Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,699 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820247 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2008
@winywendy
How do you see International Breweries?
Gold Mine Abi?
Just kidding
Happy New Year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2008
enurayce:

@ Fatherof2

Which 5 stocks will u  recommended for buy in the coming week?Which insurance stock do u think is at a good buy price right now.

Where is the future of Oasis insurance in 4 months from now?

Waiting for your response please,other opinions are all welcomed

@Pumping777
Ur views will be gladly appreciated.Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2008
barge:

With due respect to Father of 2 , you can add MONDAYS as sell-off days too , got this from a book, Trading for a Living . The Thursday - friday is also written there and explained.

Can you expand? I'd like to know what the book says are good buy days and why. Same for sell days. I know it depends on the trend from previous days, but some more info would be nice.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2008
windywendy:

Kai you this man, you don blow my cover finish! smiley grin grin grin Anyway, nothing spoil!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Please post more often this year.

@Madam

which means u got this gist and kept it ur urself?

u worry oooooohhhhh

filling out my mandate as I am posting (LOL)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2008
bigjay01:

@Madam

which means u got this gist and kept it your yourself?

u worry oooooohhhhh

I can type faster than you O! LOL even harder Brokers around Lagos will be inundated with Unity bids on Monday!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2008
yodiyokun:

Ogbeni,

This is dangerous ooo

What of if BabaIbeji or Mr @Wanaj0 says no more show for nairalanders what happens.

I am here to learn how to fish, so that if today Seun says no more show for nairaland I can stand on my two feet and make millions.

The only good thing is both the gurus are making my learning curve way way shorter and honestly for that I am extremely grateful.

this is CRUCIAL especially to newbies, you must LEARN , the EXPERIENCE of the gurus will help fastrack your knowledge bank . A few weeks ago , nairaland was off air ,then the danger of gurudependency was highlighted.There is just no way forward other than to Learn.  I have made progress and money and da  FAULT belongs to peeps like EASI , FATHER OF 2, PUMPING ,WW ETC  I cant thank all of you enough but the newbies goota understand you ave to do your own smart and hardwork.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2008
windywendy:

OK thanks. I have other questions though. I'm wondering if I should just send you an email or post it here. Perhaps I should post here so that the forum can benefit:

1. When you issue your mandates by email, do you send it to just your account officer or do you cc other folks (I do this with FSDH just so that in the event that my a/c officer is unable to trade that day, someone else could execute).
2. If you do cc other folks, then can you PLEASE really really please send me their names by email: windywendy121 at hotmail dot com. Thanks.
3. Do you use them for all of your transactions (for instance with FSDH, I use their address for all transactions including Private placements, so they get all of my certificates, dividend warrants, etc and handle from there)

thanks in anticipation of your response.

1. I send an email only to my Relationship Officer. He sends a one liner to confirm receipt. He is an Associate and has others working for him in his team. He has a blackberry so an email is as good as a phone call. He will now forward my request to any of these folks in his team who now take care of my orders. Otherwise, I have no other dealings with them directly.

2. Not Applicable. At times, if the main guy is not around he will tell me to contact any of these other guys directly. It's the only time I deal directly with them.

3. Yes, I use them for all my transactions. Best option but I think you have to request it so ensure it is set up for you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2008
pumping777:

There will be a chance to buy Oceanic at prices lower than it is today when PO profit takers hit the market so for now I will put my money in UBA. I sold My Oceanic on Wednesday.

Got it right . Received my oceanic certs today,and you know whats next ,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2008
Chei!!!. We all have to be "UNITED" next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2008
enurayce:

still waiting for your responses
Father0f2 and pumping777
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2008
easimoni:

Can you expand? I'd like to know what the book says are good buy days and why. Same for sell days. I know it depends on the trend from previous days, but some more info would be nice.

The idea about the monday sell-off day is based on the weekend break that allows peeps in the market to react to the trend of thursdays and fridays.When there is a rally most investors get taken over by the euphoria until the profit takers descend. The real real profit takers are the institutional traders and big money peeps.For instance , NEM opened today @4.51 , the smart money moved in about 11.00 to take profits and push it to max 5% loss for the daytrade.  TRADING FOR A LIVING by ALEXANDER ELDER. A must for any trader.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2008
EMMAACHILE:

Good evening nairalanders
RECOMENDATION ON UNITY
UNITY BANK - SPECULATIVE BUY
My sister told me from confirmed sources in Unity Bank that their offer will be coming in March this year and The price will likely get to 15 naira before they go for an offer.

For those with large minds, you can go for it.
I will be placing a buy on Monday at max price of 10.00 and set traget price at 14 naira.

Thread carefully on this

I don follow you chop Nem ins. Thanx and compliments
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2008
enurayce:

Except some of these insurance stock prices drop next week, I won't recommend any right now. I expect the momentum to cool due to profit takers. Take position then. Most have already declared their 9 months results and Full year results are like 6 months away for most of them. If you are not in already, I think it is better to wait. Remember there will still be surprises. Niger insurance is a good example.

I can't speculate on Oasis unless we know more. Based on what we know now, the fundamentals is scary. Forward PE of 86 based on Q-3 results. There may be something for speculators but I don't accommodate this level of risk.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2008
I am surprised at the turn of events here! sometimes in early december that i mentioned i wanted to cycle into unity bank, some gurus here said there was nothing good about unity bank, that they will never touch it with a ten foot pole.

When i mentioned that i made a fast 40% in the stock in three months, they still told me the bank is as good as dead. They told me i was being sentimental and will make a mistake because i got lucky last time.

Thank God i didnt listen, went ahead and bought me a few hundred k units, and see how una dey praise the so called dead bank!

Na me go sell to una on monday I will offload my unity bank on you guys tongue  grin tongue grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2008
@all
unfortunately UBA is yet to send the daily stock position. will keep you posted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2008
Which 5 stocks will u recommended for buy in the coming week?
pumping777:

Except some of these insurance stock prices drop next week, I won't recommend any right now. I expect the momentum to cool due to profit takers. Take position then. Most have already declared their 9 months results and Full year results are like 6 months away for most of them. If you are not in already, I think it is better to wait. Remember there will still be surprises. Niger insurance is a good example.

I can't speculate on Oasis unless we know more. Based on what we know now, the fundamentals is scary. Forward PE of 86 based on Q-3 results. There may be something for speculators but I don't accommodate this level of risk.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ easimoni

i f i didnt do justice to dat question , will reread the part and post.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2008
as has been mentioned several times over. do your analysis and listen to all gurus and make you decision. remember the loss or profit is ultimately yours and not the gurus.
i believe they spoke in good faith, but you know NSE is no respecter of persons except my Father of 2! shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2008
invisible!:

I am surprised at the turn of events here! sometimes in early december that i mentioned i wanted to cycle into unity bank, some gurus here said there was nothing good about unity bank, that they will never touch it with a ten foot pole.

When i mentioned that i made a fast 40% in the stock in three months, they still told me the bank is as good as dead. They told me i was being sentimental and will make a mistake because i got lucky last time.

Thank God i didnt listen, went ahead and bought me a few hundred k units, and see how una dey praise the so called dead bank!

Na me go sell to una on monday I will offload my unity bank on you guys tongue  grin tongue grin

Oya. Kia kia. Where make I send your cash? grin

It's how the market is. You have to follow your own conviction. Even this one na specualation and it can back fire. I think people at looking at this now because of the mention of a PO which is still over 2 months away. I probably still won't buy anyway.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2008
invisible!:

u de do shakara? who tell u say your fortunes don change? de there now all this na speculation.

make u quick offload ohhh?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Barge,
thanks, will add the book to my library.

@ Invisible!,
I would have slammed Unity a few weeks ago but an upcoming PO (and the results that must be released to curry interest) changes the game. It 's still not a fundamental stock, results are soooo overdue it makes one wonder, but I'm willing to throw,say, 3% of my folio at it in case the gist is true. It's def not a stock I'd recommend otherwise.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ all

attached is Afrinvest dealer's perspective 040108
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2008
Is CCNN and Eternal still a good buy?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2008
@pumping777
Which 5 stocks will u  recommended for buy in the coming week?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2008
EMMAACHILE:

@winywendy
How do you see International Breweries?
Gold Mine Abi?
Just kidding
Happy New Year.

Yes o, it could be a potential goldmine for the long term. If that core investor is able to turn the company around and rebrand the company's products, they might turn the company's fortunes around. Not too sure if they would be able to penetrate the premium market segment successfully that will take some serious muscle and perhaps the introduction of a globally recognized brand of beer (ala champion and becks), but they might be able to effectively compete in the other segments. This is one I missed  wink.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2008
enurayce:

@pumping777
Which 5 stocks will u  recommended for buy in the coming week?

My radar is empty short of UBAand maybe Guinness. I emptied around 50% of my portolio this week and I'm also looking for deals but I'm not seeing anything sweet .

I know there must be some good stuff so I'm going to spend more time looking over the weekend. The current prices are just scary. If I get any weekend jist or lift off some dust over my eyes I will share my post here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2008
unity bank huh? crazy crazy I dont know about all that o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2008
bigjay01:

@Madam

which means u got this gist and kept it your yourself?

u worry oooooohhhhh

Ah not so o! You know how things turned around ever since the show spoilers actually meant to say "silent readers" came on board   grin (referring to the silent millionaires and billionaires that quickly gooble up any stock mentioned on this thread . . .)

Anyway, seriously, this was a hunch. There had been a rumor last year that the bank would be doing a PO and just while browsing the NSE earlier this week I had an inkling something could be up with these guys. Checked up and found that the rumor might indeed be true. I would have shared anyway but you know I can't come here and be recommending stocks based on hunches or inklings na  smiley smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2008
invisible!:

You this man, make you take time oh! Apart from bigboylarry, no one has a crystal ball to tell exactly how a stock will perform. At best, predictions can be made based on fundamentals and maybe some technical analysis. Eventhough I'm not one of those who responded to your inquiry, my guess is that at the time there was nothing exciting about the stock then. The peeps who give recommendations here can only do so based on whatever analysis is available, and if I might add, that takes a lot of work and a generous heart. Sometimes they'll be right, sometimes they'll be wrong. But it's all done in good faith. So make you no lash out at any so-called "guru" for doing their best to provide answers to your inquiries. Abi you dey pay them salary? Oya apologize na na!  angry grin angry angry smiling, but angry smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2008
pumping777:

My radar is empty short of UBAand maybe Guinness. I emptied around 50% of my portolio this week and I'm also looking for deals but I'm not seeing anything sweet  .

I know there must be some good stuff so I'm going to spend more time looking over the weekend. The current prices are just scary. If I get any weekend jist or lift off some dust over my eyes I will share my post here.

Pumping777, thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions.

Don't worry about opportunities. If what happened today is anything to go by, I'll say some opportunities just opened up and will be available next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2008
windywendy:

You this man, make you take time oh! Apart from bigboylarry, no one has a crystal ball to tell exactly how a stock will perform. At best, predictions can be made based on fundamentals and maybe some technical analysis. Eventhough I'm not one of those who responded to your inquiry, my guess is that at the time there was nothing exciting about the stock then. The peeps who give recommendations here can only do so based on whatever analysis is available, and if I might add, that takes a lot of work and a generous heart. Sometimes they'll be right, sometimes they'll be wrong. But it's all done in good faith. So make you no lash out at any so-called "guru" for doing their best to provide answers to your inquiries. Abi you dey pay them salary? Oya apologize na na!  angry grin angry angry smiling, but angry smiley
@ invisible
Windywendy is Seconded. This is a forum that exists on generosity.It 's only God that can say how exactly the market will turn out. We appreciate all responses whether from the long or short term perspective
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2008
Men just coming home.Work just tough today.I no fit see road throughout today.
@enurayce
E be like your finger dey hold biro ready to write one cheque to buy something.
As pumping answered opportunities are coming.Just keep your eyes open on the loosers chart.
But i have to say one strong bank started to pop up today.
Going by what i can see,some will want to quickly offload because of what they just received.
I expect a slight price decline as a result of this (ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL)(IF NAIRALANDERS NO FORCE AM UP OH) .
The 9 month result for this bank is due by anytime this month(maybe end of month) or early feb.
That will be the trigger for this bank to fly,but we all need to be patient for this bank to fall by at least one to two steps before attacking.

@ololufemi
   FCMB will present two opportunities like i wrote on monday.Today would have been good for you to takeout the profit you've made(and also while buyers were available) so you can reinvest the profit next week thursday or friday and get more units. The 9 months is what you await on that stock.

@kpineo
Na all your Access you sell?.E good as you sell sha.Greet your bank manager for me oh.

on 5a and 5b.
  Any other time of the year after a year end is completed,you can get your 25-30% and sell all.Some lay dormant for months after then.
Right now.Most stocks are going to be heading in the general kaduna direction.Up and down during the journey.
Just see them now like a factory just producing money.Take d cash and put back when it declines(even if it is a 10-15% drop) or look for another cheap one that will popup weekly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.