Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. (43707 Views)

"My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge / “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out / A False Prophecy Forced Us To Marry, Now I Want A Divorce – Man Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by latinoKingdom(m): 12:45am On Jun 07, 2016
Fiwasayo:
grin As hilarious as this may seem,and as much as I hate to agree with op sad it kinda makes sense to me smiley
wow see beauty
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Toks2008(m): 1:03am On Jun 07, 2016
mztubsy:
like seriously OP!!! no offence but pleaseeeeee........be original.you got this from the movie"DIVORCE INVITATION".everything you listed there was word for word in the movie. movie lovers wud get the memo....like I said no offence.

lol in all honesty I don't even know such film exists....I just have this crazy creative freelance writing skills.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Toks2008(m): 1:10am On Jun 07, 2016
Princewell2012:

Op this is the most sensible post or comments i have ever read this year.

Infact am short of words. When i show my wife this ur comment, come and see the she was shouting for excitement.

Yes, since you gathered people as a witness you should know how to gathered those people for a divorce or separation.

God bless you sir.

Lol..Amen bro
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Decryptor(m): 1:14am On Jun 07, 2016
JoeCutie:
I agree with you, Op, but there's one very important condition that'd make lots of sense if included in that list.

* If the man met the woman a virgin (or vice versa), and eventually deflowered her, for the divorce to be successfully effected, he must undo what he did. He must seal her back to being a virgin. cheesy cheesy cheesy How will you deflower me and divorce me on top? Is it how you use to do? angry You must seal me back oh
. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

No problem. As long as she discharges all the semen I ejaculated into her while the marraige lasted. I must have my semen back oh! #BringBackMySemen #BBMS angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by piagetskinner(m): 2:10am On Jun 07, 2016
God hates divorce
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by adimsmt: 4:35am On Jun 07, 2016
Toks2008:
Everyday we see couples getting joined together in holy matrimony.We have seen countless pre-wedding pictures and often times many travel to different choice countries to have their wedding ceremony.Lots of money is expended and the glamor of solemnization can not be over emphasized.

But ironically,if the two divorce,it is done with such levity and many people who witnessed the joining together will hardly know the same couple are no longer together and i tend to wonder how unfair it is that so much noise was made when the wedding was one but if they choose to go separate ways,it is never done with same funfair.

Lets think about it,I believe if Governments across the globe makes a constitution that guides marital dissolution, we just might see some sanity coming into the institution and many will think twice before embarking on the marriage or divorce.

The following conditions will make lots of sense.

1.That a government official will supervise the spending on a wedding ceremony and ensures that same amount is spent on the divorce.

2.That all expenses must be shouldered by the erring partner or the faulty partner risks 20 years in prison.

3.Divorce invitation cards must be printed and served to guests and equal number of invitees present at the wedding must be present for the divorce and the divorce ceremony must hold in the same venue used for the wedding ceremony.

4.Divorce cake must be made.

5.Same Musical band must be invited and foods and drinks adequately served.

6.Every other details involved in the joining together must be present in the dissolution process.

If this measure is put in place guess there will be sanity in marriages and maximum respect will be accorded to this great and sacred institution created by GOD.

I hope this makes sense.

In as much you want to lower the numbers, it will increase the murder rates among couples.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by fweshlee(m): 5:06am On Jun 07, 2016
Titanium38:
Sounds like a movie I watched.. it was hilarious grin
M sure it isn't Nollywood
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by macrayhonest(m): 5:34am On Jun 07, 2016
Toks2008:
Everyday we see couples getting joined together in holy matrimony.We have seen countless pre-wedding pictures and often times many travel to different choice countries to have their wedding ceremony.Lots of money is expended and the glamor of solemnization can not be over emphasized.

But ironically,if the two divorce,it is done with such levity and many people who witnessed the joining together will hardly know the same couple are no longer together and i tend to wonder how unfair it is that so much noise was made when the wedding was one but if they choose to go separate ways,it is never done with same funfair.

Lets think about it,I believe if Governments across the globe makes a constitution that guides marital dissolution, we just might see some sanity coming into the institution and many will think twice before embarking on the marriage or divorce.

1.That a government official will supervise the spending on a wedding ceremony and ensures that same amount is spent on the divorce.

2.That all expenses must be shouldered by the erring partner or the faulty partner risks 20 years in prison.

3.Divorce invitation cards must be printed and served to guests and equal number of invitees present at the wedding must be present for the divorce and the divorce ceremony must hold in the same venue used for the wedding ceremony.

6.Every other details involved in the joining together must be present in the dissolution process.

If this measure is put in place guess there will be sanity in marriages and maximum respect will be accorded to this great and sacred institution created by GOD.

I hope this makes sense.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Rockmyworld(m): 6:20am On Jun 07, 2016
Toks2008:

I hope this makes sense.
I almost agree with you but this is not always the case of many broken home.
What you fail to understand is that 20% of divorce cases are agreed upon by both parties. But what usually happen that many home break these days is as a result of one partner getting tired of the other. It's never the will of both parties. one wish to leave and the other wish to stay. But because there is no compromise they result to leaving each other. It's an unfortunate situation, I believe only few cases would both agree to separate. Hence coming together to have a divorce ceremony is not possible. Thanks
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Localamos(m): 6:46am On Jun 07, 2016
Na pickin dey worry you. Wetin God talk concreting marriage and divorce?

You think there is always am erring partner to every marital crisis?

Have you been involved in a failed marriage?

Pickin no know herbs he dey call am vegetable leaf.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by masseratti: 6:46am On Jun 07, 2016
greatgod2012:
Lol........

Very funny!

op, most marriages that ends with divorce are usually embittered. It is out of that bitterness that makes one to prefer walking away or the two agreeing to go their separate ways.

Many people who got divorced do not really wish they're divorcée, they probably can't take it again, they've been probably pushed to the wall, hence, their resort to separation/divorce.

90% of divorcee are not happy being divorced, but they take consolation in "being divorced is better than being dead", hence, their choice.

Now, that being said, if the measures you put up there are to be adopted, first remember that no one actually loves to celebrate failure, unhappiness, unfulfillment. No one will want people to know that he/she has failed in that area, no one will want to spend money on what do not make them happy.

However, as you have opined, if the govt should make such laws as you have recommended, it may truly bring sanity to the marital institution, but not totally, because some people after being totally fed up with the marriage, will instead kill himself, or the spouse or both than celebrating divorce.

In a nutshell, if govt should put up these measures, there will be so many horrible stories of spouses killing themselves.

My own suggestion............ if your marriage is or has become life-threatening, simply walk out before it is too late. It is only when one is alive that such can remain married.
May God help us.
finally someone with brain.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Localamos(m): 6:55am On Jun 07, 2016
Rockmyworld:
I almost agree with you but this is not always the case of many broken home.
What you fail to understand is that 20% of divorce cases are agreed upon by both parties. But what usually happen that many home break these days is as a result of one partner getting tired of the other. It's never the will of both parties. one wish to leave and the other wish to stay. But because there is no compromise they result to leaving each other. It's an unfortunate situation, I believe only few cases would both agree to separate. Hence coming together to have a divorce ceremony is not possible. Thanks

I almost agree with you, but where did you get your statistics from?
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by BabaO2: 6:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Toks2008:

I hope this makes sense.
What a trash and nauseating thinking. So you are still imagining TillBliz abi wetin nna dey call am and that fine girl Tiwa salvage to still be together
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by menxer: 7:31am On Jun 07, 2016
the marriage pledge should be amended to include "...till divorce or death do us part, whichever that comes first"
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Toks2008(m): 7:40am On Jun 07, 2016
menxer:

the marriage pledge should be amended to include "...till divorce or death do us part, whichever that comes first"

So true

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by coldcandy: 8:34am On Jun 07, 2016
Toks2008:

Are you former Miss OlaToke Makinwa?
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Rockmyworld(m): 9:00am On Jun 07, 2016
Localamos:

I almost agree with you, but where did you get your statistics from?
Common it's what we see daily. People tends to either fall out of love or get tired of a particular situation. And most cases one partner would want out why the other would want to continue. And when there is going to be more problem staying together, one tends to leave the other. Definitely one of the partner would be heart broken. But there are also few cases where both parties would agree that they're not good for each other and hence need for separation. Just few agree together for divorce. Those few are the ones that can celebrate.

But when you Also restrict someone from leaving his or her marriage then, you'll cause more harm than good. Many people pretend to be who they're not before marriage and if you don't have freedom to move forward. Then you're dead. We hear cases of domestic violence every day and cases of abuses. I'll never advice anyone to stay in an abused marriage never. Your life is more precious than that. Such union is meant to make you happy not sad and sorrowful. Please let's love genuinely

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 07, 2016
keryj:
u even crack me up more than the op write up
Kikikikiki

But I am serious. cheesygrin
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 07, 2016
fweshlee:

M sure it isn't Nollywood

definitely not! Its Hollywood . cant remember the name now.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by jayriginal: 9:43am On Jun 07, 2016
Just six days into June and we already have a strong contender for the daftest thread of the month.

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Localamos(m): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2016
Rockmyworld:

Common it's what we see daily. People tends to either fall out of love or get tired of a particular situation. And most cases one partner would want out why the other would want to continue. And when there is going to be more problem staying together, one tends to leave the other. Definitely one of the partner would be heart broken. But there are also few cases where both parties would agree that they're not good for each other and hence need for separation. Just few agree together for divorce. Those few are the ones that can celebrate.

But when you Also restrict someone from leaving his or her marriage then, you'll cause more harm than good. Many people pretend to be who they're not before marriage and if you don't have freedom to move forward. Then you're dead. We hear cases of domestic violence every day and cases of abuses. I'll never advice anyone to stay in an abused marriage never. Your life is more precious than that. Such union is meant to make you happy not sad and sorrowful. Please let's love genuinely

O boy, when you say 20% of divorces is premised on mutual agreement, then you are claiming a FACT which you - or someone else - has researched. So for us to accept your credibility, you should support your claims.

Where did you get this your assertion?
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Localamos(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2016
jayriginal:
Just six days into June and we already have a strong contender for the daftest thread of the month.

Seconded.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Amajerry83(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2016
Na true o. If we all should apply this then divorce go hard. But people will die in silence because of the process involved in getting divorced.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2016
It's ridiculous to try to force two consenting adults together.

Divorce is not a biggie, welcome to 2016
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by wunmi590(m): 10:38am On Jun 07, 2016
Fiwasayo:
grin As hilarious as this may seem,and as much as I hate to agree with op sad it kinda makes sense to me smiley

Fiwasayo (use your attitude to make joy). what a beautiful name, hope to name one of my unborn daughter that name one day.
and lastly you are beautiful
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Bamz(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2016
JoeCutie:
I agree with you, Op, but there's one very important condition that'd make lots of sense if included in that list.

* If the man met the woman a virgin (or vice versa), and eventually deflowered her, for the divorce to be successfully effected, he must undo what he did. He must seal her back to being a virgin. cheesy cheesy cheesy How will you deflower me and divorce me on top? Is it how you use to do? angry You must seal me back oh
. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I can imagine Mercy Johnson acting this in a scene and screaming "JoeCutie, you must seal me back oh"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by JoeCutie(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2016
Bamz:

I can imagine Mercy Johnson acting this in a scene and screaming "JoeCutie, you must seal me back oh"
grin grin grin

"Dumebi, the deflowered virgin"

cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by JoeCutie(m): 11:40am On Jun 07, 2016
Decryptor:

No problem. As long as she discharges all the semen I ejaculated into her while the marraige lasted. I must have my semen back oh! #BringBackMySemen #BBMS angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by HaneefahRN(f): 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2016
JoeCutie:

. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

LMAO grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Toks2008(m): 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
BabaO2:

What a trash and nauseating thinking. So you are still imagining TillBliz abi wetin nna dey call am and that fine girl Tiwa salvage to still be together

Se ko si? Iba wa ni ara e
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Toks2008(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
jayriginal:

Work on your sense of humour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gifts For Mother In Law After Omugwo. / Husband Leaves Wife For Their Maid After 10 Years Of Marriage / Nigerian Pastor And His Wife Welcome Their First Child After 22 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.