Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,800 members, 7,862,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820239 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kevyngbash(m): 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2008
pumping777:

I am now convinced that you are running the NSE from your bedroom se grin grin grin Your insights dey too bam.

This week has been an excellent profit extraction week and all from stocks bought in the last 2 weeks. Chei!!!

I have promised myself to remove all greed from my vocabulary. I no dey board for any company on the NSE.

What did some folks call it? Cycling in and out? I love the phrase jo!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
This Fatherof2 sef, na waoooo.
Human beings are born with different gifts. Some come out very stunning, like Fatherof2.
encouraging other and, somehow, creating a new order.
Haaa!!!!!!. I am still small oo but take all d 3 gbozas
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2008
@ Prince11
Universal Insurance PP.

I know this was sometimes last November , but my broker just told me that he can get me the minimum unit (100,000) at 1.50k per unit.

Is it good or bad idea and any info about this company.

I have to decide sharp sharp,

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

The official price was N95000.00 for 100000units. I would suggest you contact the actual issuing house and buy directly from them. You can download the forms and propsectus from the link below. It would contain the issuing house and other agent details.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/4771497/b764036b/sharing.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 11:59pm On Jan 03, 2008
For some of the Insurance stock,  i am definitely convinced that somebody is mopping the floor for the likes of Lasaco and co,  check reports it has been on strong bid for a while. I do not expect it to loose steam until some people get their 100% returns,  at N6
Moreover, last quarter result for Lasaco was very good compared to same period last year,  unfortunately, this is the only insurance stock i have,

As you na don spill beans about UBA,  I have heard "tread carefully" with the stock, but i definitely agree it is on sale right now in comparison to the others.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 1:43am On Jan 04, 2008
I use Futureview in Abuja.Don't know about their Lagos office but I presume they operate from their Lagos office.Minimum account opening is 500K(in naira).

I give my account officer orders by email and they are executed almost immediately.
My account officer is very nice to me.Very friendly Wink as well,maybe that might explain the prompt service I am getting.

@ Blueband - thanks for the response. I think that if I'm to proceed with FV I need to get a good Relationship Manager.

@ blueband, have you ever accessed your updated account statement online on the FutureView website?
I think you missed this post by Question. I would also like you response to this, thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 1:46am On Jan 04, 2008
@Gudchoice
Consider Vetiva.

Upside
-I haven't had a lot of the issues mentioned here.
- They have been very professional and responsive. Been with them 6 months. N1 mil to open.
- The on-line portal works well. I issue orders on-line before I go to sleep (EST), before I wake up order executed and contract note issued. The only time I get emails is when the order is not executed usually due to price limit I set or scarcity.
- I like the fact almost all my communication with them is via email.

Downside
- I would say the service is not personal, used to have an account officer but now get an email from the equity sales distribution list. Not an issue for me though.
- Also don't like that I have to mail the PO forms since I do not have a nominee account with them though an exception was made recently for me. Again shouldn't be an issue going forward as I am fed up with the PO/IPO thing.
- Broker commission is 1.5%. Tried to renegotiate after FO2 revealed broker commission is negotiable but no joy. However it seems 1.5% is the norm for mainstream brokers except maybe for ZSL which I understand is 1%.

@ NBA - thanks 4ur response. I was also considering Vetiva, but the downside you highlighted is important to me, so I'll have 2 look elsewhere.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lailai2(m): 2:02am On Jan 04, 2008
what y'all feel about uacn, been doin well
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 2:04am On Jan 04, 2008
I have the same problem you have and if u happen to find a solution please do post it, thx.
- richieade

@ Richieade - problems still remains. About to install Metastock v9, but I'm wondering what version Koksieboy has and if he wouldn't mind sharing. smiley

@ ManJiro or Koksieboy - I beg o, do you have Metastock? If yes, could you send me a copypretty please? my addy is elpusman1 at hotmail.com.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 5:01am On Jan 04, 2008
Gudchoice:

- richieade

@ Richieade - problems still remains. About to install Metastock v9, but I'm wondering what version Koksieboy has and if he wouldn't mind sharing. smiley

@ ManJiro or Koksieboy - I beg o, do you have Metastock? If yes, could you send me a copypretty please? my addy is elpusman1 at hotmail.com.

@Gudchoice, all

After learning so much from the generousity of everyone on the forum, I'd have been very delighted to share Metastock v10 legally if I have it. However, it's available as a torrent at www.isohunt.com but be aware that it contains keyloggers that track your computer activities but this can be removed by scanning with a good spyware or antivirus.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 8:42am On Jan 04, 2008
@fatherof2

I have this question for you pls. anybody can also answer pls.

this your Yo Yo formular i.e get in and out can you help me arrange it properly.

1. find a fudemetally good stock
2. find out their end of year of the company.
3. find out the expected date of anncoucement of result.
4. use RSI to check if it is not yet overbought
5. take position. - fixing an exit point of 20% to 30% depending on the volume bought.
6. check the momentum (daily price and volume)
7. listen to "rumur" around that stock.
8. sell when ok.
9. grin to bank.

if i miss any point pls insert it, if it is not properly arrange pls rearrange it for me. thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 8:49am On Jan 04, 2008
@ all

BY THE WAY WHERE IS OGA WANAJ0. HE CAN'T JUST LEAVE US LIKE THIS O.

OGA WANAJO WE BEG YOU TALK, ANY THING [sub]ANY THING YOU SAY WILL BE MORE THAN 20 PAGES OF SOME PPL[/sub]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:01am On Jan 04, 2008
harrisoft:

@fatherof2

I have this question for you please. anybody can also answer please.

this your Yo Yo formular i.e get in and out can you help me arrange it properly.

1. find a fudemetally good stock
2. find out their end of year of the company.
3. find out the expected date of anncoucement of FY and INTERIM result.
4. use RSI to check if it is not yet overbought
5. take position. - fixing an exit point of 20% to 30% (VALID WITHIN THE YEAR BUT NOT DURING REPORTING SEASON)depending on the volume bought.
5b. EXTRACT PROFITS AS THEY COME.
6. check the momentum (daily price and volume)
7. listen to "rumur" around that stock.
8. sell when ok.
9. grin to bank.

if i miss any point please insert it, if it is not properly arrange please rearrange it for me. thanks.

ITS INSERTED.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:54am On Jan 04, 2008
I would really want to trade stocks on the NSE but the inefficiencies of our brokers, and the general market problems, like unavailability of good shares has forced me to take a longer term look at the market.

Perhaps I will be the only person doing this in this forum, but I intend to trade nothing at all no matter how much it appreciates or depreciates. I will only use fresh funds and dividends to buy good stocks of the moment.

I will try this for a year and see how I perform by 31/12/2008.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2008
@ Savy,

Wetin you hear about UBA. Share it for the house.

me thinks that logically, if UBA is not in a mad bull run like others, it means some people are dropping it to make an entry when they cash out of this mad bull run.

I expect UBA to start a rally soonest

Just my view any others.

@ Fatherof2.

Baba, I definitely know you have more hind sight and knowledge on this.

Our Fatherofall on nairaland.

Almighty Father dey above in heaven oh, before some people sey I dey blasphem grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 11:39am On Jan 04, 2008
This same UBA Ololufemi, ha. Everyone loves it now and the company is dropping value? Quite unusual I must say. So what may be responsible for this, if it loses more today, I will call off any more purchases until we know the facts behind the scenes.

Maybe a director is shedding weight or something like that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2008
@ Invisible,

This same UBA Ololufemi, ha. Everyone loves it now and the company is dropping value? Quite unusual I must say. So what may be responsible for this, if it loses more today, I will call off any more purchases until we know the facts behind the scenes.

Maybe a director is shedding weight or something like that.

Beats my imagination. But as the price drops further, the PE drops further making it more enticing. who has a current forward PE based on the last price. share it so we can analyse.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 11:57am On Jan 04, 2008
The technical analysts say when a stock has breached its 52 wk high is a positive sign of things to come. About 2 stocks now have surpassed their 52wk high. yes AGLEVENT is one of them. No thanks to you folks on this forum that has made it unreachable to the common man like me. But I will not relent I'll keep pursuing that one I believe in it strongly.

@Fatherof2

Na wa for you!! are you sure say you no be Ndidi PA? Anyway Eternaoil just finalized plans for restructuring and expansion of thier downstream activities and includes a technical patnership with a major downstream player in Europe!! My question is how you take know wey make u dey preach Eternaoil since abi you dey see vision. Expect the new to hit the street anytime soon
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2008
See what trading did to me last year, I was holding down 200k plus AG Leventis until I got some negative press from this forum about the company. That was when they announced a very small rise in their PAT (I think less than 10%)

i panicked and sold at 3.95, bought at 3.61, now see me now cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ All,

all my ogas on his forum, whats happening on the floor. any more surges.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nimshi: 12:38pm On Jan 04, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Invisible,

Beats my imagination. But as the price drops further, the PE drops further making it more enticing. who has a current forward PE based on the last price. share it so we can analyse.

Based on a conservative projected growth of 35%, forward PE is 19.4 per yesterday's closing price. Bump the PAT growth to 45%, and you get a PE of 18.1.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Fatherof2, Pumping, Yodiyokun, easimoni and all stock experts,

It seems that there are a lot of silent readers on this thread and I can confirm this. As the news for UBA don come this floor, expect it to be out of reach next week.
grin grin grin grin grin

Theres still love insharing info and we all are happy to do so abi.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nimshi: 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2008
invisible!:

See what trading did to me last year, I was holding down 200k plus AG Leventis until I got some negative press from this forum about the company. That was when they announced a very small rise in their PAT (I think less than 10%)

i panicked and sold at 3.95, bought at 3.61, now see me now cry

No sadness; you didn't sell at a loss; even after fees and commissions, you were still about 3.8% clear
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2008
@all
Wheen do i start trading shares gotten from a Rights issue?

@ Frankiriri

How do i get more shares than alloted as my rights in the current Zenith offer.Response ASAP will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2008
Eagerly awaiting close of play for today. placed sell order on my Access.
@Father of 2
oga mi, you see say you pickin dey listen. even though im wan dey stubborn before. Still no show on my Aiico, asked my broker to up the offer to 3.75. will let you know how things pan out.
@all
just in case anyone didn't now like me FBN has creditted their bonus shares from last years 1 for 6. a little surplus to use to do some cycling. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Nimshi, true there was some small profit but i see that hanging on would have fetched me more dough.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2008
market closed. Access only gained 0.40%
days low was 25. high was 25.99 close 25.30
@Father of 2
am a discipline for life, your insights are too balm.
you can be assured i will not be the Judas amongst your disciples, but i fit do Peter oh grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ ALL
REPLIESS NEEDED PLS!!!!
Does anyone feel oceanic will still experience a price surge?Lost N1.02 today.expert views all welcomes ASAP.

Which stocks are highly recommended by the experts?

Where is the future of Oasis insurance in 4 months from now?

Lastly does anyone has any info on the prosposed ETB pp,please lets have the details?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:05pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ All,

First bank has credited bonus shares for last FY.

Makes some more cash available for investing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:05pm On Jan 04, 2008
@all
anyone checked the market yet.
oceanic don tire, ibtc awake, PHB getting set for take off. Nairalanders don go face UBA oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ ENURAYCE,

You wan make Oceanic reach N50. its was obvious that profit takers would set in.

Fatherof2 has told us this a lot of times.

Imagine someone who bought at 28/29 in early December and decided to sell at N39+ yesterday.

That is a cool 40%.

Putting in N1 million gives you N400,000 profit staight within about a month.

Besides the closure date is near. Watch what will happen after the closure date.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2008
How high did IBTC close, anyone?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ All,

Nairalanders have all swooped on UBA.

Haba na wa for una oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2008

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.