Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817117 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2008
Father of Plenti. Welcome from work. Please answer my question on CCNN and Eternal. Make I still buy?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2008
loma:

Father of Plenti. Welcome from work. Please answer my question on CCNN and Eternal. Make I still buy?

Anyone who bought ccnn at N19 plus just made about 25%.The train has moved a little far for now.It needs to buy fuel.But i expect more.
If Nigerian Breweries drop small on monday,it looks a good candidate for another few weeks of rise.Eterna is still attractive.
UBA also.
But i would advice you generally not to be too anxious.Anything that goes up must come down.Trader no dey moon.
Hold cash,don't mind the current momentum.You won't like the injury from a moving train.Plenty opportunities will start popping up in about two weeks i hope.Look at last year,and 2004.The bulls will run early and slow down to drink water.Its when they're drinking water you jump on their back.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Patogbish: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2008
Thanks Fatherof2. I needed that advice. wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2008
@prince11
haba, ur broker must be very greedy,how can he sell universal @1.50, my firm still submitted forms @1.30 today.search 4 cheaper bargains.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mojoy(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2008
@fatherof2
you appear to be very knowledgeable about this stock mata. I've been buying stocks over the years, but man no get broker. Abeg bros, helep mi recommend broker(s) wey man fit approach. I'd really welcome any advice you can give along side.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2008
Etin, Iconbull,  thanks for your advice as per Universal Insurance PP, I am buying but will try to reduce price!

I'm just thinking about why they are still selling when the last date was in November, is it because it was "undersubscribed".and if  so why ?, Any contibution to this will really help before I send the forms off.

FatherOf 2 , 3 Gbosa for you, You add a special shine to this forum,

Two quick question
On what date will the TS on PHB be lifted?
How far can Diamond go, is it still OK to join to train, ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2008
pls does anyone have the electronic copy of first inland's prospectus? pls share o,

Nig-German is on an interesting move, just broke to a new all-time high (chartists, u dey see?), except its premature, i think we are heading for the 30s and possibly beyond , dun say u werent told.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ all
We have to be careful on these speculative buys I just got wind of gist that some brokers might be behind all these "rumuors" to try and fuel the bull run of some stocks.

Secondly I don't this is a genuine bull market like last year, When the bulls were out last time there was nothing like friday market but that effect is still been seen today. Lastly una no dey fear sef to buy all these insurance stocks? The company with the least forward PE in the sector is probably STDINSURE, WAPIC and LAWUNION all about 25 NEM has a forward PE of about 47. Someone should be in jail for the prices they are trading at. I know say I get appetite for risk but this one pass me. I am placing the insurance stocks on the shelf for now. Having said that, to find stocks with wavy trends these days is so tough. Anyway folks should watch out for CHALLARAMS. When it happens remember who said it first!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2008
grabdaloot:

@ all
We have to be careful on these speculative buys I just got wind of gist that some brokers might be behind all these "rumuors" to try and fuel the bull run of some stocks.

Secondly I don't this is a genuine bull market like last year, When the bulls were out last time there was nothing like friday market but that effect is still been seen today. Lastly una no dey fear sef to buy all these insurance stocks? The company with the least forward PE in the sector is probably STDINSURE, WAPIC and LAWUNION all about 25 NEM has a forward PE of about 47. Someone should be in jail for the prices they are trading at. I know say I get appetite for risk but this one pass me. I am placing the insurance stocks on the shelf for now. Having said that, to find stocks with wavy trends these days is so tough. Anyway folks should watch out for CHALLARAMS. When it happens remember who said it first!!

Actually, think WanajO mentioned CHELLARAMS a while back, sorry to bust your bubble grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2008
@grabdaloot,
u are my guy and the 1st to send us down the RSI etc path, but Chellaram? The stock is soooo sound but moved >50k units only 15 times in the past 12 months. The free float must be very small because the outstanding shares are more than NGC's. If we could get in, we would. Are the planning a PO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2008
@kpineo

I dey wait for your daily file o, na dat file some of us dey take trade
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2008
@all
read thru firsinland prospectus today.its juicy forecats p/e for april 2008 is 92kobo.at current mkt prc,forward p/e is 14.7. i am bidding big time on monday!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2008
@easimoni
oga,hapi new year.got winds of the turnaround in chellarams sicne auagust,when it was N3.havent bin able to get one unit since! any insight on the shareholding structure or availabilty
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 12:24am On Jan 05, 2008
@easimoni, pls hold off on the Orient PP. Doesn't look realistic. I'll take a better look this weekend and let you know my thoughts further.

Also, the chams pp is out! JUIICCCYYY infact just reading the prospectus is almost making me dance in my seat right now grin grin. Ends second week in Feb. Will share further next week.

Wonderful weekend everyone. Don't forget to spend quality time with your families!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 12:34am On Jan 05, 2008
windywendy:

@easimoni, please hold off on the Orient PP. Doesn't look realistic. I'll take a better look this weekend and let you know my thoughts further.

Also, the chams pp is out! JUIICCCYYY infact just reading the prospectus is almost making me dance in my seat right now  grin grin. Ends second week in Feb. Will share further next week.

Wonderful weekend everyone. Don't forget to spend quality time with your families!

Please can you forward the prospectus ,being on the look out for the firm for some time . Abeg i dey wait .

Guaranty Trust Assurance PP will be out in a few weeks . Will update as soon as its on.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Octupus(f): 12:56am On Jan 05, 2008
@Windywendy.Quoting you:
“Anyway, seriously, this was a hunch. There had been a rumor last year that the bank would be doing a PO and just while browsing the NSE earlier this week I had an inkling something could be up with these guys. Checked up and found that the rumor might indeed be true. I would have shared anyway but you know I can't come here and be recommending stocks based on hunches or inklings na ”

Not good enough ma.Next time share with the house whether it’s a hunch/rumour or confirmed. You never can tell,someone in the house may be in a position to confirm and spill the true gist for all to profit.

@Invisible!. Quoting you:
“I am surprised at the turn of events here! sometimes in early decemberDecembermentioned i wanted to cycle into unity bank, some gurus here said there was nothing good about unity bank, that they will never touch it with a ten foot pole.

When i mentioned that i made a fast 40% in the stock in three months, they still told me the bank is as good as dead. They told me i was being sentimental and will make a mistake because i got lucky last time.

Thank God i didnt lididn't went ahead and bought me a few hundred k units, and see how una dey praise the so called dead bank!

Na me go sell to una on monday I will offload my unity bank on you guys ”

Thank GOD indeed, you didn’t listen. It's good to speculate on stocks, but no body can be as accurate as The Holy Spirit. All Christians on this thread should note that. So always pray over your trades. Let the hunch from God guide you.Dont just follow the trend. I just thought at this point, I should remind us of that, since interestingly, people have generally, been silent on this issue. The Holy Spirit never fails. We will do well to depend more on Him, than on any equity fundamentals or technicalities. I think it was you, “invisible!”, that once said, somewhere on this thread, that they(too much grammar on fundamentals and technicals) gave you "Headaches”; D.

Happy investing in 2008 to all!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Octupus(f): 1:01am On Jan 05, 2008
@Windywendy.Quoting you:
“Anyway, seriously, this was a hunch. There had been a rumor last year that the bank would be doing a PO and just while browsing the NSE earlier this week I had an inkling something could be up with these guys. Checked up and found that the rumor might indeed be true. I would have shared anyway but you know I can't come here and be recommending stocks based on hunches or inklings na ”

Not good enough ma.Next time share with the house whether it’s a hunch/rumour or confirmed. You never can tell,someone in the house may be in a position to confirm and spill the gist for all to profit.

@Invisible!. Quoting you:
“I am surprised at the turn of events here! sometimes in early december that i mentioned i wanted to cycle into unity bank, some gurus here said there was nothing good about unity bank, that they will never touch it with a ten foot pole.

When i mentioned that i made a fast 40% in the stock in three months, they still told me the bank is as good as dead. They told me i was being sentimental and will make a mistake because i got lucky last time.

Thank God i didnt listen, went ahead and bought me a few hundred k units, and see how una dey praise the so called dead bank!

Na me go sell to una on monday I will offload my unity bank on you guys ”

Thank GOD indeed, you didn’t listen! It's good to speculate on stocks, but no body can be as accurate as The Holy Spirit. All Christians on this thread should note that. So always pray over your trades. Dont just follow the trend.Let the hunch from God guide you. I just thought at this point, I should remind us of that, since interestingly, people have generally, been silent on this issue. The Holy Spirit never fails. We will do well to depend more on Him, than any equity fundamentals or technicalities. I think it was you, “invisible!”, that once said, somewhere on this thread, that they(too much grammar on fundamentals and technicals) gave you "Headaches”; D.

Happy investing in 2008 to all!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 2:03am On Jan 05, 2008
iconbull:

@all
read through firsinland prospectus today.its juicy forecats p/e for april 2008 is 92kobo.at current mkt prc,forward p/e is 14.7. i am bidding big time on monday!
Please note that the eps calculations on the First Inland prospectus is very weird, almost bordering on fraudulent.
For 2008, eps has been calculated using only about 10 billion shares,
for 2009 and 2010, eps was calculated using 15 billion shares.
I wouldnt even consider any eps meaningful for first inland except it was calculated using the rightful 20 billion shares or more which the bank should have post offer.
the forecast also looks weird,  with all the capitalisation expected from this offer exceeding 100 billion, only 9 billion PAT is expected in 2008 and then a giant leap to 25 billion in 2009.

Having said that i am actually buying some units, why? i have seen worse offers do better. There are a few positives that make the offer worth it despite the obvious discrepancies
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by agerrad: 2:29am On Jan 05, 2008
smiley smiley gilrs re silly dat dey allow boys 2 decieve dem cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:45am On Jan 05, 2008
@ww et-al
keep doing the best u can, expose what u know then the decision to take risk is at our hand, u said Unity bank, right! Yeah i will go for it. father of 2, have disciple me with his cycling theory and i'm making with it. Thanks.
This trend is informative. Supposing we get a club For it Seun deserve a reinforcemen.!
Wenn!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 2:52am On Jan 05, 2008
@ ALL, Happy new prosperous year.

For those that could not resist POs/IPOs, here is the link for the First Inland bank prospectus.
Click on subscribe now to get to the form and prospectus.
[url=http://firstinlandbankplc.net/offer/offer.asp[url=http://]]][/url]http://firstinlandbankplc.net/offer/offer.asp[url][/url]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:46am On Jan 05, 2008
Octupus:

@Windywendy.Quoting you:
Not good enough ma.Next time share with the house whether it’s a hunch/rumour or confirmed. You never can tell,someone in the house may be in a position to confirm and spill the true gist for all to profit.

Not good enough ke? By whose score card na? grin grin I DON'T make recommendations based on hunches, so you can safely forget about that ever happening.

@All, just thought to upload the Chams PP memo before going to bed. Def something to chow on this weekend. Already 100% underwritten . . . Amazing who no like beta thing?!. See link attached:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJRTQYTY
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 8:14am On Jan 05, 2008
happy new year to all.

i used this xmas break to look at tips and information on stocks and every thing is just jamming in my head.
na God go help us.

@ pumping
i sent you a mail.
please take a look at it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 8:41am On Jan 05, 2008
@all
for those intrested in Trading for a Living
by Dr Alex Elder

it can be downloaded from

http://www.esnips.com/doc/39960859-05b5-4078-a22a-648846815780/Elder--Alexander---Trading-for-a-Living

currently downloading it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2008
@ windy wendy and other gurus, my sister I apologize, in fact this market baffles me. I have said this somewhere in this thread that all these analysis and technical computations, the moving average whatever, whatever, the sleepless nights spent trying to read meanings into chart patterns and trend lines could end up throwing more confusion into ones brain.

I love this forum and will still try to follow all guru recommendations until I become a guru and start giving my own recommendations. However I bought unity bank because it was the cheapest bank on sale. No extensive analysis, yet it later turned out to be the right decision.

I was joking I will sell unity bank on Monday; I will never sell my holdings until after Dec. 31 2008. No shaking. This is because I want to see how that strategy will work after doing a lot of trading last year 2007. I will then compare and know which to follow.

I know there will be a time to regret that strategy, when you see you paper profits evaporating, or what my friend pumping777 called ‘spread sheet profits’. But remember it will bounce back, it always does, if it is a ‘sound’ stock you are buying.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:30am On Jan 05, 2008
Sorry to draw us back, but how much is the F/ inland offer going for?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2008
oore:

@ ALL, Happy new prosperous year.

For those that could not resist POs/IPOs, here is the link for the First Inland bank prospectus.
Click on subscribe now to get to the form and prospectus.
[url=http://firstinlandbankplc.net/offer/offer.asp[url=http://]]][/url]http://firstinlandbankplc.net/offer/offer.asp[url=http://firstinlandbankplc.net/offer/naira.asp?parent=68&id=70][/url]

Sorry the link did not work before.

http://firstinlandbankplc.net/offer/naira.asp?parent=68&id=70
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2008
@ALL,

thanx WW & oore for the links
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2008
@Prince11

TS now is supposed to be two weeks after offer ends,but going by FCMB.It could  be from 14th if not next week.
Diamond is getting late particularly considering if you buy on monday 5% higher than yesterdays price.
Six months result is getting due/overdue.And its approaching its fair value at this stage even without announcement.
I bought at N17.80 and plan to take out next week.
This run i suspect is a just a quick speculative run.It needs to make another fall in preparation for result.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2008
@

yesterday's stock position

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2008
You this man, make you take time oh! Apart from bigboylarry, no one has a crystal ball to tell exactly how a stock will perform. At best, predictions can be made based on fundamentals and maybe some technical analysis. Eventhough I'm not one of those who responded to your inquiry, my guess is that at the time there was nothing exciting about the stock then. The peeps who give recommendations here can only do so based on whatever analysis is available, and if I might add, that takes a lot of work and a generous heart. Sometimes they'll be right, sometimes they'll be wrong. But it's all done in good faith. So make you no lash out at any so-called "guru" for doing their best to provide answers to your inquiries. Abi you dey pay them salary? Oya apologize na na! smiling, but angry

AS I OPEN MY CRYTAL BALL I SEE B/4 ME: THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY: BUT THE BEST PERFORMING STOCKS ARE STILL ON THE WAY SO WATCHOUT TREAD SOFTLYYOO!!!.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2008
windywendy:

Not good enough ke? By whose score card na? grin grin I DON'T make recommendations based on hunches, so you can safely forget about that ever happening.

@All, just thought to upload the Chams PP memo before going to bed. Def something to chow on this weekend. Already 100% underwritten . . . Amazing who no like beta thing?!. See link attached:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJRTQYTY

@is it that juicyyyyyyyyyyyyy? is this by invitation only?. If so, then i have go and find my IM diary quick quick.

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.