Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Giving A Lady Space! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Giving A Lady Space! (5692 Views)

3 Simple Steps To Giving A Mind-blowing ‘Mouth Action’ / Giving A Girl Transport Fare When She Comes Visiting / Girl Giving A Guy Gifts And Money: Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving A Lady Space! by 190: 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2009
I have often heard alot of peeps sayin that they wud rather give a lady space once
they notice she is misbhaving,giving her space what does it fully mean
does it mean not pickin her calls as well (if she ever called)
is it meant to correct the lady
how effective is it
and what of if she has this Kingsize pride in her head and is also
giving u space,
most guys wud rather talk 2 their Gf's wen they notice some sort of misbhaviour 4rm the girl
than immediately giving her space, embarassed embarassed

pls air ur views on what u tink abt this,ladies does this givin space actually work on u
everyone invited except NA2DAY
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2009
well, it kinda depends on the situation really
sometimes i like it wen im given my own space and other times (to be honest) i misbehave just to get some kind of reaction and attention, just to see if he's still into me really tongue lol
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by stilletos: 11:54pm On Aug 23, 2009
If your girl cracked a joke at your expense. Maybe she joked about the fact that you always forget to comb your hair. That really isn't that bad so you can point it out later. On the other hand if she was with her friends and you want to talk to her and she was doing you strong thing or when you go out together she acts like she is single(then space is definately the solution to your problem). Space is not coming around her to often.God bless the soul that invented work.It is always a good excuse. When she calls, sound a bit distant like you aren't there but you are there.before you know it her eyes will clear and she will be like "babe, you've been acting wierd lately wats up wih you."

If she has the kingsize pride then it will always be a barrier in your relationship.Except you are ready to apologise for both your wrongs and hers for the rest of your lives.
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by topup: 12:04am On Aug 24, 2009
Distancing themselves from the lady in question. This is probably more emotional than physical, though it could be both. He could stop calling as often, reduce visits, or even get a job somewhere else or move somewhere he can think clearly.

Giving a woman space is all about making her feel your loss, making her see what it is like not having your services, be they physical or emotional, she doesn't have someone to confide in who will be there at her beck and call, early hours in the morning to hear her frustrations and put her to bed, he won't be there to pick up her deliveries, bring her lunch, take her out to romantic meals, typically all the things that the guy used to do.

Remove the benefits and you've given her space. She gets a taste of life without you, hopefully she realises how much you mean to her, and she searches for the guy, trying to get back in contact. If the guy did it to get the woman's attention, he now has the advantage, as she has realised how much she really needs him.

Sometimes this backfires though, she may never call, or be thrilled with the new freedom and space she's received.

You've got to be careful when you give a woman space, because this also includes thinking space, and if you weren't all that good a guy to her in the first place, don't be surprised if she loves the space so much, she'd rather it be left that way.
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 24, 2009
If i ask for space, i'm distancing myself from you. If you give me space, i expect that you're doing the same and i'll move on.
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by na2day2(m): 4:02am On Aug 24, 2009
***** passing through, can't help noticing that i am famous ***** cool cool cool
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by 190: 7:50am On Aug 24, 2009
cool replies
never knew that ladies are intelligent fellows unlike most males
cant u see the 1st male that posted 2 this and the remark he made

Kudos 2 u ladies
kip the replies flowing
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by DaudaAbu(m): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2009
She need space' giv her space.

she doesnt call, bone her cos she aint worth it
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by Atreus(f): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2009
Dont gum the girl. I think there should be a level of space at every point in time during a r/ship. That you're in love does not mean both of you have suddenly merged into one,or that one partner is an extension of the other or vice-versa. You're still seperate individuals,and for your relationship to work,you need to maintain your seperateness,and each partner deserves a level of space. Using the 'i need some space' card is usually a painless way to break up with someone;it's so gradual,sometimes the other person doesnt even know what's going on. I dont think i'd be comfortable with my woman asking me for space because i know i dont crowd her.
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2009
For me I don’t believe in giving a someone space. Except she specifically asks for it! While I agree with Totup that it could make the lady realize how special you are and come running back, I believe it could also give her the wrong impression.

First of all, I believe a certain degree of privacy and independence should be maintained in every relationship. If there is need to cool the heat for a while, it should be mutual. If either party decides to take that decision unilaterally it could backfire because we ladies have a way of seeing all the faults in a guy once we break up with him. While you are giving her that space, she is reevaluating the relationship and wondering if it was really worth all that stress.

Secondly, if a lady starts misbehaving and you decide to ‘give her space’ she’ll use that opportunity to run into the arms of that guy making her misbehave. You will not only lose her, you’ll end up wondering if you did the right thing in the first place by ‘giving her space’.

If a guy I’m dating and he says he needs space, I’ll just think he wants to break up and I’ll let him go. If he doesn’t say it and I notice he’s changed his action towards me, I’ll ask him why, and if he says he needs space, I’ll just conclude he’s seeing someone else.

So like I said before, things like this could backfire, so before you do that, think about what you really want!!!
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by whitelexi(m): 10:46am On Aug 24, 2009
ezinne1212:

If i ask for space, i'm distancing myself from you. If you give me space, i expect that you're doing the same and i'll move on.

May my God bless u abundantly!

A silly girl asked me to give her a 2 week break, i decided to give her a permanent break, she then decides to come to nl and slang me, i say may thunder fire her black yansh there grin grin grin
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by ammamat(f): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2009
Yeah , before fear of falling in love, but now have seen enuf so nothing to fear again, if its works fine, if its donesn't i still take it by faith and live all in God's hand
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by na2day2(m): 1:11am On Aug 25, 2009
190:

cool replies
never knew that ladies are intelligent fellows unlike most males
cant u see the 1st male that posted 2 this and the remark he made

Kudos 2 u ladies
kip the replies flowing

why are u calling urself out like that, we already know, no need to shout it on the roof tops tongue tongue tongue

FYI: u are the 1st male to post on this thread grin grin grin grin
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by whitelexi(m): 8:09am On Aug 25, 2009
I sense a little funny friction between na2day and 190. . . Una dey mend? Make i call don king? grin grin grin
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by C2H5OH(f): 8:17am On Aug 25, 2009

A silly girl asked me to give her a 2 week break, i decided to give her a permanent break, she then decides to come to nl and slang me, i say may thunder fire her black yansh there

LOL what was she expecting you to wait around while she fiddles around with her silly ass games?
Unbelievable some women are, just unbeliefable
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by iice(f): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2009
ezinne1212:

Gbam!
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by Pataki: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2009
This topic is subject to relativity of personalities. When I tell a lady to give me space, I actually want to sort out my feelings between her and possibly someone else. When she demands for the space, I automatically switch into the mode that the affair is over. I just simply move on with my life.
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by galatico(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2009
Giving a Lady space is necessary, it would afford you the time to think about the relationship, see what you have gained from it and check out the loss if it outweigh the advantages, to evaluate the relationship!!!
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by whitelexi(m): 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2009
C2H5OH:

LOL what was she expecting you to wait around while she fiddles around with her silly ass games?

Bros, gone are the days grin grin grin
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2009
ezinne1212:

Yup.
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by 190: 11:11pm On Aug 25, 2009
smooth replies
matured responses
but i clearly remember asking 1 certain na2day not 2 part-take in this thread!

what the heck hell (666) is he doin here

pls dont be distracted there is a dark lord on the loose
dont derail the thread

so the next question is it is necessary 2 give a lady space anytyme she request for it
especially if ure in love wit her and maybe u both have been facin some dark storms of recent
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by na2day2(m): 12:14am On Aug 26, 2009
whitelexi:

I sense a little funny friction between na2day and 190. . . Una dey mend? Make i call don king? grin grin grin

haba! lord lexi, 190 na small pikin nau. na only one left hand upper cut i go give am hin go kpeme! grin grin
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by MyneWhite1(f): 12:20am On Aug 26, 2009
If I ask for space, be very careful or look forward to the end of the relationship. Gba gbe!
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by follypimpi(m): 12:39am On Aug 26, 2009
190:

so the next question is it is necessary 2 give a lady space anytyme she request for it
especially if ure in love wit her and maybe u both have been facin some dark storms of recent

Depends if am feeling her,if not i just move on with my life,most times i translate a break/a breathing space depending on the specific amount of days,weeks requested as a way of the girl tellin me it's over,I jst say GUD BYE,NEXT ,
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by 190: 1:29am On Aug 26, 2009
na2day?:

haba! lord lexi, 190 na small pikin nau. na only one left hand upper cut i go give am hin go kpeme! grin grin

easier said dan done!
gollum!

@all
kip the replies rollin
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by na2day2(m): 1:46am On Aug 26, 2009
190:

easier said dan done!
gollum!

oya, try ya luck na grin grin
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by 190: 1:58am On Aug 26, 2009
oooh na!! angry angry
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by 190: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2009
embarassed
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by 190: 8:26am On Aug 27, 2009
undecided
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

whitelexi:

A silly girl asked me to give her a 2 week break, i decided to give her a permanent break, she then decides to come to nl and slang me, i say may thunder fire her black yansh there grin grin grin

whitelexi:

Bros, gone are the days grin grin grin

Chei!! See these ones feeling cool with themselves. Umunwanyi atakwaaa afufu sad

190:

If a lady asks for space, there's not much you can do. If she could come out open to say it, you have no choice but to give it to her. Especially if you love her. If she wants to leave you, no amount of being there can change her mind. But if she just needs an opportunity to clear her head, then the best thing you can do is to let her be. 'If you love a bird, you let it go, if it comes back to you, then you know its yours'.

What did you do to her that's making her ask for space
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by na2day2(m): 1:47am On Aug 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

If a lady asks for space, there's not much you can do. If she could come out open to say it, you have no choice but to give it to her. Especially if you love her. If she wants to leave you, no amount of being there can change her mind. But if she just needs an opportunity to clear her head, then the best thing you can do is to let her be. 'If you love a bird, you let it go, if it comes back to you, then you know its yours'.

What did you do to her that's making her ask for space

what if ur guy ask u to give him space? will love let u do so?
Re: Giving A Lady Space! by kellorah: 1:52am On Aug 28, 2009
Do u mean space as in a break from the relationship (days, weeks), or sace as in some mins, or an hr, to re-think what she/he said to u??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Pet Name Do You Called Your Bf/gf Or Hubby/wifey? / Best Posture To Use When Toasting A Babe (crazy Pictures) / The Biggest joysticks In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.