Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816660 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RolandE(m): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2007
PLEASE ANY NEWS ABOUT WHEN OCEANIC CERTIFICATE WILL BE OUT?
COS I BOUGHT 155,000 SHARES. I,M DESPERATE AND WAITING TO GET MINE.
SINCE I,M BASED IN THE UK. SO I NEED TO MONITOR MY INVESTMENT.
THANKS N GOD BLESS U ALL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2007
Roland E:

PLEASE ANY NEWS ABOUT WHEN OCEANIC CERTIFICATE WILL BE OUT?
COS I BOUGHT 155,000 SHARES. I,M DESPERATE AND WAITING TO GET MINE.
SINCE I,M BASED IN THE UK. SO I NEED TO MONITOR MY INVESTMENT.
THANKS N GOD BLESS You ALL.
looks like the certs are out
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RolandE(m): 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2007
my stock broker told me yesterday that it is not out.
cos i wanted to sell now @ N28 and re-invest into insurance
companies at the current low low prices.
thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pamit(m): 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2007
Selling Oceanic to plunge into insurance?, abeg softly o. I am learning that one should be wary of selling his blue-chips anyhow. Stocks such as Dangote, Zenith, and Oceanic should be sold only when they are at unbelieveable premium, and it is wise to get in as quick as possible. The bottom line is that, don't sell a fundamentally strong stock because u want o go with the hype. I almost sold all my Zenith to buy heavily into NASCON. Abeg we all need wisdom with NSE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2007
Roland E:

my stock broker told me yesterday that it is not out.
because i wanted to sell now @ N28 and re-invest into insurance
companies at the current low low prices.
thanks.

if you have a CSCS acct already, oceanic will probably credit it directly.they are pioneering that new trend in naija. otherwise, you will need to be patient

like someone already advised you and considering tha fact that you said you're new to stock investing, i will advise that you dont sell a stock that has given you close to 100% capital gains cool in less than a year and even before you receive the certificate to go and buy insurance stocks

if you are attracted to insurance stocks, i think you should source a different fund for it rather than liquidating a high performing stock like oceanic. believe me, you want to still hold that oceanic for some time
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2007
ABOUT OCEANIC BANK CERT.PLS I WANT TO REALLY KNOW IF OCEANIC BANK HAS REALLY STARTED CREDITING PPLES ACCOUNT FOR MY STOCKBROKER KEEP TELLING ME THAT IT,S NOT YET OUT, I WONDER THE JOB OF SOME OF THESE BROKERS AS THEY ARE ALWAYS LATE IN INFORMATION. PLS BE PRESCISE OF THE INFORMATION , THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:05am On Nov 12, 2007
Did anyone see WEMA Bank's half year result? PAT is N6.46billion grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2007
WEMA H2 Results out!

2007                  2006
T/O               20.5b                 11.75b
PBT               7.61b                   4.24b
PAT               6.47b                   3.39b

Nice one! Very pleasing to my eyes  grin grin. Now on target to hit N15 soon!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2007
no_shaking:

WEMA H2 Results out!

2007 2006
T/O 20.5b 11.75b
PBT 7.61b 4.24b
PAT 6.47b 3.39b

Nice one! Very pleasing to my eyes grin grin. Now on target to hit N15 soon!

that sounds sweet.
where did you get this info?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 12, 2007
From IBTC News Flash
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 12, 2007
WEMA Half Year Result September 2007

2007 2006 %
T/O 20.5b 11.75b 75.20%
PBT 7.61b 4.24b 79.46%
PAT 6.47b 3.39b 90.68%

IBTC News Flash
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2007
The name is Ololufemi an I am really happy about this thread. Well soon be celebrating a double century 200 pages soon.
Just got some latest news on Wema Bank. please Check it out.
To all the gurus that hold Wema shares, its a funfilled ride to cloud 9. See you at the top.

Its a great time to give thanks to GOD. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2007      2006
Gross Earnings (Bns)           20.593               11.754          75.20%
PBT                                       7.609                   4.240          79.46 %
PAT                                       6.468                    3.392         90.68%

Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by OOLUSEG(m): 11:43am On Nov 12, 2007
pls fellow landers, is it adviceable to go for transcorp now that its at the low price, i bough their ipo @ n7.5 but now below n4. can i buy more now in order to make up for my initial loss?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2007
Just seeking for some extra advise from Pumping777, Easimoni and any other guru on the floor of the Nairaland Stock Exchange.

I bought UBA at N51 and Oceanic at N31.

Do you guys think they are worth holding on to. Need to make some quick decision about this.

Also wanted to enquire when the Oceanic and First Bank certificates will be out.

thirdly, what stocks are we to look out for between now and december so that we can purchase them.

Thanks an its good to ride the WEMA horse.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oje(m): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2007
Hi Seun,

I have been following up on this stock market tips for sometime and have found it very informative. I am working on a huge "Youth empowerment" project that concerns investment and i want to chat with you about it. i am sure with the vast number of posts on this topic, it will not be too difficult for me to meet my expectations.
please let me know how i can reach you.

Ojekere@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2007
hispy99:

They are on target to exceed PAT of N10B! More on this later
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:33pm On Nov 12, 2007
hispy99:

Share price crossed the magical N14.19 and you can be sure this is the opening price for tomorrowdont need BIGBOY LARRY's crystal wotsit called!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CBANJ(m): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2007
Fidelity offer extended to Nov23rd for those interested.

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3165
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2007
Guys Guys Guys.
I think we should support Mr Jim the Dream Ovia and Zenith bank. The man works like , and he delivers on his deliverables (Share Price Appreciation) and (Dividend Pay out). I strongly support Jim Ovia. If you want to join me, its going to be a jolly rie.

Also lets start discussions for this topic, (Stock picks for 2008)

I also realised that the more risks you take, the higher your returns in terms of diversification of your stock holdings

The more units of a profiatble stock you hold, the more your rewards.

zenith aint paying me for this but a word of advice,

let's ride the Zenith cable cart to the peak of the mountain

Its time to eat your cake and have it.

Zenith Bank, In your best Interest.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2007
Wema's result is the bomb!!!
Few months ago, when i was shouting "buy wema!", i was predicting a full year part of 6.4B based on qtr1 result of 1.6B,
Now, their half year result is even more than my projected PAT.
Enjoy your loot, people!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:22pm On Nov 12, 2007
Temmie10:

Few months ago, when i was shouting "buy wema!", i was predicting a full year part of 6.4B based on qtr1 result of 1.6B,
60% of my WEMA has gone for > N14sell order to Mr Stockbroker and the rest hedged against the share price rallying to between N18-20 post TS definitely this is a done deal with the results i'm loooking at unless my eyes are deceiving me cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2007
Also heard from the grapevine's estate that Zenith is probably planning a merger with ETB. If this is true and comes to fruition, The enlarged entity would be a virile strong bank.

ETB currently enjoys servicing the accounts of GLO and CONOIL(Upstream/Exploration and Downstream/Marketing). These two accounts are ready cash cows and would have enough sweetened milk till  grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is what I think may happen, so take up the Zenith offer as soon as possible.

This is a lovely christmas gift for all Nigerians.

I can assure us all that we aint seen any boom yet in the Stock market. 2008 is going to be great

Remember, Mr Jim the Dream Ovia would give you a wonderful christmas with this offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bootas(m): 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2007
These Wema guys are great artistes, they know how to play this game!
Men i am loving this, i am loving WEMA
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2007
The forward PE Ratio for WEMA is 11 compare that with the sector average of  26.14 and forward EPS=1.28  only 10 other banks have  forward EPS >1.0.  I don't even want to comment on what the fair value of this stock should be i will give you a hint though: divide the sector average PE by WEMA  PE ratio and multiply your answer by the current share price please keep the answer to yourself smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2007
Temmie10:

They do this when I've taken 75% of my Wema off the table? cry cry angry angry So much for the TS gist. No way this stock isn't doing 5% daily for the next week. N18 on Monday next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2007
easimoni:

They do this when I've taken 75% of my Wema off the table? cry cry angry angry So much for the TS gist. No way this stock isn't doing 5% daily for the next week. N18 on Monday next week.
The only thing that stopped me from selling my WEMA @N8 was because you mentioned that 80% of your portfolio is WEMAr u a genius or what?

Many igbosas to you!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2007
easimoni:

Are we still on for the merry-go-round ride on Ikeja hotels?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2007
This WEMA na ilabe!!!, chei,

I should have bought it at N10, anyway God dey??

Roughcut et all -- enjoy your loot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2007
yodiyokun:

This WEMA na ilabe!!!, chei,

I should have bought it at N10, anyway God dey??

Roughcut et all -- enjoy your loot.
Jesu loba cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2007
RoughCut:

Are we still on for the merry-go-round ride on Ikeja hotels?

Ol boy, I've issued my buy order and I'm waiting for my broker to confirm the purchase.
As per the Wema success, na God O! I'd never have predicted Wema getting to 18 when I bought in Jan. But it validates both things I always look out for in "home-run" stocks, just coming out of debt (or goodwill/bad loans or losses) and having a very (relatively) low forward PE. In both regards, Wema exceeded my expectations.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2007
easimoni:

Ol boy, I've issued my buy order and I'm waiting for my broker to confirm the purchase.
As per the Wema success, na God O! I'd never have predicted Wema getting to 18 when I bought in Jan. But it validates both things I always look out for in "home-run" stocks, just coming out of debt (or goodwill/bad loans or losses) and having a very (relatively) low forward PE. In both regards, Wema exceeded my expectations.
That's the first thing on my to-do list for tomorrowissue a BUY order to Mr Stockbroker what more can i say? So ikeja hotels and possibly Dunlop are next on the booty list
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2007
The love of WEMA is the beginning of wisdom. End of story. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.