Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR (39450 Views)

PDP To Lai Mohammed: "You Can't Censor The Media, It's Called Freedom Of Speech" / Babangida Can't Wear Shoes Anymore. Nemesis Catches Up With The Evil Genius - SR / Corrupt Nigerians Fighting Me With Stolen Wealth, Buhari Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
thesicilian:
Won't it be so much easier to just make a list of those who are not corrupt?
.......hmmmmmm wink

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by 7lives: 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
Boss13:
This is public humiliation. Many people should be praying for their name not to be on that list. I guess a lot of the corrupt people will be begging Lai to exclude their names.

If you ask me, I believe this is the way to go about it. If you steal, you get the shame. Every Nigerians will now know those people who have been robbing the country blind. I expect to see some popular names, however, those popular ones have no shame already.

Nice one, baba washing Nigeria's dirty linen in public as usual.
Most of them will never imagine this happening to them, I believe all those online ranting and wailings, Fulani this Agatu that, NDA Igbos et all, are set up by these thieves to whip up negative sentiments against Buhari's fight against corruption.
Let the list be updated as more discoveries are made, this is how its done in foreign countries, Nigeria should not be an exception.
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by vascey(m): 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Very good.
However, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.
I dare say that the government and its agents could be sued for libel and character defamation if they publish a list of corrupt individuals who have not yet been found guilty by a competent court.
As for those that will comment on money returned, that is a good thing. But our constitution has penalties and jail terms for those who are found guilty. Governance and administration of justice have been separated in the constitution so that the government can not apply justice in which ever way it feels comfortable with. That is abuse!
And PMB has sworn to uphold that constitution. So if he publishes a list of non-convicted corrupt persons, hope it starts with his name for fraudulently breaking an oath he swore to uphold.

Dear PMB, I don't need a list. I need the corrupt ones sent to jail and proceeds of corruption confiscated. That is the only way to show that this fight is transparent and ensure that up and coming leaders take a cue; and traditional social morals are upheld. We need a strong system and not a strong man. Publish your list only when they have been found guilty, convicted and are rotting in jail.

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by SeyiOmoOba: 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
thesicilian:

Guy!

You bad"est"

Anyways, you're making sense sha o!

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by skelewu404(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
i expect to see my father's name their o, because i don't understand how rich that guy as become n very stingy
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by diva90: 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
We are eagerly waiting to see this list. If Jonathan's name is not there, we no go gree oh! And let me guess deziani is number 1 or 2
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by rexzqcom(m): 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
see dem dem, dey don dey change tone, everything na lie to dem, na dem dey shout for list, now the list don almost reach their doormot, dem dey shout it's illegal, the list no go complete, who give them authority to release list, bla bla bla.
abeg if you no like the government, wait for 4years or kill yourself.
gej scam me for NIS, I endured till 2015 and I pay him back in my own coin, no noise. hypertension is real oooo

The government seems ignorant as it illiterate leader.
Without legal advicers, and acting with mob instincts.
Any and all names in the list that are on the long run found not culpable, have counter claims cases for damages against the accusers for defamation of characters.
Constituted authority must exercise all due diligence before actions. This government seems more prone to irrational actions that have not been exhaustively thought through.

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by diva90: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
skelewu404:
i expect to see my father's name their o, because i don't understand how rich that guy as become n very stingy

Lol! My dear, many rich men don't lavish funds on their kids contrary to the thoughts of many people. He will provide you with essentials such as a car, good education, food, housing and necessary pocket money but just a few will give their kids millions to hold
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by Chiboboski: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
etebefia:
I strongly doubt if this list will ever come out, that is if there is one being prepared
the list will come out whether good or bad
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by harveyspec: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
ubaobi:
Who is the judge and jury. Only a competent court of law has the right to declare anyone corrupt. An accused is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. As much as I support the fight against corruption, this is definitely not the way to go about it we are gradually sliding into an abyss of lawlessness and dictatorship. This disrespect for due process and the rule of law is disheartening.

I don't get you, public funds was found in their possesion, some of it was returned as a form of plea bargaining

now govt wants to publish the names of those who returned funds & you say it's an abuse of power

which competent court declared abacha corrupt or ruled that abacha stole money? But his loots have been returned & still returned

which one sounds better & believable?

1. Abacha's $320million stolen funds about to be repatriated or has been recovered

2.$320million looted by a former head of state about to be recovered or has been recovered

I await your answers
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by erosimo(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
It highly irresponsible and political for government to reel out names of some people as corrupt when no court of law either in nigeria or abroad has convicted them of corrupt charges. In fact, FG will lose billions of naira through law suits afterwards. I hope that is not more than cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by harveyspec: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
vascey:
Very good.
However, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.
I dare say that the government and its agents could be sued for libel and character defamation if they publish a list of corrupt individuals who have not yet been found guilty by a competent court.
As for those that will comment on money returned, that is a good thing. But our constitution has penalties and jail terms for those who are found guilty. Governance and administration of justice have been separated in the constitution so that the government can not apply justice in which ever way it feels comfortable with. That is abuse!
And PMB has sworn to uphold that constitution. So if he publishes a list of non-convicted corrupt persons, hope it starts with his name for fraudulently breaking an oath he swore to uphold.

Dear PMB, I don't need a list. I need the corrupt ones sent to jail and proceeds of corruption confiscated. That is the only way to show that this fight is transparent and ensure that up and coming leaders take a cue; and traditional social morals are upheld. We need a strong system and not a strong man. Publish your list only when they have been found guilty, convicted and are rotting in jail.

the list is for monies recovered & from whom it was recovered!!

How does that amount to abuse?

that should let you know that a form of plea bargaining was done
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by DonnyT: 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
thesicilian:

Lol, very true

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by rexzqcom(m): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
harveyspec:

the list is for monies recovered & from whom it was recovered!!

How does that amount to abuse?

that should let you know that a form of plea bargaining was done

Plea bargains must be adjudicated by competent court of law for admissibility in trails. Means of obtaining the confessional bargains must be legal. Tortures, intimidating and coercive interrogations produced evidence are not viable evidence. People admit and do anything required to stop painful inflictions on them. Even when they are perfectly innocents.
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
etebefia:
I strongly doubt if this list will ever come out, that is if there is one being prepared

That list will sure miss/disappear like the national budget did. Dont forget, the country has not changed...it's still Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by blayde(m): 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
As long as i love to see the names of those who have plundered this nation's resources, i still feel this will discourage those who are willing to give back what they have stolen from doing so. They would rather use such money to fight tooth and nail to protect their ass.

Why not enact a bill to hang such criminals and save them eternal shame.
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by ozimec(m): 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
thesicilian:

Lol....guy you're a good mathematician. Simply make a list of those who are not corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by menxer: 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
Splinz:
It's needless telling Lie anything. We already know he'll add salt and pepper to whatever rubbish they're gonna dish out to their gullible followers.

Surprisingly, you are following "their" discussion. grin
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by OlujobaSamuel: 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
rexzqcom:

The government seems ignorant as it illiterate leader.
Without legal advicers, and acting with mob instincts.
Any and all names in the list that are on the long run found not culpable, have counter claims cases for damages against the accusers for defamation of characters.
Constituted authority must exercise all due diligence before actions. This government seems more prone to irrational actions that have not been exhaustively thought through.
so you think the legal angle was not considered?
people made so much noise about legality when cbn started the idea of banks publishing names of debtors, yet none was bold enough to challenge it in court.
it's not in my place to start yelling on behalf of politicians for having their names published as those found wanting in corrupt act.
the list I believe, comprises of those that have returned money and the amount returned, and the list of those that decline to return and currently have their case in court, so there will be classification, it's not like it's a list that will be tittle CORRUPT POLITICIANS/NIGERIANS, so there is no way a libel suit will be proven in court.
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by Montaque(m): 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
Boss13:
This is public humiliation. Many people should be praying for their name not to be on that list. I guess a lot of the corrupt people will be begging Lai to exclude their names.

If you ask me, I believe this is the way to go about it. If you steal, you get the shame. Every Nigerians will now know those people who have been robbing the country blind. I expect to see some popular names, however, those popular ones have no shame already.
Wow! This is the way to? U cant be serious.
So the president determines who is corrupt or not? Some of us are worse than this undemocratic and crude head of state.
Thiis has just siidelined the judiciary in a supposed democratic government.
A news broke out that a despote is personally compiling list of his supposed adversaries without an independent arbitar, and people are shouting and haiiling him instead of calling for an objective inquiry. U deserve pmb anyway

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
centvin008:
undecided
There is no list any where. Just mark my word.

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by harveyspec: 8:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
rexzqcom:

Plea bargains must be adjudicated by competent court of law for admissibility in trails. Means of obtaining the confessional bargains must be legal. Tortures, intimidating and coercive interrogations produced evidence are not viable evidence. People admit and do anything required to stop painful inflictions on them. Even when they are perfectly innocents.

innocent to refund monies they didn't steal??
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by COMPAQ(m): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
thesicilian:
Wow!! This is the quote of the day!!

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by COMPAQ(m): 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Montaque:

Wow! This is the way to? U cant be serious.
So the president determines who is corrupt or not? Some of us are worse than this undemocratic and crude head of state.
Thiis has just siidelined the judiciary in a supposed democratic government.
A news broke out that a despote is personally compiling list of his supposed adversaries without an independent arbitar, and people are shouting and haiiling him instead of calling for an objective inquiry. U deserve pmb anyway

If anyone has actually returned money, doesn't that suggest something? Besides the list doesn't necessarily have to be corrupt Nigerians but Nigerians who have returned money. Let the courts then determine corruptibility. That's how I would pitch it anyway.
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by Xeedorf: 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
i pray make my name dey their...
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by Bjergtrolde: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
I am wiling to bet £100.00 that when the list is released, it would not contain the following names

1) IBB
2) OBJ
3) Abdulsalam Abubarkar
4) Tinubu
5) "Borehole" Fashola
6) "Monorail" Amaechi
7) "Christmas tree" Okorocha
cool "Largest talking drum" Aregbe

1 Like

Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by rexzqcom(m): 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
harveyspec:

innocent to refund monies they didn't steal??

Yes, people pays sometimes after shakedowns and beatdowns to stop more painful circumstances.
That's why some pay kidnappers, even when they don't owe the criminals anything. People are more likely to pay when the shakedown, beatdown have government backing.
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by rexzqcom(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

so you think the legal angle was not considered?
people made so much noise about legality when cbn started the idea of banks publishing names of debtors, yet none was bold enough to challenge it in court.
it's not in my place to start yelling on behalf of politicians for having their names published as those found wanting in corrupt act.
the list I believe, comprises of those that have returned money and the amount returned, and the list of those that decline to return and currently have their case in court, so there will be classification, it's not like it's a list that will be tittle CORRUPT POLITICIANS/NIGERIANS, so there is no way a libel suit will be proven in court.

Good. Is proper to dot all the 'i's and cross all the 't's. Have no love lust for corrupt political thieves. Loopholes must be closed for all criminals that illegally enriched themselves at the expense of the poor masses to prevent future escape from justice .
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
wayaa007:
Chai, why lai Mohammed now, how would we know the list is true or false?

Hmmmmm

Funny Nigerians
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by omenka(m): 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
I hope Lai includes his own name there. Awon borrow borrow. angry
Re: Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR by Walexsammy(m): 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
ubaobi:
Who is the judge and jury. Only a competent court of law has the right to declare anyone corrupt. An accused is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. As much as I support the fight against corruption, this is definitely not the way to go about it we are gradually sliding into an abyss of lawlessness and dictatorship. This disrespect for due process and the rule of law is disheartening.
and who is saying they are corrupt? He the're about to tell us the amount recovered, and the presido asked them to mention the names of the people they recovered the money's from.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA Members Storm Ifeanyi Ubah's House In Anambra, Beg Him To Join Party / UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, Arrives Maiduguri (Photos) / Prof. Yemi Osinbajo And His Beautiful Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.