Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820048 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2007
@wanaj0,

Does Afrinvest have any min. investment sum like some other brokers with millions Naira?

read u said 500,000
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2007
Geees:

Thanks Wanaj0 for the other day about Chellrams.
Please do send my the spread sheet the email is etbholdings (at) yahoo (dot) ca

On being a pastor hmm,
The net is interesting i go watch my fingers before i get commit premature ejec or mouth diahorrea.
Thanks in advance for the info.
Once again your advice is treasured.  I say this knowing that ones fingerts can get really stiff responding on the thread,
Cheers

Abeg, check my other post. Let the guy confirmed that my public disclosure will not jeopardise his enterprise. Apologies.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2007
Geees:

@ololufemi
am getting interested with this enthusiasm for Zenith, What do you think of the December offer.  Any "pre prospectus" out yet.  I bought Zenith with some savings and almost sold when the going was getting though now am smiling just don't know how they make money and multiply branches with all the overheads.
Awaiting your tips
Thanks in advance
Cheers

Zenith is very agressive, they will probably meet their projections.

My only worry is that, those that bought the last PO, have not finished verfying their certificate. If we buy now, will it not take another 1 yr before we see the credit into our CSCS account?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2007
bjluv:

@wanaj0,

Does Afrinvest have any min. investment sum like some other brokers with millions Naira?

read u said 500,000

500k is the minimum. That's the info as at Monday the 26th of November

BabaOlu:

@wanajo,
thanks for your response. Please what is there address at Island and who do you recommend I meet for effective service?

12th floor, Foreshore Towers, 2A Osborne Road, Ikoyi Lagos. Same place with cashcraft.

Ask for Mrs Ifashe or Mrs Balogun. Posted their e-mail a while ago.

Being with them for years and never had cause to visit their office. That to me is a sign of effectiveness. They hardly come to me also except in case of emergencies. All transactions done via e-mail and ocassionally on phone.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

Abeg, check my other post. Let the guy confirmed that my public disclosure will not jeopardise his enterprise. Apologies.

I do not understand this request however if like a disclaimer, I sure can't blame you for your suggestions.  That would be childish.
My desire is to build up a strong portfolio.  Your information will help me achieve this
I hope I understand you.
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2007
yodiyokun:

Zenith is very agressive, they will probably meet their projections.

My only worry is that, those that bought the last PO, have not finished verfying their certificate. If we buy now, will it not take another 1 yr before we see the credit into our CSCS account?

I did not buy the so over to you Ololufemi and frankiri those folks are zenith majors.
You can give Zenith registrars a call sha

CONTACT US

Zenith Registrars Limited
1, Prince Ade Odedina Street
Victoria Island Extension
Lagos, Nigeria

Tel: 234-1-2708930-4

E-mail: enquiry@zenithregistrars.com

http://www.zenithregistrars.com/contactus.htm

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2007
Geees:

I do not understand this request however if like a disclaimer, I sure can't blame you for your suggestions. That would be childish.
My desire is to build up a strong portfolio. Your information will help me achieve this
I hope I understand you.
Cheers

Sorry I am referring to the spreadsheet.

Will always make my two kobo advice available if it will serve any useful purpose.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2007
Yodiyokun, abeg help paste the spreadsheet on the forum before katakata go burst. Will have to explain to explain to the guy later.

So ALL contact her
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanaj0:

Sorry I am referring to the spreadsheet.

Will always make my two kobo advice available if it will serve any useful purpose.
Thanks a million.
One question when you say a stock is illiquid what quantity of trades would u consider to be liquid?
A range of say 5-10million units of trade weekly?
Cheers

@Yodiyokun,
The email is etbholdings (at) yahoo (dot) ca
Thanks a lot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donilors: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2007
@yodiyokun

Really would appreciate this ;

donilors (at) yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
Geees:

Thanks a million.
One question when you say a stock is illiquid what quantity of trades would u consider to be liquid?
A range of say 5-10million units of trade weekly?
Cheers

@Yodiyokun,
The email is etbholdings (at) yahoo (dot) ca
Thanks a lot

many things guides my definition of liquidity. Firstly it has to do with the number of shareholders, the distribution of the shareholding, and then the average daily trade. All those factors basically determine whether you will buyers and sellers at any given time.

Stocks where you have institutional investors having substantial holdings, or where the number of shareholders are few, or where the number of oustanding shares is limited, I will classify those are illiquid stocks.

Cross deals can distort the liquidity when you look at average trades. You can see 'huge' trades that are cross deals. That does not indicate that the stock is liquid.

Also, absolute numbers does not say much. Flour Mills for example will likely trade less than 500,000 units a day. But it is a liquid stock. Nascon may have average trades higher than that but it is not as liquid.

Hope I am making sense
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ wanajo,
reading you talk about portfolio diversification is a real eye opener and inspiration.
your story is really interesting, i just started trading in march, like you when you first started i just bought anything, just managed to recover recently thanks to this thread, i have learnt so much on stocks and i am always grateful to men like you, and the main the main easimoni grin for your help.
what worries me is for someone like me who just started and is trying to build a portfolio, will the market be as god as it has been in 7 years time. i remember as a kid(which was practically 7 years ago) seeing guiness at 10 naira and banks at 1 naira, can our market continue to grow at this rate so sme1 like me can hit a billion someday? thats what worries me greatly. what do you think of this.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2007
WIndywendy, welcome back!!, we were analysing Bagco's IPO recently and I happened to stumble upon one of your posts on SMN where you were in favor of buying into Bagco, DO you still feel the same way or has anything changed that you would like to highlight? I know that they did a 1for 10 split before the IPO, but one hidded factor that I took into consideration was the market for "Flexible packaging" that they seem to bak upon. I feel that the offer is offered at somewhat of a premium, but with this new Bagco Morpack whose effects on the bottom line hasnt even started to be felt, i think this is a winner. Of course, flexible packaging is in every aspect of daily life in Nigeria and Bagco is well placed to tap into that. They have moved from Diesel to gas, so energy expenses are drastically reduced, and of course with Flourmills retaining 70 % of interest I think market sentiment will propel this stock upwards.
Please apply your hammer and fire to this piece of dirt and produce gold for us!! grin grin

@ Wanajo.
Field Marshal, leave this "premature ejaculation" thing alone now?? U be pastor by calling o! It leaves a sour taste in the mouth after digesting every other astounding comment you have labored to deliver.

@ Fatherof2
You have an awesome method ( abi na modus operandi  grin grin ) for short-term investing. Please keep it coming!!!

@ All,
Please keep up the good work, I need to start working part-time to keep up with nairaland,

Easimoni, Frankiriri, Make una comeback o! Windywendy is back and we need all hands on deck for the sweet times ahead!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ WANAJO
chairman i just came back from work now and found out that i had 4pages to go through on this trend which i just finished now and most especially found you were sharing love to my ogas and madams on the trend,mind u me i no be sucid bomber, i be one of your students oooo cry Please sir i would like you to send me whatever you sent others, just like my able oga pumping777 did for us, i only have the weekend to study all this, i am building a library and soon i go arrive. before i forget i just wanted to thank you for your info on NGC last 3months i entered at 13.58 and exited at 22.4, i no get liver reach that your 28 target, i actually had a take profit of 20. GOD BLESS my add na talk2ugwu at yohoo dot com

@Easimoni
My oga welcome back sir, hope you got my mail,i finally got BETAGLASS and FCMB, shiqidi no show face today abi him still dey find BETAGLASS,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Wanaj0
Thanks fully understood,
I tting keeps ringing research research,
How does one make out time to meet up with this thread, spreadsheet and work,
To be a man is not a day job,
Thanks once again
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2007
my brother stanchuks, i couldnt get beta glass at my desired entry price, went for fcmb instead
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2007
stanchuks:

@ WANAJO
chairman i just came back from work now and found out that i had 4pages to go through on this trend which i just finished now and most especially found you were sharing love to my ogas and madams on the trend,mind u me i no be sucid bomber, i be one of your students oooo cry Please sir i would like you to send me whatever you sent others, just like my able oga pumping777 did for us, i only have the weekend to study all this, i am building a library and soon i go arrive. before i forget i just wanted to thank you for your info on NGC last 3months i entered at 13.58 and exited at 22.4, i no get liver reach that your 28 target, i actually had a take profit of 20. GOD BLESS my add na talk2ugwu at yohoo dot com

@Easimoni
My oga welcome back sir, hope you got my mail,i finally got BETAGLASS and FCMB, shiqidi no show face today abi him still dey find BETAGLASS,
Yodiyokun will post the spreadsheet on the forum!

Not in a hurry to sell my Nigerian German. Don't mind holding on till next year when the result is announced. If they drop rumour of bonus then another NAHCO be that. Bought al 4.00 last year before buying more at 12.82. Congrats on your actual profit. Until I sell, na paper profit I get.

FCMB is on serious bid in expectation of the lifting of Technical suspension. You are lucky that you got it.

jehosaphat:

@ Wanajo.
Field Marshal, leave this "premature ejaculation" thing alone now?? You be pastor by calling o! It leaves a sour taste in the mouth after digesting every other astounding comment you have labored to deliver.

Apologies if I offend the sensibilities of anyone. It was a phrase that I picked up on a football forum and I find it very interesting!!!

shigidi:

@ wanajo,
reading you talk about portfolio diversification is a real eye opener and inspiration.
your story is really interesting, i just started trading in march, like you when you first started i just bought anything, just managed to recover recently thanks to this thread, i have learnt so much on stocks and i am always grateful to men like you, and the main the main easimoni grin for your help.
what worries me is for someone like me who just started and is trying to build a portfolio, will the market be as god as it has been in 7 years time. i remember as a kid(which was practically 7 years ago) seeing guiness at 10 naira and banks at 1 naira, can our market continue to grow at this rate so sme1 like me can hit a billion someday? thats what worries me greatly. what do you think of this.

My brother, teh best time to start investing was yesterday. Next best time is TODAY! Forget about the past. Focus on today and teh future.

For as long as the economy is growing, the NSE will continue to grow. With more regulation and sophistication, the gains might reduce. However over the LONG TERM, you will do well.

If you look at the prices of stocks in past years you will buy nothing. That said, hope you know that WAPCo use to be the most capitalised stock on the NSE until they have problems. NBL was next to them until they started the 1 for 1 nonsense bonus.

If you stick with fundamentally sound stocks, that are growing and expanding with good management you will be fine.

Stocks will never return to their old levels. You can also be rest assured that they will not stay at current level. So, join the TRAIN!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DDOTS1(m): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2007
@yodiyokun

I beg pls send Oga Wanajo spreadsheet with all the historical data to me

d-two at hotmail dot co dot uk

I'm trying to perform some tech analysis on NSE but need companies historical data.  na beg I TAKE BEG UNA OOOO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
thanks wanajo, thanks a lot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2007
shigidi:

my brother stanchuks, i couldnt get beta glass at my desired entry price, went for fcmb instead
Thank God for that, i found out that i have not read anything from you today that was why i asked from your main man, oga Easimoni[i] i hope say him vex don reduce[/i] Oga Easimoni am still waiting to hear from you even if its a hi and hello stuff

@yodiyokun

Chairman said you will send it to me, please am patiently waiting, thanks

@WANAJO
Able Chairman thanks in advance
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2007
abeg to dem ọgá gbógbó , and @yodiyokun,

can I have the files to obambo @ gmail dot com , please wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
Dear bro wanajo

and the other guru's pumping,fatherof2 and oga easimoni and the once i did'nt mention guys i appreciate all of you and the luv among naija's,i was shock 2 naija's wit one spirit.god bless us and our country.i've buying stock in european mkt 4 a while.i use 2 think that i kno about stock mkt,but u guys has proved me wrong,great wisdom and knowledge guys keep it up.

one more thing bro wanajo did u say u applied as corporate body in m&b and they gave u only 20000 instead of 100000.i thought as a corporate they should give u all u ask 4 or did u not mean as a company.pls reply i've just incorporated a company in naija with hope to buy share especially in ipo and po's without them returning my money back.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
wanajo

i have been a solid follower of you on this thread for over 3 months.i must say i really respect you but this your new style of selecting pple to share stuff with i say is very disappointing.i thot this thread is to encourage each other by sharing info and all that.i beg no fall my hand like this, i wont ask for it to be sent to my email add but it should be made public to the whole house like pumping did.

thank you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yelinax: 9:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Pumping777
I went to the FSDH website as adviced, i was able to register with then, that was yesterday. I was of the opnion that I needed to subscride before i can start getting the daily price list (on excel) but there was no provision on the site to do so. I indictaed for daily update as i was registering, and as at this evening (depending on your time zone) I am yet to recieve any thing. Please, what do i need to do. Thanks.

Once again, thank for the spreadsheet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by titus: 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2007
Before you post, please take the pain to read earlier posts.

Stock Admiral Wanajo (msc,fss,nse,nairaland,) already said he has told YodiYokun to post the spreadsheet on the thread, so whats up wilth all these comments and requests?

No make me vex on his behalf o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ben0524(m): 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2007
To All GURU's

What DOCUMENTS do i need to change my BROKER, cos i'm not impressed by the services being renderd to me.
Can someone explain in full detail how i can go about it, without lossing any KOBO.

What other things aside from CSCS NO. That i have to fill on any I.P.O FORM to enable me to trade on it. For instance i bought the last Dangote Flour Mills I.P.O and i did not include my CSCS NO. Does that means i wont be able to sell it and get my money back or what?

Pls ALL GURU's put me through URGENTLY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ben0524(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2007
To All GURU's

What DOCUMENTS do i need to change my BROKER, cos i'm not impressed by the services being renderd to me.
Can someone explain in full detail how i can go about it, without lossing any KOBO.

What other things aside from CSCS NO. That i have to fill on any I.P.O FORM to enable me to trade on it. For instance i bought the last Dangote Flour Mills I.P.O and i did not include my CSCS NO. Does that means i wont be able to sell it and get my money back or what?

Pls ALL GURU's put me through URGENTLY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ben0524(m): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2007
[b][/b]To All GURU's

Pls ALL GURU's put me through URGENTLY.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ben0524(m): 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
Thanks TonyJohn For your able response on my question now i ve got another one, pls Check the top of this message.

pls i expect my OGA's to contribute to it too- WANAJ0, PUMPIN777, EASYMONY, Fof2,TONYJOHN and others pls.

I am always humble and loyal.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2007
Its my first post here and I am about buying my first ever stock grin, , I salute all of una the generals in the house , I have one quick question, is it a good time to buy UNIC, MBENEFIT  and LAW UNion?,
"Papa no dey dey for market make small pikin head bent", Jehoshaphat, sorry if I got it wrong.!!!!

@Pumping , I am getting uesd to your spreadsheet , and @wanajo, expect more direct questions (re:Afriinvest), later,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yelinax: 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2007
Stock Admiral Wanajo (msc,fss,nse,nairaland,) already said he has told YodiYokun to post the spreadsheet on the thread, so whats up wilth all these comments and requests?

No make me vex on his behalf o!

@ titus
I am sure you are the one not reading the fine details of the tread. What i am requesting form Pumping777 is totally different from what you are suggesting. Dont mean to sound disrespectful. As I am only a student, I can only ask questions to improve on my knowledge base, and i am sure the same applies to most people here.

I just want to get daily NSE price list sent to my e-mail via FSDH website.  I have already registered with them, no provision for subscription on their site, and the contacts are not opening when i tried to access it. Any ideas on how to go about it.

Abeg make you nefa vesssssssss OOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Wanaj0

nice one with da spreadsheet. Rain no dey fall hit one part to the exclusion of the others !!!  

@ windy wendy

howz da lil one , nice to have you back. gast to go my exam is on sat.

@Pumping

pass the goodie to a brother. thanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.