Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815958 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 1:22am On Apr 23, 2007
@londoncool

OMG shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Obamedo: 3:37am On Apr 23, 2007
@Londoncool
Did you make phottocopies?
If you did you need to get in contact with CSCS immediately with the photocopies so they can halt any impending sales etc and put the certificates on a watch list in case they show up

It might mean going to Nigeria and doing the legwork yourself to ensure a result

Good Luck
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by unleashit(m): 8:52am On Apr 23, 2007
@ londoncool
Relax, you would not loose your certificates,they would surely get to their destination,Nigerians generally don't like paper work and transfering shares invovles paper work. Further more, verification is very meticulous, any body that wants to transfer your shares would also need a stock brooker who would ask for verification of identity either tru drivers' license or international passport. There are also situations were verifications were denied as a result of irregular signature. For anybody to hijack your certificate,the person has to be good at the act of certificate transfer and i don't see anybody at nipost wasting so much time to wait for share certificates that don't pass through it regularly. Once again, RELAX and see you in risky business.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by battleaxe: 9:52am On Apr 23, 2007
Cheexy, just thought I should correct your report here. The Cadbury plant in Lagos is still producing. The various production lines like you said have not been idle either in the last one month or before. Not blaming you, but it might be good to verify the accuracy of the info people give you before publishing them. Nice day.

@everyone
Did you know that few months after the financial reports saga of renowned Cadbury Nigeria plc, the company has stopped production in its Lagos plant. Information gathered revealed that the various production lines of the company have been idle in the last one month as no production has been authorized by management.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 9:59am On Apr 23, 2007
@diva4eva,
Diamond bank should still be selling on the floor. The fact that the price is on technical suspension doesn't mean that the shares can't be traded on the floor of the nigerian stock exchange.
@egoldman
What is the minimum amount required to open an account with cash craft. I didn't see it on their website and their conditions were too many. Are you allowed to dictate what you want to buy or do they manage your portfolio for you? My cousin is interested in opening an account with them, and she would like to be in charge of her affairs but when i downloaded their form, i didn't like the too many conditions. Give me gist.
@Timoni,
I am not in the position to know whether diamond will do well cos I am not a stockbroker and even if I was, there are many factors that might affect a good company. The bear might set in, election wahala etc. You still have to do the work of reading the finanacial statement. I have not bought stockswatch today cos I have been indoors. When I do, ill feel you in
@battleaxe,
How did you confirm that they have been producing? Do you work there?Pls give us gist
@everyone,
Did you know that NAHCO has declared a bonus issue of 2 for 3? Good news or bad news, you decide.
Pls who has bought Afroil, Japaul oil, Livestock feed and grommac recently? How available are they?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Obamedo: 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2007
@cheexy
Cashcraft state N1 million minimum but you can negotiate and open the account with a lower amount as long as you will be a regular investor
I have been using them since Feb/March this year

I must say the Nigerian factor is also an issue with them

, slow to respond to emails, requests, purchase orders etc

But the website is good and you can just about folllow your investments online when the website is updated that is
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2007
I Just opened with Zenith Securities - I found their services to be excellent,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2007
@Obamedo,
That is what i do, i use their website to monitor my portfolio. I guess i just have to recommend mine to her.
@savvylanre
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2007
@ Cheexy - this is also my beef with Cashcraft.

slow to respond to emails, requests, purchase orders etc

Do you mind sharing who your broker is? That is if all the above is the exact opposite with you.

@ SavvyLanre - Please update us with how the service with Zenith runs, as you go along.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Okejazz(m): 10:02pm On Apr 23, 2007
Does anyone here know anything about IBB's (Babangida) involvement in the stock ticker ERHE (EHRC ENERGY INC.) trading in the US market? This is a penny stock allegedly attributed to a few of his oil blocks in the territorial waters of Sao Tome & Principe. If'y'all do please give me heads up.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 1:06am On Apr 24, 2007
Hey people, GTB @ 36.99 vs UBA @ 37.99 for medium term undecided

can anyone please recommend some kobo stocks that will do well, please share cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 4:05am On Apr 24, 2007
@egoldman
What is the minimum amount required to open an account with cash craft. I didn't see it on their website and their conditions were too many. Are you allowed to dictate what you want to buy or do they manage your portfolio for you? My cousin is interested in opening an account with them, and she would like to be in charge of her affairs but when i downloaded their form, i didn't like the too many conditions. Give me gist.

@cheexy
Cashcraft state N1 million minimum but you can negotiate and open the account with a lower amount as long as you will be a regular investor
I have been using them since Feb/March this year

I must say the Nigerian factor is also an issue with them

, slow to respond to emails, requests, purchase orders etc

But the website is good and you can just about folllow your investments online when the website is updated that is

I also registered with cashcraft around same time Feb this year ,one of their agents told me that i could start with 50,000 naira , and later the one that became my account manager told me i could start with even 10,000 naira , and actually the first money i deposited to their account was only 40,000 naira to test them ,i have built it up from there ,but they didnt complain of the amount ,they bought stocks for me with it .
Below is a quote from an email sent to me by my account manager when i asked about the minimum that required to register with them, i don't know about the 1 million naira thing ,except if its a new rule ;

you can call me with the below numbers anytime of the day .Thanks you will receive the best service and superior returns on your investment .you can start with N10,000 to a trillion , little by little you will get to the top.what to know more about us .go to www.cashcraft.com
They did have some server problem sometimes back which made it hard to login to your account , but that has been fixed and i could log in and view my account details ,i can also view my cscs account details from withing my cashcraft account , also there are features to give buy or sell orders from withing my account .
i do think they have a good research team and have lots of updated info on their site which you can make use of even if u are not registered with them .
one thing i don't like about them is that sometimes they would be slow to respond tour orders , but i think this has to do with the growth of the company, they are over two decade in the brokerage biz and its seems they are getting short of staff to accommodate their growing client base.i hope they would improve on that .
good thing about them is that your account details are safe at least to logical conclusion, they have secured site which u will notice one u try to login and the http protocol would change to https , so the chance of someone stealing your info and giving false order on your behalf does not arise .
they do have account where you can deposit money and it would be credited to your account , i don't use this as i pay them from Nigeria .
Zenithsecurities has good services too , have a very professional website both in design and programming, they have this nice feature that would send u instant notification whenever there is buy or sell order executed on your account , though the cashcraft people seem to have a better research team .my beef with them is that they have 1 million minimum for dealing with them .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 8:50am On Apr 24, 2007
@egoldman
Thanks a bunch for the info
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by junegirl(f): 9:20am On Apr 24, 2007
Can someone please advice on which fund manager to use. I like the weekly report that Futureview gives but they seem to be limiting their services to high net worth individuals. I understand Cashcraft is quite slow in responding to emails and stuff, and that's the most convenient way to communicate now. Some others like Northbridge, who also seem to be efficient don't like to hear amounts like 50k, 100k.
SO where can i open an account with as little as 50k and still get quality, efficient service and profits?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Obamedo: 10:21am On Apr 24, 2007
@everyone

I have heard so many good reports aboout Zenith securities.
I am going to open an account with them next week

I will give you all feedback about the whole procedure

It does pay to diversify and use a few brokers
I am the resident financial adviser and broker for my family so i need to have different brokers managing different accounts for all the family members i invest for

Happy Investing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2007
junegirl:

Can someone please advice on which fund manager to use. I like the weekly report that Futureview gives but they seem to be limiting their services to high net worth individuals. I understand Cashcraft is quite slow in responding to emails and stuff, and that's the most convenient way to communicate now. Some others like Northbridge, who also seem to be efficient don't like to hear amounts like 50k, 100k.
SO where can i open an account with as little as 50k and still get quality, efficient service and profits?

it seems none of them is good in everything , some are good with their minimum requirements while others are good in their quick response ,some are good with their research team while others are good with the kind of updated information you can find of their site , the best is to try to see which one comes closest to your needs and use them .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ckenneths(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2007
Have anybody tried Fidelity Union Securities, heard its a branch of Fidelity bank. Minimum of 50k, they also offer margin facilities.

Iheard they are fast but that may be as a result of fewer clientale, they just started last year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2007
Is this an end to the Dangote run or the stock is taking a breather to recharge?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noble2007(m): 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2007
@ Dis Guy,
i recommend u go for AFROIL,most likely it wil reach N5 or higher
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2007
Trust yields securities is ok. The basic thing if for you to have a cordial relationship with your officer so that you can be treated as priority even if you dont have so much money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2007
noble2007:

@ Dis Guy,
i recommend u go for AFROIL,most likely it wil reach N5 or higher

I hope you've seen their recent (very dismal) result, and I hope you don't get caught holding the bag by the time it starts to crash.

One word of caution: Don't gamble. Research, research and research again before you buy any stock! If it's worth putting your money into, it's definitely worth the ground work.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2007
Anyone with Afroil website link ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 12:29am On Apr 25, 2007
Thanks @ egoldman, got the contact info wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:02am On Apr 25, 2007
Read in the papers that Access Bank is calling for an extra ordinary general meeting to authorise them to raise up N100b from the capital market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pamit(m): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2007
Govt raises minimum fund portfolios for capital market (http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02)

A NEW minimum capital base was yesterday approved by the Federal Government for all capital market operators in the country, with December 31, 2008 as deadline.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Esther Nenadi Usman who announced the new minimum capital requirements, also approved a reduction in transaction costs in the capital market by about 40 per cent.

By the approvals, average equities transaction cost in the primary market, which currently stands at 6.92 per cent, has been reduced to 4.32 per cent, while transaction cost on bonds has been reduced from 7.03 per cent to 4.79 per cent.

In the secondary market, total transaction costs on equities have also been slashed.

For instance, equities transaction cost on the buy side has been reduced from 4.07 per cent to 2.36 per cent, while the commission on the sales is now 2.65 per cent from the earlier cost of 4.12 per cent. This took effect from yesterday.

Besides, underwriting of all offers has now been made mandatory and all Public Offers and Right Issues will henceforth be 80 per cent underwritten.

This, according to SEC, is to reduce the incidence of under-subscription and ensure that the issuing houses and stockbrokers have higher stakes in the issues they bring to the market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Talktrue(m): 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2007
Can anyone please comment on the average annual returns from mutual fund investment especially from the Big players (IBTC, BGL etc)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 1:08am On Apr 26, 2007
@pamit,
Thats good news! cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 5:51am On Apr 26, 2007
Dis Guy:

Thanks @ egoldman, got the contact info wink

your welcome my brother ., remember to tell her Daniel gave you her contacts grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:10am On Apr 26, 2007
pamit:

Govt raises minimum fund portfolios for capital market (http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02)

Wrong link. Please provide the right one or give us the actual figures for each cartegory of operator
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 11:03am On Apr 26, 2007
Please, does anyone have the Union Registrar contact details - I still haven't received my share certificate yet.
I found the contact on the link below - but, i have not been able to get through, and no response to my email either,

http://www.unionbankng.com/unionmerchant.htm

Any, help would be highly appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by joshO: 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2007
@SavvyLanre,

Where are you based?

I informed a friend of mine about the Union Bank IPO last year and he participated. All this time he had been expecting his certificate, but I found the number for the UK office and gave it to him to call. The union bank office turned out to be accross the street from his office in London, he just walked in there and picked it up. They were even asking were he had been all the time!!

Why they don't communicate with people properly beats me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pamit(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2007
@frank

the link was only valid till yesterday. You can check the story @ proshare.

The market is beginning to look bearish, guess it's a good time to buy some nice chunks of equities from pessimistic investors. The basic rule still remains: "buy from the pessimists and sell to the optimists"

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.