Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God (11679 Views)

Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers / The Scientific And Empirical Proof That God Truly Exists / The Much Awaited Empirical Evidence!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by Iyineda(m): 12:49am On Feb 13, 2010
I am neither Christian nor Muslim, but i am convinced that logical reasoning can prove the existence of God.

I must admit, OP lost me with that sentence. "Logical reasoning can prove the existence of God". As far as I, an agnostic, is concerned, God is merely the representation of a supposedly superior being generated by Man.
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by vivaladiva(f): 5:14am On Feb 13, 2010
iyinade, i say this all the time, it is rather refreshing to hear this on a nigerian chat room, god is mearly a construct of man, if he wasnt then the proliferation of science and technology would not have lead to the demise of religion especially in countries like britain, it is easy to see that once u understand y rain falls n the science behind it, it ceases to be a mystery and thus people stop praying for rain to fall because u now understand that rain will only fall if the conditions necessary for rain to fall are present, this is a rather simple illustration not to prove or disprove the existence of god but rather to show that the reason "god" was so popular lets say 100 years ago in countries like the uk, was due to a lack of understanding of basic natural phenomenons

the proliferation of knowledge is the demise of superstition, in many ways god was born out of ignorance and wide spread superstition

1 Like

Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by DeepSight(m): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2010
Iyineda:

I must admit, OP lost me with that sentence. "Logical reasoning can prove the existence of God". As far as I, an agnostic, is concerned, God is merely the representation of a supposedly superior being generated by Man.

In terms of this thread GOD is defined as the FIRST CAUSE or PRIME MOVER.

Can you describe man as such?
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by Iyineda(m): 12:36pm On Feb 14, 2010
vivaladiva:

iyinade, i say this all the time, it is rather refreshing to hear this on a nigerian chat  room, god is mearly a construct of man, if he wasnt then the proliferation of science and technology would not have lead to the demise of religion especially in countries like britain, it is easy to see that once u understand y rain falls n the science behind it, it ceases to be a mystery and thus people stop praying for rain to fall because u now understand that rain will only fall if the conditions necessary for rain to fall are present, this is a rather simple illustration not to prove or disprove the existence of god but rather to show that the reason "god" was so popular lets say 100 years ago in countries like the uk, was due to a lack of understanding of basic natural phenomenons

the proliferation of knowledge is the demise of superstition, in many ways god was born out of ignorance and wide spread superstition

I think I'm falling in lo. . .  Oh wait, today's Valentine's day. No wonder! tongue

vivaladiva, I couldn't have come up with a better explanation about said topic. Kudos.

Deep Sight:

I'm not too sure I understand the question, but let me just say that "this thread" got it wrong because we are still yet to discover the very origin of the existence of life in general (not only on Earth mind you). So it's difficult to just throw out in the air that a superior being is what's responsible for all things in creation.

And no, I can't describe Man as such because before Man you had the dinosaurs! So even those animals could claim the title of "prime mover" before humanity could. ^_^
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by DeepSight(m): 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2010
^^^ Have you read the thought development set out in the earlier pages of this thread?
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by Iyineda(m): 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Have you read the thought development set out in the earlier pages of this thread?

No, I'm sorry I have not read all the comments posted on this thread. And that probably explains why I couldn't answer the question correctly. But I'm afraid reading said thought development won't bring a different answer from me. smiley
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by DeepSight(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2010
^^^ I am afraid i am unable to discuss the subject with you since -

1. You refuse to read the thought development and

2. You pre-conclude, without reading it, that reading it will not make a difference to you.
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by Iyineda(m): 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ I am afraid i am unable to discuss the subject with you since -

1. You refuse to read the thought development and

2. You pre-conclude, without reading it, that reading it will not make a difference to you.

Err, I never said I wanted to "discuss" anything with you. You are the one who first replied to my post which, btw, was directed to someone else. And it's not that I refuse to read the "thought development", it's just that I'm a little short on time and I'd rather read more interesting topics. No offense. smiley
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by blackcypha(m): 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
whether empirical or not, i belief the existence of god cannot be proved, or disproved beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by bawomolo(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

quick question, is this prime mover, jigi jigi, gbamu gbamu, bulldozer singular or plural?
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by DeepSight(m): 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
Bump! For Jayriginal and Plaeton to review. . . . . . .
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by jayriginal: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
Deep Sight:

Bump! For Jayriginal and Plaeton to review. . . . . . .
Lol Deep Sight. I did come across the thread some weeks ago and I read it. I dont remember if I got to the last page because the thread seemed to be derailed at some point.
I'm trying to write a paper, so going through 10 pages is a bit much at the moment. By monday though, I'll look at it again and let you know if I have an opinion.
Cheers.
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by gotizsata: 12:36am On Nov 25, 2011
god is satan
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by Mobinga: 1:30am On Dec 24, 2011
blackcypha:

whether empirical or not, i belief the existence of god cannot be proved, or disproved beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by girlking(f): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
0+1=1
only proves that the universe is God. Cos if one on this side is God, then when it moves to the other side of the equation it is S̤̥̈̊†̥̥ȋ̝̊̅̄ℓℓ God, except if it was acted upon by 0. in which case 0 is not nothing. Comprehend?
Re: Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God by Areaboy2(m): 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
girl king: 0+1=1
only proves that the universe is God. Cos if one on this side is God, then when it moves to the other side of the equation it is S̤̥̈̊†̥̥ȋ̝̊̅̄ℓℓ God, except if it was acted upon by 0. in which case 0 is not nothing. Comprehend?

huh? have u been drinking again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christians And Politics / Pastor Shola Adeoye: "A Man Who Can't Cook Is An Open Target For The Devil" / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.