Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency (41552 Views)

Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot / "FG Did Not Swap Boko Haram Prisoners For The 21 Chibok Girls" - Lai Mohammed / Recovered Loot: Why Buhari Won’t Disclose Amount – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by piagetskinner(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
This is the only sensible statement I picked out of the whole article

“If you listen to the mob you will just end up in the ditch.
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Tarzaa(m): 5:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
All we want is the money and not names...
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by greatman247(m): 5:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
delexy123:

So in summary of what you've just said is that looters should go scot free and live like king so far they return some of the loot? how does this serves as deterrent to other potential looters? Also it literally means anyone can steal and only need to return some if caught? I see most of these loots being recovered as stealthy bribes by looters just to keep the government eye off them. By the way, how as those recovered funds personally help the average Nigerian since independent?

You absolutely right though. I use to think like this before. But what I really think now, is that those corrupt elements that have decided not to return their loots and those that EFCC have taken to court, EFCC should see to their prosecution, while those who voluntarily return their loots should be encourage to continue. To see to the prosecution of those that refused to return their loots will take time, during this period govt should not release the name of those returning the loots now so that this process should not put to stop, so that others should be encourage to return more loots. By the time efcc must have done with those that have failed to return their loots then govt should release the names of those that have returned the loots, as a shocker. What I'm saying is govt should deceived these fools, because these people have also taking us all for granted and deceived Nigerians in the past by syphoning our common wealth. So there's nothing bad if govt deceive them as well. Govt should not release their names now so that it will encourage more people to return more loots. They should eventually be punished to serve as deterrent for the rest in position of power to think twice before stealing from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by rlauncher(m): 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nicur:
Let's be honest here, so what proof does FG have that they really recovered the loot? do we believe them like that as we all know the reputation of this Government and with lie sorry Lai Mohammed involved? how do we know they are not making things up knowing that this Government still behaves like it's campaigning? did Buhari not say that he will name the looters? So if I steal and return am a free man and no crime committed?
*modified* to all those who have quoted me trying to justify all these stupid reasons, I have one question for una, NA TODAY GOVERNMENT BEGIN TO LIE TO US? WHERE IS THE PROOF ABI MAKE WE JUST DEY BELIEVE THEM DEY GO? LIKE HOW UNA TAKE BELIEVE APC'S CAMPAIGN PROMISES? PLEASE WE ARE NOT ALL ZOMBIES LIKE UNA, WE CAN STILL THINK!!
Nicur:
Let's be honest here, so what proof does FG have that they really recovered the loot? do we believe them like that as we all know the reputation of this Government and with lie sorry Lai Mohammed involved? how do we know they are not making things up knowing that this Government still behaves like it's campaigning? did Buhari not say that he will name the looters? So if I steal and return am a free man and no crime committed?
*modified* to all those who have quoted me trying to justify all these stupid reasons, I have one question for una, NA TODAY GOVERNMENT BEGIN TO LIE TO US? WHERE IS THE PROOF ABI MAKE WE JUST DEY BELIEVE THEM DEY GO? LIKE HOW UNA TAKE BELIEVE APC'S CAMPAIGN PROMISES? PLEASE WE ARE NOT ALL ZOMBIES LIKE UNA, WE CAN STILL THINK!!
Nicur:
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by kizzle4eva(m): 6:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
From the interim forfeiture adding everthing equals abt 4trillion+ in Naira(126billion naira+9billion pounds+2billion euros) .
What was the total of the 2016 budget?
When something looks too good to be true... Chances are that it truely is too good to be true.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by Ifebazz(m): 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
Cock & bull story. Who are the 'givees' since the 'takees' are not guilty?
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by tbams007: 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
teemanbastos:
dnt let us gloss about the recovery.
We want to see the effect on the economy and projects
Good point.
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by berrystunn(m): 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
rottennaija:

At least, it has been recovered from the first looters.

The 2ND looter... With bad economy team and hardship
Re: Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency by rottennaija(m): 8:37am On Jun 06, 2016
berrystunn:

Set up plans to loot from looters

It's call fantastically corrupt

You wish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Opposition Is Not Madness— Reno Tells Man Who Said He Heard Buhari Is Dead / Obasanjo Ota Farm Staff Had Been On Government Payroll - Facebook User / Twitter Community Amazed By Bukola Saraki’s Interaction With Young Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.