Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,328 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816737 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alanbolo(m): 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2007
@ Timoni, another gd news for GTB. Can now boldly give the sell order for June. made a comfortable profit.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbonla(m): 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2007
@cheexy,frank (the guru!)
You pple tickle me with your contributions here; just want to appreciate you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2007
Thanks igbonla
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2007
alanbolo:

We still have the next election
You mean the next (s)election. This results of this election was to prepare the way for PDP to do what they know how to do best at the presidential (s)election.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:24am On Apr 17, 2007
Tmoni:

. Full details of the released result are in the attached report

You omitted the report . Please post it here
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2007
cheexy:

It is true o. Mr frank, is that you? You used to sound extremely formal. What changed? I am feeling the real you.

How do you know who the real me is. Just one post in support of your view has revealed the real me . Ha. I am not a psychophant oh.
I have always been me. You are just seeing or hearing what you want to hear.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:35am On Apr 17, 2007
@ igbonla
You are welcome
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 7:44am On Apr 17, 2007
@cheexy, my stock broker is WSTC- Wall Street Trust Company, 28b Adeola Hopewell. VI. las gidi grin
i also got this too ysterday,

GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC
YEAR ENDED FEBRUARY 28, 2007
2007 2006
N'b N'b

Turnover 49.00 33.61 46%

PBT 15.72 10.48 50%
TAX (2.52) (2.18)
PAT & MI 13.20 8.30 59%

Final Dividend Proposed 50k
Bonus 1 for 4
Closure Date 02-May-07
Payment Date 24-May-07

Mr frank, this is what i got ooooo
i do not have the whole P/L, cash flow thingy,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 7:46am On Apr 17, 2007
i also got this too

Zenith Bank Plc released its interim results for 9 months period ended March 31, 2007. The bank grew its gross earnings by 49% and Profit after Tax by 69% when compared with the prior period. Full details of the released result are in the attached report.

ZENITH BANK PLC
9 MONTHS PERIOD ENDED MARCH 31, 2007
2007 2006
N'b N'b

Turnover 62.66 42.12 49%

PBT 17.65 11.08 59%
TAX (2.65) (2.22)
PAT 15.00 8.86 69%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 7:48am On Apr 17, 2007
at Mr Frank and Cheexy,

is there opportunity for a quick fix or i should wait until it is marked down
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SLEEKCHIC2(f): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2007
@ Tmoni Thanks a mill for the info. I bought GTbank at 5.30 and zenith at 10.60. I'll see my stock broker this week. I might fling or still hold on to the GTbank. haven't decided yet. But I'll definitely fling the zenith. grin grin

@frank I like your acronym for PDP. Kinda cool cool. Its terrible that we have a govt that imposes their candidates on us. In my state, Anambra state, there were no electoral officers and materials so no election took place. I anticipated it and that was y i bought transcorp. Sort of like turning lemon to lemon juice. thanks for all the contributions though

@ cheexy, thanks for your contributions too. U've been quite helpful. I enjoy reading your posts.

@everyone , i bought CCNN at N13. I have made 100% but I'm still hoping they would rise. Fundamental analysis is not on their side but the Nigerian mentality is. The price is dropping. Should i fling or wait a bit. Is it greed or am i trying to maximise profit? Does anyone know when their report is coming out?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ Sleek Chic,

CCNN end of year is Dec. 31st. Good luck with your decision, if you already made 100%, you might want to look into new opportunities coming up like First Bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sexychica: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2007
@frankriri
hi frank i must say that i have learnt a great deal from this thread and especially from u,i am a 25 yr old wrking class young lady that would like to invest funds to secure my future,i am self a confessed shopaholic and i tend to misuse my funds buying expensive clothes and gadgets,instead of saving and investing and i want this trend to stop,i really need your help,i would like to have a one on one conversation so u can tutor me better,it could be via phone or in person and im willing to pay consultation fees if need be.i could send u ny email address to send me ur phone no for discretion sake.God bless.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by fellybabe(f): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2007
@frankrir, pls am also interested. but i don't really know how to go abt it. i spent so much on material things. and i think it's high time i stopped especially now, that am married. my email address is fellyadet@gmail.com.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2007
@Frankiri,

Your contribution to this thread has certainly been valuable to most, particularly the newbees,
Must commend you for sharing good, well-informed opinion on this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2007
i just recieved this from my broker today

Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc released its three months interim results for period ended March 31, 2007. The company grew its turnover by 1% and Profit after Tax by 40% when compared with the prior period. The company has also declared an interim dividend of N0.40 per share. Closure of register will be on April 23, 2007. Full details of the released result are in the attached report.

DANGOTE SUGAR REFINERY PLC
3 MONTHS PERIOD ENDED MARCH 31, 2007
2007 2006
N'b N'b

Turnover 20.04 19.88 1%

PBT 7.16 3.82 87%
TAX (1.79) -  
PAT & MI 5.37 3.82 40%

Interim Dividend Proposed 40k
Closure Date 23-Apr-07

looks like our investment is getting close to the N70 axis,
i feel so bad for the money that was returned to me but overall happines
e go better for dangote grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alanbolo(m): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2007
for those of us who have found Frank post  useful, it might be worthwhile to check his investment club out at ----

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bettainvestmentclub        I've gain a lot from there as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2007
oshkosh:

I believe very strongly that Zenith and First bank would hit N55 within the next 5 months (Zenith sooner).  If your outlook is end of year (December), then I'll add UBA and Oceanic to that list.

@ Oshkosh, can you let us know why you think Oceanic should be on that list? I'm not too keen on their biz strategy plus the fact that the Bayelsa govt is heavily involved in the bank and will have to divest due to the recent CBN pronouncement and also the fact that they're heavily dependent on government business. Is there something else you know that makes you think the share price will rise to N55 within the next 5months? Pls let us know.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2007
Tmoni:

i just recieved this from my broker today

Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc released its three months interim results for period ended March 31, 2007. The company grew its turnover by 1% and Profit after Tax by 40% when compared with the prior period. The company has also declared an interim dividend of N0.40 per share. Closure of register will be on April 23, 2007. Full details of the released result are in the attached report.

DANGOTE SUGAR REFINERY PLC
3 MONTHS PERIOD ENDED MARCH 31, 2007
2007 2006
N'b N'b

Turnover 20.04 19.88 1%

PBT 7.16 3.82 87%
TAX (1.79) -
PAT & MI 5.37 3.82 40%

Interim Dividend Proposed 40k
Closure Date 23-Apr-07

looks like our investment is getting close to the N70 axis,
i feel so bad for the money that was returned to me but overall happines
e go better for dangote grin grin

I'm actually worried about the fact that they were able to increase their top-line by just 1%. I would have expected higher growth considering that they're virtually a monopoly. But anyway, I hear they're planning to begin exports next year so that should be good. I expect they should be able to double EPS within the next 1 year at least, considering the 40% growth in PAT. So perhaps we should be looking at a cummulative dividend of somewhere in the range of N2 - N2.5. Anyone have any takers? Where do you see the share price one year from now? I have a good feeling this stock will be the next nestle . . .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2007
alanbolo:

for those of us who have found Frank post useful, it might be worthwhile to check his investment club out at ----

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bettainvestmentclub I've gain a lot from there as well.

Thanks for doing my job for me
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:05pm On Apr 17, 2007
windywendy:

@ Oshkosh, can you let us know why you think Oceanic should be on that list? I'm not too keen on their biz strategy plus the fact that the Bayelsa govt is heavily involved in the bank and will have to divest due to the recent CBN pronouncement and also the fact that they're heavily dependent on government business. Is there something else you know that makes you think the share price will rise to N55 within the next 5months? Please let us know.
With the dearth of good stocks in the market Dangote may hit N70 soon. Their monoploy and pioneer status (A company with pioneer status is exempted from tax for the first 3 years, in the first instance, of its operations. This can be extended for a further two years) makes the stock a sweet one indeed. I wont be surprised if the stock hits N70 soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2007
@sexychica, fellybabe
You can reach me on 2782022 , 8983359, 08023193640.
I'll be organising a seminar for my club members sometime in May.
The Venue will be Upper Lounge, Tantalizers 22 road Festac.
The date and time will be conveyed via the our web page later.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ oshkosh
You are welcome
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2007
windywendy:

@ Oshkosh, can you let us know why you think Oceanic should be on that list? I'm not too keen on their biz strategy plus the fact that the Bayelsa govt is heavily involved in the bank and will have to divest due to the recent CBN pronouncement and also the fact that they're heavily dependent on government business. Is there something else you know that makes you think the share price will rise to N55 within the next 5months? Please let us know.
I dont think Bayelsa is involved in Oceanic. Its only Delta state govt that I know of.
In Naija govt patronage is never really a hindrance as long as it is within certain limits. The worst is that a new Goverment would move the funds deposited with them. But the CBN is already taking measures to reduce the risk of this happening in the system. So I dont find that a problem with Oceanic. No state Government has up to 10% of its stock so it does not fall under the CBN classification of banks that govts have to divest from.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2007
mr frank,

at least we not in the country too should benefit from your wise investment analysis,
expect us to call you too
i am with you on it going up to N70 soon.

i bought Access at an average of 10.60 and its closed at 15.56 today,
do u think it will rise to N20?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pamit(m): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2007
Igwe frank I also salute o! cheesy. I am in the take of Dangote hitting 70 and I see Zenith hitting the roof by June, once their full year acct is made public. Does anyone knows if any insurance Co is coming to the primary market soon?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2007
frankiriri:

I don't think Bayelsa is involved in Oceanic. Its only Delta state govt that I know of.
In Naija govt patronage is never really a hindrance as long as it is within certain limits. The worst is that a new Goverment would move the funds deposited with them. But the CBN is already taking measures to reduce the risk of this happening in the system. So I don't find that a problem with Oceanic. No state Government has up to 10% of its stock so it does not fall under the CBN classification of banks that govts have to divest from.

Sorry, I meant to say Delta state govt. I'm not aware that the Delta state govt has reduced its deposits in oceanic -- the last time I checked, no such thing had happened. I thought the FG told other govts to move their deposits from banks to the CBN??

So my question is what happens to oceanic's turnover if these funds are moved out? And what's the driver behind the N55 prediction in the next 5 months?

I'm not saying there's a problem with oceanic, I just personally don't see the share price going to N55 in the next 5months. I'ld say based on P/E, a reasonable target would be N30 - N32. But then there might be some info i might be missing out on. So if anyone knows anything, I'ld be happy to know it too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by feelgood(m): 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2007
Has anyone been watching ABC transport? It's shares have been steadily rising since it got listed on the exchange. Also the company has rapidly been expanding it's operations nationwide and its fleet has greatly increased. Recently, it entered into a business partnership with fidelity bank on e
booking and payments.
Any comments/advise from the pros out there?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2007
@windywendy
I believe very strongly that Zenith and First bank would hit N55 within the next 5 months (Zenith sooner).  If your outlook is end of year (December), then I'll add UBA and Oceanic to that list.

If you have read my comment properly, then you'd have noticed that the prediction was of N55 was for Zenith and First bank. And I stand by this, as they near their year end.

And I stand by my view that, on current and projected earnings of Oceanic bank, I see no reason why Oceanic price will not double by December.

I know there are insinuations that withdrawal of gov funds from banks would affect the cashflow / turnover of Oceanic bank in particular, but I'm not convinced this will affect Oceanic any  more than Zenith, UBA or first bank for that matter.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2007
so it is advisable to vigorously purchase oceanic,

the year end is not too far for oceanic for N32,

nobody talking on ACCESS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2007
I work in the credit risk management group of one of the leading banks and So I am privy to information that indicates that Banks are still in possesion of public funds. The withdrawa; was temporal. It has happened before and it would happen again. However I still dont think it would materially affect my bank or Oceanic as long as sufficient notice is given it would only increase the cost of short term funds.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2007
@Frankariri,
Ah ah Mr Frank, i was just marvelled at your tone nowwww kiss. Why are you now being defensive? It was just a joke, my eyes used to ache by just reading your post until i got used to your style of writing. You are good and we all appreciate you no doubt. So you can imagine my shock when i read your excitement on the transcorp issue.
@everybody
CCNN was grossly overpriced at 33.41 and is still overpriced at 28.41 (today's price) and i think if you have made a 100% gain, you should start thinking of selling as their current price doesn't support the loss after tax of 225 million compared with the profit after tax of 145.7 million recorded in the comparative period. You would remember that the price was once pegged at 21.57 for a while. It was becuse they planned to a right issue/ public offer at N6.50 naira. NSE aborted it but they insist that it was suspended. Personally, when i start hearing so many explanations and big grammer, i dumped the stuff. The dividend is not going to increase from 10 kobo which was paid in 2004. It is just enjoying the attention the building sector is enjoying. You can read it up on Stockswatch of this week on page 3. You might want to keep it, it is all your choice.
@Timoni
Thanks for all the info, pls could you get info on grommac? I agree with you on oceanic, the GTB thing is a rumour and has not been confirmed but the price will continue to rise.
I have got a terrible headache and i have got to go to bed before my eyes drop out of their sockets wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.