Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (72584 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement / How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by BabaAlaji(m): 11:26am On Jun 01, 2016
nbright:
Na their money o.... That looks like slaughter. Trans Amadi slaughter in Port Harcourt

Not even like, that Last picture is slaughter in Trans_Amadi in PH shocked shocked. The photographer stand at the slaughter bridge and take the picture,
No mind us we the Niger Deltans collect matching ground in any project cry cry, any company want to volunteer and do it for us,
So I blame no one but we the youths, leaders and the elders of Niger Delta in general, I rest my case here cool cool.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by comos: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2016
ugotuf:
That photo puts it more succinctly.

the 1st pix above is not Lagos
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by jidxin(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2016
lagos- a state Abuja - a state Niger delta -a state? wat of places like makoko ajegunle bariga etc places like portharcot the city of skyscraper, akwa ibom etc
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Izonpikin: 11:28am On Jun 01, 2016
slimfit1:
True but even GEJ did nothing in Niger Delta so what are we talking about 5 -6. Even they neglected themselves.
gej still had to concentrate on the north to ensure he doesnt end up a bigot...that didnt actually stop the north sha from flinging him away...although gej make me vex too since he was surrounded by thieves who assisted him in looting the country...this is why regionalism must be fostered...a president would not have to worry about issues of marginalization since states can take of their needs..nigeria would forever be complicated and slow until we accept true federalism...
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by jice(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2016
Ok nah
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by jidxin(m): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2016
comos:

the 1st pix above is not Lagos
u obviously havnt bin to lagos before
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Izonpikin: 11:33am On Jun 01, 2016
modath:

Did the scavengers just wake up from a coma?

13% ,NDDC, ND Ministry? They are their own problems.

niger deltans want to control 80 percent whilst giving the FG 20 percent...is that so hard
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by shaqhead: 11:33am On Jun 01, 2016
olafum1:

They were not much marginalized in appointments & likes or regarded as 5% under GEJ.

Imagine some northern leaders along side pmb vowing to give them the Boko Haram treatment when only it is pipelines they are blowing up, and at the time they all are denying the ethnicity of the Fulani terrorists, who is maiming & taking lives.

So it's d govt that is bringing this on itself.

To me, one live is more significant to all the pipelines in Nigeria.

Mind you, what they are clamouring for now, is more of federalism. Let them have d larger stake over their resources. That's all. This northerners have 98% stake in their resources and are still calling for their death. Isn't that slavery and savagery?

Nigeria is ripe enough for federalism... The govt needs to act fast, smart and wise to tackle this root cause so that Nigeria can remain as ONE. enough of military bragadro over there, it will fail, Obasanjo tried it and failed but Yaradua nailed it.

Yaradua, my Hero.
Yaradua nailed nothing Son, he only postponed judgement day to later and this govt is inheriting that. That whole amnesty thing is what paves way for this where some criminality is seen as lucrative! It is still the divide and rule system where symptoms are treated and the cause remains!

Why didnt they blow pipelines during GEJ time when he was empowered other criminals like Tompolo!

The Niger Delta is cursed with the worse leaders akin to leaders in the North!

There was a time the Niger Delta asked for 13% derivation. Can u in all honesty tell me where the whole 13% derivation has gone to?

We also asked for Niger Delta Ministry! Do you by chance know how that has impacted the lives of Niger deltans on the streeet?

Lest not forget that we had an NDDC. This is another drainpipe! What the heck happens there?

If the Niger Delta cant make do with the "little" she gets, then it bares askin if we can do anything with the whole treasury in our backyard!

Our problems are our greedy leaders and bombing pipelines to make a point only makes everything worse.

One thing I have noticed when. some of u talk about the condition in the Niger delta u try to make it look like the issue started yesterday when PMB assumed office!

PMB jst came onboard and one of the very first things he did was move for the implementation of the UNEP report for the clean up of Ogoni land. This was a document that has gathered so much dust even when GEJ was there.

This self serving and criminaal activity is hasty and unjustifiable. Why not wait to see what policy direction the govt takes concerning the Niger delta!

If Lagos state developed to the way it is without federalism, you cant imagine where they will be with it.

Leaders in the Niger Delta should get their acts together like Obiano is doin in the core "5%" zone without makin noise about it!

One thing needs to be said, NDA are criminals with the likes of tompolo, asari and the rest!

5 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Izonpikin: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2016
wellmax:
What did the ND Governors do with 13% derivation, NDDC projects, Federal Allocation, Ministry of ND Intervention etc.

For ND, the enemy is not FG, the REAL enemy is their own people.
the enemies are both the niger delta leaders and the scam of a template nigeria operates on..
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by MeAboki(m): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2016
modath:

Did the scavengers just wake up from a coma?

13% ,NDDC, ND Ministry? They are their own problems.

They just collect the money and share between themselves -nothing for their communities.
One of their governors recently exposed them as being lazy and expectant of government to do everything for them.

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by cokoduck: 11:36am On Jun 01, 2016
Brunel:
I am a proponent for non violent conflict resolution.
However, past decades has shown that violence draws needed attention.
If in 1966 the Niger Delta complained of something and in 2016 they're still complaining of the same thing isn't this an indication that there is a fundamental issue?
Leaders at local, state and federal levels have disappointed the Niger Delta greatly.
What excuse really do they want to tell the guys thathat Abuja that's not as old as the Niger Delta is millions ahead in development?
Clearly, these militants don't trust the government including their own state government.
The military can like to level the Delta communities. ...........It will only be a short term solution if the root cause ( not selfish interests) of this issue isn't handled.
I read a post here yesterday about the opportunities Nigeria and the Niger Delta in particular are losing with continued violence and I know this is true.
But if the militants halt, what assurance do they have that the main issue (not selfish interests) will be attended to?
People may think that the militants are getting support of the host communities and the Niger Delta people, but the truth is as a Niger Deltan, I feel pain when I know that the money driving the country comes from my community and we do not feel the benefits.
In my community for instance, our river is now like a mud. No fish, no habitation, the place stinks! While growing up, I remember going to the river to swim and fish and sight see........ not anymore.
These fundamental issues cannot be swept away, they cannot be killed away.
If the government will attend to these issues, the people of the Niger Delta will vomit these guys. Because they are mostly criminal
Why do you call them criminals, did they rob you, harm you or rape your mother and sisters? If no why then do you label them criminals? The same people fighting for you and you are calling them criminals just to please the people from infinity and beyond. Last time I checked they did not kidnap anybody. So please they are not criminals but freedom fighters.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by slimfit1(m): 11:36am On Jun 01, 2016
AreaFada2:

True. For fear of being crucified by the majority tribes. If he had focused only on South, that would have been somehow justified to blame him now. Still GEJ was called tribal leader/Ijaw militant.

It seems there's no pleasing those who think they own the troublesome never-do-well entity called 9ja. shocked

That shows he was not aware of what has been going on in this country. Go to Minna tell me how that place looks like . He was clueless and he surrounded himself with clueless and selfish people. If it was me my village would look like a developed city I don't care what people say or think, as long as we provide the bread we will be the first to take a bite.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by farihafaheemah(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2016
vivalavida:
If this is the case,no one can blame them.
How can resources in your area be used to make other places look like heaven while the region that brings forth the resources look like hell
That is injustice

It would have been a good fight if they call their governors to order, allocation was given to each state, 13% also there, what do they use it for. Were they not the same people that celebrated late Alams when he returned from London after his arrest, the same people that wanted to stop repatriation of Ibori. Their leaders shld be called for questioning how the spent allocation given to them not FG
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by kvngveektour(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2016
[img][/img]

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 01, 2016
SWG25:
What benefits does the Niger Delta enjoy anyway? If you compare that to what oil gives Nigeria, you'll understand that its nothing.

The Niger Delta gets less than 20% of what Nigeria makes from oil and gas. It may be even less than 10 percent.

less than 5%, federal and multinational companies representation workforce is less than 1%!
but truth be told, the leaders/goons have misplaced priorities, they most times have the tendency of acting like father Christmas (very generous) to the detriment of its people, whereas they are the most cheated.
it is only ND you will find exco sharing bursary allowances with students from other state associations leaving its own students.
most of these people are greedy and selfish with medieval mentality thinking of only themselves instead of greater collective good of the community.
this is a typical example of extreme stupidity.

the 13% derivation, nddc, ND ministry just started in the decade we are in presently (less than 10years old)! and is not enough to compensate the prolonged, sustained massive deprivation, neglect and injustices the region has been subjected to and is still been subjected to for over 4decades. so you've got to cut them some slack.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by AdeniyiA(m): 11:39am On Jun 01, 2016
slimfit1:
True but even GEJ did nothing in Niger Delta so what are we talking about 5 -6. Even they neglected themselves.
great point there...
instead he was busy enriching some few militants like Tompolo undecided

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by archdon: 11:39am On Jun 01, 2016
veeceesynergy:
. When they were fully represented and not Marginalised in appointments, what did they achieve.

They have misplaced anger, Jonathan was there first as VP and they President for 8 yrs and did nothing for his pple, the contacts and scholarships for the region goes the the children of their elites, Kings and leaders,

Their anger should be directed towards their leaders not Nigeria, Nigeria even have a whole minister dedicated to the development of their communities "Minister of the Niger delta affairs" usually someone from there with their own huge budget and all, nobody is holding him /her responsible.

Take Awka Ibom as an example they had good good governor for 8yrs only see what he achieved, he turned Akwa Ibom from a fishing village to a Modern State, with world class hospitals, schools, stadium, improved infrastructure and agricultural

If u need anybody to blame blame urself for cheating urself but blaming others for ur problems is just easy and lazy
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Bluffly: 11:41am On Jun 01, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Go back and read my post again. Every state receives allocations from FG. The allocation is not only for development of infrastructure. Abuja and Lagos wouldn't be the way they are today if all they got was federal allocations. FG consciously invested in them and made sure almost everyone else did.

Maybe we need to relocate our Federal Capital from region to region. grin

Lagos is a former Capital, Abuja is currently a Capital. They all share this money together. Point of correction, Lagos was majorly developed with Agriculture proceeds, before the emergence of oil. Lagos generates IGR and use it well, majorly. Let their Governors put on their thinking cap. If they are peaceful, Businesses would love to locate there but since they are not who will. Do you know what Federal government is owing Lagos state for the development of Federal infrastructures?
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by greatmen: 11:41am On Jun 01, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
A Twitter user shared the pics above and wrote......

'Could this be why @Niger Delta Avengers are blowing pipelines or are there more to it than they claim?

na wa one naijararia grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Unbrandedguy: 11:42am On Jun 01, 2016
olafum1:

They were not much marginalized in appointments & likes or regarded as 5% under GEJ.

Imagine some northern leaders along side pmb vowing to give them the Boko Haram treatment when only it is pipelines they are blowing up, and at the time they all are denying the ethnicity of the Fulani terrorists, who is maiming & taking lives.

So it's d govt that is bringing this on itself.

To me, one live is more significant to all the pipelines in Nigeria.

Mind you, what they are clamouring for now, is more of federalism. Let them have d larger stake over their resources. That's all. This northerners have 98% stake in their resources and are still calling for their death. Isn't that slavery and savagery?

Nigeria is ripe enough for federalism... The govt needs to act fast, smart and wise to tackle this root cause so that Nigeria can remain as ONE. enough of military bragadro over there, it will fail, Obasanjo tried it and failed but Yaradua nailed it.

Yaradua, my Hero.

May God bless whoever you are.. I'm not a Niger Deltan, Buh its burning me when I realized these issues. Imagine the northerners owning 95% oil blocks in the south south, while they own NONE in Ondo and badagry Lagos states? These one in southwest are owned by southwesterners. Y won't they fight Later someone in this NL will open mouth and say things they don't know. If I were a Niger deltan I might hve been forced to join the cause, whichever way.

I strongly advice that they should keep video records of all the harassments attacks and killing going on in all these saga as evidences.. ICC is loading for him. He may think its like the time of OBJ who did his' when ICC hasn't start trying such kind of cases..

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by pulsa(m): 11:44am On Jun 01, 2016
SWG25:
C'mon! That's not Lagos. What part of Lagos is that?
Lagos island mostly looks like that.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by nedu2000(m): 11:45am On Jun 01, 2016
beautyann:
Very True

Proudly 5%

We, the 5% has decided to keep our oyel. hE should sell his cows, groundnut and rice and use the proceeds to carter for his 97%.

PERIOD.
I guess maths isn't ur best subject
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by ifeanyi83(m): 11:48am On Jun 01, 2016
Many questions beg for answers. The Niger-Delta leaders past and present have questions to answer....
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Ykollection: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2016
........ Among the said properties is owned by the same members of the Niger Delters.
Percentage Derivation given to them if properly manager by there previous leaders things would have worked better comparably. The ill getting wealth of the former fugitive Governor of of Bayelsa state alone if properly channel to towards education or health; the impact would have been filled by the region. If Kwankwaso could single handedly build North West University within last four years of his regime despite the merger resources to her States considering the population of the state Civil servants, what stop the leaders of that region to replicate the same in their respective state
What is the worth of tompolo then and now and what is the significance of his impact to the community he claims to represent, the same thing applicable to Asari Dokubo, Mrs Alise Madueke, even GEJ Himself couldn't do much to his immediate constituency.
They should hold their respective leaders responsible to worst and degradation of their communities and let them embarked on the aggressive free educational for all and attitudesional change for productivity bcs their young are learning from them.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Brunel(m): 11:50am On Jun 01, 2016
cokoduck:
Why do you call them criminals, did they rob you, harm you or rape your mother and sisters? If no why then do you label them criminals? The same people fighting for you and you are calling them criminals just to please the people from infinity and beyond. Last time I checked they did not kidnap anybody. So please they are not criminals but freedom fighters.
Thank you sir.
Ken Saro Wiwa and Isaac Adaka Boro are freedom fighters.
People who exploit the Niger Delta situation to their benefit are part of the problem and therefore are criminal. You cannot say your people are neglected then you get money from the government or oil companies and then keep quiet or reduce your agitation. If they were truly genuine, the past administration would have been put under pressure to attend to the cries, what we saw is that these guys started buying private jets, living in opulence, building universities etc.
A freedom fighter won't stop fighting until he's free.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Shym3xx: 11:54am On Jun 01, 2016
Bluffly:

Lagos is a former Capital, Abuja is currently a Capital. They all share this money together. Point of correction, Lagos was majorly developed with Agriculture proceeds, before the emergence of oil. Lagos generates IGR and use it well, majorly. Let their Governors put on their thinking cap. If they are peaceful, Businesses would love to locate there but since they are not who will. Do you know what Federal government is owing Lagos state for the development of Federal infrastructures?

So, you're Yoruba, yes?

Darn! You Yoruba folks on this forum always disappoint me with the way you harangue with these folks over inconsequential, insufficient, and counter-productive accursed oil. A cursory look into Yoruba post-colonial history would showed that the region achieved its greatest strides when it depended on proceeds from agriculture and it looked inwards to create wealth. So why be the loudest voices for other parasitic regions that can't thrive without being fixated oil proceeds?

Lagos has potentials to be a world class city, if the population can be managed effectively and they can find a way to create an identity for it. And it has a few drops of oil and bit of gas reserves. Ditto seaports for commerce. Ogun has massive potentials to be an industrial hub. Ibadan has huge untapped potentials and it can become a world class city if well restructured and planning. Ondo has a lot of potentials. Ditto Ekiti, Osun, and other parts of Oyo for agriculture and tourism. So, what's the fixation on oil that has stagnated growth about?

Our fixation should be on (semi)autonomy...not oil. Let them take their oil. If we can get (semi)autonomy, the money generated by Lagos alone should be able to replace whatever proceeds we're getting from oil right now. Lagos is being cheated in the scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by oxyG: 11:55am On Jun 01, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
A Twitter user shared the pics above and wrote......

'Could this be why @Niger Delta Avengers are blowing pipelines or are there more to it than they claim?

And they think the bombings will make the region better?
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 01, 2016
thunder74:

How did government reward Tompolo that invested in Nigeria? By confiscating his properties and labelling him a criminal. Those signs will not encourage any of them to invest in Nigeria.

This is because they might will be hunted by their kingsmen and those that they are sponsoring. That means their hands too are not clean. Even tinubu, which is close ally of dokubo, upon all his so called shaddy deals and curruption has most of his investment in nigeria. Why cant they site it in places that are save in the region?
I stayed in niger delta for years. I mean creeks and riverine area not cities, majorly ,bayelsa and the likes- from patani-sagbama, toru ebeni,kabiama, okobiri, brass and nembe amasomma, ogbia, name them even during MEND days. We know what is really happening in the place. Even then, a local government chairman likely richer than some State governor but they will never come office? why because their hands are not clean, even in the community. Too many factions and leaders. So i know what i am talking about. The more you are influenced and radicals, either young or old, the more you will command boys...Even if they still control everything, there wont be development because of these.

uduokirika1:
Be sincere to urself do u think dat university will still be functional today under this gvt had he built it in nigeria?
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by slap1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
olafum1:

Imagine some northern leaders along side pmb vowing to give them the Boko Haram treatment when only it is pipelines they are blowing up, and at the same time they all are denying the ethnicity of the Fulani terrorists, who is maiming & taking lives in a gruesome manner in the south.

So it's d govt that shot herself in the leg sad. To me, one live is more significant to all the pipelines in Nigeria.

Mind you, what they are clamouring for now, is more of federalism. Let them have d larger stake over their resources. That's all. This northerners have 98% stake in their resources and are still calling for their death, using the boyscout military who specializes in terrorizing civilians. Isn't that another form of modern day slavery and savagery?

Nigeria is ripe enough for federalism... The govt needs to act fast, smart and wise to tackle this root cause, so that the country can remain as ONE. enough of military bragadro over there, it will fail, Obasanjo tried it and failed but Yaradua nailed it.

Yaradua, my Hero.

Some people think everything is about tribalism. I respect Yar'Adua a lot. I wish he was still alive.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Subway1011: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
Shym3xx:

So, you're Yoruba, yes?

Darn! You Yoruba folks on this forum always disappoint me with the way you harangue with these folks over inconsequential, insufficient, and counter-productive accursed oil. A cursory look into Yoruba post-colonial history would showed that the region achieved its greatest strides when it depended on proceeds from agriculture and it looked inwards to create wealth. So why be the loudest voices for other parasitic regions that can't thrive without being fixated oil proceeds?

Lagos has potentials to be a world class city, if the population can be managed effectively and they can find a way to create an identity for it. And it has a few drops of oil and bit of gas reserves. Ditto seaports for commerce. Ogun has massive potentials to be an industrial hub. Ibadan has huge untapped potentials and it can become a world class city if well restructured and planning. Ondo has a lot of potentials. Ditto Ekiti, Osun, and other parts of Oyo for agriculture and tourism. So, what's the fixation on oil that has stagnated growth about?

Our fixation should be on (semi)autonomy...not oil. Let them take their oil. If we can get (semi)autonomy, the money generated by Lagos alone should be able to replace whatever proceeds we're getting from oil right now. Lagos is being cheated in the scheme of things.

Gbam.
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by galadima77(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
So why didnt they blow it during GEJ's regime?

Maybe Buhari suddenly developed Lagos and Abuja.

Next topic abeg!
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
FYB:
And all the money dat was used to develop abuja came from the Niger Delta angry

Monkey d work, Baboon d chop
Wetin concern Lagos with your oil?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ex-Abia Finance Commissioner, Oriaku 'Dancing Naked In Market Square', By Nnamdi / Buhari Wins All 44 LG In Kano / Jubilation In Kano After Osinbajo's Declaration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.