Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,960 members, 7,848,896 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:41 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818320 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2007
The SEC fees are 2.355% to buy
and 2.6475% to sell.
http://www.sec.gov.ng/cmocharges.htm

So for all those guys with fees over the sec rates please clarify with your brokers. Mine charges to the letter, 2.355 and 2.6475% not if the figures are rounded off you loose money ever.
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2007
@pumping

Can you send the Banh PHP prospectus to me at hispy99 at yahoo dot com?

I can as well use my wkd to go through the prospectus

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:53pm On Nov 16, 2007
texas543:

Not sure, but i was reading it somewhere that u can have the two the accounts linked together at CSCS, I think you have to subscribe for that. Let the Gurus come and chip in. You can move your account to one of them when u are done with your "stunt" grin.

These are from the FAQ section of CSCS trade alerts.
-------------------
I have several CSCS account numbers and one Clearing House number, how many times do I subscribe?

Provided you have one Clearing House number, despite your CSC account numbers, you only subscribe once.

-----------------

I have several CSCS account numbers and several Clearing House numbers, how many times do I subscribe?

Though it is recognized that some clients have two or more Clearing House numbers for reasons best known to them, It is advisable to consolidate accounts into one Clearing House Number because the number of Clearing House Numbers you have would mean the number of times you need to subscribe.

-------------

I understand that the clearing house number is the unique number that CSCS uses for identification. Multiple CSCS numbers can be linked to one clearing house number.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 1:30am On Nov 17, 2007
I tried consolidating my CSCS account when I opened an account with a second broker but the 2nd broker ignored the request to use the existing CHN number. I have had no issue having separate accounts, my plan is to slowly sell off my holdings with the first broker anyway.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 4:42am On Nov 17, 2007
@gurus,guys, SALUTE! I'v spent 2days/2nites catching-up with this addictiv thread, looking out mainly for gist on OCEANIC,for therein lies ALL of my portfolio! , Somebody,please,a glimmer, any word on thier damned FY results yet? Kai, ! undecided embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:18am On Nov 17, 2007
@ Everyone

SEC RATES (My Broker Rates) From May 26th 07

BUY SIDE rates VAT Total cost
Brokerage fee 1.00% 5% 1.05
SEC fees 0.60% 0% 0.60
CSCS fees 0.10% 5% 0.105
stamp duty 0.075% 0% 0.075
Total 1.775% 10% 1.830

SELL SIDE rates VAT Total cost
Brokerage fee 1.00% 5% 1.05
SEC fees 0.50% 5% 0.525
CSCS fees 0.45% 5% 0.4725
stamp duty 0.075% 0% 0.075
Total 2.025% 15% 2.123

Breakeven Point : 3.953%

Truth is that you need to give your broker good volumes to command these rates.Take more risks (Returns are higher)
Give your broker your N1m monthly salary and he'll give you 1%.(I don't earn N1m sha).If you use bank loan low rates are very important.

Now when you have sorted out the percentage issue,just buy Access bank by Monday.Everyone will rejoice when the result comes out in one
or two weeks,it'll move from an N18 average currently to about N22.80,you would have made your 25%.Move to some other stock.Access will fall again before their year end and you can get set to scoop another 25% by then.
Meanwhile if you did not position for insurance before Thursday's announcement,don't rush now.Its getting too late.Profit Takers are descending on insurance stocks this Thursday/Friday (Bail Out dates).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:49am On Nov 17, 2007
Krrush:

@gurus,guys, SALUTE! I'v spent 2days/2nites catching-up with this addictiv thread, looking out mainly for gist on OCEANIC,for therein lies ALL of my portfolio! , Somebody,please,a glimmer, any word on their damned FY results yet? Kai, ! undecided embarassed
Expect it before christmas or just very early JANUARY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 5:53am On Nov 17, 2007
@Cecilia Ibru                                                                                                                                             Come thru,mama.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by question(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2007
hi guys,
Does anybody have info on last GTB's GDR?
Abi dem just collect people money close mouth?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:14am On Nov 17, 2007
@pumping777

thanks man for the CSCS info

much appreciated.

i'll just give the new broker my clearing house number and have the 2 accounts under one CHN

i hope i understand it correctly
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by skelewagy(m): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2007
abeg i need where to understand info on stocks & company results. any good link, please
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Jungle700

This is my experience with Zenith Securities

Bad Points:
1. Executes orders after average of 48hrs
2. No dedicated account manager
3. No timely update portfolio
4. Does not give attention to details of buy/sell instructions

Good Points:
1. Low charges for buy/sell
2. Always buy close to lowest bid price

I've been with them for a less than two months and they promised to resolve all my issues, so watching them for a wee longer. All in all, I've heard horror stories about other brokers too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2007
This is the best forum for serious minded Nigerians both within and in diaspora, kudos to u all, i learnt their are some young guys in here. i tell you stock trading is better than YAHOO-YAHOO. it will enable you look into the future hopefully and how to delay contemporary gratification for much more brighter future. keep on keeping on [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingrd(m): 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2007
This guy advised we buy WEMA sometime ago, some did but others did not. WEMA has since moved up in the market. I'm looking for a second opinion on UBA.
Any opinion on this new Zenith offering?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 12:30pm On Nov 17, 2007
can any one tell me if i can still sell my wema while on [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color] ts?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2007
osazeet:

can any one tell me if i can still sell my wema while on [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color] ts?

technically, you can. the law of demand & supply still hold sway but the price can't move in response to it.

you will probably just have a longer wait for the sell order to be executed if everybody is waiting for the reconstruction to be concluded rather than buy d old stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2007
skelewagy:

abeg i need where to understand info on stocks & company results. any good link, please

if you go to page 1 on this thread and start reading, i can assure you by the time you get to page 10, you shld have a fairly good idea what stocks and company results are about cooland if you make it to d last page before Dec 31st, you shld be ready to take bold steps in stock investing come 2008

happy reading grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2007
phew, been a while

@ all, any news on the ETB private placement,

the information on this thread is so "up- to- date" and rich that my broker cries that i probably have more knowledge than him

has anybody recieved their oceanic certs and any information on union diagnostics?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2007
Tmoni:

phew, been a while

@ all, any news on the ETB private placement,

the information on this thread is so "up- to- date" and rich that my broker cries that i probably have more knowledge than him

has anybody recieved their oceanic certs and any information on union diagnostics?

Not heard about ETB pp rather a rumour of merging with Zenith (read that on this thread)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2007
Hi Guys,

I plan to buy the following shares this coming Tuesday, Crusader, Law union and Unic Insurance.

Is it a wise decision to buy them now?. I will also like to know if there is anyone on this thread with current

information on C & I Leasing and African Paint Plc.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:45pm On Nov 17, 2007
ETB PP seems only for the selected billionaires, ( just for very few pple) so i heared
the rumoured merger with zenith might not hold any water.lets just wait and see.

@tonyjon
not time to enter the ins. train,wait till profit taking is over.
most of them didnt make 5% yesterday,thats a sure sign that soonest the price will start to go down.
then you can take position.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2007
Hi.
Anyone with news on Unionn Diagnostic'S PP certs.I bought during their PP which Cascraftoyo man handled.Forgive me for doing that.It was because i have not stated follwing this thread by then.Forgive me en but please any one out there with any info on the certs and day of listing should let me know.

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Gurus et all,SALUTE !

Try this for edgy nerves in times of crunchy decission-making:

Be alone in some quiet place.Now,in the lotus poture,begin to feel, to experience peace, like you are taking-in the view of some O C E A N I C beach paradise,

Yea,Mantra Yoga, UMMMMM!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2007
IGI PRIVATE PLACEMENT ANY HOT INFO, that we can disect, nothing on my radar for now,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by damoche07(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Bigboy Larry,

Where av u been and any new info cos masquerades dont just appear,there must be a festival.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toyibanj(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2007
tonyjon:

Hi Guys,

I plan to buy the following shares this coming Tuesday,  Crusader, Law union and Unic Insurance.

Is it a wise decision to buy them now?. I will also like to know if there is anyone on this thread with current

Peace.
@Tonyjon,
Good luck. All the insurance stocks are on bid till at least end of the week, then profit takers will start to sell. Let the house know if you get any. However set your price limits.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by toyibanj(m): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2007
tonyjon:

Hi Guys,

I plan to buy the following shares this coming Tuesday,  Crusader, Law union and Unic Insurance.

Peace.
@Tonyjon,
Good luck. All the insurance stocks are on bid till at least end of the week, then profit takers will start to sell. Let the house know if you get any. However set your price limits.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2007
toyibanj:

@Tonyjon,

Good idea set price limits that way you dont buy at the top especially for the short term.
I prefer this oreder though UNIC, Law Union and Crusader.
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2007
Kindly find below the 49 that made it:

(1) Guardian Express Assurance Co. Ltd
(2) Cornerstone Insurance Plc
(3) Niger Insurance Plc
(4) Staco Assurance Plc
(5) Leadway Assurance Co. Ltd
(6) WAPIC Insurance Plc
(7) Guaranty Trust assurance Plc
(cool Yankari Insurance
(9) Oceanic Insurance Co.Ltd
(10) Lasaco Assurance
(11) ADIC Insurance Co. Ltd
(12) Prestige Assurance Plc
(13) International Energy Insurance
(14) Zenith Insurance Co. Ltd
(15) Royal Exchange Assurance Co. Plc
(16) Equity Indemnity Insurance Plc
(17) Union Assurance Company Ltd
(18) UNIC Insurance Plc
(19) Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc
(20) Alliance and General Insurance Plc
(21) Custodian and Allied Insurance Plc
(22) Law Union and Rock Insurance Plc
(23) Crusader Insurance Plc
(24) Regency Alliance Insurance Plc
(25) Standard Insurance Plc
(26) Standard Life Assurance Plc
(27) Anchor Insurance Co. Ltd
(28) Industrial and General Insurance Co. Ltd
(29) Goldlink Insurance Plc
(30) Great Nigeria Insurance Plc
(31) Guardian Trust Insurance Co. Ltd
(32) Heirs Life Assurance
(33) OASIS Insurance
(34) Sovereign Trust Insurance
(35) Kapital Insurance Co Ltd
(36) Sterling Assurance Nig. Ltd
(37) Capital Express Insurance Co. Ltd
(38) Linkage Assurance Plc
(39) Equity Life Insurance
(40) Consolidated Hallmark Plc
(41) Unitrust Insurance Co. Ltd
(42) Universal Insurance Co Ltd
(43) AIICO Insurance Plc
(44) Investment and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd
(45) Continental Reinsurance Co. Plc
(46) Guinea Insurance Plc
(47) NEM Insurance Plc
(48) African Alliance Insurance Co. Ltd
(49) Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation.

In essence, the above listed insurance companies are adequately capitalised to carry on insurance business in Nigeria - Federal Government of Nigeria

SOURCE: http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_articles.php?id=1316
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrCee(m): 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ GEEES, EASIMONI AND PUMPING.

Some one suggested Staco Ins. as a good buy because of being liquid and some good fundamentals please guys do you see some of these fundamentals the price is not as high as the Top three.

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.