Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,247 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

I Had A Fight With My Husband - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Had A Fight With My Husband (14143 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by bros1234(m): 12:35am On Aug 27, 2009
Hitting him back wasn't a wise choice. . .sorry I would have called the cops were I in that situation. . .screw what anyone says. . .he hit you once without even considering your baby. . .he would do it again!

This lady is not married so pls disregard her. She is still looking for miracle husband.

Dear Poster,

Let me first of all acknowledge the honesty in your story.

I am a woman like you, married for 4 years now. I presume you are a stubborn woman like me so I will put myself in your shoes.
The very first mistake you made in this matter was to have called him back when he made his way out. Men usually do this when they want to avoid beating their wives and you should have left him to go away and cool down. That would have saved the day. how do we train up people believing fighting is ok let alone beating?. i know we have some shameless insulting lunatics amongst our women but that is no excuse to beat up any woman.

Your second mistake is that you have accepted beating as part of your marriage. Otherwise, the very first time it happened should have been the last if you handled it very well. Once upon a time, in the heat of a quarrel, I dared my husband and he hit me just slightly. The first thing I did was to call his role models - his sister and his uncle and told them every thing. My husband couldnt believe I could go that far for a 'little' hit, he felt ashamed and sober. Its been almost a year now and I keep reminding him each time he asks me why I am less romantic these days.

Your third mistake is that you lack respect for your husband, otherwise you would not exchange words with him or hit him with a stick regardless. You husband seem to lack respect for you too, but let me tell you one truth, 'Respect demands respect'. Show some respect and you will most likely see a reciprocal.

Now my advise for you is try to be sure he is fine but dont let him know you are looking for him. it may be hard, but let him get over it himself. Call one of his close family members (just one trusted family memeber) and tell him/her the whole story. Then tell the police about his disappearance. Continue with your life. I hope you are working and can fend for yourself.

This is the best advise in this thread. Listen to it or you will soon be a single parent
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by davidif: 12:39am On Aug 27, 2009
The bible says that a soft answer calms an angry man. A lot of women need to learn this. When a man is not in a good mood, especially if he is very angry, don't say things that would make him lose his temper. I am sure the woman was yelling at her husband and being sassy with him. The bible does not approve of a contentious woman. Women should have the wisdom to study there husband's moods and know when he is in a happy one and when he is a joyous one, but a lot of woman don't care, they are just very, very contentious.

I am a woman like you, married for 4 years now. I presume you are a stubborn woman like me so I will put myself in your shoes.
The very first mistake you made in this matter was to have called him back when he made his way out. Men usually do this when they want to avoid beating their wives and you should have left him to go away and cool down. That would have saved the day.

Your second mistake is that you have accepted beating as part of your marriage. Otherwise, the very first time it happened should have been the last if you handled it very well. Once upon a time, in the heat of a quarrel, I dared my husband and he hit me just slightly. The first thing I did was to call his role models - his sister and his uncle and told them every thing. My husband couldnt believe I could go that far for a 'little' hit, he felt ashamed and sober. Its been almost a year now and I keep reminding him each time he asks me why I am less romantic these days.

Thank goodness, i no wan marry naija woman. I HATE STUBBORN PEOPLE.
The bible says in 1 Corinthians 13 that love keeps no record of wrongs.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by kellorah: 12:42am On Aug 27, 2009
"If he hit u once, he will most likely hit u again", and he did!! The fact that u were carrying ur baby didn't make him think twice either.

Don't condone his behaviour. Let him know you're not stupid, and u wont let him get away with it. I applaud u for hitting him with the stick, and not stabbing him. God knows, one of these days u just might!!

U shdnt put up with his attitude. He's not the only one who can get angry.

Ignore these people telling u to talk to him and bla bla bla, cos I'm sure uve done that.

Leave him a voice message and let him know that the next time he tries such rubbish u will call the cops. And pls, do call d cops if it happens again. Put that fear in him. The fear alone will (hopefully) stop him from hitting u next time.

[I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW SOMEONE CAN LOVE U AND HIT U, OR HOW U CAN SAY U LOVE SOMEONE AND PUT UP WITH THEIR RUBBISH, ESP DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. U WILL END UP SUFFERING FROM BATTERED WIFE SYNDROME, AND WHEN U EVENTUALLY SNAP, AND KILL HIM, U WILL GO TO PRISON!!]
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by deji2009(m): 12:51am On Aug 27, 2009
@poster to be honest with you nairaland is not the best place to get advice. best thing to do is to get advie from elders, as simple as that
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by kellorah: 1:08am On Aug 27, 2009
For all u knw her elders might think the same way some Nairalanders- with their heads not screwed on properly- think!!

One can get good advice on here. Thread starters just have to make sure they're able to sperate good from bad advice.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by Hauwa1: 1:09am On Aug 27, 2009
big deal abt saying something to make him more angry. if the wife called him back, was it with juju? he should have just kept going. he had the intention to beat her anyway.
no matter what a lady says to you, u have no right at all to lay ur hands on her!
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by Radiant(f): 1:34am On Aug 27, 2009
Lmao @ Kellorah

It's a shame that we always blame the woman for causing a fight. On the other hand it's even more shameful to know that some women condone battering and still feel loved? embarassed Sorry to say but some men are better off street dogs than husbands.

Madam love bird, the best thing for u and ur violator is for both of u to stop whatever causes fights and respect each other or shamefully end the marriage but pls violence should NEVER be embraced.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 27, 2009
Ok, the bible. . .

davidif:

The bible says that a soft answer calms an angry man. A lot of women need to learn this. When a man is not in a good mood, especially if he is very angry, don't say things that would make him lose his temper. I am sure the woman was yelling at her husband and being sassy with him. The bible does not approve of a contentious woman. Women should have the wisdom to study there husband's moods and know when he is in a happy one and when he is a joyous one, but a lot of woman don't care, they are just very, very contentious.

Thank goodness, i no wan marry naija woman. I HATE STUBBORN PEOPLE.
The bible says in 1 Corinthians 13 that love keeps no record of wrongs.

The bible also says be slow to anger. It also says "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth". Why when we talk about qualities like meekness, humility, and gentleness it becomes qualities that only the woman should comply by in a marriage whereas the bible tells us every one of us should apply these qualities.
Does God approve of a man being violent?
Would God bypass an angry violent man on judgment day because he was not in a good mood and unfortunately his wife yelled at him?
Take Adam for example when he was queried by God. The first thing he did was to put the blame on Eve. Didn't God lay curses on both of them? Was Adam exempt from punishment?

Please, try to be objective when you intend to use God in your argument.

THE BIBLE WAS NOT MADE FOR THE WOMAN ALONE!!!
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by finemocha(f): 2:31am On Aug 27, 2009
eiya, just pray that things get better, clearly u two are both under alot of stress
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by tems777: 3:22am On Aug 27, 2009
guys this is my take on this touching matter:
I am married for two years and I can feel what is happening. If you note how the poster presented the case, she was kind of conceding that she was the guilty party.
These things happen in a marriage and it has, unfortunately, happened to me before and it was really something similar, I tried to get out because I knew I was losing my temper but my hubby would not let me and BANG!. I adore my wife and we are really, really in love and I am very much a born-again christian but these things happen, no matter how disciplined you are, sometimes. Now I am 34 and I have NEVER HIT ANYBODY ELSE IN MY LIFE , so I definitely am not violent and I know a lot of people look up to me.

Now with all due respect to women, they can say things that would drive their husbands mad sometimes but notwithstanding men should still be men enough not to hit their wives.
but @poster, let calling the police be the last choice , in fact dont ever do it. it never really achieves anything good but it is guaranteed to bring bad things. Imagine if my wife called the police on me the time it happened to us? it would have destroyed all of us. But we wlked through it and we are even happier.
All the people talking about police,divorce etc are talking rubbish, what guarantees do you have that if for some reason you decide to let your husband go to jail and you separate you wont get a worse man? besides, I dont think this is a case of a bad guy. just that emotions were running high. he was even trying to run, same as me, I wasnt better than that guy but I have learnt more things now and I believe you have a very good husband.
The key to solving things are: 1. prayer and 2. talk extensively through it.
make a list of the things you are doing wrong (verbal / abusive nature might be one) and determine to change. stick it somewhere in your bedroom and get your husband to do the same. talk every end of the month to see how much progress you have made. Review things.
as per your husband having not returned home yet, please call him, go to his office and say sorry. Every man needs to feel like a king. Afterwards, he will make his own apology , then try my advice after this.

This worked for us, hope it would work for you. Besides, talk to his mother(assuming she is a supportive mum, mine always is supportive of my wife.) .
Another thing, never let a single lady, most especially these westernized ones advice you on marriage issue , I beg of you. Or else you will destroy the good thing God has created for you.
A word they say,
may the peace of GOD take control in your home. Amen
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:31am On Aug 27, 2009
stillwater:

Ok, the bible. . .

The bible also says be slow to anger. It also says "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth". Why when we talk about qualities like meekness, humility, and gentleness it becomes qualities that only the woman should comply by in a marriage whereas the bible tells us every one of us should apply these qualities.
Would God bypass an angry violent man on judgment day because he was not in a good mood and unfortunately his wife yelled at him?
Take Adam for example when he was queried by God. The first thing he did was to put the blame on Eve. Didn't God lay curses on both of them? Was Adam exempt from punishment?

why are you surprised? I'd love to see the person reply you though. Bet they wont/fail woefully
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by kellorah: 3:47am On Aug 27, 2009
@Tems,

In ur case u only hit ur wife once, but in Threader's case, it's happened more than once so far.

And wot makes u think being single makes one unfit to advice a married person?! Wot if the single person has witnessed such scenario? Or such things come up in their line of work What if the single person just happens to have more sense than u?? [Kinda reminds me of Nigerians who think they know it all, or are above being adviced just because the advice is coming from someone younger than them!]

@Threader, if u want to listen to ur fellow married NLs who have been victims or, have themselves been the perpetrators of such criminal act , and who are advising u to carry on being a punching bag to ur husband, just cos u hit him in self-defence, or cos u didn't let him cool off the way he wanted to ["Boohhooo, my wife should know that men like to cool off in this way", bla bla bla, ] then be my guest. Seat back and don't do anything about it (such as talking to him, or family members/friends whereby he refuses to listen, or seeing a marriage councellor). Good luck!

9ja mentality is something else!!
Cos u don't want to be a single mom, u'll endure.
Cos the bible frowns upon it, u'll endure.

Anyway, wot's my own? I'm not the one who has to cover my black eye with make-up the next day.

PEACE!
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:06am On Aug 27, 2009
bros1234:

This lady is not married so pls disregard her. She is still looking for miracle husband.

This is the best advise in this thread. Listen to it or you will soon be a single parent

LMfao. . .really? Am I? Well point of correction Mr Man! I do not fall into the category of women who think that being married defines their ultimate happiness. . .I'll rather stay unmarried than be someone's punching bag!

FYI am in my early 20s and not lacking suitors!  wink but I won't settle for less just because I wanna be married or stay married. . .hell Nah!  cool

I simply cannot stand or tolerate all these Nigerian women who say be patient, pray bla bla bla. . .pray for who? a man who beats a woman without considering a baby?

I come from a home where my dad never laid his hands on my mother for any reason at all. . .no matter what. . .so why should I tolerate it?

I feel women who think its ok for a man to beat them. . .must be use to such treatment and therefore see nothing wrong with that. . .

Let me tell you I have seen this up close and personal. . .My aunt was beaten to a pulp several times by her ex-husband. . .she carried it to the igbo community where she stays. . .what was the advice they gave her? to be a patient wife bla bla bla? WTF!

It was when she almost lost her twins and her own life after being beaten by this same man. . .she had to call the cops. . .everything was sorted out and she's doing far better now without the idiot in her life. . .

So puhleaseee. . .spare me all the bullshit. . .I believe if he hit you once. . .he'll do it again whether you provoke him or not. . .now you don't wait till your dead and gone before taking action!
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by na2day2(m): 5:47am On Aug 27, 2009
tamarack:

Please i need your help here,i was trying to get somewhere to narrate my ordeal
and i now found this place.I had a fight with my husband on thursday night,what
transpired btw us was that we had an argument and he opened the door to leave
the house around 10:30-11pm because that is what he always do anytime we have
misunderstanding and am not against it because he comes back before 9:30pm,but on
that thursday it was late to go out ,so when i heard door closed,i know he was leaving as
usual,so i opened the door and told him,he should come back that its late or i will lock the
door.i was holding our baby bc we have a 7month old baby inside the kitchen,all of a sudden,
he came over me and started beating me ,the baby had to fall down from my hand crying and
he didn't stop b4 i could gain my balance he had dashed off.So i waited for him to come back bc
that is what he does anytime our argument escalates to verbal words ,he would hit me and i have
been warning him bc we leave outside the country and if i dare report him to cops.so i waited for him to come back,so when he came back,i used i a stick and hit him back and warned him let today be first and last he would hit me.

So to cut the long story short he seized my stick and we started quarrelling ,he went outside to throw the
stick away,i locked him up unless he bring back my stick ,he smashed the glass and came inside ,that time am already in the bedroom,in the morning he parked all his bag and left us to work,he hasn't called or come home.Am all alone in this place bc we just relocated ,i dont have friends,his family has been calling but i told them he is at work.I have never called him or even ask of him in his place of work to make sure he is there,we love each other and he is not having an affair,i know that.And this is the first time this is happening.I dont know what to do,and i have a programme i will start next month.

very interesting, but why on earth did u try to stop him from leaving in the 1st place? late or not, u know his way of cooling off is to leave and go somewhere else but u decided to stop him, u sef like fight ooo. anywayz, u have to give him time to cool off and after things have improved, u both need to talk seriously, that part of him hitting u, with child or not is a big NO NO NO!
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by saydfact(m): 8:07am On Aug 27, 2009
its too early to talk too much, so i'll make it brief, U NO THE SAYING "WEN TWO ELEPHANTS FIGHT" have u ever tot of wat makes two elephants fight? i'll tell u, because each is not ready to submit to the other, so wen the quarrel is over, always learn to keep quite wen he talks or allow him to leave the house cos either way the arguments ends. lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by spikedcylinder: 9:13am On Aug 27, 2009
All these useless POVs sef.
If a man hits a woman, its because she provoked him. Why don't you try and hit Mike Tyson while at it? Or is this the first woman that will provoke you? Has your mother never provoked you? Why don't you hit her when she does?
Shior.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by saydfact(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2009
spikedcylinder:

All these useless POVs sef.
If a man hits a woman, its because she provoked him. Why don't you try and hit Mike Tyson while at it? Or is this the first woman that will provoke you? Has your mother never provoked you? Why don't you hit her when she does?
Shior.

the poor lady asked for an advise, what advise wld u say u just gave, any?? be real 4once. lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2009
tems777:

guys this is my take on this touching matter:
I am married for two years and I can feel what is happening. If you note how the poster presented the case, she was kind of conceding that she was the guilty party.
These things happen in a marriage and it has, unfortunately, happened to me before and it was really something similar, I tried to get out because I knew I was losing my temper but my hubby would not let me and BANG!. I adore my wife and we are really, really in love and I am very much a born-again christian but these things happen, no matter how disciplined you are, sometimes. Now I am 34 and I have NEVER HIT ANYBODY ELSE IN MY LIFE , so I definitely am not violent and I know a lot of people look up to me.

Now with all due respect to women, they can say things that would drive their husbands mad sometimes but notwithstanding men should still be men enough not to hit their wives.
but @poster, let calling the police be the last choice , in fact dont ever do it. it never really achieves anything good but it is guaranteed to bring bad things. Imagine if my wife called the police on me the time it happened to us? it would have destroyed all of us. But we wlked through it and we are even happier.
All the people talking about police,divorce etc are talking rubbish, what guarantees do you have that if for some reason you decide to let your husband go to jail and you separate you wont get a worse man? besides, I dont think this is a case of a bad guy. just that emotions were running high. he was even trying to run, same as me, I wasnt better than that guy but I have learnt more things now and I believe you have a very good husband.
The key to solving things are: 1. prayer and 2. talk extensively through it.
make a list of the things you are doing wrong (verbal / abusive nature might be one) and determine to change. stick it somewhere in your bedroom and get your husband to do the same. talk every end of the month to see how much progress you have made. Review things.
as per your husband having not returned home yet, please call him, go to his office and say sorry. Every man needs to feel like a king. Afterwards, he will make his own apology , then try my advice after this.

This worked for us, hope it would work for you. Besides, talk to his mother(assuming she is a supportive mum, mine always is supportive of my wife.) .
Another thing, never let a single lady, most especially these westernized ones advice you on marriage issue , I beg of you. Or else you will destroy the good thing God has created for you.
A word they say,
may the peace of GOD take control in your home. Amen
[/quote/]

Like it or not!! best advice so far
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by tems777: 10:43am On Aug 27, 2009
@Kellorah, i'm not one of those people who thinks a younger person  cannot advice them but marriage is a different animal dear.
marriage has a cocktail of emotions, love, communication and mis-communications, understanding and misunderstanding and someone that is always in your life, you have to experience it to know it .  It's far different from  a mother and son/daughter relationship which by the way one is always the adult and the other the child .
The reason why i said she should not rely on the advices of unmarried people is that there are things you just wont understand until you get married.Trust me. and don't think courtship is like marriage, it's not. while there might be some advices that very reasonable and clever single people can give, majority of them, most especially the ladies will let emotions and inexperience influence their advice. Look, some are saying call police, divorce bla bla bla. believe me these things should ever happen in very very rare and extreme cases.
someone said her aunt is doing better without her husband, well how did she know? she might have more money but doing better might not be the right word. let us all be more patient we people of this age and do away with these divorce this, police that attitude. It only ever makes things worse.
anyways God bless.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by adconline(m): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2009
Iwould like my sister to tell me that she hit her husband back when he first hit her. It's only a living and happy soul that can love. Don't wait to be killed b4 u call the cops
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by Shinatu: 11:51am On Aug 27, 2009
stillwater:

Ok, the bible. . .

"stillwater

God bless you for this contribution. It is as if our people have generally concluded that God could not have had a man in mind when He gave all those guidance on anger management and relationships.

The general belief among Nigerians is that a man can do anything he wants ,it is the woman that should learn how to live with it no matter what, that is their own interpretation of 'The husband is the head of the wife'!
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 27, 2009
It is always the young and single ones who scream and bark 'call the cops'.

While i do not condone anyform of physical violence especially in a married home i also do not think calling the security agents would do anything good for a/your marriage.

It is not in my place to tell you or any other married couple how to run their home but one thing i have come to realise is that  a man is less likely to lay a finger on you if do not stop him from getting out of an arguement which in this case is when you stopped him from leaving the house cos you thought it was too late.

When we were younger, my parents had arguements (not in our presence. But we always knew) but my dads way of managing the situation was to leave the house. Back then I always thought dad was never going to come back. But each time, he came back with a big smile on his face with some boxes of shoes from 'BATA'. Within a couple of hours my parents would be on there way out to somewhere i do not know.

I am not married and won't be for a few years at least. One thing i do know is marriage is not a bed of roses.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by spikedcylinder: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2009
say-d-fact:

the poor lady asked for an advise, what advise wld u say u just gave, any?? be real 4once. lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

Mr man, face the wall if you have nothing else to say, mmmk?
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
OMO IBO:

It is always the young and single ones who scream and bark 'call the cops'.

While i do not condone anyform of physical violence especially in a married home i also do not think calling the security agents would do anything good for a/your marriage.

It is not in my place to tell you or any other married couple how to run their home but one thing i have come to realise is that a man is less likely to lay a finger on you if do not stop him from getting out of an arguement which in this case is when you stopped him from leaving the house cos you thought it was too late.

When we were younger, my parents had arguements (not in our presence. But we always knew) but my dads way of managing the situation was to leave the house. Back then I always thought dad was never going to come back. But each time, he came back with a big smile on his face with some boxes of shoes from 'BATA'. Within a couple of hours my parents would be on there way out to somewhere i do not know.

I am not married and won't be for a few years at least. One thing i do know is marriage is not a bed of roses.

Tank you very much!!
I am still shocked at the 'call the cops' slogan.
What happens after?? u lose your husband or pretend that things are the same in the marriage. This is someone u love!
There are other ways to handle your marital issues, like someone said threaten him!! Make him feel bad, starve him of food, sex whatever but don't ever try to call the cops on any man!!
My bro-in-law's wife in Dublin called the cops on him because he wanted to send part of their child's benefit to another brother in need in Nigeria. As soon as the cops warned him and left, he took the child, packed his bags and left for London. She started pleading and begging him to come back. After a few weeks, he went back home and she has changed totally!! She was so scared the marriage was over

I am married and Marriage is not easy, things definately happen. The guy is not right but wisdom is needed to save your home. I am so close to my husband that the thought of him hurting me and then me calling the cops is so absurd. I have other ways to teach him a lesson that would make him sober!! How can the cops change him at the end of the day??
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by Iranoladun(f): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2009
@ Poster I pity your situation.

The first thing you need to do is to confirm the well being of your husband. So i advise call his colleague at work or his boss just to confirm he's been going to work and he's OK without revealing that you have a fight with him or the details of the fight.

If he's OK and is at work then, toe the path of reconciliation. However, if he's has not been to work since the fight then alert his friends, family and police immediately-he may be missing!

If he's OK. you'd need to be very intuitive. Who do you think can help you reach out to him and possibly bring him back home? His friend? family? your family? pastor?

Like Thiefofheart pointed out there is a serious lack of respect in your marriage. Your husband does not respect you and neither do you respect him.

If you succeeded in bringing your husband back home your reconciliation should start from doing a marriage retreat. yes, try to find out what usually give birth to/responsible for your quarrel/fight. The two of you will then need to agree on how to reconcile such issue and how to avoid getting to the point of hot words and going physical.

From your post i think you were very wrong to have hit your husband the next day with a stick just like he was wrong to have hit you under the circumstances.

Please be prayerful I wish you luck with your reconciliation.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
say-d-fact:

There's a difference between advice and advise.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by jaybee3(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

English teacher kedu grin
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by MrCrackles(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

LOL grin cheesy
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by touchmeder: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
Dear Poster,

Let me first of all acknowledge the honesty in your story.

The very first mistake you made in this matter was to have called him back when he made his way out. Men usually do this when they want to avoid beating their wives and you should have left him to go away and cool down. That would have saved the day. how do we train up people believing fighting is ok let alone beating?. i know we have some shameless insulting lunatics amongst our women but that is no excuse to beat up any woman.

Your third mistake is that you lack respect for your husband, otherwise you would not exchange words with him or hit him with a stick regardless. You husband seem to lack respect for you too, but let me tell you one truth, 'Respect demands respect'. Show some respect and you will most likely see a reciprocal.

Now my advise for you is try to be sure he is fine but dont let him know you are looking for him. it may be hard, but let him get over it himself. Call one of his close family members (just one trusted family memeber) and tell him/her the whole story. Then tell the police about his disappearance. Continue with your life. I hope you are working and can fend for yourself.

i was enjoying your post until i got to the part in bold. i think its wrong to still be acting that way after a year. just wrong someone said love keeps no record of wrong and that i think is correct too.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
How do u know he is not having an affair?
I will advice that you guys talk about it, you can call him and tell him you wanna talk and let him realize what he did that sets you off, however, like someone said, 2 wrongs dont make a right.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by tamarack: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2009
Thanks so much everybody.I called my elder sister who is married for 10yrs ,she advised me to call him.so i called his place of work initially he did not want to talk and off the phone ,then i called up to 3 times ,he said he will see me in the evening,so am planning not to talk today.later we will have a discussion ,everyone will talk where he/she hurts,i will also let his mother know of this incident,.once again thanks
Re: I Had A Fight With My Husband by tamarack: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
i mean his mother.bc if i keep quiet ,he will repeat it tommorrow,that was why i wanted it escalate soo big,so that he will know am serious,we will also look for couselling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano / Every Home Has That Smell Unique To It. What Smell Is Unique To Your Home? Pics / Help Find Missing Ayobami Jaiyeola!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.