Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,613 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820381 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2008
invisible!:

@ barge, if truly this is a forum where divergent opinion is accepted, then you should have accepted mine, and not select my comments for special castigation as if I was the only person against the write up. Others earlier posted things to negate that bank thrashing but you said nothing, abi you just wan silence one ‘small’ voice?

There was nothing personal about what I said, I like to be precise in my comments, hence the direct reply instead of dancing round the point. Even more confusing is saying you cannot accept to lose one kobo and still said you will take calculated risks and don’t fret when you lose?

Please educate us about how you can take risks and not think of losses

Let's cool tempers. I'm sure there is no offence meant.

@invicible - No mind barge. The man dey jealous of your name and wants to make sure you are "visible" grin grin

Talking of names. I have seen how you have been using the phrase "No Shaking". I hope you know say somebody don patent am for this forum (No_Shaking). I no dey for lawsuit o grin grin Just kidding sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ all need your comments please

When I bought crusader in Nov last yr I had 9-12months in mind, but it gained 30% within a month I couldn’t resist but too my profit (sold every thing). Bought Oceanic within the month another 26% and I was out, put the money in Diamond planning a 12-18months exit but just exited with 26% again.

My problem is am I greedy or is this normal?

I love to be a long timer, but I seem to be enjoying fatherof2 yo yo (giving your money momentum). Within this two months (Nov9 to Jan ) my N500k capital has grown to about N1.2m  (injected N80k in Dec). Putting everything in FBN till August 2008. (if Fatherof2 principle allow me) .

@Fatherof2 you don spoil me. Please spoil me some more tell us more principle.

@Oga Wanaj0, thank you Sir. I will be waiting.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2008
@All. I'm not sure whether it was Barge who brought this up but CHAMS Private Placement ended yesterday. I sent an email to my UBA folks and she said sorry it ended yesterday.   angry
Wanajo & Windywendy any luck?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2008
wanaj0:

700%. You be GURU. That's in about 3 years I think

Oga Wanajo,

Guru ke? Na yam? I'm just one of the students learning from the wealth of knowledge on this forum. I bought the IPO in AUG 2005 I guess.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2008
K2:

@All. I'm not sure whether it was Barge who brought this up but CHAMS Private Placement ended yesterday. I sent an email to my UBA folks and she said sorry it ended yesterday. angry

My sources confirmed the same thing. It closed the same day it opened. some big boys had thier cheques ready. cry shocked angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2008
easimoni:

My sources confirmed the same thing. It closed the same day it opened. some big boys had their cheques ready. cry shocked angry

K2:

@All. I'm not sure whether it was Barge who brought this up but CHAMS Private Placement ended yesterday. I sent an email to my UBA folks and she said sorry it ended yesterday.   angry

As I no be guru, nobody believed me, I gave the house an insight from a very authoritative source (someone at the top). people thought i'd gone barmy.

provided they sought me out for my small change own I no mind.

A price worth paying for missing out on the UBA train? I'll have to wait and see
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2008
harrisoft:

@ all need your comments please

When I bought crusader in Nov last yr I had 9-12months in mind, but it gained 30% within a month I couldn’t resist but too my profit (sold every thing). Bought Oceanic within the month another 26% and I was out, put the money in Diamond planning a 12-18months exit but just exited with 26% again.

My problem is am I greedy or is this normal?

I love to be a long timer, but I seem to be enjoying fatherof2 yo yo (giving your money momentum). Within this two months (Nov9 to Jan ) my N500 capital has grown to about N1.2m  (injected N80k Dec). Putting everything in FBN till August 2008. (if Fatherof2 principle allow me) .

@Fatherof2 you don spoil me. Please spoil me some more tell us more principle.

@Oga Wanaj0, thank you Sir. I will be waiting.

My own assessment is that you are NOT greedy at all. Just smart.

Most times, sudden mega appreciation is only temporary. If you look at the market this week, a lot of folks drinking bear over their spreadsheet profits will be looking at different figures by now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2008
easimoni:

My sources confirmed the same thing. It closed the same day it opened. some big boys had their cheques ready. cry shocked angry

I'm not by any means a guru, but my God constantly tells me that "opportunities" abound towards me everyday. So even if Chams PP is closed, no matter how painful it might be, take heart as more and even better offers are already running toward all of us this year. Amen!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Greycells(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2008
CHAMS Private Placement just opened today.

Interested peeps can IM me on adeola_adejokun (on yahoo messenger) I can link them directly to a CHAMS Staff that has at least 100, 000 Naira (Hundred thousand) worth of the stock to sell.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2008
bigjay01:

As I no be guru, nobody believed me, I gave the house an insight from a very authoritative source (someone at the top). people thought i'd gone barmy.

Frankly, from your post yesterday it was difficult to tell if you were serious or you were just kidding. If you have authentic jist and the house is doubtful, please go the extra length to reconfirm.

The same issue with the first poster of the UBA results yesterday, afamako. When I asked to reconfirm, I was even more confused by his reply about smelling Columbian or Arabian coffee when na only pap I dey drink grin grin.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2008
G-reycells:

CHAMS Private Placement just opened today.

Interested peeps can IM me on adeola_adejokun (on yahoo messenger) I can link them directly to a CHAMS Staff that has at least 100, 000 Naira (Hundred thousand) worth of the stock to sell.

read the last couple of posts, CHAMS is closed. It opened and closed yesterday!!!! end of
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by webmaster3: 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2008
Please i need reply to this question i posted earlier on. Really need ure help guys

web_master:

Hi all. Am about to start investing in stocks. I have 500,000 to trade with and i have read this thread from page 1 to this current page. and its really educative. Please i still need good advice on which stocks to buy and must be liquid enough in case i want to sell it. What do you think on stocks like CI leasing,Nigerian breweies and also banking sector. Also i noticed that AP gained more than 20 naira over the past two days, is that a stock to buy?. Please all the guru's i really need your urgent advice.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2008
pumping777:

Frankly, from your post yesterday it was difficult to tell if you were serious or you were just kidding. If you have authentic jist and the house is doubtful, please go the extra length to reconfirm.

The same issue with the first poster of the UBA results yesterday, afamako. When I asked to reconfirm, I was even more confused by his reply about smelling Columbian or Arabian coffee when na only pap I dey drink grin grin.

I didnt know I had to. called my contact on sunday in prepation for monday. Was in a meeting all through the day came out of the meeting saw a few missed calls from (. . . ). rushed frantically and instructed a cheque to be sent in, by the time i finished, str8 on the laptop, broke the news to the house (at least in enough time to fill out a form and get cheque sent in). Wanaj0 thought i was having a laugh.

the thing even take me by surprise, I was hoping to take my time and go for the jugular, I missed the jugular but it landed below the belt.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2008
@All,
The amount of "REDS" i see as I look at today's result gives me mixed feelings; rapidly dissolving spreadsheet money, and emerging opportunities to take position.

@pumping,
Hello Sir, I didn't know you were also baffled by the smell of coffee invitation to you yesterday. I hail-o, sent you an IM
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2008
@loma, your friend's post on the PP for Chams would make a lot of sense if the company's past is going to be the same as its future. Read the prospectus very well. The main catalyst for growth is the CAS terminals to facilitate online banking and bill pay. Not too sure if the online banking will be a huge lift as most banks already have ATMs, but the bill pay will be the hit. Are there risks? YES, YES, a thousand times YES! But that company's future is going to be RADICALLY different from the past. Watch out for the cash flow statements in future. I don't even have the time to go into the potentials that will open up once they're able to interface their CAS terminals with Visa and Mastercard, which are already being rolled out! That's the "meat" of this offer. All the other stuff like the huge government contracts, etc are just what I'll call "extras". Plus the fact that they'll be listing shortly after the PP closes, creates an opportunity to exit if you're not happy with the company's performance in the future. And if I might add, you'll be able to do this with a handsome return. That just moves this PP from Juiccccyyy to yum, yum yummmmyyy  grin grin grin.

@all: Yes, its possible that the PP is closed. I got my invitation to participate yesterday, and even as I was on the phone speaking with the guy, he said the response rate has been CRAZY! I've been given one week to pay up or lose it  grin. UBA Global Markets are the folks you should be speaking to. They're trying to avoid over-subscription. But there's a waiting list though, so perhaps you can get yourself on it. Alternatively, you can call the other issuing houses and see if they've not exhausted their allocation.

@AKtopgun and Pumping777: was just reading your posts on Man-U, Arsenal and Co. Funny! Forget Man-U, Forget Arsenal, forget European football!!! American Football ROCKS! and New England PATRIOTS RULE!!! man-u bow, bow, bow!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ All,

The market bled today.

Still see some more bleeding and the insurance sector might need a blood transfusion soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2008
@invisible: Nice to see you posting after that my post to you from before before  grin. When I didn't see you posting for a while after the post, I been don dey worry say I don offend a dear brother. Anyway, no shaking sorry no_shaking, no intention to use your screen name
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ barge, I am enjoying you guys here and am most pleased to get corrections from time to time, but which one be the 'voice of jacob, hands of Esau'?

Plus, do you think it makes sense to buy into UBN, at its present price? There might be surprises, these two old banks, the elephant and the horse will try to correct some impressions here. They will try to reassert their authority to protect their reputatuion from invaders like UBA and ZBN.

What I see in the horizon is a situation where the two old banks release their Q3 results as fast as these invaders did. The results will also be fantastic, who says competition is not good? The investors will be better for it.

@ pumping, no i no dey 'tiff' the name ooo,

@No shaking, no vex oo. grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2008
easimoni:

My sources confirmed the same thing. It closed the same day it opened. some big boys had their cheques ready.  cry shocked angry

Oh No! Can't believe you missed this one  shocked. Try calling the other 3 houses to see if they've exhausted their allocation. If no show, I hear Interswitch PP is coming out soon. That should be another one to watch for.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Web_master

web_master:

Please i need reply to this question i posted earlier on. Really need ure help guys

Hi all. Am about to start investing in stocks. I have 500,000 to trade with and i have read this thread from page 1 to this current page. and its really educative. Please i still need good advice on which stocks to buy and must be liquid enough in case i want to sell it. What do you think on stocks like CI leasing,Nigerian breweies and also banking sector. Also i noticed that AP gained more than 20 naira over the past two days, is that a stock to buy?. Please all the guru's i really need your urgent advice.

Is that 500,000 naira you have or dollars? If you go to page 292 on this thread you will see a long list of companies you may wish to consider. Good luck to you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2008
bigjay01:

I didnt know I had to. called my contact on sunday in prepation for monday. Was in a meeting all through the day came out of the meeting saw a few missed calls from (. . . ). rushed frantically and instructed a cheque to be sent in, by the time i finished, str8 on the laptop, broke the news to the house (at least in enough time to fill out a form and get cheque sent in). Wanaj0 thought i was having a laugh.

the thing even take me by surprise, I was hoping to take my time and go for the jugular, I missed the jugular but it landed below the belt.

Hehehehe, funny, funny funny! I guess your "james bond" performance has paid off big time! watch out for interswitch, might be another juicy one  smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ wanajo, thanks grin I don already send sell mandate to my broker, that N30 na madness, I no wan get greedy, sold one I bought in Oct, but kept the one I bought at N24.99. Its not much but my eye don already eye another company wey I wan use am for. I dont see NGC dropping to below N23 again sha, so its all good.

I think the market is just reacting,newbies into the NSE were throwing money in blindly to buy stocks (as per Xmas conversations with fam/friends), and the veterans, awon wanajo, pumping, Fof2 and all of una on here were grabbing your profits and running for cover!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2008
For folks that need to get high by getting NSE daily stock position and company results early. grin

I have now relegated Cashcraft to number 2 position for the promptness of providing daily stock position.

I now give 1st position to TRW stockbrokers.  grin grin

http://trw-stockbrokers.com/

Go under "Research" and register with them. You will get daily stock prices and company results before any other source in your email box. You can also get the daily stock prices directly from the website but the format sent via email is much better.

Cashcraft data is available about 30 minutes after the markets close, but TRW data is available as quickly as 15 minutes after the markets close.

The additional plus with TRW is that they will also send your the company results.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2008
windywendy:

@AKtopgun and Pumping777: was just reading your posts on Man-You, Arsenal and Co. Funny! Forget Man-You, Forget Arsenal, forget European football!!! American Football ROCKS! and New England PATRIOTS RULE!!! man-u bow, bow, bow!

Wendy,
you've sold your soul to the NFL! tongue And to the cheating Bill Belichik! I no blame you jo! NFL sweet, but forget the Pats, na Manning and the Colts be the "koko"

On a more serious note, I am trying to get in on the Chams deal. My guy in Lagos is bugging them at UBA GM to take "our" cheque. Will see what happens.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2008
easimoni:

Wendy,
you've sold your soul to the NFL! tongue And to the cheating Bill Belichik! I no blame you jo! NFL sweet, but forget the Pats, na Manning and the Colts be the "koko"

On a more serious note, I am trying to get in on the Chams deal. My guy in Lagos is bugging them at UBA GM to take "our" cheque. Will see what happens.

Colts Ko, Colts ni grin Just because we (the PATS) let you beat us in the last superbowl doesn't mean it'll happen again. We were just being magnanimous back then smiley smiley. This year, NO SHOW!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2008
windywendy:

@AKtopgun and Pumping777: was just reading your posts on Man-You, Arsenal and Co. Funny! Forget Man-You, Forget Arsenal, forget European football!!! American Football ROCKS! and New England PATRIOTS RULE!!! man-u bow, bow, bow!

American kini I'm yet to figure out when they start "fighting" and when they "stop" and for "what"!!!

When we stop discussing sports and move to warfare I will consider them.

@easimoni - manning and colts ke?? Dat na Cartoon I go check for Cartoon Network  grin grin

MAN-UU-FOREVER!!! Check it out at the nearest better sports channel near you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Pumping,
Just received a Tradealert now, my broker was able to execute my buy mandate for UBA. Bought at the day's low- #50
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2008
pumping777:

American kini I'm yet to figure out when they start "fighting" and when they "stop" and for "what"!!!

When we stop discussing sports and move to warfare I will consider them.

@easimoni - manning and colts ke?? Dat na Cartoon I go check for Cartoon Network  grin grin

MAN-UU-FOREVER!!! Check it out at the nearest better sports channel near you.

Chei!! You no go kill me with laughter o!  grin grin grin Warfare?? Ah! Colts na cartoon?? Kai, you don finish dem patapata! Which sports channel carries man-uu? Must be one of those boring british ones abi  wink cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Windy wendy, I salute. I did not disappear, only got tied up in more work, how do you see this bear run, a ‘pro’ called me to say it will not last.

His opinion is that the results from both UBA and Zenith will trigger a bull run that will turn the market around soon and, other banking stocks will move up with the ‘ripple effect’.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:10pm On Jan 08, 2008
upward:

@Pumping,
Just received a Tradealert now, my broker was able to execute my buy mandate for UBA. Bought at the day's low- #50

My man. How you dey jare.

Good news if you ask me  grin grin (No ShiveringTM) grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by webmaster3: 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2008
@PENNYWISE
Pennywise:

@Web_master

Is that 500,000 naira you have or dollars? If you go to page 292 on this thread you will see a long list of companies you may wish to consider. Good luck to you.

SORRY I MEANT NAIRA NOT DOLLARS. AND THANKS FOR REFFERRING ME TO PAGE 292. I'LL TAKE A LOOK AT THAT.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2008
invisible!:

@Windy wendy, I salute. I did not disappear, only got tied up in more work, how do you see this bear run, a ‘pro’ called me to say it will not last.

His opinion is that the results from both UBA and Zenith will trigger a bull run that will turn the market around soon and, other banking stocks will move up with the ‘ripple effect’.

This bear run need only continue for another couple of days and many stocks will become attractive again. No one is expecting this to last till month end ke. Make we call am "Cub" run instead. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.