Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,072 members, 7,835,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816600 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2007
ololufemi:

@ kpineo,

Invest in Bank PHB on the floor.
@kpineo
He just adviced you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

Thanks baba oh, just learning from you.

Hope I am being a good student
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Father of 2 and ololufemi

what are you projections for the share short term. make i gauge my exit strategy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SGN(m): 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2007
@FatherOF2

Given that UBA has announced their full year result, and has just delcared dividend, what do you think can drive the price up in the short term? The price is looking not too bad, but what do you yhink can influence and upward movement in ther short term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ father of 2
is now the time or still wait as the offer doesnt' close till 19th and brokers can still buy 2 weeks after. i want to give Father of 2's strategy a try as my own hasn't worked lately.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2007
afroil:

@FatherOF2,

no bi me get Afroil o.i started usin it as my nairaland Id to serve as a remembrance for d fuckin =N=1.5million net gain i made from it middle this yr durin the long rally upnorth d moribound stock (so to say some peeps on this forum) made that time.i was among d luck ones that reaped bountifully from it.

As per your broker, i just nid him for trading activities only nt 4 any other tins like advice on wich stock to buy or nt to buy,lailai.i myself i'm a stock analyst/picker myself,and i hav been doing that on weekly/monthly basis 4 d past more than 3yrs now,it has been win-win tin 4 me.Though i rarely post thread on advice on stock on this forum because i wait arguement based on my last experience.

still let me know your stock broker probably via my e-mail given earlier

Slow down small with f word OH. The name is ( Tradelink Securities Ltd).
I need to get the actual location address in Marina.
But like i said earlier na only trades i use them for.Don't expect anything except you probe.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by santaa(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
how do i monitor my shares online,i have cscs account but i can not monitor it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2007
kpineo:

@ father of 2
is now the time or still wait as the offer doesnt' close till 19th and brokers can still buy 2 weeks after. i want to give Father of 2's strategy a try as my own hasn't worked lately.

The best time to buy shares is now.Same applies for PHB.I hope you get sha.
Wisdom is creeping into NSE daily.Buy before you hear its on bid even while on TS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2007
Olufumi

Olufumi and father of 2, pls can u both tell me the prospect of FIDELITY BANK?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2007
SGN:

@FatherOF2

Given that UBA has announced their full year result, and has just delcared dividend, what do you think can drive the price up in the short term? The price is looking not too bad, but what do you yhink can influence and upward movement in ther short term.

Tomorrow looks attractive for UBA,if it falls an additional 2.5%.That will make it a 15% drop since its peak a week ago.A 15% beating usually steers up some interest in a stock.
On why the stock could rise again===The actual collection of the dividend matters to some people.Some just make a last minute dash to ensure their name appears on the register to collect the dividend.You're trying to take advantage of that last minute dash.
But 1st quarter result will be due early next year too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2007
osazeet:

Olufumi

Olufumi and father of 2, please can u both tell me the prospect of FIDELITY BANK?

Not sure of this fidelity.They announced results the other day.No bonus,nothing.So no stored pressure.
Just hold and see.This December is 6months so wait for half year results early next year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2007
Closed for the DAY.
Goodnite.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2007
afroil:

@FatherOF2,

no bi me get Afroil o.i started usin it as my nairaland Id to serve as a remembrance for d fuckin =N=1.5million net gain i made from it middle this yr durin the long rally upnorth d moribound stock (so to say some peeps on this forum) made that time.i was among d luck ones that reaped bountifully from it.

As per your broker, i just nid him for trading activities only nt 4 any other tins like advice on wich stock to buy or nt to buy,lailai.i myself i'm a stock analyst/picker myself,and i hav been doing that on weekly/monthly basis 4 d past more than 3yrs now,it has been win-win tin 4 me.Though i rarely post thread on advice on stock on this forum because i wait arguement based on my last experience.

still let me know your stock broker probably via my e-mail given earlier

Don't bury your 3 years stock trading experience under the pillow. Make you share with the house make we follow u dey win-win now grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Osazeet,

Fidelity comfortable for a hold though I feel its current price is high based on fundamentals. The offer price is okay at N8 and it would be  hold till we see some results.

Used some little funds to buy some for the future nd not for short term. It doesnt fit my short term profile yet.

Hope this helped.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrCee(m): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2007
You are absolutely correct Is only a fool that keeps his question to himself. No one is a doyen to knowledge
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:52pm On Dec 05, 2007
FatherOF2:

@Windywendy
  I don't personally make 25% every single week but many speculators do.Sometimes its three/four weeks,but i try to ensure i'm making money every
 month. Do you know if you start with N25m in January and set a conservative target of 25% every quarter(4 quarters total), you'll end up with N61m by year end 
  with compounding.Each year the cycle repeats itself you just need to know how to ride it from experience.

Hmmm, Fatherof2, for many weeks in the market the only stocks that make 25% are the small cap ones that are illiquid -- those ones that if you put just 100k units out, the price will crash. So unless the speculators are using just small amounts to trade, I find it hard to believe that anyone makes 25% every week on the floor. Your three/four week timeframe is more plausible, as I do that very often myself. And yes, you're right, 25% every quarter is very conservative at least for now.

@ALL:

Assuming a growth rate of 50% in profit after tax, and no additional issue of shares, UBA's forward PE is 17. The growth rate of 50% is very conservative in my opinion, because the current year profits do not fully reflect the benefits that will accrue from the new alliance with the Chinese bank and the other aggressive initiatives that the bank put in place towards the end of its last financial year. Also, the last year's profit took a hit of over N4b and this is not expected to occur going forward. I think a more realistic growth rate will be somewhere around 70%, giving a forward PE of about 15. For those of you interested in long term investing, this is one to get into. The stock is currently trading well below even its 100-day MA so you might not get it at this price again (my opinion). This is a solid Long Term play guys!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2007
Seems like Proshare hasn't put out the dealers' perspective for a couple of days now. Anyone knows how that information can be obtained -- information that shows net bids and offers? Pls share. Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2007
lawalidowu:

@windywendy

Please can you do an analysis on Fidelity? No one really says much about it here.
do u have any idea when they will return to the market?
also why has the price been marked down? someone said it is because of bonuses. where does one get information as to if a company will be giving bonuses or not? i know it gets rumoured around initialy.
PLS O! MAKE WIND NO CARRY MY MONEY GO

I don't know much about Fidelity, and my brother, in all honesty, I doubt that I'll have time to go through their prospectus. I know they just concluded a PO (or perhaps the PO is still on), and that's about all I know. Please anyone in the house who knows more should help this brother out. Thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2007
windywendy:

Seems like Proshare hasn't put out the dealers' perspective for a couple of days now. Anyone knows how that information can be obtained -- information that shows net bids and offers? Please share. Thanks.

Someone shared the link from UBA Stockbrokers below.

http://www.ubagroup.com/stockbrokers/docs/stockrecomendation.pdf

The only problem is that often it is a day behind.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2007
Thanks a lot Pumping777, this is really good!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Heres another disciple. It seems your disciples are increasing daily baba ke.

You may soon become FatherofMany.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hehehehe grin. kai ololufemi, this your sucking up na grade ONE grin grin. Seriously though, I like your people skills! But softly, softly my brother, so that you don't divide the house. We're all investors looking to take advantage of good opportunities, and several strategies work to that end. Leave the "disciple" thing out for now Please na God I take beg you Sir smiley smiley.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2007
@All -

I think there is some credibility to this trend strategy.

I looked through the famous spreadsheet and reviewed GTB trend from Decemeber - April. It was only in 2005 that there was a reversal and simply because they were on technical suspension for an offer. The price dropped after the suspension was lifted.

Apart from this, all other years showed price appreciation from about 20% to 80% depending on when you enter and exit. It is also true that you get the best appreciation shortly before the results are announced, except there is news of bonus.

The only thing is that it seems this stock responds in this way to full year result. Because their 1st 2 quarter results are never representative of the full year result - the 3rd quarter is the key.

I will look at other stocks and check out any trends - Baba Ibeji and other trend watchers keep it coming.

I will definitely test this to see how it works.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pangolo: 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Ololufemi
Your sucking up pass vacuum cleaner grin grin grin. After you don ram Zenith down pple throat i got so fed up that I will not buy even ONE single share. Jim the Dream na "Jim-fall-into-stream" to me,
carry go abeg, !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by titus: 7:13pm On Dec 05, 2007
Folks,
I bought Japaul while it was on TS. Should I still hold on or sell off?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:24pm On Dec 05, 2007
titus:

Folks,

Congrats. you made a sound technical trade. Now sell because the forward PE is 42 and the bull run appears to have lost momentum.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
http://businessdayonline.com/Insurance/1416.html

Cornerstone confirmed they received most of the escrowed funds from CBN (N3.8B). Tidings of great returns from Ins Coys in 2008!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2007
easimoni:

http://businessdayonline.com/Insurance/1416.html

Cornerstone confirmed they received most of the escrowed funds from CBN (N3.8B). Tidings of great returns from Ins Coys in 2008!

Do you know if they still have their sights set on doing a PO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2007
Temmie10:

Apart from the fact that Shigidi is a major pal,
sharing it wont affect my gains one bit,  tongue

Must say i like your investment philosophy tho, very similar to mine
, you understand that one size doesnt fit all,
Sometimes some investments are not sane, but because u understand the risk and mechanics, u buy the stock, make a huge chunk most times and then find an undervalued  and sound cashcow to dump it on,

You definitely get my drift. I see regular fights between peeps who call themselves "fundamentalists" and those who call themselves "technical analysts" and wonder why they can't just see the value in both strategies and use to their advantage. The objective is to make money abi? cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2007
titus:

Folks,

Sell now. If you can. Profit takers will depress the price. Short term, I think Japaul is over-priced despite the expected future mega growth. The PE ratio is over 40  angry

The strategy of most people that bought during TS is to take profit and this already started.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ all,

I have not received my UBA certificates yet? has anyone received theirs? Have the shares been listed yet?

Just wondering if the recent UBA downslide is due to people taking profits from the last Public Offer.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by youngdoc: 8:02pm On Dec 05, 2007
When will Dangote Flour be listed?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:11pm On Dec 05, 2007
windywendy:

Do you know if they still have their sights set on doing a PO?

Good question! Would not surprise me one bit. Rd 2 of Ins Coy consolidation will surely happen in 2008. M Benefits and Crusader have already started talking about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.