Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. (43709 Views)

"My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge / “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out / A False Prophecy Forced Us To Marry, Now I Want A Divorce – Man Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Adeoba10(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
And u sure say inlaw no go spray acid or otapiapia instead of money on the bride to go.... grin
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by joeslimwize: 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
Very funny post.LWKMD
But come to think of it,marriage is Divine and should not b influenced by earthly laws. The bible had already pronounced a Divorcee as 'an adulterer' and as well one that marries or get married to one..
So my people, let the divine laws overule divine things and vice versa.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by PhweshyJ(f): 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
JoeCutie:
I agree with you, Op, but there's one very important condition that'd make lots of sense if included in that list.

* If the man met the woman a virgin, and eventually deflower her, for the divorce to be successfully effected, he must undo what he did. He must seal her back to being a virgin. cheesy cheesy cheesy How will you deflower me and divorce me on top? Is it how you use to do? angry You must seal me back oh
. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Your sense of humour is priceless. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by kenoz(m): 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by freshvine(f): 10:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
Toks2008:
Everyday we see couples getting joined together in holy matrimony.We have seen countless pre-wedding pictures and often times many travel to different choice countries to have their wedding ceremony.Lots of money is expended and the glamor of solemnization can not be over emphasized.

But ironically,if the two divorce,it is done with such levity and many people who witnessed the joining together will hardly know the same couple are no longer together and i tend to wonder how unfair it is that so much noise was made when the wedding was one but if they choose to go separate ways,it is never done with same funfair.

Lets think about it,I believe if Governments across the globe makes a constitution that guides marital dissolution, we just might see some sanity coming into the institution and many will think twice before embarking on the marriage or divorce.

The following conditions will make lots of sense.

1.That a government official will supervise the spending on a wedding ceremony and ensures that same amount is spent on the divorce.

2.That all expenses must be shouldered by the erring partner or the faulty partner risks 20 years in prison.

3.Divorce invitation cards must be printed and served to guests and equal number of invitees present at the wedding must be present for the divorce and the divorce ceremony must hold in the same venue used for the wedding ceremony.

4.Divorce cake must be made.

5.Same Musical band must be invited and foods and drinks adequately served.

6.Every other details involved in the joining together must be present in the dissolution process.

If this measure is put in place guess there will be sanity in marriages and maximum respect will be accorded to this great and sacred institution created by GOD.

I hope this makes sense.

Couples will resort to poisoning themselves just to avoid these rigorous process.

For example, if freshvine is tired with Toks2008, I'll get a capsule of cyanide to bypass the divorce process
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by JoeCutie(m): 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
Joice21:
Lol.Humourous!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by mztubsy(f): 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
like seriously OP!!! no offence but pleaseeeeee........be original.you got this from the movie"DIVORCE INVITATION".everything you listed there was word for word in the movie. movie lovers wud get the memo....like I said no offence.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by JoeCutie(m): 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
PhweshyJ:
Your sense of humour is priceless. cheesy
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by colgaddafi(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fiwasayo:
grin As hilarious as this may seem,and as much as I hate to agree with op sad it kinda makes sense to me smiley

u r damn pretty...hmm.. listening to a sky full stars by coldplay nd hypnotised by ur picture.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by JoeCutie(m): 10:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
mztubsy:
like seriously OP!!! no offence but pleaseeeeee........be original.you got this from the movie"DIVORCE INVITATION".everything you listed there was word for word in the movie. movie lovers wud get the memo....like I said no offence.
Movie lover! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by keryj(f): 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
Mindfulness:
There will be more ceremonies involving food, music and a cake? grin
Sign the freakish bill! I love parties. grincheesy

Toks2008 for Presdient! gringrin
u even crack me up more than the op write up
Kikikikiki

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by damilareoye: 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2016
cheesy

The invitation card will look like..

"The family of Pa Ojugo and Mr kwix wish to invite you to the somber dissolution of their children "

cheesy cheesy

Truthfully, most won't push the divorce any further.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by samsam2019: 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
You spend money to buy a car you like and if the car starts giving you problem do you still pay to have it abandoned or sold?

Nonsense
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by samsam2019: 11:06pm On Jun 06, 2016
In western countries like us and uk peopel go through very costly divorce that cost both the man and woman a lot in legal bills and add to the aliomony, spousal support and child support.

Divorce in western countries is far more expensive than the wedding and still divorce is still soaring there as ever
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by obontami: 11:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
Toks2008:
Everyday we see couples getting joined together in holy matrimony.We have seen countless pre-wedding pictures and often times many travel to different choice countries to have their wedding ceremony.Lots of money is expended and the glamor of solemnization can not be over emphasized.

But ironically,if the two divorce,it is done with such levity and many people who witnessed the joining together will hardly know the same couple are no longer together and i tend to wonder how unfair it is that so much noise was made when the wedding was one but if they choose to go separate ways,it is never done with same funfair.

Lets think about it,I believe if Governments across the globe makes a constitution that guides marital dissolution, we just might see some sanity coming into the institution and many will think twice before embarking on the marriage or divorce.

1.That a government official will supervise the spending on a wedding ceremony and ensures that same amount is spent on the divorce.

2.That all expenses must be shouldered by the erring partner or the faulty partner risks 20 years in prison.

3.Divorce invitation cards must be printed and served to guests and equal number of invitees present at the wedding must be present for the divorce and the divorce ceremony must hold in the same venue used for the wedding ceremony.

6.Every other details involved in the joining together must be present in the dissolution process.

If this measure is put in place guess there will be sanity in marriages and maximum respect will be accorded to this great and sacred institution created by GOD.

I hope this makes sense

This shit don't make any sense at all
This trash belongs to the bin
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by petkoffdrake2(m): 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
Meanwhile, check my signature
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by benitwater(m): 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
Toks2008:

I hope this makes sense.
seconded
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by olanshile2016(m): 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
funny,divorce ceremony
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by eyinjuege: 11:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
Any unhealthy relationship should be done away with. Getting a divorce in our present environ is hard enough, and maker it harder doesn't mean relationships will get better.
What I think should be addressed is the underlying cause of most divorce cases. How can these be prevented? How can couples be genuinely helped? Couples Therapy? The role of psychologists in Nigeria to help those struggling, anger management classes etc.

Making getting a divorce harder doesn't mean an abusive(physical, verbal, emotional) spouse will stop, but the abuse will only get worse.
It also doesn't guarantee children will be raised in healthy environments, which is the most important else the cycle of dysfunctional life only continues.

2 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by binarykid(m): 11:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
@OP I guess it was copied from the movie 'divorce invitation' except u omitted that all the guests that attended d wedding ceremony would also be invited for the divorce ceremony too.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Poseidon000: 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
JoeCutie:
I agree with you, Op, but there's one very important condition that'd make lots of sense if included in that list.

* If the man met the woman a virgin, and eventually deflower her, for the divorce to be successfully effected, he must undo what he did. He must seal her back to being a virgin. cheesy cheesy cheesy How will you deflower me and divorce me on top? Is it how you use to do? angry You must seal me back oh
. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
[size=13pt]
You see! Guys are responsible for making women feel like they're doing a guy a favour when they have sex.
Going by your egregious logic. Its also apt and paramount that women return all the sperm men waste on them(not forgetting his virginity too), cos women gain the most in sex.

If that ain't possible, then your logic is flawed and should be discarded in the nearest dustbin.
[/size]
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by theEYe21(f): 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
This is very senseless grin Op I think you've been in the dream for far too long. You need to wake up from wonderland to reality grin grin
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by JoeCutie(m): 11:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt]
You see! Guys are responsible for making women feel like they're doing a guy a favour when they have sex.
Going by your egregious logic. Its also apt and paramount that women return all the sperm men waste on them(not forgetting his virginity too), cos women gain the most in sex.

If that ain't possible, then your logic is flawed and should be discarded in the nearest dustbin.
[/size]
We are on the same page, brother. In fact, I hate with passion, what girls think sometimes, that they are doing us favours by having sex with us, when in actuality, we are the ones doing them favours because we are the ones that 'suffer' the most during sex.

But you see, brother, what I wrote up there could be vice versa. I'm sorry to have omitted putting it there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Poseidon000: 11:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
JoeCutie:
We are on the same page. In fact, I hate with passion, what girls think sometimes, that they are doing us a favour by having sex with them, when in actuality, we are the ones doing them favours because we are the ones that 'suffer' the most during sex.

But you see, brother, what I wrote up there could be vice versa. I'm sorry to have omitted putting it there
[size=13pt]
Ok, now I get.

Good you ain't one of those dummies making things hard for gggz, but your post is quite misleading tho(except it's for sarcasm).
[/size]
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
greatgod2012:
Lol........

Very funny!

op, most marriages that ends with divorce are usually embittered. It is out of that bitterness that makes one to prefer walking away or the two agreeing to go their separate ways.

Many people who got divorced do not really wish they're divorcée, they probably can't take it again, they've been probably pushed to the wall, hence, their resort to separation/divorce.

90% of divorcee are not happy being divorced, but they take consolation in "being divorced is better than being dead", hence, their choice.

Now, that being said, if the measures you put up there are to be adopted, first remember that no one actually loves to celebrate failure, unhappiness, unfulfillment. No one will want people to know that he/she has failed in that area, no one will want to spend money on what do not make them happy.

However, as you have opined, if the govt should make such laws as you have recommended, it may truly bring sanity to the marital institution, but not totally, because some people after being totally fed up with the marriage, will instead kill himself, or the spouse or both than celebrating divorce.

In a nutshell, if govt should put up these measures, there will be so many horrible stories of spouses killing themselves.

My own suggestion............ if your marriage is or has become life-threatening, simply walk out before it is too late. It is only when one is alive that such can remain married.
May God help us.

God bless you for this post ma.

Every couple goes into marriage wishing they can have the 'happy ever after' life...but sometimes things happen...and then it comes crashing like a pack of cards.

Divorce is humiliating and heart breaking but sh*t happens and you've got no other option.
better to be single and happy than be married and miserable...
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by JoeCutie(m): 11:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt]
Ok, now I get.

Good you ain't one of those dummies making things hards for gggz, but your post is quite misleading tho(except it's for sarcasm).
[/size]
Oh, don't be too literal about my post, bro, I was actually being sarcastic. Just for humour. smiley

2 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Poseidon000: 11:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
JoeCutie:
Oh, don't be too literal about my post, bro, I was actually being sarcastic. Just for humour. smiley
[size=13pt]
Oksmiley
[/size]

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Princewell2012(m): 12:15am On Jun 07, 2016
Toks2008:

I hope this makes sense.

Op this is the most sensible post or comments i have ever read this year.

Infact am short of words. When i show my wife this ur comment, come and see the she was shouting for excitement.

Yes, since you gathered people as a witness you should know how to gathered those people for a divorce or separation.

God bless you sir.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by njiasi30(f): 12:18am On Jun 07, 2016
Lol, so funny but marriage is nt a do or die affair. Do d needful, if u feel u can't take it anymore 2 avoid stories dat touches d heart. cheesy
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 07, 2016
Sounds like a movie I watched.. it was hilarious grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gifts For Mother In Law After Omugwo. / Husband Leaves Wife For Their Maid After 10 Years Of Marriage / Nigerian Pastor And His Wife Welcome Their First Child After 22 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.