Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,423 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819926 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
attached net bid/offer 4th dec 2007

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

attached net bid/offer 4th dec 2007

@Emmachile,

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2007
International Breweries should climb to at least 3.00 naira before it settles. This is due to the scarcity of the stock and market sentiments about the new investors and their history.
Have experience in other developing economies such as china and co and the Germans are Europe's largest brewery group.
Look at the bid in excess of 11.76 million units and it is still trading at an average of 15,000 units daily.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by model1780(m): 8:46pm On Dec 05, 2007
FatherOF2:

If the trend shows a consistent descend, they're buy days.
If the trend shows a consistent ascend, they're sell days.
These are my ways.

Meanwhile you never ask me question before.Wetin happen?.

Please do u read 1 week trend or a continuous 2 weeks trend before taking a decision?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2007
pumping777:

Sell now. If you can. Profit takers will depress the price. Short term, I think Japaul is over-priced despite the expected future mega growth. The PE ratio is over 40 angry

The strategy of most people that bought during TS is to take profit and this already started.

A very good advice from Pumping 777. You better sale now before it's too late. From all indications, the price will crash very soon.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IgG(m): 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2007
hello folks no one has replied to my request of 01-12-07
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2007
I have been waiting for a while to see the price of GTB fall and today it lost some couple of Kobo's.  Although, my target is below 29 but it is still 29+.

Can I go for it for a short term?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ yudi yokun, i still have not received mine, i promised to keep you posted and will do just that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ nazzyon, go and BUY gtb, at 29, you should get at least 20% returns by year april time. forward pe is 19 and that looks good.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2007
Thanks for the response.

Which of these 2 yield better by the end of next year?

REDSTAREX

CRUSADER
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ easimoni, if ure out there, i managed to get unic today, but what do you see for these insurance coys. in 2008, can they hit double digits, look at crusader,  one big claim and they LOST money in Q3.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2007
nazzyon, ny end of next year, i will go for CRUSADER, the growth in insurance is good even though it may be risky, but it SHOULD give better returns. dont forget they just got new funds.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2007
nazzyon:

Thanks for the response.

Which of these 2 yield better by the end of next year?

REDSTAREX

CRUSADER

If you have a year horizon, why not go for Bank PHB IPO or Zenith PO?
They will likely give you better returns.
Remember to put your money where institutional investors are putting theirs.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2007
Thanks for your response.

I am too busy to be monitoring PO's. Even a friend at my broker firm complains that I seldom pay attention to the movement of my stocks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mayorking(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2007
I have been proved right again.I was trying to make up my mind on this bagco public offer and I thought the best place to look for the right info about it will be on this thread.Well, after reading what windywendy posted,I finally made up my mind about it.This is the place to get advise on the right stocks to buy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mayorking(m): 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2007
There has been much talk about the restructuring in the insurance industry.Since there was a lot of improvement in the banking industry after their restructuring,I am of the opinion that one should be strategically placed to rip the benefits.Can anybody give me fact based assessment of the insurance industry and the likely stocks to pick from that sector.Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2007
NIGERIAN BREWERIES RESULT REVIEW BY PAML
http://emmaachile.itgo.com/

Called PHB Asset Management today and was told they receive mandates by email and execution is done the next day.
Price list is sent before 2 pm every day and the requirement for opening an account is zero naira (N0)
I will try to open an account for my kid brother to test their service.

phone no: 014627569
email: phbassetmanagement@bankphb.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

NIGERIAN BREWERIES RESULT REVIEW BY PAML
http://emmaachile.itgo.com/

Called PHB Asset Management today and was told they receive mandates by email and execution is done the next day.
Price list is sent before 2 pm every day and the requirement for opening an account is zero naira (N0)
I will try to open an account for my kid brother to test their service.

phone no: 014627569
email: phbassetmanagement@bankphb.com
do they have an official site, because it's a wonder that one of them mega bank's securites is opening cscs accounts for free, plus one gotta be sure that his/her investments are properly monitored, or what say you?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2007
Send your questions by either calling the numbers or mailing them thro their address
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:17pm On Dec 05, 2007
nazzyon:

Thanks for your response.

I am too busy to be monitoring PO's. Even a friend at my broker firm complains that I seldom pay attention to the movement of my stocks.

If you are too busy then I think you are better off with POs.

It does not require monitoring. Just use a broker and check in again in a year's time. With the CBN verification now off, I don't think any PO will last longer than 1 year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2007
EMMAACHILE:

If you have a year horizon, why not go for Bank PHB IPO or Zenith PO?
They will likely give you better returns.
Remember to put your money where institutional investors are putting theirs.

I just have to agree with you. I know every one batters POs because of the delays but many folks will not make 50% within a year on the floor because of all kind of mistakes or lack of time to monitor stocks and do research.

I hear from many folks that say, I just want to make 50% in 1 year and I always wonder what better Xmas present than Bank PHB or Zenith PO. Let me see who will be able to buy Zenith this time next year for N60 (The effects of possible bonus not included).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ emmaachile
  I just went through bank phb's official site, and the only thing on "bank phb asset management", was an address, but no phone number or e-mail, rather what they had to say was:

Bank PHB has been alerted to an increasing number of “advance fee fraud schemes” intended to defraud unsuspecting individuals and companies. In response to this alert, Bank PHB warns against fraudulent online domiciliary account opening solicitations, funds remittance orders, investment deals and advanced fee fraud schemes that misuse the Bank’s name or claim to be affiliated with Bank PHB.

I run my own cscs account in wema and it takes a minimum of N250,000 to get started,what i'm just trying to say is that there are alot of fraud stars out there, and you must be warry of who you are dealing with. It's not much of a problem to open an e-mail under the auspices of bank PHB and get a phone number to accompany it, Just dig in properly before throwing inyour money, 

PHB Asset Management

Plot 707 Adeola Hopewell Street,

P.M.B 80054 Victoria Island,

Lagos

thats the address
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VIPICO(m): 11:55pm On Dec 05, 2007
Titus, hold your Japaul o.
It's heading to 11 naira soon
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by titus: 1:03am On Dec 06, 2007
VIPICO:

Titus, hold your Japaul o.
It's heading to 11 naira soon

And that statement is based on?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 1:28am On Dec 06, 2007
@ PUMPING777

Don't mind me. It was a typographic error.

I run a PO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 1:36am On Dec 06, 2007
INCAR NIGERIA PLC:
Half year result for the period ended June 30, 2007 was released.
Turnover stood at N46.379Million for year 2007 as against N40.356 Million
in the comparable period of 2006.
Profit Before Tax (PBT) is N728.1M for 2007 compared with (N5.5B) in 2005,
Profit after Tax for 2007 stood at (N2.212M), compared with N10.982M in the same period of 2006.

THE TOURIST COMPANY PLC:
Nine months unaudited result for the period ended September 30, 2007 was released.
Turnover stood at N1.106Billion for year 2007 as against N831.164 Million in the comparable period of 2006.
Profit Before Tax (PBT) is N65.836M for 2007 compared with (N214.559M) in 2006, Profit after Tax for 2007 stood at N45.768M, compared with (N226.01M) in the same period of 2006.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pangolo: 3:22am On Dec 06, 2007
My problem with Jim Ovia is that he is not prepping anyone for succession. If Zenith is to be a long term play for me then I am thinking ( what happens to Zenith and to my money if Jim the Dream suddenly has " Indian apple poisoning" ( like Abacha) grin grin With all the STIFF competition in the banking sector UBA or FBn would quickly capitalize on any weakness, I dont doubt profitability from Zenith but I dont see my money doubling like in PHB ( no N72 from Zenith while PHB could easily do N40).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 4:06am On Dec 06, 2007
pangolo:

My problem with Jim Ovia is that he is not prepping anyone for succession. If Zenith is to be a long term play for me then I am thinking ( what happens to Zenith and to my money if Jim the Dream suddenly has " Indian apple poisoning" ( like Abacha) grin grin With all the STIFF competition in the banking sector UBA or FBn would quickly capitalize on any weakness, I don't doubt profitability from Zenith but I don't see my money doubling like in PHB ( no N72 from Zenith while PHB could easily do N40).

nice one,but need i remind you that there is a "Jim the dream" in every other organization and if say, he indeed eats the indian apple one day, another jim will take the military outfit just like abacha, so thats no point for worry.
Trully however, PHB is the dream choice at the moment, but that shouldnt stop man pikin from grabbing the two
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 4:35am On Dec 06, 2007
@ All

I was just wondering, do you guys think it a nice idea to use two stock bokers rather than the normal trend of one. In this case you probably know if one guy may be trying to play a fast one,
I need to know if it has benfits
I need some opinions ehn!! so no dulling wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:37am On Dec 06, 2007
pangolo:

My problem with Jim Ovia is that he is not prepping anyone for succession. If Zenith is to be a long term play for me then I am thinking ( what happens to Zenith and to my money if Jim the Dream suddenly has " Indian apple poisoning" ( like Abacha) grin grin With all the STIFF competition in the banking sector UBA or FBn would quickly capitalize on any weakness, I don't doubt profitability from Zenith but I don't see my money doubling like in PHB ( no N72 from Zenith while PHB could easily do N40).

I've heard this several times. How is everyone so sure that Zenith does not have a succession plan?? Do you think the man expect to live forever? He may exert a lot of influence but this is no longer a small company and it is public.

Succession planning as a company policy has been around for a few decades now. I don't see why Zenith Bank will be waiting for senior executives or managers to die before putting one in place. There must be Senior Managers or Executives that are being positioned to take over strategic positions.

I know this was seriously highlighted in 2006 but I don't expect that Management is to dumb not to have done anything about it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 6:39am On Dec 06, 2007
tufe:

@ All

I was just wondering, do you guys think it a nice idea to use two stock bokers rather than the normal trend of one. In this case you probably know if one guy may be trying to play a fast one,
I need to know if it has benfits
I need some opinions ehn!! so no dulling wink

If you have the money you can go ahead. I have done it before and up till now I still have two.

Peace
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 6:43am On Dec 06, 2007
pangolo:

pumping777:

I've heard this several times. How is everyone so sure that Zenith does not have a succession plan?? Do you think the man expect to live forever? He may exert a lot of influence but this is no longer a small company and it is public.

Succession planning as a company policy has been around for a few decades now. I don't see why Zenith Bank will be waiting for senior executives or managers to die before putting one in place. There must be Senior Managers or Executives that are being positioned to take over strategic positions.

I know this was seriously highlighted in 2006 but I don't expect that Management is to dumb not to have done anything about it.

Funny question and good answer.

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.