Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,064 members, 7,956,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. (12936 Views)

Poll: Are u interested in NL Lagos Members Bash?

yes: 67% (41 votes)
No: 14% (9 votes)
Indiferent: 18% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Top List Of Romancelanders Whom Deliberately Bash Girls.( by man of list) / Nairaland Members You've Met Or Would Like To Meet / Two New Rules For Active Nairaland Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kinzolic(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2006
@woleprof i neva c ur breaklight o wetin happen

Emmyz:

Hosting a bash for the xmas period sound impossible to many, well just want to let u know that am thinkin of hosting Ipaja area bash for nairaland memeber too. This one is real, so if u're in just holla back.

R u hosting guys in ipaja only or wht?
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by bioye(m): 10:00am On Dec 21, 2006
too bad how the meeting went however, i see it as a partial success because I don't think Nairaland users have ever met for a party plan before - more like glass half full. so, let's take the next steps.

i am down 100%. though I missed this thread because of the unseriousness of previous attempts.

Jammin has some ideas we can work on - networking, branding. we need to exchange yahoo ids and gsm numbers over time. So we have given up on december, right? Should we start planning towards Easter? And the Poll responses have been dismal so far.

I tell you - a lot of people are interested but are twice shy because of previous failed attempts. For starters, we need to unite all the Let's Have A Party Threads

To cut the long story short, I'm down 100% for logistics and planning.
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2006
@christiana, Bioye
The party has not failed, let us not put up this defeatist attitude. At least people came to the party is a pointer to the fact that all hope is not lost then. The success of that meeting was supposed to be hinged on the following
*Seun's assistaance by posting the IV on the Home page of NL site
*Abolition of the communication gap which existed by exchanging Phone numbers
*A conspicuous banner to depict NL members meeting at the venue
* Seriousness in terms of the members
Considering the above, we are presently re-strategizing for the next meeting. Like it or not this Party must come to fruition
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2006
RE: NAIRALANDERS BASH
INTERESTED FOR THE NAIRALANDERS' BASH? THEN POST YOUR NUMBER AND NAME BELOW. WE WILL CONTACT YOU FOR A MEETING ASAP.

MY TEACHER TOLD ME THAT THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD; THOSE THAT ACTUALLY DO THE WORK AND THOSE THAT TAKE THE GLORY. IT IS BETTER TO BELONG TO THE FORMER.
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Seun(m): 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2006
If you're organizing a Christmas party in your name, I can support it. But I cannot allow myself to be held liable for what I know little about if something goes wrong, which is why I won't let you call it a "Nairaland party".
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by ronnieslimz(f): 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2006
hmnn, now i understand. . .

but, does that matter
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2006
@ Seun
Why are you getting apprehensive over nothing? Yes, you may be the owner of Nairaland but you alone can't make it work, you require people like us. Your reply is coming on the heel of a failed attempt to organize a meeting to that effect. If you had communicated your reservations much earlier, it would have given us a leverage towards the accomplishment of our goal.
However, while I share in your trepidation as a person, a different approach is now considered towards the materialization of this goal, we are assured of the fact that your positive contribution, ideas, advice and suggestions would be a terrific strength to keep us on the right track.
Futhermore, while I await your response, accept the renewed assurances of my highest considerations and regards.
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2006
@ Ronnie-Slimz
Yes, we need the numbers and names to contact you for the meeting before the party. Our inability to get this numbers was one of the reasons for the botched meeting.
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2006
Guys, don't you know when to give up?? This is rather nauseating! Drop my yahoo id and no on the www?? Hell to the blazing No!! Even when Seun true to style had clearly stated his stand??
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by wormedup(m): 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by bioye(m): 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2006
@Seun, In other words, hold the party but call it another name. No biggie.
@Kitaun, In other words, you are no more interested. Too bad. But you don't need to discourage whoever still is.

Meanwhile, I don't subscribe to the compulsory posting of email and numbers here. There are better ways of going about it.
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by jaybaby(f): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2006
I Feel it's already late-lets jus drop it. we can still plan a get2gether sm oda tym !
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2006
Bioye, dont get it twisted, am a principled soul, posting here never meant i was interested but rather trying to make my friends lyk wormed, woleprof and co see the futility of it all, dragging Seun into it from the onset was never going to solve jacks#@t u know?
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by jammin(m): 4:45am On Dec 22, 2006
woleprof:

For all those praying for a get together bash of Nairaland members in lag your prayer is about to be answered.

Is'nt he the greatest cheesy comes and tell us our prayers are to be answered, yet delivers[b] NOTHING!![/b] cheesy cheesy
And where is he now so embarrassed that he hides in shame?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
well at least he has clearly demonstrated that he is no management material cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by wormedup(m): 6:25am On Dec 22, 2006
@kitaun,
nobody was dragging seun into anything bro cool

@jammin,
if u have nothing else to do than yap, then tape ur lips shut.
something else, stop smoking. it's messing u all up.

cool
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 8:10am On Dec 22, 2006
Leave Jammin to his weed, thats his way, its obvious he has scores to settle with Woleprof even though i got bigger scores to be settled with him in the next few days, lol
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 22, 2006
@ Kitaun
Nobody is forcing you to drop your numbers and email ID, it's optional. I want to reiterate that I don't believe in crowd. A few persons can take up the responsibilities of a crowd and do what is befitting. I have been able to get 6 names and numbers through text messages yesterday, that is just the extent of seriousness. Rather than waste your time ruminating on issues you know next to nothing about why not just try something else?
@ Jammin
  Some things are better not said to conceal our unawareness. I think what you are displaying is a direct offshoot of your immediate enviroment. We all know what Kingston - Jamaica is reputed for!
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 22, 2006
@ Bioye
If you can't find the previous number, then send your numbers and name to 08023855958
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 10:59am On Dec 22, 2006
Shouldnt i see your last post as an insult on my person? Later they will say Kitaun is too caustic in nature!! do you know the meaning of White Elephant project at all?
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2006
@ Kitaun
sure you weren't referring to me? Right?
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by ronnieslimz(f): 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2006
take am easy oo efi pelepele so di ija!!
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2006
Fynewaka, who else could i be referring to? Why are u going on about this issue as if it was anchored on personal aggrandizement, if u believe in dropping ur no on d net anyhow God help u, i ono about dat,when u fail to concede when its ur downtime, u might not be opportuned to experience elevation cos u would just continue looking 4 what is not lost, this is a failed project, take it or grab it, look 4ward just lyk my darling jaywoman said and maybe, just maybe Easter may work out, do you know Nairalanders in their different ways are hooking up 4 this period? I can give u names of certain peeps doing that without blowing zilch open. For ex-candle(pardon my baba suwe english) i know for shizzle i would be seeing up to 10 of the hottest nairalanders in the next few days, must it be a bash? I say No!!
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2006
@ Kitaun
I have realised you have a severe psychological problem and you need help. People like you typically think in a biased, negative way. They have negative views of theselves (e.g. `I'm no good'), the world (e.g. `Life has no meaning') and the future (e.g ‘the party will not hold)
Negative thoughts like these have several characteristics. They are:
automatic
they just pop into your head without any effort on your part;
distorted
they do not fit all of the facts;
unhelpful
they keep you depressed, make it difficult to change, and stop you from getting what you want out of life;
plausible
you accept them as facts, and it does not occur to you to question them;
involuntary
you do not choose to have them, and they can be very difficult to switch off.
Thoughts like these can trap you in a vicious circle. The more depressed you become, the more negative thoughts you have, and the more you believe them. The more negative thoughts you have, and the more you believe them, the more depressed you become. The main goal of cognitive therapy is to help you to break out of this vicious circle.
I strongly recommend counseling because I have discovered you have a very low self esteem.
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 22, 2006
@ Kitaun
Some of us are realist, we stimulate our environments, we don't wait for people to do it for us. I am an adult and I take responsibility for my actions and inactions, you may be calling the bash a failed project wow! how wrong are you. Nobody wants you to part with your money why the heck are you scared? why not just concede like Seun did that you are not a party person?
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2006
@ Kitaun

LESSON ONE

The remarks of others (like Kitaun) can harm us through our thoughts—but only to the extent our thoughts allow them to. So think positive. Talk positive. Read positive quotable quotes of great people. Surround yourself with posters and cards bearing positive messages. Keep them on your table. Hang them on the walls. Paste them near the bathroom mirror and on the doors. Stick them on your watchstrap. Keep them on the refrigerator. Have them on the dashboard of the car. Slip them under the glass of the table in front of you. Slide them in the inner side of the briefcase you carry. Find other suitable places where you are bound to look at them every day.

Use them appropriately in response to specific negative thoughts. The replacing thought must be positive in every sense. Apart from being inspiring and assuring, it should also be suggestive. For example, if you confront a negative thought, "I can never succeed", it will not suffice if you replace it with "Sun! Attack! I can succeed". This kind of replacement may not be effective, for it sounds like wishful thinking and lacks assurance, depth and penetrating certainty. It is better to break your replacing thought down into more definite and specific steps or instructions.

The replacing thought in this case may be: "I can succeed. By earlier failures I have become rich in experience and have come to know specific areas that require special attention. I will jot them down and systematically think of the ways in which I can improve. I shall plan. And then stick to it. There is absolutely no reason why I should not succeed. I will assess, plan, execute, monitor, modify and carryon with the plan, and finally succeed. In fact, I think that success has already been achieved and only time separates my thought of success and its transformation into reality. I am committing myself to all that is required to achieve success. I am a river that knows no obstacles. I shall find my way anyhow—and if there is none I shall make one."
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2006
Hahahahaha!! Oh my ways! A retarded bucaneer preaching positivity to someone he should shut up and listen to? Did u have to copy and paste those lines because of my views which is widely supported across board, BTW u are still an insecure young man that needs to learn not just yapping bulls@#t across board, the other organizers like wormy and woleprof and I word from tyme 2 tyme and i remember u sent me IMs last week so why self-service yourself silly over a party, na by force?? Lets just say am in the best of mood today or else . . .
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kinzolic(m): 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2006
If u r guys r gnna keep on insulting each other why don't u open a new thread 4 dat.
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2006
No one is insulting here dude! There's a message to all and sundry in the posts, lol
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by jammin(m): 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2006
@ kitaun. back off. let me enjoy my moment in peace. you know wat am talking about grin
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by kitaun(m): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2006
Ok, its all good man. . . . undecided cool
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by jammin(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2006
hahahahahaha cheesy grin wink
Re: Back To Our Root - Nairaland Members Bash In Lagos. by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 23, 2006
@ Kitaun
What are your worries about a persons right to association? Have you ever been confined to a psychiatric home? I think you are displaying those traits here. Man, stop selling out yourself that cheaply. You seem to love the word 'retarded', you need better negative adjectives rather than this hackneyed retarded. I can see you are short of vocabs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Explaining What Is FUEL SUBSIDY To The Lay Man.. / Eight Students Killed In Ewekoro Accident / How To Post Video On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.