Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815745 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lokwe(m): 1:06pm On Apr 20, 2007
cheexy:

@k2
I just love the stock because they are grossly underpriced at 1.87 and their EPS 0.17, which is much higher than the EPS of companies such as PHB which sells at about 5 naira but its E.P.S is 0.12.
@ cheexy
pls what is EPS and what is the significance of the EPS to the share price value of a stock?
peace
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by olucooler(f): 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2007
Please does DEAP have a website where I can get more details about the offer?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2007
@ olucooler - www.deapcapital.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by unleashit(m): 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2007
On the 13th of April i sent a list of some securities to my stockbroker to find out if they are available, he called me back to find out how i came about the list, i only answered by asking how much all the securities i've asked him to buy for me has appreciated and he answered and said over a 100%.
Here are the names of the securities i asked him to check for me;
Afroil, C & L leasing, Sterling, Cappa, Costain, Nampak, Livestock, Access, fcmb, Fedelity, evans, ABC, Nig German,Cutix, First inland, Grommac, Japaul oil, Linkage assurance, Mutual benefit, nfi insurance, Unic, Okomu oil, Soverign insurance,Avon crown, Platinium,Skye, IPwa, NCR, Tomaswy, Lasaco, Union homes and challerams.
In the last one week i've been busy and this has prevented me from checking their percentage appreciation or depreciation, but since my stockbroker called me, i believe they are doing well. I would advise you all to monitor these securities.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2007
@ unleash_it 
You are either a magician or a prophet, for you to be able to predict all the juicy stocks on the NSE. I'll starts to awaits your next predictions.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2007
lokwe:

@ cheexy
please what is EPS and what is the significance of the EPS to the share price value of a stock?
peace
@lokwe
E.P.S means earning per share which is the amount of money your investment is making per share. If the earning per share of a company is high and the share price is really low, there is a high probability that it is underpriced and if there is a bullish run, it would wake up sooner or later. For all info on the stock market, pls go to stockmarketnigeria.com, register and download the free ebook. A beginner's guide to investing in the stock market. It is free and will give you the basic gist you need.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2007
@everyone, for info on any company just go to www.nigerianstockexchange.com, click quoted company and type in the company you want, after that click go, you will find out the company address, basic products, volume of shares traded, last time the stock was traded, web address, E.P.S, P.E etc. It is the official website of the nigerian stock exchange but the website is down at times.
@K2
From what i have gathered, stockswatch is not abroad. It only ciculates in Nigeria
@everyone
Did you know that few months after the financial reports saga of renowned Cadbury Nigeria plc, the company has stopped production in its Lagos plant. Information gathered revealed that the various production lines of the company have been idle in the last one month as no production has been authorized by management.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alanbolo(m): 10:27pm On Apr 20, 2007
@ cheexy, thx 4 d www.stockmarketnigeria.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rlst84sale(m): 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2007
@Cheexy

Thanks for the info. It's highly appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lokwe(m): 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2007
@Cheexy
thnx a zillion. i am really enjoying thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by diva4eva(f): 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2007
Hi peeps, any idea on why diamond bank shares got suspended.do they intend havin public offer. If so, any idea when dat could be?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 12:57am On Apr 22, 2007
diva4eva:

Hi peeps, any idea on why diamond bank shares got suspended.do they intend havin public offer. If so, any idea when that could be?
@diva4eva
They don't plan to do any public offer, the share price was put on technical suspension to allow the management to conclude the plans to create more shares for a foreign investor, Actis Limited to invest about 17 billion naira into the company. Didn't hear of any public offer coming up.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 1:04am On Apr 22, 2007
lokwe:

@Cheexy
thnx a zillion. i am really enjoying thread.

Rlst84sale:

@Cheexy

Thanks for the info. It's highly appreciated.

alanbolo:

@ cheexy, thx 4 d www.stockmarketnigeria.com

You are welcome cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 3:44am On Apr 22, 2007
@cheexy,

que 1. do you think we should acquire diamond bank

que2. if yes, do u hv an idea if it is scarce or openly avalaible

que3. whats on stockwatch at the moment now

gracia madame grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by diva4eva(f): 8:20am On Apr 22, 2007
@cheexy . Tanx a lot 4 dat info. Any idea when they'll resume tradin?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enolase(m): 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2007
Stockbrokers are generally only interested in making money for their firm, regardless of whether your stock is losing or not. Of course, stock investments are also risky. Ask the Cadbury investors who are still dipping their hands in cold water after getting them horribly burnt by the financial overstatement scam.

Best bet? Get a financial analyst on your payroll. At least since what he earns from you depends on how much he is able to grow your investment, a financial analyst will be more accountable.

Check out http://www.nairastocks.com. Might like it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2007
Tmoni
are you still with cashcraft, how is their service?

LB
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2007
@dis guy,

i do not hve an idea what cascraft means,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2007
Oops thought you signed up with cashcraft some time ago
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dele9000(m): 6:25pm On Apr 22, 2007
Just goin through financial standard now and i just can't believe what i just saw, dangsugar's now #56.00, i'm regretting why i didn't buy more o!just bought a meagre 1000 units, please who know when the share certificate will be sent, and can we collect it personally?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2007
i applied for a 100,000 units and was given a meagre 80,000

terrible on the registras side

@dis guy, no biggy
might be needing a new broker in the nearest future
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by diva4eva(f): 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2007
pls peeps, any news on transcorp?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2007
Tmoni:

i applied for a 100,000 units and was given a meagre 80,000

terrible on the registras side

@this guy, no biggy
might be needing a new broker in the nearest future

lucky you shocked shocked

im still looking for a good one from here
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dumsky(m): 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2007
Transcorp just signed a $1.2 billion deal on Nitel/Mtel with Vodacom. Cheering news for transcorp investors i must say.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2007
Dis Guy , I am with cashcraft and i can monitor my stocks online , I can also give buy or sell order from withing my account ,if u would like to talk to my account manager with them , i will be glad to give u the contact , all the best .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2007
thanks Egoldman, i'll really appreciate that cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2007
Your welcome my brother .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2007
@egoldman,
i will also appreciate the cashcraft contact no.,
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2007
Email me at denchuks@gmail.com , same also as yahoo chat id , i guess it may not be right to post them personal numbers here .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by thinkbig: 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2007
find out about spread betting and binary betting, you will make huge profit but YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

you do alot of research before you start trading.

make money day-trading.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 12:50am On Apr 23, 2007
I sent all my original Share certificates and signed CSCS forms by registered post to my brokers Afrinvest Ltd since March for deposition/registration with CSCS uptil now they have stated that it has not been received. is there a psossibility that the parcel could be hijacked by NIPOST staff and my shares illegally transfered ? What can I do to block the illegal sale of my shares (as I had enclosed signed CSCS forms too) ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 12:58am On Apr 23, 2007
Wow!
I think there is a way you can check your shares online with the cscs number not too sure though

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.