Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819098 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ololufemi

its still out on the 6th of dec, isn't it. we shall be waiting for the prospectus

no sweat
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Wanajo,

Must commend you on the spreadsheet. Similar to what FSDH has but took a lot of effort at modifying.

But that does not mean you will rest because I know my naija brothers even myself, we still like advise even when we know the thing to do.

Just to make sure.

Whether fundamentalist or suicide bombers, na person go buy wetin person wan sell and na person go sell wetin person wan buy.

This market is being dictated by these guys who take big loans to trade. I met this guy who took a loan of about N15 million to trade in stocks. Na them dey make market go see-saw but its important you know what you do.

@ Nairalanders,

be careful how you invest

If you can't take the pain, don't take the risk oh

Zenith Public Offer, a must buy and always in your best interest

If you take your eyes of the daily flunctuations and the emotional roller coaster that goes with it, things will be better.

Well for everyone that took a loan and make profit, there are others that took loans and made a loss.

have a friend who made a killing with BCC. Bought 1million units at <6.00. Sold teh bonus above 60.00. Collected a margin facility of close to N60m. Bought WAPCo at above 80.00 with the hype about bonus etc. When the result of WAPCo came out, he gave a sell order to cut his losses but WAPCo was already at 65.00 before he could buy.

With the profit from BCC, he took a risk that was not really necessary!!!!! He learnt the hard way now.

So, seen the good, the bad and the ugly!!!!

you and this your Zenith offer na wa OOOO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2007
i probably won't be liquid enough by then to even be interested and the companies i have in my portfolio are NOT FOR SALE just yet

but we'll wait and see, who knows, xmas may come early this year
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

So, seen the good, the bad and the ugly!!!!

Hmmmmmmm,
THE ONE AND ONLY EXPERIENCED GUY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ wanajo

U just have to send me this spread sheet by fire by force grin olamilekan543at yahoo.com

@easimoni

Did you run because of the "talibans" and "suicide bombers? U better come back from your "self exile" nairaland is getting interesting grin

@at all

This is the spirit we want, looking out for each others back! There is more than enough money for everybody to make on NSE and you cant make mine with yours! Lets continue to share the love.

PEACE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Wanajo,

This market is being dictated by these guys who take big loans to trade. I met this guy who took a loan of about N15 million to trade in stocks. Na them dey make market go see-saw but its important you know what you do.

I think you are too conservative with this figure. I'm not sure the market will notice someone with N15 Million except the person is going after penny stocks. To cause a price Tsunami in this market you need much more than that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
FatherOF2:

Hmmmmmmm,

unfortunately, I am too young to go with that title. Guess you give a dog a big name in order to HANG it.

There are many elders and elder emeritus on this site.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dinvestor: 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2007
FatherOF2:

Hmmmmmmm,

Kudos to all the expert analysts on this forum. I have followed this thread for a few months now and like many have said it is a wealth of information.
I have not had anything to contribute and so have not. However I feel compelled to butt in at this stage to reprimand Fatherof2 for persistently passing snide comments at Wanajo's contributions.
It defaces your (fatherof2) good contributions to this forum & detracts from the main aim of this forum, which is to share one's knowledge & experience (if they so wish).
Personally I think as with all things Nigerian, we are beginning to let our egos get the better of us.
Please let us all re-focus and remain within the boundaries of constructive criticism.
Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BabaOlu(m): 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Wanajo,
Pls Ooooo. I am your addent reader on this thread. Pls send me the Spreadsheet, I take God beg you. My email is oglumide at yahoo . com.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2007
pumping777:

I think you are too conservative with this figure. I'm not sure the market will notice someone with N15 Million except the person is going after penny stocks. To cause a price Tsunami in this market you need much more than that.

N15m by 1,000 people is material!!!! Most of them only hear that they make money on NSE and they jumped in. The brokers also are not helping matters. They are over trading because of the commissions they get. Really a fool and his money are soon parted

With the way things are, expect a dip in March when the financial yaer end of most bank will occur except the PFA funds comes in to help. Many people are highly geared now. I fear that some will even lose their capital with the margin facility. Not good to do things that you don't understand. Imagine people collecting loans to buy the First Bank PO!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2007
dinvestor:

Kudos to all the expert analysts on this forum. I have followed this thread for a few months now and like many have said it is a wealth of information.
I have not had anything to contribute and so have not. However I feel compelled to butt in at this stage to reprimand Fatherof2 for persistently passing snide comments at Wanajo's contributions.
It defaces your (fatherof2) good contributions to this forum & detracts from the main aim of this forum, which is to share one's knowledge & experience (if they so wish).
Personally I think as with all things Nigerian, we are beginning to let our egos get the better of us.
Please let us all re-focus and remain within the boundaries of constructive criticism.
Thanks.

My brother, nothing to worry about!!! This is a faceless forum to start with. Anyone that gets angry over the internet need to get his head examined. Nothing said here take or remove from my person. So no hard feelings.

i got more punches during the Access bank PO when someone wrote a damning report on Access Bank. Though I like objectivity, in a faceless forum, you will not always get it.

I like fatherof2's contribution. It is a comic relief. But for a marathon race, I am not that bothered about what is happening at the 100m point.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2007
STOCK FIELD MARSHAL WANAJ0,

What is your take with Oceanic bank plc?.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Pumping

The guy that took N15 million is not the only one investing in the market.

I got a facility of about N2 million which I intend to invest instead of purchasing another car.

This applies to about 200 of my colleagues and immediate junior colleagues inclusive.

Thats about N300 million which is being financed from about 4 banks our firm has business relations with.

That is just one firm and a small part of its employees.

I remember that I met one Executive Director of a bank who was complaining that the share price of a particular organisation did not rise and he took a huge loan to purchase loads of those shares. The figure was about a hundred of million

Even banks give money to brokers to purchase their shares in the primary or secondary market and no be small money.

I no talk sey N15 million dey shake market but look at it from how many N15 million(X) where X is the number of people that borrow to invest.

Imagine if 100 people borrow N15 million each. Thats N1.5 billion.

Imagine if 1000 people borrow N5 million each. That's N5 billion

Now FCMB has come out with a product that gives you acess to about N10 million spread over 4 years

My brother, I am not looking at it from the micro-small level but from the macro-big level.

There is a lot of borrowed money in our stock market.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2007
tonyjon:

STOCK FIELD MARSHAL,

What is your take with Oceanic bank plc?.

Peace.

Una don get Idi Amin for here??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2007
texas543:

@easimoni
Did you run because of the "talibans" and "suicide bombers? You better come back from your "self exile" nairaland is getting interesting grin

LOL!  grin Watching with interest! Now back to self-exile
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

u wan pretend say u no no your title again
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

u wan pretend say u no no your title again. Na the whole house give you the title  o . Oye a mo ri oo.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Pumping

I got a facility of about N2 million which I intend to invest instead of purchasing another car.

This applies to about 200 of my colleagues and immediate junior colleagues inclusive.

Thats about N300 million which is being financed from about 4 banks our firm has business relations with.

I remember that I met one Executive Director of a bank who was complaining that the share price of a particular organisation did not rise and he took a huge loan to purchase loads of those shares. The figure was about a hundred of million

Even banks give money to brokers to purchase their shares in the primary or secondary market and no be small money.

I no talk sey N15 million dey shake market but look at it from how many N15 million(X) where X is the number of people that borrow to invest.

Now FCMB has come out with a product that gives you acess to about N10 million spread over 4 years

My brother, I am not looking at it from the micro-small level but from the macro-big level.

You are so right and that is the recipe for a crash. Well, we will only have a correction. Most of the loans are short term funds invested in Long Term investments. That is investment error 101. At maturity, the funds will be recalled and you will be forced to sell whether you made a profit or not!!! Because people collect a loan, they are 'forced' to buy at whatever prevailing price even if the price is not justified. They cannot be paying interest on idle cash. That's one of teh reasons behind the high returns on NSE this year, Companies that are not in production are having price increases.

I only hope the PFA funds are there to help or else there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
eniyanman:

Apologies if this has been dealt with earlier. Can anyone recommend a good stockbroker through whom I can trade from the UK.
Cheers!

I will stick out my neck for Afrinvest.

Suprisingly, Afrinvest people believe that I never say anything good about them based on my harassment!!!! Seriously, they are topnotch depending on your objective.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
easimoni:

LOL!  grin Watching with interest! Now back to self-exile
You just cant resist can you? I beg all of una if i miss my flight na all of you go dey responsible for the katakata wey go result.  If rubbish hit fan you know say the thing go scatter everywhere grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Pumping

Somebody mentioned about N700B as leveraged money on the NSE i think
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

My brother, nothing to worry about!!! This is a faceless forum to start with. Anyone that gets angry over the internet need to get his head examined. Nothing said here take or remove from my person. So no hard feelings.

i got more punches during the Access bank PO when someone wrote a damning report on Access Bank. Though I like objectivity, in a faceless forum, you will not always get it.

I like fatherof2's contribution. It is a comic relief. But for a marathon race, I am not that bothered about what is happening at the 100m point.

Still so amusing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BabaOlu(m): 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Wanajo,

Honourable "Olu of NSE", I still dey wait for the spreadsheet Ooo. Pls no leave out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2007
@fatherof2
keep your intelligent contributions coming,
what we're here to discuss is views about the market
i enjoy reading your views on NSE
The forum makes sense because theres more than one voice and more than one opinion so abeg, kp doing what you're doing,
leave the side comments alone for now,
Lets discuss the NSE,
same for wanaj0,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

Baba oh, Good evening,

Placed my orders today for UBA and Oceanic.

heard from the grapevine that payment date for UBA will soon be announced and it will be in December.

Oceanic's result is being waited eagerly and heard they performed well.

UBA price set 47-48.70

0ceanic price set 27-28.50

hope i never miss road oh

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2007
To all the Gurus,

when is the right time to hop into Oceanic bank?.

And before I forget, we should try as much as possible to stop all these side-talks and negative comments about one another. This has caused a great distractions on this forum. We all are on this thread to make money or more money and so we should concentrate on why we are here.

Easimoni- you're welcome back. The houes is now in order.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Wanajo,

You see  I commend your efforts. Plaudable and Plausable they're.
But its obvious we can't walk on the same road.We share very different ideals.
From all your claims,you're obviously very good at what you do.Nuff respect for that.
But try not critisize a concept you don't understand.
You're obviously a good LONG TERMER.
But you can NEVER change a very successfull SHORT TERM TRADER.

PEACE OH, lets go back to the nse. cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cutebabe: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
Ok

I know my voice is not that loud here but does anyone have an inkling as regards when Mutual Benefit is likely to go on suspension.

@Wanajo, I WILL LIKE A COPY OF THE SPREADSHEET.
It will be a blessing for me to get started on Naija fundamentalist thinking BTW I am both a fundamentalist and Speculator. Speculator for Naija stcok (cos I am not on ground nor have paid much attentio. Fundamentalist for Offshore)

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BabaOlu(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Fatherof2 (aka, Baba Ibeji). "The NSE Market Timer Bump",
Pls Carry go, lets forget the side talks. Its always good to have varieties. Despite the fact that I am a chronic fundamentalist, I personally think it is also good to learn on how to take advantages of market turn-around timing. So keep the Bumper strategy flowing.

@Wanajo (The Olu of NSE himself),
Pls send me the speadsheet, I take God beg you. Abi you want make I send you MEND grin Thanks in advance. My email is oglumide at yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2007
eniyanman:

@wanaj0

Thanks, just called their UK office, but they only deal with institutional investors. I've been asked to contact the West Africa office (in Lagos). Do you have any experience of dealing with Afrinvest West Africa?

They are my brokers and I have just transfered funds to them from UK. They are quite efficient but you need to "hassle" your Account Manager from time to time on the phone.

@Londoncool,

What charting software do you use and how do you feed the Nigerian Stock exchange data into it

@D-DOTS

I used a Candlestick Charting Software that was licensed to my ex-colleague who is a Day-Trader and inputed some historical data from some few companies from the NSE into a Demo Bloomberg Terminal and it gives you instant feedback of Candlestick patterns.Its then left for you to analyse the Candlestick trends and act on them. It does not give BUY or SELL signals but it does help the "Taliban's" to reach a decision.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ All,

Please leave Fatherof2 alone. If you want to take his advise heed to it, if not leave him alone.

He is still good benefit to others on this thread and you can see that he commended Wanaj0 but like he said, Wanaj0 is a strategic long term investor.

I doff my hat for him

There are Short term investors and long term investors

Choose your side of the divide.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
Temmie10:

@fatherof2
keep your intelligent contributions coming,
what we're here to discuss is views about the market
i enjoy reading your views on NSE
The forum makes sense because theres more than one voice and more than one opinion so abeg, kp doing what you're doing,
leave the side comments alone for now,
Lets discuss the NSE,
same for wanaj0,

can't remember making side comments. This is a faceless forum for crying out loud! If I need to feel important I will not be doing it here.

Like I said, nothing personal or serious here. Everything is fun.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.