Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816689 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
hispy99:

you mean his irresponsible statement of N4.35 trillion earnings in 3 years?

Na YAM?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2007
First Inland on TS. Dem self wan do PO. tongue they can't feed the current shareholders and they are taking on more. This is clearly a bank that needs to grow thru debt till it can "show us the money"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2007
Prospectus

FTN COCOA PROCESSORS LIMITED

Offer for Subscription
By
Private Placement

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/473db9b4_a39e/bc/My+Documents/FTN%2bPLACEMENT%2bMEMORANDUM-%2bDRAFT%2bCOPY.pdf?bfH6bPHBRMqQxo5b
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by X2X(m): 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Emmaachile (or anyone who received the materials from him), pls can you send me your books and analysis tools ? My email is
johnadeyi (at) gmail.com

@Thread

Pls when is GTB results coming out? Oceanic too?

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2007
@easimoni

Fatherof2,
I'm a bit concerned with your strategy of making 25% gains in days/weeks based on rumours and jumping ship after you cross your magic number. Even for naija, where out-of-the-box thinking seems to work in the NSE, your "stick and move" startegy makes me nervous. If I'd jumped ship after making 25% on Wema (which I bough ~N4.3), how would I have ridden it to 14? The cost of transactions in the NSE are too high. You have to sell at 7% above your buy price just to break even. + research has shown that if you hold a stock for 12 months, 90% of your gains come in 3 to 5 5-7 day spurts. You miss those spurts, you don't make as much money as you should.

What if your rumours turn out to be false? Did you also know that those peddling rumours are often guilty of insider trading. If you KNOW that a bank is about to issue a bonus, the insider who told you is guilty of breaking the law. Sure, gist is often true, but I held 80% of my 'folio in Wema for most of 2007. I heard every gist imaginable, 90% of them fizzled out - nothing but noise. But one thing remained the same; the potential I saw for the 07/08 results.

Anyway, the goal is to find what works for you and stick to it. If sticking and moving works for you; it's all good but it won't work for most people.

Don't take offense and if you have gist, please share o (as long as you don't ask anyone to compromise themselves

i couldn't have put it any better man!
enough said
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2007
not really got the stomch for privae placements yet

i like to see some transparency once a company is listed before i move in ( although wema didn't fit this bill)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by youngdoc: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ Pumping
I see that you have laid hands on FTN Cocoa Processing PP form. What's ur take on it. Please analyse if you will and share ur thots

Do same for PHB

Thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2007
pumping777:

Prospectus

FTN COCOA PROCESSORS LIMITED

Offer for Subscription
By
Private Placement

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/473db9b4_a39e/bc/My+Documents/FTN%2bPLACEMENT%2bMEMORANDUM-%2bDRAFT%2bCOPY.pdf?bfH6bPHBRMqQxo5b

Looked at it and i am not impressed. I like the cocoa business, but I do not like these company's past performance
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2007
hispy99:

you mean his irresponsible statement of N4.35 trillion earnings in 3 years?

Yeah.I think its just a ploy to keep the stock from falling to unthinkable depths.They know people are watching the stock with one eye.But to be candid a good result by them will send the stock haywire.where will the good result come from?Or wat do u think.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by flakom(f): 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2007
Hello gurus in the house,

You've all really being helpful.

Is it wise to buy Crusader at 4.74 and if so, when do u think i should bail out?

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2007
Easimoni,

Any news about Oceanic's result. I can smell something cooking there.

Abeg reply, you no dey reply person post sef.

No dey show how u big reach oh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ easimoni,
i need some advice. im kinda caught in a dilemma. i couldnt catch nigerian german chemicals and now im stuck as to what to get. im trying to get the best fundamental stocks i can.
i want dangote sugar. but after that im torn between beta glass and longman(december year ending stocks). both have forward pes of 9 right now and they look juicy, im however worried as to if beta glass will still appreciate from 14 naira or if longman will still appreciate. im kinda confused. can you pls advise. undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2007
ololufemi:

Easimoni,
Any news about Oceanic's result. I can smell something cooking there.
Abeg reply, you no dey reply person post sef.
No dey show how u big reach oh
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ki lo de? I no go work again? grin tongue
Dunno nothnig about Oceanic results. Might be a tad early to be asking for YE Sept 07 results. It should beat the prospectus forecast but still a bit too rich for my blood; they sold tooooo many shares.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2007
Guys Guys Guys,

Why not heed the call of the wise ones. Do not and I repeat Do not jump into any Private Cocoa Ship. Looks scary.

Keep your money for the Zenith December/Chrismas public Offer.

Some people go talk sey wetin dey about Zenith

Just check the figures and you'll see.

Mr Jim the dream is knocking on your door this christmas season with a bounty offer.

Santa Claus is coming to town.

Zenith Bank, Forever in your best interest
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2007
shigidi:

@ easimoni,
i need some advice. im kind of caught in a dilemma. i couldnt catch nigerian german chemicals and now im stuck as to what to get. im trying to get the best fundamental stocks i can.
i want dangote sugar. but after that im torn between beta glass and longman(december year ending stocks). both have forward pes of 9 right now and they look juicy, im however worried as to if beta glass will still appreciate from 14 naira or if longman will still appreciate. im kind of confused. can you please advise. undecided

Me? I have 1/3 of my portfolio sitting in CASH (proceeds from Wema  grin). I was too slow to re-invest and now the bull has left the station. I'm watching closely coz I don't want to fight with the bulls ruling the market at the moment.

So what should WE do? I like DangSugar as well. If I had to choose btwn Loangman and Beta, I'll go Beta. Longman's 4Q is too large a % of the FY for my comfort. Beta is more "trendable".

At the moment, I'm not seeing any home runs o! And I'm sitting on cash.  angry embarassed cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ololufemi
take am easy now with this your zenith.
we don hear, abi na by force?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2007
ololufemi:

Guys Guys Guys,

Why not heed the call of the wise ones. Do not and I repeat Do not jump into any Private Cocoa Ship. Looks scary.

Keep your money for the Zenith December/Chrismas public Offer.

Some people go talk sey wetin dey about Zenith

Just check the figures and you'll see.

Mr Jim the dream is knocking on your door this christmas season with a bounty offer.

Santa Claus is coming to town.

Zenith Bank, Forever in your best interest

we appreciate your passion and constitency on Zenith bank.infact u have even published Jim Ovias pictures but lets decide to buy or not when the prospectus is out.For now can u lets concentrate on whats on ground.thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2007
Easimoni no vex now. Na you be the don for here.

if we dont talk to you who we go meet.

Just confirmed what I thought about their beating the forecast.

Got in at N18 earlier in the year. Guess it'll be time to call my bankers

Get to the Zenith for Life

Its coming to you this Christmas
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ijay07: 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ Ololufemi
Bros cool down now. This hype about zenith and jim the dream is becoming unbecoming oo.
Ok now, we don hear. We shall make up our minds when the time comes.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2007
aktopgun:

@easimoni

Fatherof2,
I'm a bit concerned with your strategy of making 25% gains in days/weeks based on rumours and jumping ship after you cross your magic number. Even for naija, where out-of-the-box thinking seems to work in the NSE, your "stick and move" startegy makes me nervous. If I'd jumped ship after making 25% on Wema (which I bough ~N4.3), how would I have ridden it to 14? The cost of transactions in the NSE are too high. You have to sell at 7% above your buy price just to break even. + research has shown that if you hold a stock for 12 months, 90% of your gains come in 3 to 5 5-7 day spurts. You miss those spurts, you don't make as much money as you should.

What if your rumours turn out to be false? Did you also know that those peddling rumours are often guilty of insider trading. If you KNOW that a bank is about to issue a bonus, the insider who told you is guilty of breaking the law. Sure, gist is often true, but I held 80% of my 'folio in Wema for most of 2007. I heard every gist imaginable, 90% of them fizzled out - nothing but noise. But one thing remained the same; the potential I saw for the 07/08 results.

Anyway, the goal is to find what works for you and stick to it. If sticking and moving works for you; it's all good but it won't work for most people.

Don't take offense and if you have gist, please share o (as long as you don't ask anyone to compromise themselves

i couldn't have put it any better man!
enough said

Aha now i get it.Your broker must be cheating you big time.
Below are SEC approved rates for transactions.

BUY SIDE (VAT inclusive and all sub-charges)
 1.83%

SELL SIDE (VAT inclusive and all sub-charges)
 2.123%.

Go to the website and see the approved rates.No broker should charge you more.
I work on  25% a lot.If i get 35% na jarra. You need to cross 3.96% to make a profit.
Please don't take my RUMOUR gist too too seriously,its just 15% of my strategy for making money on the floor.
There're strong reasons i follow.
Buy on friday and sell on Thursday.Repeat forthnightly for 4 forthnights and you have at least 100% profit with compounding.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2007
flakom:

Hello gurus in the house,
You've all really being helpful.
Is it wise to buy Crusader at 4.74 and if so, when do u think i should bail out?
Thanks.

If u buy tomorrow, Crusader will be at ~N5 (assuming the bulls continue). Still a good deal but 10% above my avg price. Dunno when you should bail and why do you want to bail? If the bulls run out of money soon, the stock could come crashing back to N4. You need to close ya eye for 6 months. It should touch N6 in 1Q 08.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2007
pls someone should answer me now
l asked earlier the eaiest way of verifying a certificate if its returned to my stockbroker for iregular signature.

l was told by either bank confirmation of signature or by going there personally to sign. Which could be easy pls.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ Ololufemi

i  with you that zenith is a good buy but your recurring post about it is  sickening.I HOPE YOU KNOW INVESTMENT OBJECTIVES AND CONSTRAINTS DIFFER. what is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander. If this continues others may follow your example and the sanity on this thread will be compromised.

@Father of 2
     greed is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact a little bit of greed is an eesential ingredient to become wealthy .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2007
FatherOF2:

1.83%

2.123%.

Here's is my contract note from my Wema sale

Consideration xxxxxxx
Contract Stamp 0.0750%
Commission 1.5000%
VAT                 0.0750%
CSCSFee         0.4725%
NSEFee           0.5250%
Total                  2.648%

If you pay only 2.13% to sell (pls double check), it means your broker commission is 1% and it's time for me to switch!

Abeg, who be your broker? Or is 1% only for the BIG BOYS?  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2007
@mypeace
if you are in nigeria,i think you better visit the security firm personally.
remember to hold a valid identification.sure you will resolve the problem with them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2007
@easimoni

i have the same percentage for mine bros, 2.6475%

@fatherof2

what broker is that abeg, make i bash my broker with facts!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2007
easimoni

my own brokers collects 1.125% commission, and he told me that if you are selling MUCH, it will be negotiated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2007
Thanks for the tips guys

@FatherOF2

1.83%

2.123%.

Go to the website and see the approved rates.No broker should charge you more.
I work on 25% a lot.If i get 35% na jarra. You need to cross 3.96% to make a profit.
Please don't take my RUMOUR gist too too seriously,its just 15% of my strategy for making money on the floor.
There're strong reasons i follow.
Buy on friday and sell on Thursday.Repeat forthnightly for 4 forthnights and you have at least 100% profit with compounding.

Which brokerage house gives you that rate? mine charges:-

2.355%

2.647%. cry cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
father of 2

Could we please have ur broker name? What is their service like? Do they have good online representaion (giving mandates online)?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2007
MyPeace:

easimoni

my own brokers collects 1.125% commission, and he told me that if you are selling MUCH, it will be negotiated.

which broker do u use?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2007
@my peace

It's better if u are in Nig to there personally of cos wit int passport, nat id card etc. But nt allregistrars allow that, some insist that u must get bankers confirmation. I know of First registrars, they request for bankers conf.

When una no go use simple initials una go dey use signature like say una be governor of bank of england. grin grin grin grin grin

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.