Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,350 members, 7,868,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821043 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ All,

Prices for today,

IBTC closed at 22.07
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2008
kpineo:

@all
anyone checked the market yet.
oceanic don tire, ibtc awake, PHB getting set for take off. Nairalanders don go face UBA oh.

We predicted Oceanic movement already. Buyers from yesterday will not qualify for dividends so interest would have waned by yesterday.

What do you mean that PHB getting set to take off? Have you confirmed the date TS will be lifted?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2008
ololufemi:

@ ENURAYCE,

You wan make Oceanic reach N50. its was obvious that profit takers would set in.

Fatherof2 has told us this a lot of times.

Imagine someone who bought at 28/29 in early December and decided to sell at N39+ yesterday.

That is a cool 40%.

Putting in N1 million gives you N400,000 profit staight within about a month.

Besides the closure date is near. Watch what will happen after the closure date.

The real closure date for Oceanic was last Monday. If you buy from yesterday, you don't qualify for the dividends. Institutional investors will know this and avoid the stock.

It was broken down earlier on the forum but I suspect you only read one poster's comments grin grin grin Just kidding.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2008
FatherOF2:

5. take position. - fixing an exit point of 20% to 30% (VALID WITHIN THE YEAR BUT NOT DURING REPORTING SEASON)depending on the volume bought.
5b. EXTRACT PROFITS AS THEY COME.

ITS INSERTED.

@Fatherof2
Thanks for your respon the whole thing is getting clearer,
Please can you put more light on 5(a) and 5(b), thank you.

@ all,
i have been copying all fatherof2 (trader) post since the day he showed up on this tread, print them and reading them, inb/w the lines there is always something, you don't get it if you are not looking for it,

same for wanaj0, (investor) his is a diffrent ball game , if you read his comment , you can't go wrong,

I once say Wanaj0 is father & fatherof2 is mother on this tread,

factor two of thier post together you make good money ,

I had this N500k in October 2007, wanajo advice me to buy cursader put it the money became N650 (by Nov 2007) in less than a month, put it into oceanic (fatherof2 theory) and it became N850. (Dec 2007) now the money is in, too small to mention till it click, TO MANY BIG BOYS AROUND,

BUTTOM LINE: IF YOU ARE NOT A GURU OR NOT USED TO OBV, RSI,PE RATION, DPS, ETC, CHATING, MACD, SMA, EMA, OBJ, EFCC, READ INB/W THE LINE WHEN WANAJ0 & FATHEROF2 SPEAKS FACTOR IN COMMON SENCE , YOU MAKE MONEY  grin  grin  grin SIMPLE.

FINALLY, @ SEUN do you read ever page of this tread, i will be happy if you respond.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2008
i serously doubt PHB going up after the TS,considering the hudge discount(35%) on the ipo.
most investors of the bank must have bought heavy on the public,
so will be offloading in the secondry market to recoup their cash.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2008
hbrednic:

i serously doubt PHB going up after the TS,considering the hudge discount(35%) on the ipo.
most investors of the bank must have bought heavy on the public,
so will be offloading in the secondry market to recoup their cash.

I don't agree with this theory. Existing investors try to offload during TS to buy the PO.

Investors don't even know how much of the new PO shares they will get and when. If the banking stock prices remain at current levels when TS is lifted, expected a northward move.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2008
I agree with pumping, selling youe secondary market stake when you are still not sure of the qty you will be allocated sounds untrue.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mcsamson1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2008
does anyone know the year end of vitafoam. thanks. secondly should i sell my lasaco. i bought it at 3.17 two  months ago
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2008
those that can move the market knows exactly the qty they will be getting.
remember some people have special alotts.
same as zenith now,from 100.000 units.u are good to go.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2008
Selling your lasaco will only be justified if you have reached your objective on that stock. Moreover do you still see the company doing well going forward? If so hold on.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Oga Pumping777

E sho ara yin oh. make I no vex or I go yan. grin grin grin grin

na past and present tense dey worry me. Anyway, the bottomline na make them sell the stock, make cash enter.

Spreadsheet money is very dangerous.

Spreadsheet money dey also fall easily.

If my broker did not sell on wednesday, I go vex for am seriously.

Happy new year Oga Pumping777
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ngegy: 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2008
hello house,
I learnt that the closure of UBA N1.2 is 7th jan. Is it mine if I bought on 03 jan?
any recommendations about japaul?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2008
hbrednic:

those that can move the market knows exactly the qty they will be getting.
remember some people have special alotts.
same as zenith now,from 100.000 units.u are good to go.

I will only ask you to check out the current net bids on PHB and Zenith on the floor. PO is long term business. Institutional investors will continue trading till then.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2008
@Ngegy, you are very ver qualified for the div. If it is on 7th that it will close. Japauls last result was good enough, a buy is recommended.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Oga Pumping777

E sho ara yin oh. make I no vex or I go yan. grin grin grin grin

na past and present tense dey worry me. Anyway, the bottomline na make them sell the stock, make cash enter.

Spreadsheet money is very dangerous.

Spreadsheet money dey also fall easily.

If my broker did not sell on wednesday, I go vex for am seriously.

Happy new year Oga Pumping777

I salute o!! Happy new year. This your theory above na better theory. Traders beware grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ pumping, ololufemi, which one be spredsheet money again?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2008
harrisoft:

@Fatherof2
Thanks for your respon the whole thing is getting clearer,
Please can you put more light on 5(a) and 5(b), thank you.

@ all,
i have been copying all fatherof2 (trader) post since the day he showed up on this tread, print them and reading them, inb/w the lines there is always something, you don't get it if you are not looking for it,

same for wanaj0, (investor) his is a diffrent ball game , if you read his comment , you can't go wrong,

I once say Wanaj0 is father & fatherof2 is mother on this tread,

factor two of their post together you make good money ,

I had this N500k in October 2007, wanajo advice me to buy cursader put it the money became N650 (by Nov 2007) in less than a month, put it into oceanic (fatherof2 theory) and it became N850. (Dec 2007) now the money is in, too small to mention till it click, TO MANY BIG BOYS AROUND,

BUTTOM LINE: IF YOU ARE NOT A GURU OR NOT USED TO OBV, RSI,PE RATION, DPS, ETC, CHATING, MACD, SMA, EMA, OBJ, EFCC, READ INB/W THE LINE WHEN WANAJ0 & FATHEROF2 SPEAKS FACTOR IN COMMON SENCE , YOU MAKE MONEY  grin  grin  grin SIMPLE.

FINALLY, @ SEUN do you read ever page of this tread, i will be happy if you respond.

Haba. Even after you have put the money in a particular stock, you still don't want to say?? I believe that if the theory fails this time, you will not say a word. Talking about your profit after the fact is easy. The real task is predicting it.

If you keep your choice to yourself until you make profit, then how are you contributing to the thread? If Wanaj0 and Fatherof2 only talk of their choices after they have cashed to the bank, what is there for others to benefit grin grin

No mind my strong tone. I just want make you divulge this new "Diamond" stock you just put the money in  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2008
thanks a lot PUMPING,
i will hold on to my PHB cos fear be don dey catch man before,considerable unit,why man no go shake.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Pumping777,

Proud to be a student of Fatherof2.

My FCMB don do 23% today oh. Should I sell or wait till it gets to 70%.  grin grin grin grin

I think it might still gain more on monday and that might be the last day.

Just a hunch.

I also support you.

Who wants to tie down money and expect another Firstbank fiasco with a mere annualised 5% when you can make a non annualised 20%  to 30%.

Institutional investors are always money thinking people. Dont want to throw away their money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2008
Maybe that diamond stock is Diamond bank! Hahahahah!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ngegy: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2008
@pumping
pumping777:

The real closure date for Oceanic was last Monday. If you buy from yesterday, you don't qualify for the dividends. Institutional investors will know this and avoid the stock.

It was broken down earlier on the forum but I suspect you only read one poster's comments grin grin grin Just kidding.

I just received an email update from meristem stating that the closure for Oceanic dividend is on 7th jan, that is next monday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2008
invisible!:

@ pumping, ololufemi, which one be spredsheet money again?

I heard this exact phrase first from fatherof2 though it is recognized in many different ways.

It is the appreciation on the stock you have not sold. Until you sell you get nothing. If the price falls, you lose all these "paper" profit. Real profit comes when you sell and get your cash.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2008
ngegy:

@pumping
I just received an email update from meristem stating that the closure for Oceanic dividend is on 7th jan, that is next monday.

I posted the same information earlier this week. You have to understand that it takes 3 trading days for your name to appear on the register. If you bought your Oceanic yesterday, your name gets on the register on January 8th so you don't qualify for the bonus. Take note of this important fact because the same applies to bonus.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ololufemi
we are in the same boat as per FCMB,
though i've made close to 30%,still confused wether to hold on till april,(greed might not be goodoooh)
or cash out and wait for big threat to finish its newcomers rally.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Invisible,

Fatherof2 elaborated more on this.

Spreadsheet money is money you calculate based on the current stock price and your holdings. It is near cash but not cash.

It has to be sold to be converted to cash. once it is sold and converted to cash, whether the price drops , it does not affect you.

This is why people are adviced to sell when they get to their exit price / meet their objective.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Father of 2

I am not a good praise singer but I do recognise talents when I see one; Father of 2 you are right about your theory of Thursday and Friday profit takers. I doubted your talent at first (especially) yesterday when all the stocks were still green but to my greatest surprise today, more than halve of the stocks on NSE are in red. Majority of the greener ones all traded at a minimum percentage.

I guess pumping was right when he said you control the NSE from your bedroom.  grin

Keep it up o!!!   wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2008
Before we get carried away, there are many folks on this thread that have given us very accurate predictions using varying theories and strategies.

For me, the idea is in blending the different styles with your own and churning out the profits. No single strategy is foolproof.

Fundamentals still work big time. I gave a list of 5 stocks on December 26th based on fundamentals. In 6 trading days, the stocks have appreciated 32% (AGLeventis), 26%(BetaGlass), 19%(Lawunion), 32%(Unic) and 3% (UBA).

How much better does it get in less than 2 weeks?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2008
" "
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2008
@pumping777
ok you are correct it is diamond. grin grin grin Wanaj0 personally told me it is undervalued at N18.00 so i put my cash there
exit priced is 60%, waiting for 1yr if need be, I MUST EXIT A MILLIONARE , I WILL TAKE THE CHQ, PHOTOCOPY IT AND , don't mind me it will be my first million. But you be "witch" how you take know,

@ all
one day on this tread wanaj0 and fatherof2 were dicussing they mention four stock, fatherof2 told wanaj0 thank you,
make una look those stock well well, something dey, i put some free money into one the one what was N8.8,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ Fatherof2,

Any good news for your boys.

Your school is swelling day by day.

The stuff you promised me, if you know how many silent readers don dey call me dey beseige me for the stuff.

You have shown your prowess and I salute you.

I still remain loyal to your government always.

My FCMB is on 23% based on TS price 9N17.45. Should I sell cause it did 4.98% today.

Already sold the one I bought at N15
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2008
harrisoft:

@pumping777
@ all
one day on this tread wanaj0 and fatherof2 were dicussing they mention four stock, fatherof2 told wanaj0 thank you,
make una look those stock well well, something dey, i put some free money into one the one what was N8.8,

Harrisoft are you saying there is more to it than just the discussion?
If so, then they are the Da Vinci of Nairaland, can you please be the Dan Brown that will decode the whole thing for us?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ All,

This year is a blessed year for profits

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.