Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,360 members, 7,868,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:47 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821048 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2008
Pumping,
I beg o. Is this UBA result for real

Wake up and smell the coffee my brother.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2008
@Lawalidowu
@all
y is UBA price still going down?

I believe the price has been marked down for dividend
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2008
UBA and Oceanic were adjusted for dividend payment today, that explains the 'drop' in price.

Has anyone tried to buy Zenith lately? Looks like it's on strong bid. angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2008
@TeeHay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People,
This year is already looking very intretsing!!!!, Check out Oceanic's 1st Quarter:

2007 2006 Change
Gross Income 31.114 12.943 +140.39%
PBT (=N=Bill) 10.922 4.200 +160.05%
PAT (NB) 8.847 3.499 +152.84%

Those with Oceanic PO Certificates, this looks interesting, can this earnings absolve all the prsent shares + PO Shares and remain with projected EPS above 2??

By the way what is happening to WAPCO anyone got some gist??, lost N4.12 today,

Annualised earnings will be around N1.60
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2008
upward:

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/dailyposition.php

Looks like the bears have not gone too far. Most stocks lost today, almost all the insurance stocks lost some amounts today, just for a few. What can one say to NSE??

The bear has left the building for long; it’s the damages he left behind we are seeing now. My guess is that as from Wednesday, the dust will be cleared.

To every disadvantage there are some blessings, so na another chance to take postion bi dis.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TeeHay(m): 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2008
afamako:

@TeeHay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People,
This year is already looking very intretsing!!!!, Check out Oceanic's 1st Quarter:

2007 2006 Change
Gross Income 31.114 12.943 +140.39%
PBT (=N=Bill) 10.922 4.200 +160.05%
PAT (NB) 8.847 3.499 +152.84%

Those with Oceanic PO Certificates, this looks interesting, can this earnings absolve all the prsent shares + PO Shares and remain with projected EPS above 2??

By the way what is happening to WAPCO anyone got some gist??, lost N4.12 today,

Annualised earnings will be around N1.60

@ afamako,
Thanks.
With Average Banking PE of 25-30, fundamentally Oceanic should be doing =N=40-48 based on this result. But I dont think this result would prevent guys from exchanging Certifcates for Cash. Maybe wise to just wait for the next 3-4months and let Oceanic lull a little bit before jumping in.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2008
ha ha, lovely.

i see my brothers are applying learnt knowledge. well done fellas.

UBA is looking "not bad", if these earnings are to be believed. their brand name is well known too. one possible downside is the nickname that their CEO has in the sector, "cowboy".
i didn't say it, people did. he is seen as an "at all cost kinda guy which may be good at times but one should be careful. it could go either way i think.

lets wait and see.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ All,

Learn as the day progresses from the masters eg Fatherof2, Wanaj0, pumping, aktopgun, easimoni, et al.

Do not be greedy, set your exit points and move before any grizzly bear comes to the floor.

Take a seat back and study the market.

look out for lower PE stocks compared with industry averages and ensure the are liduid stocks.

Source for news and rumours. Keep both ears to the floor.

If in doubt, ask the masters on this thread. I mentioned some of their names earlier.

They always provide an insight.

UBA and oceanic must have taken out their dividend payments

FCMB has slowed down a bit and may drop in anticipation for 9 month results

Bank PHB has a PE of 19.97

Good buy for me on the floor

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
come to think of it, the way the market has been this yr so far, i'm not sure the bulls have arrived yet u know. it seems they ust sent in their emissaries to announce their approach and people are beginning to sweep and clear plates and all the sort of things u do when u are expecting an important guest.
i think they will soon arrive in all their pump and pageantry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hello Oga Pumping,
I presume you must be busy now crunching figures, it is well. I dey greet-o. Please I sent you an IM.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ aktopgun, all

come to think of it, the way the market has been this yr so far, i'm not sure the bulls have arrived yet u know. it seems they ust sent in their emissaries to announce their approach and people are beginning to sweep and clear plates and all the sort of things u do when u are expecting an important guest.
i think they will soon arrive in all their pump and pageantry

You are right my brother

The bulls never even come. Na just some remnant cows from the festive period dey misbehave for market.

When proper bull enter market, it will be like that spainard festival.

From my radar, they are not too far away.

The important thing na wether na bull or na cow, any car wey jam am dey on him own.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2008
Anybody knows anything about Resort Securites and Trust?? Are they likely to meet up with the capitalization by year-end How efficient are they? They'er being ercommended by a friend, but still checking them out. Please, replies will be welcome from all. thank you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2008
abeg who are the mad men who are paying N30 for NIG-GERMAN shocked, all these illiquid stocks sef, not complaining just venting I want more shares! grin

UBA is still looking beautiful, hmmmm to buy or TO BUY is the question! UBA or Oceanic, what gives oh!

To the newbies, a keyword is patience, I think many come on here and immediately want to even start gaining 100% in 1 mth, one thing that worked for me was to decipher this thread for almost 2 mths before I started investing on the secondary market.
Realize that because person A bought X company last mth and gained 100% from it, that doesnt mean that you will as well, its so easy to do follow follow, and keep wondering why its not working for you.
Use Nairaland, the way u'll use a friend's opinion, after you have made your own opinion.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ naijadr,

NIG. GERMANY CHEMICAL don make u billionaire now oo. I envy u big time. I can still remember when u dey shout say make people buy when the price drop to #21.00k. Some listen to you and some nor listen o. The result don come o o.

I wish u good luck.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2008
upward:

Hello Oga Pumping,
I presume you must be busy now crunching figures, it is well. I dey greet-o. Please I sent you an IM.

Sir, today is my first day back at work this year after 3 weeks break so time is quite tight. I must get round to NSE stuff sha.

with that result posted by UBA we are looking at a projected PE of around 15.3. Things don't get any better for investors. This is a hot stock for me right now.

Oceanic's forward PE is now 22.07 which is also good but UBA is the bomb for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2008
Anybody knows anything about Resort Securites and Trust?? Are they likely to meet up with the capitalization by year-end How efficient are they? They'er being ercommended by a friend, but still checking them out. Please, replies will be welcome from all. thank you.

@Pumping,

It is well. Thank you, I can understand
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2008
tonyjon:

@ naijadr,

NIG. GERMANY CHEMICAL don make u billionaire now oo. I envy u big time. I can still remember when u dey shout say make people buy when the price drop to #21.00k. Some listen to you and some nor listen o. The result don come o o.

I wish u good luck.

Peace.

haha u remember that one in Dec, it never did get back to that N21, closest was like N22.80 or something, but I was able to buy more at N24.99 a week ago
Billionaire ke? CASH and AVAILABILITY are 2 big things, and back in Oct when I got at N16, wasnt enough CASH.
NIG-GERMAN is for us small people, not enough shares available for the big people on this thread grin

Thanks to wanajo for his post on it earlier in 07, I read about it before I started investing, and spent several days even trying to go thru content on their website sef.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2008
Guys let's discuss this. What is helping banks to improve their profitability? Is it their branch spread or their management of the nation's Foreign reserve which too is growing? This can help one too in our projections. N9.1bn and N8.8bn in just 3 months is not little profit for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2008
@fatherof2
dec17th from you and wanaj0 got to know about Vitafoam, did 14days RSI on it got 32.6 gave buy order on friday 21st got it at N8.8 watch it's RSI till it hit 74.6 gave sell order by friday (thur/fri rule) got out at N11.1 about 17% after broker shop e own. my volume was not too much hope to have higher volume next time.

request pleaseeeeeeeeeee sir, can you help me with your list of expected date of results. got a list of yr end factoring it with expected date of result together with top losers for two to three weeks  will make yo yo in and out very profiting.

@ALL
WHERE IS OGA WANAJ0?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Guys let's discuss this. What is helping banks to improve their profitability? Is it their branch spread or their management of the nation's Foreign reserve which too is growing? This can help one too in our projections. N9.1bn and N8.8bn in just 3 months is not little profit for me.

UBA for one I think might be due to their innovative and creative ways, in Dec they just started the Prestige Bank for an elite level of Nigerians (with CC and all), in addition to their NRN sections for Nigerians in the diaspora which was quite successful in 2007 and their e-banking section is fast growing like the rest of the banking sector with even more ATM locations.
Then also look at their partnership with China Dev Bank and their buying of Afrinvest

The fact is the banking sector in Nigeria is playing catch up with the rest of the world, and are fast learning of mechanisms to increase their capital wealth
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:11pm On Jan 07, 2008
harrisoft:

@fatherof2
dec17th from you and wanaj0 got to know about Vitafoam, did 14days RSI on it got 32.6 gave buy order on friday 21st got it at N8.8 watch it's RSI till it hit 74.6 gave sell order by friday (thur/fri rule) got at N11.1 about 17% after broker shop e own. my volume was not too much hope to have higher volume next time.

Harrisoft, nice trade but note RSI is not foolproof. Also, I've noticed the 9-day RSI is more sensitive and generates more buy/sell signals than the 14-day RSI. But a 14-day signal should carry more weight if/when it shows up.

Nice one though, I need to join the club.

Anyone notice Deap drop today on large volumes? I hope this is the start of a significant retracement. cool Consult Ikeja Hotels chart for an analogue.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2008
easimoni:

Anyone notice Deap drop today on large volumes? I hope this is the start of a significant retracement. cool Consult Ikeja Hotels chart for an analogue.

I will not miss that your simple but very effective technique this time around grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hello guys,
I have been following this thread silently, after been refered by a member once
on how to learn abt stock biz. Now I think I am ready to go into it. And seriously,
I wish to use the idea of f[b]atherof2[/b] but the problem is that I dont unstan
when to buy and wen to sell wen he began to talk abt forthnight of a thing.

As in when do i start now?
I have abt 50k to start with but dont know which stock to go for yet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ ALL,

Where is STOCK FIELD MARSHAL WANAJ0?.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2008
Mr Wanaj0 is on recess. He has to take a break so he can perform
more show cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2008
tonyjon:

@ ALL,

Peace.

wanajo stated in Dec that its on to higher things, a higher calling, so its safe to assume he'll only be here in passing occasionally, he was on the thread a few days ago, and left some posts.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2008
endure:

Hello guys,
I have been following this thread silently, after been refered by a member once
on how to learn about stock biz. Now I think I am ready to go into it. And seriously,
I wish to use the idea of f[b]atherof2[/b] but the problem is that I don't unstan
when to buy and when to sell when he began to talk about forthnight of a thing.

As in when do i start now?
I have about 50k to start with but don't know which stock to go for yet.

[/quote

a newbie wanna try fatherof2's style?
my brother i will advice u start from the basics 1st.otherwise dont come crying to nairaland
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2008
Good day L & G.

Naijadr, hope you are enjoying your NGC.

Fatherof2, sure Wapco is treating you well.

For those holding Vitafoam, plan to exit now. The result will soon be out and don't expect anything fantastic. BOC may do better though.

UBA is good but like Akptogun said, there is a lot of abracadabra there. From Bello Osagie to Tony, I can't trust them.

Chams is the BEST private placement in ages. That is an offer coming out at a BIG discount. That is the next NAHCO for you. Windywendy, more sugar to your tea. Will decide between Chams and the MTN offer.

The initial buzz in the market will soon fizzle out, so bargain hunters now is the time to go on a prowl.

Chellarams should do an offer but not sure when. The BIG boys have crowded the space already.

First Bank is a stock to stock pile, Q1 2008 result will be more than FANTASTIC

Happy New Year to all the GURU's out there
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2008
[size=15pt]FIDELITY

CAN SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING?[/size]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2008
tonyjon:

@ ALL,

Peace.

Who dash me Field Marshal? Well you give a DOG a BIG name when you want to hang it tongue

Well, my LEVEL don Change.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2008
upward:

nope sorry, what state are you in? what services do you require and ask your friend about them or contact them directly

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.