Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816668 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2007
pumping777:

Mutual benefits is not so based on fundamentals. These is what I have for them based on Q-2 PAT of 450M. Projected PE is 20.38. However, MB is generally expected to exceed projections but I don't know what the basis of that is.

Price        Out. Share           Cap             Proj PAT        PE
MUTUAL BENEFITS ASSURANCE PLC 3.10 5.91           18.33 0.90 20.38

When you look at other methods of value investors,
* Good management
* Strategic business
* Good CONSISTENT profit margins

UNIC will beat MBenefits too,  UNIC is the biggest name in nigerian health insurance, Shonekan and Volker securities are doing well
To answer a few question of what the old will do asked in previous threads,
They get life insurance or health plans to enjoy according to Marslow's laws of needs,
So Insurance bring it on,
WHEN WILL LEADWAY AND IGI go public?
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2007
@Wanaj0 and other Guru's

Based on the released result of Fidelity Bank, is it advisable to bail out immediately after TS? Fidelity it's about 45% of my portfolio, I bought at 10.60.

I'll like to turn the table around and makes Insurance coy 50% of my portfolio (it’s about 10% now)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2007
wanaj0:

Dunlop will continue to oscillate. 2007 result cannot suatin the price. I see it settling at around 3.00 to 3.5 by Mid next year

No worries but as i said before
More nigerians are buying and will buy cars and dunlop high profile is a tyre to beat for nigerian roads,
Just hope the boarders are tightened.
Profit they'll make
I prefer to find a coy buy into it and forget about it knowing that they'll make me smile in the long run, better than a mutual fund.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2007
Geees:

When you look at other methods of value investors,
* Good management
* Strategic business
* Good CONSISTENT profit margins

UNIC will beat MBenefits too,  UNIC is the biggest name in nigerian health insurance, Shonekan and Volker securities are doing well
To answer a few question of what the old will do asked in previous threads,
They get life insurance or health plans to enjoy according to Marslow's laws of needs,
So Insurance bring it on,
WHEN WILL LEADWAY AND IGI go public?
Cheers

Leadway public Forget it. IFC has invested their big time.

IGI, not sure what they are up to. Even the private placment is yet to be concluded

pumping777:

I think you misunderstand me.

I can only use the interim result that has been released to predict the next interim or full year result. This is what I am saying. I don't have to wait for the future t result to be declared before I take position. So I can only assess UNIC based on the Q-2 result they have so far declared. I can use this to predict Q-3 or full year. If there is a Q-3 outstanding it is immaterial. I don't have to wait forthis Q-3 result to take position. By then, the cat will be out of the bag.

Thanks for the clarification. Not good at understanding I guess
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2007
crazyT:

@Wanaj0 and other Guru's

Based on the released result of Fidelity Bank, is it advisable to bail out immediately after TS? Fidelity it's about 45% of my portfolio, I bought at 10.60.

I'll like to turn the table around and makes Insurance coy 50% of my portfolio (it’s about 10% now)

Good idea but please do oyur research well before you go in notice the trend I would like to turn it to Law Union, Crusader, Unic i that order.

Cheers Wanaj0
However at the rate of growthof the NSE one day Leadway will need our money,
Waiting patiently and of course by then I would have some good money,
The Odukale's are good managers
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2007
Geees:

No worries but as i said before
More nigerians are buying and will buy cars and dunlop high profile is a tyre to beat for nigerian roads,
Just hope the boarders are tightened.
Profit they'll make
I prefer to find a coy buy into it and forget about it knowing that they'll make me smile in the long run, better than a mutual fund.

For Long term, Dunlop will do WELL.

crazyT:

@Wanaj0 and other Guru's

Never liked Fidelity.

Insurance at 50% of your portfolio is a very skewed one. I expect banks to form close to 50% of most portfolios in Nigeria.

Well depending on your age and risk tolerance no problem. Just evaluate the risk. Moreover, note that Jimoh will fight to the end as per the insurance issue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2007
Geees:

Good idea but please do oyur research well before you go in notice the trend I would like to turn it to Law Union, Crusader, Unic i that order.

Cheers Wanaj0
However at the rate of growthof the NSE one day Leadway will need our money,
Waiting patiently and of course by then I would have some good money,
The Odukale's are good managers
Cheers

Leadway will rather get institutional investors. That I think is their strategy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2007
Right now I've MBenefits and I'm pretty much tired of it, issuing sell order 1st thing in the morning and using the money to lump on Crusader instead
I sure dont want it to still be there when they go on TS and tie up the money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ oga wanajo,
i wasnt looking like a lucozade grin i just didnt have the cash then. so you say they are better stocks out there. which ones will you say are fundamentally better, cos i think its dangote sugar and beta glass or longman.pls help cosi no one miss road ooooo sad cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2007
At last!!!!!!! took me over an hour to catch up with this thread after leaving my office 3pm this afternoon.Na wa!

seriously, which of the ins stock are we recommending unic,lawunion or crusader? i need to buy first thing next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2007
This thread is officially on fire!
i was gone 5 hours and theres more pages than i can read.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2007
Temmie10:

This thread is officially on fire!
i was gone 5 hours and theres more pages than i can read.

Temmie,

It's past midnight in Kuwait and I can't afford to sleep as I'm following this thread steadfastly grin Only a fool sleeps when his mates are making money (or learning to make money in my case) cheesy

check ur box pls, just sent u an email.

Koksie
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2007
wanaj0:

Leadway will rather get institutional investors. That I think is their strategy

Its interesting you saying institutional investors,
A good example of curtailing the excesses of a large number of shareholders and the unclothedness of going public,
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ALL

na wah o , wetin ! this thread is already on a bull run,so many pages in one day.Sure sign that something has taken off. A word for all peeps buying into the insurance companies, MAKE SURE YOU BUY FUNDAMENTALLY STRONG FIRMS,thats the only way to get ahead.THE MARKET IS ALWAYS OVER/REACTING OR UNDERREACTING , if there is a word like that.Or you can simply follow the leads of PUMPING,EASIMONI , TEMMIE but mix it with the calm words from WANAJ0 .i have been positioning myself for a while and still going to get more but no later than tuesday. The effect of the insurance buzz should wear out when profit takers descend , SO DONT DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY BY ENTRING AT ANY PRICE, SET YOUR LIMIT ORDERS TIGHT .

A word for the newbies , you can follow the leaders by doing what they do but you dont have their knowledge , so invest in yourself, learn, learn and learn again , it is the only way y ou will be a zillionaire.

@ Easimoni ,
you really have an analytical mind which you share with peeps here. I WONDER WHETHER NA U BUY ALL THE CRUSADER WEY DEY SHELF TODAY ! I REALLY HOPE YOU HIT BIG TIME WITH THIS. gimme a link , will like some talk with you.

@ Pumping
thanks for all the good work.Na fight , i send you mail as per the PHB prospectus , i no see nada , i beg reply . Hope you had i good flight.

gAST TO GO , I have a simulated exam on sat.This CFA no easy o ! omo wase ori ise .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2007
@crazyT

My advice is to reduce your exposure to Fidelity to about 10% of your portfolio. 45% is much too risky - regardless of your age. I don't believe Fidelity will do anything dramatic.

50% in insurance is also over the top. It is the next growth area but there are very good selected prospects in other sectors. Japaul being a recent good example.

@all

Any comments on Thomas Wyatt?
What do you guys make of Lasaco's fundamentals?

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chokit(m): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2007
@all
We are talking about law union crusader and unic.Kindly shed more light on Lasaco is a good buy like the rest ,proj eps of 0.11 and proj pe of 24.05 (nig.securities).In which order can we put them ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2007
One more thing,
From this news of insurance coys allowed to do business, there isn't ACEN insurance (ACENICO).
One person asked about them earlier in this thread i think, its a shame ACEN didnt make it.  Unless they have merged, in that case i dont know the new name.
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2007
One more thing,
From this news of insurance coys allowed to do business, there isn't ACEN insurance (ACENICO).
One person asked about them earlier in this thread i think, its a shame ACEN didnt make it. Unless they have merged, in that case i dont know the new name.
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by netotse(m): 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2007
Geees:

Its interesting you saying institutional investors,
A good example of curtailing the excesses of a large number of shareholders and the unclothedness of going public,
Cheers
i agree since they won the local risk underwriting thingy, less mouths to feed!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2007
To all the Gurus,

Nobody is even talking about Lasaco. Do we have their Q3 yet?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2007
chokit:

@all
We are talking about law union crusader and unic.Kindly shed more light on Lasaco is a good buy like the rest ,proj eps of 0.11 and proj pe of 24.05 (Nigeria.securities).In which order can we put them ?
Femtex:

To all the Gurus,

Nobody is even talking about Lasaco. Do we have their Q3 yet?

We don't have Lasaco's 3Q results yet. It's due anyday now. Lasaco issued almost 6B shares following the Sept 06 hybird offer. The total is now 7.404B shares, forward PE based on the half year result (N560M PAT) is 18 (and climbing). Not a bad deal but Crusader, Unic and Law Union are all cheaper.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toyibanj(m): 12:10am On Nov 16, 2007
The Gurus,

So the floor agrees that fundamentally Crusader comes 1st followed by Law union then unic.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chokit(m): 12:17am On Nov 16, 2007
I guess crusader,unic then law union but all three are good.I have crusader and mbenefit in large quantity and hoping to get lasaco at the present price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 12:38am On Nov 16, 2007
@ Easioni

I intend to get some Crusader Insurance share. My question is, Is there any chance that it might clock N30 per unit before the next year runs out. If not, kindly advice me on a suitable security.

I have a specific target, and it is not necessary that the option you will give multiply in excess. I only need some change to launch my project.

Thanks in dvance
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:52am On Nov 16, 2007
barge:

@ Pumping
thanks for all the good work.Na fight , i send you mail as per the PHB prospectus , i no see nada , i beg reply . Hope you had i good flight.

gAST TO GO , I have a simulated exam on sat.This CFA no easy o ! omo wase ori ise .

Not sure what your email addy is. The last one I sent is to "Bajo". I don't know if that is yourself.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toyibanj(m): 1:07am On Nov 16, 2007
@pumping777,
Just sent you an email. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 1:17am On Nov 16, 2007
nazzyon:

@ Easioni

I intend to get some Crusader Insurance share. My question is, Is there any chance that it might clock N30 per unit before the next year runs out. If not, kindly advice me on a suitable security.

I have a specific target, and it is not necessary that the option you will give multiply in excess. I only need some change to launch my project.

Thanks in dvance

From #4 to #30? that your expectation is somehow too high. If thats the way stocks play out, we would all turn billionnaires before the end of next year
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 1:41am On Nov 16, 2007
@Wanaj0,

From all indications, you are a man of wisdom. The fountain of wisdom from which you drink from shall never go dry. keep up the work and stay blessed.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by youngdoc: 4:31am On Nov 16, 2007
At all,
Where do you go to read up on the latest about the stock market, and get pertinent analysis and such?
I have:
Proshareng.com
Meristem
NAIRALAND BUSINESS SECTION
Thisday, Punch, investopedia etc,

I need other sources!!

are there any helpful pages you guys can recommend?

Wanajo: You have been in the stock trading world for quite a while, please give me some pointers

Pumping777: you are known for your timely news and analysis, answer too.

Easimoni: Insurance man, your input too please

EMMACHILE, RoughCut, Gees, Temmie 10 ( where u dey sef), WIndywendy ( where you dey), Frankiriri ( where you dey??), Other Gurus in hiding or not mentioned please contribute too. I am sure we can all gain from sources we didnt know existed, just like Nigeriansecurities has become our one-stop-shop for number crunching.

Thanks all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 4:43am On Nov 16, 2007
@youngdocs

try nsepro.com
bbc.com/africa
allafrica.com
nigeriansabroad.com

i no try grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:48am On Nov 16, 2007
I had to give order for STACO to be executed today and hoping to bail out when it gets to 30% appreciation probably next week. I will be buying a chunk of it and had to choose STACO over crusader, unic, law union because of its liquidity.
I would not want to get caught in the midst of the frenzy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 6:13am On Nov 16, 2007
youngdoc:

At all,
Where do you go to read up on the latest about the stock market, and get pertinent analysis and such?
I have:
Proshareng.com
Meristem
NAIRALAND BUSINESS SECTION
Thisday, Punch, investopedia etc,

I need other sources!!

are there any helpful pages you guys can recommend?

Wanajo: You have been in the stock trading world for quite a while, please give me some pointers

Pumping777: you are known for your timely news and analysis, answer too.

Easimoni: Insurance man, your input too please

EMMACHILE, RoughCut, Gees, Temmie 10 ( where u dey sef), WIndywendy ( where you dey), Frankiriri ( where you dey??), Other Gurus in hiding or not mentioned please contribute too. I am sure we can all gain from sources we didnt know existed, just like Nigeriansecurities has become our one-stop-shop for number crunching.

Thanks all

www.fidelityunionsecng.com

@ Gurus

Is Aiico good at 2.26 considering that they will add 2.5B more shares?

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.