Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,100 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819847 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2007
@naijadr

personally i am a crusader

they are fundamentally sounder ie based on ratios

mbenfits comes in at least fifth after crusader, lawunion, aiico, unic (probably in that order for me)

so u a real doc or is it just a username then?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2007
at AllCorrect

lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

thanks all the same.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2007
Pls which broker do u use easimoni??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2007
Yeah but i decided to cancel sell order, since bull's run is going on and I'll be at a loss, because by the time they sell it'll be tuesday and then use that money to buy it'll be thursday, I no go buy crusader for N5 oooohhh grin
@dr yeah are u in medicine too?
aktopgun:

@naijadr

personally i am a crusader

they are fundamentally sounder ie based on ratios

mbenfits comes in at least fifth after crusader, lawunion, aiico, unic (probably in that order for me)

so u a real doc or is it just a username then?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2007
Allcorrect:

Please which broker do u use easimoni??

Lead Capital
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by springss: 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2007
easimoni:

Here's is my contract note from my Wema sale

Consideration xxxxxxx
Contract Stamp 0.0750%
Commission 1.5000%
VAT                 0.0750%
CSCSFee         0.4725%
NSEFee           0.5250%
Total                  2.648%

If you pay only 2.13% to sell (please double check), it means your broker commission is 1% and it's time for me to switch!

Abeg, who be your broker? Or is 1% only for the BIG BOYS?  grin

Folks, the broker's commission is negotiable. The NSE, CSCS, VAT, etc are fixed. I currently pay 1.83% (Buy-side) and 2.17% (sell-side) inclusive of broker's commission. I did not know, I could negotiate this until a year ago. My broker's commission used to be 2.75% but I negotiated it down to 1%. This is usually posible if your total portfpossible over =N=5 MM. Most stock brokers insist on having a minimum of =N=10MM before they reduce your commission to 1%. I use FSDH Securities. You can use this information to renegotiate if you are paying too much.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2007
springss:

Folks, the broker's commission is negotiable. The NSE, CSCS, VAT, etc are fixed. I currently pay 1.83% (Buy-side) and 2.17% (sell-side) inclusive of broker's commission. I did not know, I could negotiate this until a year ago. My broker's commission used to be 2.75% but I negotiated it down to 1%. This is usually posible if your total portfpossible over =N=5 MM. Most stock brokers insist on having a minimum of =N=10MM before they reduce your commission to 1%. I use FSDH Securities. You can use this information to renegotiate if you are paying too much.

Thanks for this hot tip. I had no clue. Every little % counts in this game grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2007
springss:

THis is hot tip for Big boys only grin not those of us dealing in thousands grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2007
pumping777:

Thanks for this hot tip. I had no clue. Every little % counts in this game grin

Muchas Gracias from me as well. My broker is about to receive a sinker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2007
yodiyokun:

THis is hot tip for Big boys only grin not those of us dealing in thousands grin

Wassup with the false modesty? grin cheesy. U know that I know that you move the Market and make big thigs happen. grin shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2007
Ola007:

Thanks for the tips guys

@FatherOF2

Aha now i get it.Your broker must be cheating you big time.
Below are SEC approved rates for transactions.

BUY SIDE (VAT inclusive and all sub-charges)
1.83%

SELL SIDE (VAT inclusive and all sub-charges)
2.123%.

Go to the website and see the approved rates.No broker should charge you more.
I work on 25% a lot.If i get 35% na jarra. You need to cross 3.96% to make a profit.
Please don't take my RUMOUR gist too too seriously,its just 15% of my strategy for making money on the floor.
There're strong reasons i follow.
Buy on friday and sell on Thursday.Repeat forthnightly for 4 forthnights and you have at least 100% profit with compounding.

Which brokerage house gives you that rate? mine charges:-

BUY SIDE (VAT inclusive and all sub-charges)
2.355%

SELL SIDE (VAT inclusive and all sub-charges)
2.647%. cry cry

Thanks alln had no idea it was negotiated. But come to think of it, ow mani of us got 10m for trading on this thread. Well i will keep the info and hope to use it real soon. The market for 08 is gonna b hot. Waiting and getting in gear cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2007
I pay 2.6 to buy and 2.3 to sell (have to use UBA NRN just cause its easy for me from outside the country) well I be small persin, no 5mil or 10mil here grin just yet that is cool Then the money can be used to do the negotiating
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2007
Quote from: Allcorrect on Today at 05:48:44 PM
Please which broker do u use easimoni??

Lead Capital

they are my broker as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2007
WOW! Checked portfolio, the market looks crazy today, talk about big jump.
NIG-GERMAN is almost 120% from 3 weeks ago, and 10% from 2 weeks ago aaah **slapping myself** I knew I should have bought more last mth. Its inching gradually, and if it continues this way it'll be in a great position for 1st quarter 08 run.
I issued a sell mandate for MBenefits this morning then tried to cancel this evening, hoping I can still cancel it, I'll know Monday, try to ride it for a short while and try to bounce before the PO which should be happening soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2007
DAYYYYYYYYYYYMMMMMMMMMM , FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH THIS THREAD, YA GUYS DOING GREAT JOB IN HERE , OGA FRANK EASIMONI AND CO , I SALUTE YOU GUYS grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2007
Zenith securities charges me less than 1% ( 1.62% all inclusive) to buy. I think the commision rate is 1% flat. but you will need to have N5m to open an account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2007
frankiriri:

Zenith securities charges me less than 1% ( 1.62% all inclusive) to buy. I think the commision rate is 1% flat. but you will need to have N5m to open an account.

Could it be because you are an insider?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2007
easimoni:

Could it be because you are an insider?

I also use Zenith Securties and their charges are 1.62% for buy and 1.91% for sell. However, I'm currently not happy with their services.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pangolo: 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2007
Nairalanders yeah,
I bought into an IPO in June and it still hasnt been listed on the NSE ( This SKye Shelter Fund of a thing). How do I know how my money is performing and if it is still alive sef??
What do I do gurus? Contact the issuing houses to ask about info or what?
This na hard earned pepper, ! grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2007
Vetiva charges 1.5% commission for both buy and sell. Inclusive of mandatory charges
buy becomes 2.435%
sell becomes 2.77%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingrd(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2007
My broker says I should buy UBA now. Any contrary/ supporting opinions out there?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2007
kingrd:

My broker says I should buy UBA now. Any contrary/ supporting opinions out there?

What reason did he give you for buying now Does he/she have insider jist
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jungle700: 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2007
koksieboy:

I also use Zenith Securties and their charges are 1.62% for buy and 1.91% for sell. However, I'm currently not happy with their services.

Koksiboy, Can you please say the reasons why you are not happy with Zenith Securities? Cos I am thinking of opening an account with them because of their low commission rates.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2007
this is an open question to the house guys

can one have 2 brokers?

i have a CSCS account and i'm thinking of opening a more risque account with another broker with money i can afford to lose (yeah right wink)

is this possible anyone?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ naijadr

yeah i'm in medicine too
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2007
aktopgun:

this is an open question to the house guys

can one have 2 brokers?

i have a CSCS account and i'm thinking of opening a more risque account with another broker with money i can afford to lose (yeah right wink)

is this possible anyone?

Yeah, it is possible. Each broker will have you registered with CSCS separately.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2007
@texas

i'm listening
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2007
I have modified my earlier post. I also have 2 brokers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2007
so i would have 2 cscs accounts?

wouldn't that be messy?

how easy would it be to align both accounts then?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2007
Not sure, but i was reading it somewhere that u can have the two the accounts linked together at CSCS, I think you have to subscribe for that. Let the Gurus come and chip in. U can move ur account to one of them when u are done with ur "stunt" grin.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2007
cheesy
stunt, i like that word
the "stunt" as u call it is just really some calculated risks (if ther's any such thing) for end of 1st quarter next year

fellas,

bank phb, definite buy it seems from what i've read so far

any dissenting voices?

gurus, et vous?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2007
Yodi,
SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
Get to your bank and ask for signature verification letter to the registrars.  You may be charged for the letter by the bank i think for postage and the service.  When the banks confirms your signature then the unit will be credited to you CSCS.
Cheers

Full apologies Yodiyokun,
This mail is meant for Mypeace

SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
Get to your bank and ask for signature verification letter to the registrars. You may be charged for the letter by the bank i think for postage and the service. When the banks confirms your signature then the unit will be credited to you CSCS.
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.