Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,516 members, 7,854,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819150 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Thanks,

I am sure you know that this 25% nd 30% profiteering thing is very common with people who buy large amounts of stocks especially with borrowed funds in Nigeria here.

They could gain 25% twice or thrice within the space of a few months and this tends to help them pay off those loan facilities quickly.

Na them dey cause these profit taking for market oh.

I have a question for you and my big bros no vex

How did you know Intercontinental was going to drop above 4% ie 4.24% because you sold yours yesterday.

Thanks and I'm still sticking to the game plan. Waiting for those low levels before I rally in

Thanks bro and I am grateful

I guess you're already beginning to know were this comes from.
Yes i know they're and a lot of time has been spent researching and monitoring.
If everybody keeps buying,buying,buying,it'll never go down.
There's at least N600bn of borrowed money in the NSE and those who know how to manage it are a select group.
They have a regular,peculiar and for me now predictable pattern which i have studied over some years now.
Intercontinental reached a new 52week high yesterday and i suspected the high could either end yesterday or Today so i sold yesterday when i was sure
there would be buyers.
I've been hammering on Thursdays and Fridays.
Over time watch what happens on those two critical days on the NSE.its either a buy day or a sell day?.
Mind you a lot of research is done before i take a plunge or make an exit.

On another note i think some nairalanders should tone down dirty language.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2007
aktopgun:

@wanajo et pumping

all the info we collect over the next three years (god willing we are all alive and still solvent cheesy) can easily be used to start a website with uptodate analysis and info for the nigerian market, something thats lacking currently.
complete with charts and ratios and good for both fundamentalists and suicide bombers (still can't get over that joke)

aktopgun, your email is hidden. If you send me your e-mail address at ade_aoa at yahoo dot com I will send something to you now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

aktopgun, your email is hidden. If you send me your e-mail address at ade_aoa at yahoo dot com I will send something to you now.

@Wanaj0,

You know my email, I wouldnt mind a copy as well
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2007
@wanajo

sent u an e-mail boss.
hope u got it.
i await ur response
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2007
yodiyokun:

@Wanaj0,

You know my email, I wouldnt mind a copy as well

It was actually meant for you and one other person. Check your mailbox it should be there now. Just added him to it because it may be of use to him.

cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2007
yodiyokun:

@Pumping,

I hope to critically review that your spreadsheet over the weekend.

I am sure I will have loads of questions - can I have your email address.

So I can take my nagging questions off the thread.

Thanks

pumping777 (at) yahoo (dot) com

@Wanaj0 - See my email for here too o  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2007
pumping777:

pumping777 (at) yahoo (dot) com

@Wanaj0 - See my email for here too o grin
No sweat!!!!!!!! Hope it was not junk!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2007
@wanajo

u are the man!!!!

wow this is impressive.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
i am at work now but can hardly wait to digest this at home, thats if she doesn't go into labour tonight
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2007
@wanajo
pls share the love grin
temietope at gmail.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2007
@wanajo

no! no! no!

i feel like i'm in seventh heaven.
may the good lord bless u real good

this makes my work and analysis so much easier. i owe u one BIG TIME man.

Respect!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

Wetin happen?

Let me give you another one 'Oral Diarrhoea'
Another word comes to mind Motor-mouth
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2007
aktopgun:

@wanajo

no! no! no!

i feel like i'm in seventh heaven.
may the good lord bless u real good

this makes my work and analysis so much easier. i owe u one BIG TIME man.

Respect!

That is premature ejaculation!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2007
Temmie10:

@wanajo
please share the love grin
temietope at gmail.com

Identify yourself. Fundamentalist or suicide bomber?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2007
aktopgun:

i am at work now but can hardly wait to digest this at home, thats if she doesn't go into labour tonight

carry the analysis go inside labour ward grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All the best mate!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
@roughcut

grin grin grin grin

u want make oyinbo throw me commot!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

na wah for you o, havent we been together on this thread for a while
abeg share the love
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DDOTS1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2007
@wanajo

I beg, I dey here too oo.   One of the numerous silent readers.  I beg please send a copy to d-two at hotmail dot com

Secondly, bought Diamond bank at 18.00.  What do you reckon the price would be in say 3 to 6 months.  Or d'you reckon its best to hold for longer than that?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2007
Oga wanajo abeg I just emailed you, pls can u send me a copy too? grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Wanaj0

I am speechless.  

RESPECT.

God bless you real good.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DDOTS1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2007
@wanajo

Oops, wrong email address. its d-two at hotmail dot co dot uk.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2007
No offence meant
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

i used to be a fundamentalist which makes me a Talibani but i have graduated now i'm running after technical analysis so hopefully with the help of easimoni(whenever he comes from his self-imposed break) we can add a couple of columns for technical indicators and stoc oscillators

i'm still scratching my head for a name for this new school although this discipline is more suited for traders and short-termers but its  in no way intended for suicide  or momentum investorswell everybody is welcome sha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Wanaj0,

As a keen enthusiast of Warren Buffets "Focus Investment  Strategy"  I did raise my eyebrows when you earlier mentioned that you had around 40 Stock in your portfolio, but your later explanation about keeping tabs and opportunities on the others that made up 10% of your portfolio did make a lot of sense. I was about doing a clear out of my straggling Stock in order to streamline it to 15 (in line with Warren Buffetts ideal) but I am doing a rethink as they constitute less than 10 % of my portfolio ( I have 23 and about buying 4 more  and selling 12 off).

A summary of the Warren Buffet Way involves:

Choosing a few (ten to fifteen) outstanding companies that have achieved above-average returns in the past and that you believe have the a high probability of continuing their past strong performance into the future.

Allocating your investment funds proportionately, placing the biggest bets on the highest-probability events.

Leaving the portfolio largely intact for at least 5 years, and teach yourself to ride through the bumps of price volatility with equanimity (as long as things don't deteriorate) .

They key is in Stock picking.

As a GROWTH INVESTOR I bought 1,000 units of FBN Shares for N6,000 and 3,000 units of UACN Property for N9,000 in 1996 as my first Stock and like you said it is only TIME that stops someone from building a N1b portfolio-it is achievable.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2007
aktopgun:

My thoughts are with you and madam.

Temmie10:

na wah for you o, havent we been together on this thread for a while
abeg share the love

my brother, never you assume. taht's the first law of safety. It is proprietary information that has to be sent on a need to know basis.

Believe me, nothing spectalur about it. No analysis, no BUY or Sell information. No investment strategy etc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2007
@wanajo
does that mean u are sending it?
i dun play with stocks that dun have fundamentals,
thanks cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Wanajo,

That's what you are doing already.   Do this for 3 years and you will have more infomation than all those analysts that write useless reports. You will have information that will be unrivalled. That's the kind of information people should be acquiring. Information is power. Investing is a long distance race. So all the premature ejaculation is nothing!

Oga Wanaj0,

premature ejaculation shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

See no evil,

hear no evil,

Speak no evil

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2007
LondonCool:

@Wanaj0,

As a keen enthusiast of Warren Buffets "Focus Investment  Strategy"  I did raise my eyebrows when you earlier mentioned that you had around 40 Stock in your portfolio, but your later explanation about keeping tabs and opportunities on the others that made up 10% of your portfolio did make a lot of sense. I was about doing a clear out of my straggling Stock in order to streamline it to 15 (in line with Warren Buffetts ideal) but I am doing a rethink as they constitute less than 10 % of my portfolio ( I have 23 and about buying 4 more  and selling 12 off).

A summary of the Warren Buffet Way involves:

Choosing a few (ten to fifteen) outstanding companies that have achieved above-average returns in the past and that you believe have the a high probability of continuing their past strong performance into the future.

Allocating your investment funds proportionately, placing the biggest bets on the highest-probability events.

Leaving the portfolio largely intact for at least 5 years, and teach yourself to ride through the bumps of price volatility with equanimity (as long as things don't deteriorate) .

They key is in Stock picking.

As a GROWTH INVESTOR I bought 1,000 units of FBN Shares for [b]N6,000 and 3,000 units of UACN Property for N9,000 in 1996 as my first Stock and like you said it is only TIME that stops someone from building a N1b portfolio-it is achievable.
[/b]

My brother, all those things are easier said than done. Emotions, herd mentality etc make people to do otherwise.

Also, the peculiarity of NSE makes it unique.

yodiyokun:

@Wanaj0,

Hmmm what can I say , for once I am dumbstruck.

This should be tagged an intellectual asset because this is what it is.

This must have taken a lot of discipline, committment and hardwork.

People with such traits are hard to find and I doff my cap to you.

Thats why when you talk on this forum, everyone is eager to hear what you have to say because na expertise dey talk.

I hope you have thought about starting a consulting gig with this wealth of information you have.
A wise pastor told me last week - your most important assets should come from within (knowldege).

In this arena, you have it !

My pastoral calling will not allow me to do that. I am a pastor by calling, an engineer by training and an invesor as hobby!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know that you don't respect privacy!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

[/b]

My brother, all those things are easier said than done. Emotions, herd mentality etc make people to do otherwise.

Also, the peculiarity of NSE makes it unique.

My pastoral calling will not allow me to do that. I am a pastor by calling, an engineer by training and an invesor as hobby!!!!!!!!!!

Now I know that you don't respect privacy!!!!!!!

That is why you are one of the  'elders' on this forum. I go hook up you by e-mail over the weekend make good thing no pass me by. I get flight to catch
You actually mean building a N1B portfolio is a hobby for you? I go begin pray say make God give me zeal and consumate passion to start taking this hobby more seriously grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DDOTS1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Londoncool,

What charting software do you use and how do you feed the Nigerian Stock exchange data into it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2007
Got a lot of e-mails!!! What I sent will be of no use to most people. Ignore the premature ejaculation on this thread. I sent a proprietary information which should not be on a public forum and it was meant for selected few that I believe will have need of it. It is not a SELL or BUY signal. It is not a charting software. It is really nothing special. Believe me!!!!!

Be rest assured that I will always make available for the general use information that will benefit all. I go for a win win situation.

No one should feel offended if I am not able to respond to their request. Hope there will be no hard feelings.

cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Wanajo,

Must commend you on the spreadsheet. Similar to what FSDH has but took a lot of effort at modifying.

But that does not mean you will rest because I know my naija brothers even myself, we still like advise even when we know the thing to do.

Just to make sure.

Whether fundamentalist or suicide bombers, na person go buy wetin person wan sell and na person go sell wetin person wan buy.

This market is being dictated by these guys who take big loans to trade. I met this guy who took a loan of about N15 million to trade in stocks. Na them dey make market go see-saw but its important you know what you do.

@ Nairalanders,

be careful how you invest

If you can't take the pain, dont take the risk oh

Zenith Public Offer, a must buy and always in your best interest

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.