Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency (41550 Views)

Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot / "FG Did Not Swap Boko Haram Prisoners For The 21 Chibok Girls" - Lai Mohammed / Recovered Loot: Why Buhari Won’t Disclose Amount – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by NwaTeacher1: 8:22am On Jun 05, 2016
This people are manufacturing lies everyday. What really get us into this mess called APC?

4 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by seacoast(m): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2016
Tell us who returned what... To return the money is not by will but by force, so I dnt know what you mean by....... Meanwhile, Sunday Vanguard has
been made to understand that the
reason why names of looters were
not disclosed was because of the
need to avoid the potential of
truncating the cooperation that was
already being enjoyed in the drive to
recover looted funds – in the first
instance – from some of those from
whom funds are being recovered,
just as the government did not want
to jeopardize the willingness of
others to return funds in their
possession.

4 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 05, 2016
Sai Nomadic BaBa

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by TheSCRYPT: 8:24am On Jun 05, 2016
Eventually we'll know them, let them return the monies first.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Deilluminator(m): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2016
APC = Shame

A ll

P romises

C ancelled

4 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by thistemple(m): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2016
I'm beginning to feel,know,care and understand what PMB want this country to look like. I'm a Biafr.a. but that doesn't mean I won't think on my own as a person. PMB want the best for this country.pls let join hands together and support him. he can't achieve what he's aiming,without our supports.PMB can't do it allow. he needs the "Igbo's,Hausa's and Yoruba's".in order to transform Nigeria to the greater level.

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by PassingShot(m): 8:31am On Jun 05, 2016
SWG26:
Recovered loot my arse. Lie lie people.
Guy, is it remotely possible you accept you have my money with you without me giving you any money?

Please use common sense nah.
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by saintdennis(m): 8:32am On Jun 05, 2016
Luukasz:
As its a Good idea so also its a bad idea.
Every diseases that has milked the fat cow(Nigeria) must be brought in cuffs and executed before the public eye.
This undisciplined gluttons must be shamed and obliterated.

Bro their name dey register and tomorrow IF THEY MISBEHAVE documents will be released.

This is also done in the u.s sef their justice department handles this by issuing pardons with caveats stipulating terms of agreement.

It's people like metuh, ffk who insist they won't return money even after they've been shown proof was illegally dispensed that are going to court.

Others are keeping low profiles and jejely returning theirs

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by LydayBobo(m): 8:32am On Jun 05, 2016
Good step. I also want FG to blacklist them. Permanently ban them and their families from holding any political office...for life
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Ejefash(m): 8:32am On Jun 05, 2016
ejefash
but this is not what they promise,please Mr president we want there names chikeena
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Offisial(m): 8:33am On Jun 05, 2016
I can never believe such claims, if this is true, why are immediate needs of the FG not met as necessitated by the signed budget e.g nysc stream 2

Nicur:
make Una see reason ooh grin anyway I no even wan argue but if Apc like make dem dey cook up figures upandan!! and kontinu with their useless propaganda, make dem no tell us say NIGERIA IS BROKE! cos na money be this so!!

3 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by PassingShot(m): 8:36am On Jun 05, 2016
Nicur:
Let's be honest here, so what proof does FG have that they really recovered the loot? do we believe them like that as we all know the reputation of this Government and with lie sorry Lai Mohammed involved? how do we know they are not making things up knowing that this Government still behaves like it's campaigning? did Buhari not say that he will name the looters? So if I steal and return am a free man and no crime committed?
Wonderful reasoning you've got here.

How possible is it for you to admit you have your friend's money with you when in fact you don't?

You mean the govt will say over 9bn dollars is with them without the money being there?

Reverse thinking I see here is appalling to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by loomer: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2016
Luukasz:
I hope u ain't one of those PDP Bigots.

But na true him talk. Make we leave being APC/PDP fans for now. Money don enter fg account so make them no tell us as naija broke.

Make we start see small improvement for the economy

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by SmartMugu: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2016
If I had any say from the FG standpoint, I wouldn't even bother explaining. What do people want? The money or the names? Choose one.
I'd chose the first if only the money gets back to the people and doesn't end up re-looted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by PassingShot(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2016
989900:

In an ideal world, theoretically, naming them is the perfecto.

However, 'an ideal world' rarely ever exists. We all have divergent opinions about this naming thing, and I guess those who made the decision not to name them, must have had several meetings and consultations with better info to reach the conclusion that, not naming them would be in the country's best interest. BTW, not naming them publicly does not mean their names are not in the records, nor does it offer them immunity from some other cases now, or in the future . . . some are not really flat-out guilty even, as stated in the article.

By and large, this article already stated solid points to make that decision . . . legal and all.

Bottom line is, the country needs money badly, and if this route is the fastest way to get those monies back, so be it.

We might not all agree, but I'd rather get back say $500m from a looter, than he goes to court, wastes our time and resources, and gets 5 years (roughly 3 real years) and still gets to keep the loot/or most of the loot.

Likewise, we need to remember everyone's case is different from the other. Some will see jail term no matter what, regardless of returning monies or not/publishing names or not.
I commend you for the patience displayed in explaining this. It's not easy trying to explain simple logic.

4 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Emmydreams: 8:40am On Jun 05, 2016
God bless Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by kinstinct(m): 8:41am On Jun 05, 2016
Most people are interested in seeing names so they can see where the person comes from, the party belongs, and whose name is not there so that they can start another social media warfare. God bless those that want His blessing.

If I were to write the Constitution, I would abolish prison sentences for public resource thieves. I would simply say strip them off of they have and let them walk the street and they must remain in Nigeria for the rest of their lives. But thank God I do not have the capacity.
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by cocoduck: 8:42am On Jun 05, 2016
SmartMugu:
If I had any say from the FG standpoint, I wouldn't even bother explaining. What do people want? The money or the names? Choose one.
I'd chose the first if only the money gets back to the people and doesn't end up re-looted.
see how human being dey reason like soured milk, We NEED BOTH, so that it becomes a lesson to others who would like to do that in the future, na wa ooooh, lies and propaganda just dey fly everywhere, even GEJ wasn't this bad.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by ogawisdom(m): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2016
Not naming d looters is corruption in itself BC u dnt shield a criminal angry

APC looters r being protected from shame I guess

D naming and shaming of looters help to deter others n break d circle else ppl will continue to loot n if caught they return d loot n walk free. Looters caught shld b known, shamed, stigmatized, banned from public office n prosecuted. Olodo buhari

3 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by blazetitov: 8:47am On Jun 05, 2016
Good move by FG. We need the money not the names. Members of names checkers association of Nigeria may not be happy thou.

Those with clear cases of money laundering will still be prosecuted.
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by tumbez: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2016
jamace:
If the FG can not name the looters, then it should not tell the world about the loots because the world will see ALL Nigerians as looters!
despite oll dis explanation still u didn't understand
..chaiiii nawoooo
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Rx350(m): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2016
Another masterpiece from the Masterchef Lai Mohammed.

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by kinstinct(m): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2016
Avalon316:
Can we ever believe anything from this guys?

If you made up your mind not to believe, you will never believe. That is why we have different religions in world.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by hustla(m): 8:55am On Jun 05, 2016
Nicur:
make Una see reason ooh grin anyway I no even wan argue but if Apc like make dem dey cook up figures upandan!! and kontinu with their useless propaganda, make dem no tell us say NIGERIA IS BROKE! cos na money be this so!!

Lol you obviously dont know what's called baiting
They're encouraging them to come forward and give back stolen money. In the end, they will still announce those names but right now, they're rubbing their backs

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by onatisi(m): 8:57am On Jun 05, 2016
Good move by the FG . They would have created more problems if they had gone ahead to give out names.
Once again thumbs up to the FG

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Paperwhite(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2016
Silly people in government. Government of lies by liars & for the gullibles.Believe this set of jokers at your own peril.Of course the international community have no iota of respect for us because of these moronic people we have as leaders.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Paperwhite(m): 9:03am On Jun 05, 2016
Don't bother about that sis.Pls move on with your life as there is more to it than all these things.Good morning & happy Lord's day dear.
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by MartinsIfeco1(m): 9:03am On Jun 05, 2016
Nicur:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/recovered-loot-n78billion-185million-3million/
See money wey Ifeanyi cannot pronounce oooo,this one seems like Ameodo Avogadro's number which brougt about Avogadro's concept mole concept.
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by dongeorgio: 9:04am On Jun 05, 2016
Ok! Can invoke my freedom of information right to know who the "thieves of state "are?
Me thinks that after all said and done it still relevant that we figure out a way to discourage future stealing from our "commonwealth".A form name and shame with dire consequences should be entrenched in our polity to discourage anyone with such intention.infact cut off the person forever from profiteering from government patronage as well as in the private realm.something must have to go for it.It just shouldn't be a walk in the park for looters of public treasury anymore.I rest my case
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by MartinsIfeco1(m): 9:08am On Jun 05, 2016
ogawisdom:
Not naming d looters is corruption in itself BC u dnt shield a criminal angry

APC looters r being protected from shame I guess

D naming and shaming of looters help to deter others n break d circle else ppl will continue to loot n if caught they return d loot n walk free. Looters caught shld b known, shamed, stigmatized, banned from public office n prosecuted. Olodo buhari
Guy it's a lie if it's tell me will this recovered money make the price of rice to go down eeeeeem nwanne?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Rivers State Today (Photos) / Twitter Community Amazed By Bukola Saraki’s Interaction With Young Professionals / Jonathan, Northern Governors In Closed-door Meeting At Obasanjo’s Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.