Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818420 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2008
On Orient refinery, not sure it is worth the trouble. Sufficinet for the day are the evils of teh day. Orient has too many baggage along with it. Just let it pass.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2008
@wanajo

nice to see u here again

@pumping

fifty bucks says i beat u to UBA  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

@naijadr

my sis and colleague, i could have been like u know if i had acted on my analysis in october but i didn't and now i'm not.
As pumping would say, chei! and double chei! anyway, god dey. i was just worried of the illiquidness (i don form new word o!).
there's another one i'm now looking at again but too afraid to say for the likes of easi et pumping  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy, and its not a bank or chellarams!!

on CHAMS sef, how person fit get in on that PP
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2008
@wanajO
we the members of naira gave you the crown as we battle in the NSE.
keep on leading and showing the directions,
we appreciate your insight.dont leave us exposed in the battle field as you have done of recent.

many thanks to all the other gurus,for the wonderful works.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
Dis Guy:

nope sorry, what state are you in? what services do you require and ask your friend about them or contact them directly

@Dis Guy,
Thanks. I'm in Abuja, and they have an office here and Lagos. But I just wanted to know how reliable and efficient they could be, the truth is- may not be able to afford the other brokers already mentioned here.. So any information on Resort Securities and Trusts, who's account opening is a bit cheaper will help
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2008
Can anyone repost the link to the CHAMS PP document please?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2008
aktopgun:

@wanajo

nice to see u here again

@pumping

@naijadr

my sis and colleague, i could have been like u know if i had acted on my analysis in october but i didn't and now i'm not.
As pumping would say, chei! and double chei! anyway, god dey. i was just worried of the illiquidness (i don form new word o!).
there's another one i'm now looking at again but too afraid to say for the likes of easi et pumping  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy, and its not a bank or chellarams!!

on CHAMS sef, how person fit get in on that PP

Just fill the form and submit your application. Nothing special about it.

BTW, those CHAMS guys did a stock split and a bonus of 4 for 1 before this PP!!!! Those guys don hammer!!!!!!!!! Na those kind of offers me I want. Even if I wait for 4 years, the end will surely justify the means.

Na the risk of refund money be the issue now, if not, na to go collect IMF loan be that!!!

hbrednic:

@wanajO
we the members of naira gave you the crown as we battle in the NSE.
keep on leading and showing the directions,
we appreciate your insight.don't leave us exposed in the battle field as you have done of recent.

many thanks to all the other gurus,for the wonderful works.

Remember what happened to Idi Amin the Field Marshal Abeg softly softly.

Just trying to learn from the GURU's out there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by johnsonfem(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2008
Can somebody help me with useful step. My access bank share disappear in my new cscs portfolio. Its what 13,00unit. I'm worried. The shares appear on my account 2006 but to my supprise was no more there wen i updated portfolio 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2008
windywendy:

Not good enough ke? By whose score card na?  grin grin I DON'T make recommendations based on hunches, so you can safely forget about that ever happening.

@All, just thought to upload the Chams PP memo before going to bed. Def something to chow on this weekend. Already 100% underwritten . . . Amazing who no like beta thing?!. See link attached:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJRTQYTY

the link i here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2008
@wanajo

where can i get my hands on the prospectus et the forms, any ideas?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2008
@hbrednic

many thanks man. nice one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2008
wanaj0:

Who dash me Field Marshal? Well you give a DOG a BIG name when you want to hang it tongue

Well, my LEVEL don Change.

hahahahah, wanajo welcome.
This na my second welcome oh.
How life.E be like you go dubai go enjoy come back.
From your writing i can see your finger don FAT.
You no let wapco do me well.I be wan just strike before you mention e name now.
But i mention one bank few days ago,but i no talk e name,you no wan make i chop that bank again.You don dey mention e name.This forum get strong people oh.

@ololufemi,

You don expert finish for this thing. Na last week people for get their UBA.
Demand is expected to rise now.
War don start already for the two of them.(uba vs Zenith)

Like i said earlier,the real insurance season never come.
What happened last two-three weeks is just like rain when fall during hammertan.
It was just an opportunity for us do some quick assassination(make money).

@kpineo

I think you see how uba take dey start,i get info today say zenith bid now is so so high on the floor.

But generally one can make some quick money from uba and zenith.Zenith will definately rise,but will fall when bonus shares are credited thru cscs and then just go borrow money buy am for e next fall before year end.

Someone asked about oceanic. If you know how some people dey vex for that certificate delay tin,you no go near oceanic soon.They'll soon list the po shares.Na anger some people wan take cash in.It must fall no matter as dem try use Q1 take beef am.
Only Q2 will save it later.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2008
@wanajo

loan, hmmmn, loan,hmmmn, loan,hmmmn,  invest chams, loan invest chams!

u just got me thinking, loan,loan,chams,loan,chams,!!!

wanajo stop am o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2008
aktopgun:

@pumping

Beat me ke?? I don dey buy my UBA since December. Already over 10% of my portfolio. I asked for more units today but no confirmation yet. You fit beat me to that one sha  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2008
@fatherof2
please can i get ur contact?
I really need ur help nw. My emails is enduremudiaga@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2008
@pumping

sneaky devil  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy 10%. haba na wa o. u too vex  cheesy  cheesy

i tell my broker today make e buy the thing he begin ask me why. when i break am down for am (ratios and other gist) come spell n-a-i-r-a-l-a-n-d for am e shut up!  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2008
Chams! Well what can I say? With the way I was talkin’ talkin’ talkin’ this weekend while jumping up and down in my seat and doing all the hand gestures, my hubby just had to conclude that any deal that gets his wifey this excited has gat ta be made in heaven!  grin grin Amazing, amazing amazing! There is one BIG risk though, pay attention to page 45. oh oh, my boss just came in gotta run, Will give my analysis on this one later today.  Bye guys!

@ Easimoni, forget orient, this one's better.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2008
FatherOF2:

hahahahah, wanajo welcome.
This na my second welcome oh.
How life.E be like you go dubai go enjoy come back.
From your writing i can see your finger don FAT.
You no let wapco do me well.I be wan just strike before you mention e name now.
But i mention one bank few days ago,but i no talk e name,you no wan make i chop that bank again.You don dey mention e name.This forum get strong people oh.

@ololufemi,

You don expert finish for this thing. Na last week people for get their UBA.
Demand is expected to rise now.
War don start already for the two of them.(uba vs Zenith)

Like i said earlier,the real insurance season never come.
What happened last two-three weeks is just like rain when fall during hammertan.
It was just an opportunity for us do some quick assassination(make money).

@kpineo

I think you see how uba take dey start,i get info today say zenith bid now is so so high on the floor.

But generally one can make some quick money from uba and zenith.Zenith will definately rise,but will fall when bonus shares are credited through cscs and then just go borrow money buy am for e next fall before year end.

Someone asked about oceanic. If you know how some people dey vex for that certificate delay tin,you no go near oceanic soon.They'll soon list the po shares.Na anger some people wan take cash in.It must fall no matter as them try use Q1 take beef am.
Only Q2 will save it later.

I no cross border OOOOO. Just preparing for NEXT LEVEL investment. How body? How family?

My brother, check that analysis vis avis what happened to oceanic same time last year. The result was released just because of what you said.

Rumours of bonus will still push WAPCO but will be surprised if they declare a bonus.

For non suicide bombers, start accumulating FBN!!!

ETI is another stock that should do well if they increase the float.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2008
windywendy:

Chams! Well what can I say? With the way I was talkin’ talkin’ talkin’ this weekend while jumping up and down in my seat and doing all the hand gestures, my hubby just had to conclude that any deal that gets his wifey this excited has gat ta be made in heaven! grin grin Amazing, amazing amazing! There is one BIG risk though, pay attention to page 45. oh oh, my boss just came in gotta run, Will give my analysis on this one later today. Bye guys!

Windywendy, abeg no analysis paralysis for this one tongue tongue tongue Everything put together, tell me one offer in the past two years that is as juicy as this. PE of less than 4 Is the profit forecast realistic? YES. Just need to see ATM springing up at every nook and corner. Check out the POS that will be in place. The only concern on pg 45 is the incom efrom INEC voters card that will not happen evry year. That to me is not a problem based on the other plans. Just confirm that maximum I can apply for without refund!!!

No be only you dey jump up and down. Me I no even bother to read the complete story. For now, it cannot be worse than ALL the offers out there so no shaking.

Now, read this:

CHAMS NIGERIA PLC PARTNERS NITDA

Chams signed a major agreement with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) to deploy Chams booths containing five(5) CAS terminals and one ATM in all 774 local government areas of the Federation and thirty six state government headquarters towards providing e-mail facilities, internet access and banking services to Nigerians nationwide. This initiative will have an enormous impact on our business for the next couple of years. It is a major landmark of our effort towards bringing information and communication facilities to Nigerian. A total of 1,000 Chams booths will be delivered in 2008.

CHAMS NIGERIA PLC PARTNERS FAITH TABERNACLE/COVENANT UNIVERSITY

Chams is deploying Six hundred units of CAS Terminals within the premises of the Faith Tabernacle and Covenant University to render telephone and other services to students of the University.

The first phase deployment is underway.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2008
There is one thing that never ceases to amaze me. This is the fact that people get interested in a stock when everyone else is chasing the stock.

When the price is falling, such folks think there is a problem with the stock. Someone posted last week that if UBA falls again this week he/she is going to hold back buying the stock.

Buy your stocks when no one is interested and sell when everyone is. My favourite quote from Warren Buffett. Baba ke.

"Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well."  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2008
pumping777:

Beat me ke?? I don dey buy my UBA since December. Already over 10% of my portfolio. I asked for more units today but no confirmation yet. You fit beat me to that one sha  grin grin

I was just about to say! No be you (and me) recommend UBA just 2 weeks ago? I'm a bit bummed my 'folio is so spread out; I couldn't HIT UBA as I should have. Win some, lose some.

Anyone impressed at the speed with which UBA, Zenith and Oceanic all brought out results that closed 7 days ago? Mind-blowing. I hope tis a sign of things to come. No more manipulation of the market by timing releases.  grin
windywendy:

Chams! Well what can I say? With the way I was talkin’ talkin’ talkin’ this weekend while jumping up and down in my seat and doing all the hand gestures, my hubby just had to conclude that any deal that gets his wifey this excited has gat ta be made in heaven!  grin grin Amazing, amazing amazing! There is one BIG risk though, pay attention to page 45. oh oh, my boss just came in gotta run, Will give my analysis on this one later today.  Bye guys!

Orient? My memory is very short? Did I really recommend it?  tongue I'm changing my middle name to Chams!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ Wanaj0,

We gave you a good name to place you where you belong. You can see now that your level has changed and that is what every reasonable human being is praying for.

Always remember this thread where ever you maybe. You're a great asset to this forum and I pray that your level will continue to change for the better AMEN.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2008
easimoni:

I was just about to say! No be you (and me) recommend UBA just 2 weeks ago? I'm a bit bummed my 'folio is so spread out; I couldn't HIT UBA as I should have. Win some, lose some.

Anyone impressed at the speed with which UBA, Zenith and Oceanic all brought out results that closed 7 days ago? Mind-blowing. I hope tis a sign of things to come. No more manipulation of the market by timing releases. grin
Orient? My memory is very short? Did I really recommend it? tongue I'm changing my middle name to Chams!

What they released is INTERIM and UNAUDITED account so nothing special about the timeliness. They actually timed the market. It is basically a management account and for UBA knowing the antecedents of Bello Osagie and Tony, I will have all my guards on!!!

As per Orient, don't even get me started. The PP is for the subsidiary. This was previously packaged by Intercontinetal and it failed woefully. I mean this is worse than TRANSCORP!!!

As per CHAMS, the only info I need is the threshold for return money. Bonus of 4 for 1 after stock split!!!!! Kai!!!!! na me and them. I am buying in at least 3 names. Aladekomo, beware OOOO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by peetah1: 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2008
does anybody know a good time/ price to sell WAPCO share?
i have a few units that i want to dispose but the price keep fluctuating
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 5:46pm On Jan 07, 2008
@wanajo,
do u think its ok to take profits in some of these insurance stocks.By that i mean will the fall in price continue

Whats the selling price of Chams n where can the transaction be made?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2008
enurayce:

@wanajo,
do u think its ok to take profits in some of these insurance stocks.By that i mean will the fall in price continue

Whats the selling price of Chams n where can the transaction be made?

Chams is a PP. Price is N2.50

Well, you can LOCK in profits in insurance stocks.

No one can say whether the fall in price will continue or not. The market can be irrational. Who thought AP will reach the crazy heights? My srategy is to sell some to lock in profits while still positioning for opportunity should the price reach crazy heights like AP.

tonyjon:

@ Wanaj0,

We gave you a good name to place you where you belong. You can see now that your level has changed and that is what every reasonable human being is praying for.

Always remember this thread where ever you maybe. You're a great asset to this forum and I pray that your level will continue to change for the better AMEN.

Peace.

In a forum, every poster is an asset. I mean those that ask questions, those that provide answrs, those that stir up discourse even those that create 'trouble'. We all have our uses.

Nice to be back and see that there is a lot of tutorials for me to read.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2008
@

una still dey there de chase PE and EPS, CHAMS PP opened and closed toay.

Oh yessss you heard it from me. Inside story. I only managed to jump on train as it was about to chage gear. (fingers crossed)

Before you start complaining, rememember that this is PP, so they are not obliged to stick to any timetable.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ easi

i dey behind u on deap. am sure you are watching nsl. thanx a mil .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2008
pumping777:

There is one thing that never ceases to amaze me. This is the fact that people get interested in a stock when everyone else is chasing the stock.
When the price is falling, such folks think there is a problem with the stock. Someone posted last week that if UBA falls again this week he/she is going to hold back buying the stock.

Buy your stocks when no one is interested and sell when everyone is. My favourite quote from Warren Buffett. Baba ke.

"Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well."  grin grin

hahaha,
how else do you want the money to be made if people no chase.
Its a normal human behaviour now?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2008
pumping777:

"Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well." grin grin

You never read psychology of the stock market.
E full NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2008
bigjay01:

@

una still dey there de chase PE and EPS, CHAMS PP opened and closed toay.

Oh yessss you heard it from me. Inside story. I only managed to jump on train as it was about to chage gear. (fingers crossed)

Before you start complaining, rememember that this is PP, so they are not obliged to stick to any timetable.

Guess you want to start a world war!!!!!!!!!! Abeg, no dey crack this kind expensive joke.

Well, they will RE OPEN the offer for me. Still waiting for IMF and World bank to process my loan application. Make I go submit one fro ADB also.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2008
easimoni:

Anyone impressed at the speed with which UBA, Zenith and Oceanic all brought out results that closed 7 days ago? Mind-blowing.

Very impressed and suprised but i hope it is not that it serves the respective management purposes presently.Goes to show some of the clear earnings management that goes on in NSE and that when it interests the firms the results can be ready when due. I hope starts a positive trend like the first bank interest payment on oversubscribed POs.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2008
FatherOF2:

You never read psychology of the stock market.
E full NSE.

I think it is more of strategy based on personality. If you are a short term player, you can't move AGAINST the market. Hence you will naturally flow with the wind. Technical analysis moreover also tend to support this trend.

People need to make sure that tehre startegy is in tune with their personality. If you don't have patience, why buying a PO, PP etc? You cant be doing fundemantal analysis if Patience is not one of your virtue. How many people can wait till when the market will recognise the value of their chosen stock? See how long it took OandO to cross 100.00. The PO and Rights was done in 2004 or so at about 95.00!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.