Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,287 members, 7,860,672 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819947 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2007
ololufemi:

@ All,

Zenith public offer opens tomorrow,

Its time to bring out your piggy banks and start to invest in this great offer. A wonderful christmas present brought to us by Mr Jim, the dream, Ovia.

Remember, its always in your best interest.

@ Fatherof2,

I intend to buy the Zenith Public offer(primary market) and also purchase it on the floor of the NSE (secondary market), so that while cashing in on the secondary market after TS is lifted, my primary market share is intact and gaining until it is listed on the floor. that way, I feel I can eat my cake and have it.

What's your advise on that.

thanks a lot

Zenith is good both ways.But i develop cold feet for any PO because of that verification horror of the past. The only PO i tried was Union,i had about 167000 units of that stuff which i bought in two names.I didn't like the 4month experience i had trying to verify the Union.I only thankGod Mr.Ebong delayed the results long enough for my verification ordeal to be over.
But i think you're very free to have it both ways with Zenith(hoping e-credit goes well next year).I just want to see how long it takes after a PO is concluded before CSCS accounts are credited.
Knowing Nigeria,another bottleneck could arise after PO's that could cause crediting of CSCS accounts to take like 7months again.These banks won't like to just see their prices fall so fast so soon if everyone can automatically cash in so fast and same time.First bank has no problem with e-credit.They don't really manipulate their prices.But others do a lot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2007
CILeasing eventually took a hit today. Lost around 5%.  About time too. I think it was getting over-priced with a projected PE of over 35.

No doubt, it has excellent potentials but too much premium had been factored into the stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

@FatherOF2,

I nid just one help from u,the help is can i know your stock broker?your strategy is precisely d system i'm equally usin long long time ago and is working 4 me, even though some peeps on this forum told me then when i first revealed it that it was nt possible.now u too are saying d sametin,may be dey wil believe now that it is possible.

Dat is that jare,let's ride on

my e-mail is forexkiller2008@yahoo.com ,kindly send to me your Stock Broker contact address

thanks

Heres another disciple. It seems your disciples are increasing daily baba ke.

You may soon become FatherofMany.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
afroil:

@FatherOF2,

I nid just one help from u,the help is can i know your stock broker?your strategy is precisely d system i'm equally usin long long time ago and is working 4 me, even though some peeps on this forum told me then when i first revealed it that it was nt possible.now u too are saying d sametin,may be dey wil believe now that it is possible.

Dat is that jare,let's ride on

my e-mail is forexkiller2008@yahoo.com ,kindly send to me your Stock Broker contact address

thanks

So na you get Afroil.No wonder.
You won't enjoy my stockbroker.He has no hand in any decision i make.I fired him (advice wise oh) about a year ago.The guy will not tell you anything,i get more info from the papers than from him.Though he revealed the Thursday/Friday action dates to me sha.I won't recommend him at all.He's a one man show.I just use him to do my trading and get low rates and registered with "NSE Trade Alert" like a year plus to ensure i'm not cheated on price.
At the beginning Kai i suffer with the fake prices he was giving me that he bought so and so.Na newspaper price i dey always get.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
@FatherOF2

Regarding the Thursday/Friday action dates.

From your previous posts, my understanding is that these are good days to SELL. Is this correct or does it apply to BUYING as well?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2007
pumping777:

@FatherOF2

From your previous posts, my understanding is that these are good days to SELL. Is this correct or does it apply to BUYING as well?

If the trend shows a consistent descend, they're buy days.
If the trend shows a consistent ascend, they're sell days.
These are my ways.

Meanwhile you never ask me question before.Wetin happen?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2007
FatherOF2:

These are my ways.

Nothing. I have never had anything to ask you before now.

You've never asked me a question before also but that does not mean you cannot ask me something tomorrow  grin grin

Only a fool keeps his question to himself  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2007
FatherOF2:

These are my ways.

Let you head swell with measure oooooooooooooo Baba Ibeji!! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2007
pumping777:

@FatherOF2

I give you an example.Look back in the last 3months.Try and observe when some of the BLUE CHIP companies announce their results.If you've been keeping any accurate records,you'll see it falls mostly on Thursday or Friday.Now you're are not on the trading floor.If you've noticed a gradual consistent descent in a stock you've been watching.You can give your buy order to your broker on these days (particularly when you're anticipating a release of results for that month).You would have taken your position if you're lucky before the results comes out and everyone else would hear tomorrow morning and prize starts jumping again.Same also,don't be greedy,set your exit target and sell those days while buyers are available.Most people give their brokers sell order in panic when they see prices falling next day,not knowing some people don carry their own run.
Pumping i go soon ask you big question.Hold your calculator one day.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2007
yodiyokun:

Let you head swell with measure oooooooooooooo Baba Ibeji!! grin

I like this my sister.She always give motherly advice.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:11pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

I noticed something and would want to ask if you concur

The current PE ratios for Bank PHB and Zenith are lower than the kindustry average and generally across the industry, Their forward PE ratios look fantastic.

Bank PHB is even aiming for a PE ratio of between 8 and 10 in 2010.

Anyway they claim that the can make cars run on water so why not this PE ratio. Wish them luck  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think I am going to stake my cash on these two in the secondary market but I just have to buy Zenith PO because I get to satisfy someone.

To conclude, Bank PHB should be trading at N32 to N34 while Zenith should be at N53 to N59.

Still conservative figure though.

Holla back big bro
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2007
[/quote][quote author=FatherOF2 link=topic=31554.msg1749326#msg1749326 date=1196863720]

grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2007
Does anyone have the results for Ikeja Hotels? The formatting is is messing up the data on proshare.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2007
FatherOF2:

I give you an example.Look back in the last 3months.Try and observe when some of the BLUE CHIP companies announce their results.If you've been keeping any accurate records,you'll see it falls mostly on Thursday or Friday.Now you're are not on the trading floor.If you've noticed a gradual consistent descent in a stock you've been watching.You can give your buy order to your broker on these days (particularly when you're anticipating a release of results for that month).You would have taken your position if you're lucky before the results comes out and everyone else would hear tomorrow morning and prize starts jumping again.Same also,don't be greedy,set your exit target and sell those days while buyers are available.Most people give their brokers sell order in panic when they see prices falling next day,not knowing some people don carry their own run.

Nice tip. Another weapon in my arsenal.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2007
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

I noticed something and would want to ask if you concur

The current PE ratios for Bank PHB and Zenith are lower than the kindustry average and generally across the industry, Their forward PE ratios look fantastic.

Bank PHB is even aiming for a PE ratio of between 8 and 10 in 2010.

Anyway they claim that the can make cars run on water so why not this PE ratio. Wish them luck  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think I am going to stake my cash on these two in the secondary market but I just have to buy Zenith PO because I get to satisfy someone.

To conclude, Bank PHB should be trading at N32 to N34 while Zenith should be at N53 to N59.

Still conservative figure though.

Holla back big bro

Yeah i agree.But the thing is that i'm not buying them because of their future PE's.The fact is that if your PE is good now now and your result was good in the past (like two quarters) and i'm expecting your result in two months time,i will buy you.As per the forward PE,that is why i said PUMPING will hold his calculator one day for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2007
FatherOF2:

Yeah i agree.But the thing is that i'm not buying them because of their future PE's.The fact is that if your PE is good now now and your result was good in the past (like two quarters) and i'm expecting your result in two months time,i will buy you.As per the forward PE,that is why i said PUMPING will hold his calculator one day for me.

Baba Ibeji,

Expand Further - So you are not interested in the future performance of the company, just the current performance and the way the market will react to the news of the result.

But we have seen that the market does not react to all results, e.g GTB result did not get any reaction neither did First Banks. So which companies are we talking about ?

What criteria make them unquie for this kind of cherry pick (or should I say gambling).

Talk to me grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:33pm On Dec 05, 2007
Help needed should i hold on to my MBenefit or just move. i have a substantial holding though and am at break even point right now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Fatherof2,

My take is that they should be able to rally these projected prices post TS.

like i will say, You are the baba of the technicalist on this forum and your advise is highly appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chukkie(m): 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2007
@PUMPING

IKEJA HOTEL PLC
NINE MONTHS UNAUDITED RESULTS FOR PERIOD ENDED 30-09-2007
                      2007       2006    
TURNOVER     N3.839b    N3.403b    
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N929.943m  N809.501m  
TAXATION              (N297.582m)        (N242.734m)
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION  N632.361m  N566.380m
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2007
yodiyokun:

Baba Ibeji,

Expand Further - So you are not interested in the future performance of the company, just the current performance and the way the market will react to the news of the result.

But we have seen that the market does not react to all results, e.g GTB result did not get any reaction neither did First Banks. So which companies are we talking about ?

What criteria make them unquie for this kind of cherry pick (or should I say gambling).

Talk to me grin

No intention to usurp.

I think one effective strategy will be to exit before the results are actually released (or closure of register) because the price build up will have increased the stock price for the anticipated good results or benefits.  

So if good results are released, you don't lose much because additional price increase will in most cases only be marginal and you won't join the herd trying to sell off at the same time. If the result is bad, you already exited before the correction to lower the price.

I have been looking at the trends and I see that the prices tend to start rising a few weeks before the results are eventually released.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2007
chukkie:

@PUMPING

IKEJA HOTEL PLC
2007 2006
TURNOVER N3.839b N3.403b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N929.943m N809.501m
TAXATION (N297.582m) (N242.734m)
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION N632.361m N566.380m

Thanks!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Yodiyokun,

Cherrypicking. i love your words

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2007
yodiyokun:

Baba Ibeji,

Talk to me grin

Of course i'm interested in the future earnings.But when we don dey near that"FUTURE BRIDGE" i go take position again.
Short Term for me is  0(zero)-3(Three).Everything in between included.
Once upon a time GTB was N28 about the last week of September/1st week of October.Anticipation started.If you sold the Thursday before that closure date i believe you haveb some 21% in your pocket.Lets see its behaviour by the month of February (0-3 months before its historical announcement dates).You can be taking part in other actions between now and then.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2007
kpineo:

Help needed should i hold on to my MBenefit or just move. i have a substantial holding though and am at break even point right now.

Right now would be a good selling point, its not going to get any higher than what it is right now, hopefully u purchased it at close to N3 as possible
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2007
pumping777:

No intention to usurp.

I think one effective strategy will be to exit before the results are actually results because the price build up will have priced the stock for expected good results.  

So if good results are released, you don't lose much because additional price increase will in most cases only be marginal and you won't join the herd trying to sell off at the same time. If the result is bad, you already exited before the correction to lower the price.

I have been looking at the trends and I see that the prices tend to start rising a few weeks before the results are eventually released.

Oh baba pumping you don dey get am. Na car you take hit nail for head.
Exactly.Whatever margin is left after the result is announced may not be much compared to what you have already gained(particularly if you keep strictly to your profit margin target).The only exception is when you're sure the rumour and scent of bonus is too strong in the exhaust coming out of NSE trading floor Airconditioners.
But for a stock that lays dormant all year round and only releases year end result you can take position and carry your margin after announcement go keep for your Zenith Bank account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2007
chukkie:

@PUMPING

IKEJA HOTEL PLC
2007 2006
TURNOVER N3.839b N3.403b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N929.943m N809.501m
TAXATION (N297.582m) (N242.734m)
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION N632.361m N566.380m

Muchas Gracias, forward PE is now ~12. I'm loooooving it! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2007
any news on the much awaited access bank results
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2007
Could someone please somment on afribanks shares, because i bought them and also bank PHB but i'm almost regretting why i didnt just put all my money into the bank PhB offer, they have a greater future prospect, or what do you think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2007
kpineo:

any news on the much awaited access bank results

E dey come.Soon,
You should have exited your MB last Thursday while buyers were available.It had a higher price.Its hard to sell when everyone is selling.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2007
@Father of 2

where would you put the funds from MBenefit if you were me right now. shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afroil: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2007
@FatherOF2,

no bi me get Afroil o.i started usin it as my nairaland Id to serve as a remembrance for d fuckin =N=1.5million net gain i made from it middle dis yr durin the long rally upnorth d moribound stock (so to say some peeps on dis forum) made dat time.i was among d luck ones dat reaped bountifully from it.

As per ur broker, i just nid him for trading activities only nt 4 any other tins like advice on wich stock to buy or nt to buy,lailai.i myself i'm a stock analyst/picker myself,and i hav been doing dat on weekly/monthly basis 4 d past more than 3yrs now,it has been win-win tin 4 me.Though i rarely post thread on advice on stock on dis forum because i wait arguement based on my last experience.

still let me know ur stock broker probably via my e-mail given earlier
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ kpineo,

Invest in Bank PHB on the floor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.