Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,742 members, 7,851,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:45 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818675 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2008
Pumping, you've trade-marked "No Shivering"?   cry Abeg grant us permission to borrow it once in a while!  tongue

All the blood on the NSE floor today is making me queasy. tongue There was blood on the dance floor, blood on the dance floor and I just can't take it. Long live MJ.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2008
@invisible: I doubt the current bear run will last, as more companies will be releasing results soon. Insurance coys will be releasing results around april/may (going by the timeframe within which 9mths results were released) and the sector will most likely rally in anticipation of that. Be patient.

@Pumping777, you wan patent "No Shivering"? that phrase has been around from time time before before na  smiley Any attempt to patent that which has already been patented constitutes treachery of the highest degree and will be met with the most severe and hitherto unprecendented consequence ever known to or imagined by the human race  grin grin remember philly is not too far from anywhere  smiley grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2008
@pumping
Quote from: bigjay01 on Today at 03:08:57 PM

As I no be guru, nobody believed me, I gave the house an insight from a very authoritative source (someone at the top). people thought i'd gone barmy.

Frankly, from your post yesterday it was difficult to tell if you were serious or you were just kidding. If you have authentic jist and the house is doubtful, please go the extra length to reconfirm.

The same issue with the first poster of the UBA results yesterday, afamako. When I asked to reconfirm, I was even more confused by his reply about smelling Columbian or Arabian coffee when na only pap I dey drink  .

I think say you no believe me as I no dey post before.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by esco399(m): 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2008
windywendy:

Colts Ko, Colts ni grin Just because we (the PATS) let you beat us in the last superbowl doesn't mean it'll happen again. We were just being magnanimous back then smiley smiley. This year, NO SHOW!!

Go Patriots! Go Tom Brady! Go Gisselle Budchen (His Model Girlfriend) smiley   (I've never even lived in any of the New England States , visit sometimes though)

Anyway, I just got my First Bank Refund Warrant, (maybe some already have theirs) , Couldn't have come at a better time for me, Every kobo is being reinjected into the NSE (secondary market ofcourse)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2008
esco399:

Go Patriots! Go Tom Brady! Go Gisselle Budchen (His Model Girlfriend) smiley   (I've never even lived in any of the New England States , visit sometimes though)

Anyway, I just got my First Bank Refund Warrant, (maybe some already have theirs) , Couldn't have come at a better time for me, Every kobo is being reinjected into the NSE (secondary market ofcourse)

Thank you jare! Easimoni, see I don get representation already. Bet your colt supporters have deflected to the Man-uu camp somewhere in boring ol britain  grin Pumping777, watch out!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2008
Well, will be submitting my CHAMS form this week so no shaking!!! Una too dey panic. The brokers are just trying to corner the thing to themselves. same thing IBTC did with Red Star express. Truely the thing cheap so no wonder the hoarding of the shares.

Got a committment to reserve 2m units so I am doing collector agent now!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2008
afamako:

@pumping
Quote from: bigjay01 on Today at 03:08:57 PM

As I no be guru, nobody believed me, I gave the house an insight from a very authoritative source (someone at the top). people thought i'd gone barmy.

Frankly, from your post yesterday it was difficult to tell if you were serious or you were just kidding. If you have authentic jist and the house is doubtful, please go the extra length to reconfirm.

The same issue with the first poster of the UBA results yesterday, afamako. When I asked to reconfirm, I was even more confused by his reply about smelling Columbian or Arabian coffee when na only pap I dey drink  .

I think say you no believe me as I no dey post before.

How I no go blv u when I had already broken the gist to the house yesterday. Anyway, nuff of CHAMS 4 now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2008
harrisoft:

@ all need your comments please

When I bought crusader in Nov last yr I had 9-12months in mind, but it gained 30% within a month I couldn’t resist but too my profit (sold every thing). Bought Oceanic within the month another 26% and I was out, put the money in Diamond planning a 12-18months exit but just exited with 26% again.

My problem is am I greedy or is this normal?

My brother, your behaviour is ABNORMALLY NORMAL.  Almost everyone has been "guilty" of this.  But it sure is a good sign you are following the market trend and are learning.  Believe me, at your teething stage in this game, you couldn't do that.

I too have been guilty of it.  The temptation increases more when a hot stock suddenly surfaces and everyone is speaking well of it, and you need money to crush it and there you are with the price flying and with great potentials that it can fly higher.  FOR ME, NOTHING SPOIL IN THAT GAME IF YOU "KNOW" YOUR NEXT MOVE, I mean next stock you are buying with your returns.  I think what everyone finds difficult to see is watching your spreadsheet profit melting even down to your starting point when you had the opportunity to take it.  It can be painful.  It happened to me when Zenith rose to its zenith price last year.  I watched it come down from N68 down to N54.  I would have made a net profit of some N785,000, but it vanished!  I am now being consoled by a "bonus" which if I sell at current price cannot give same returns.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by chisco: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2008
what's new on the International Energy Insurance? their stocks info has not been listed in the NSE trading list for the past 2 weeks!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2008
Just in Zenith result as analysed by UBA

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2008
chisco:

what's new on the International Energy Insurance? their stocks info has not been listed in the NSE trading list for the past 2 weeks!!

It's on FULL suspension till the share reconstruction is complete.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2008
What is H1 results? is it the same as Q1
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2008
easimoni:

Pumping, you've trade-marked "No Shivering"? cry Abeg grant us permission to borrow it once in a while! tongue

All the blood on the NSE floor today is making me queasy. tongue There was blood on the dance floor, blood on the dance floor and I just can't take it. Long live MJ.

I fit? I just dey joke jare. I wanted to demonstrate that I am learning a thing or two in the US. If you allow them they will patent garri for our very before. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:48pm On Jan 08, 2008
kpineo:

What is H1 results? is it the same as Q1

1st half AKA 6 months
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2008
windywendy:

@invisible: I doubt the current bear run will last, as more companies will be releasing results soon. Insurance coys will be releasing results around april/may (going by the timeframe within which 9mths results were released) and the sector will most likely rally in anticipation of that. Be patient.

@Pumping777, you wan patent "No Shivering"? that phrase has been around from time time before before na  smiley Any attempt to patent that which has already been patented constitutes treachery of the highest degree and will be met with the most severe and hitherto unprecendented consequence ever known to or imagined by the human race  grin grin remember philly is not too far from anywhere  smiley grin

Fear no gree me patent anything for here jare. Even my name I never fit patent  grin grin grin But you suppose patent this your sweet name sell to me o. I know somebody must buy the rights for Yankee  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2008
wanaj0:

Well, will be submitting my CHAMS form this week so no shaking!!! Una too dey panic. The brokers are just trying to corner the thing to themselves. same thing IBTC did with Red Star express. Truely the thing cheap so no wonder the hoarding of the shares.

The Oracle has spoken.

I just confirmed my own order today. Get on the phone and pull some strings. Don't let these brokers chop everything. I no go get CHAMS ke? After I showed them my nairaland ID, na quick quick dem send me invitation and application form under 5 minutes grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2008
pumping777:

The Oracle has spoken.

I just confirmed my own order today. Get on the phone and pull some strings. Don't let these brokers chop everything. I no go get CHAMS ke? After I showed them my nairaland ID, na quick quick them send me invitation and application form under 5 minutes grin grin grin

Can you imagine that one of them said that your application must be accompanied by an invitation letter?? Same people hawking some PP's that closed ages ago. That's the difference between a juicy offer and some useless offers. See this one no need any marketing. No advertisement. No hard copy prospectus. Even staff of Chams and the issuing house never heard of it.

Well, na to launch appeal fund now as I must raise the money instanta!!!!!!!!!!! No time to be wasted here. Miss out of an offer with a forward PE of 3.71? God forbid bad thing. That's why I told windywendy no analysis paralysis. By the time the analysis don finish, the thing go don take off!!!

After IBTC played wayo with RedStar Express, I say never again.

BTW, if you finish from IFE, you may get special consideration as the company is more or less Made in IFE.

For those still interested, don't give up yet!!! Don't take NO for an answer and also don't take crap from anyone.

Next challenge is to raise the funds. Get to obtain short term loan at 3% interest per month by tomorrow unfailingly!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2008
I predicted that Oceanic shares will be listed very very soon after the closure of the register and I've now been told that the shares were listed today.  grin grin grin

Chei!! Earlier this week and last week someone said it is wiser to put your money in Oceanic now than in UBA. Well, you will have multitudes willing to sell their Oceanic shares to you!!! Sorry, I already sold mine.

----
10,580,786,978 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N16.50 per share of Oceanic Bank International Plc’ Offer for Subscription and Supplementary Allotment were listed today 08 January 2008.
----

Chei. 10.5B sharesThis is like an IPO. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2008
@all

is UBa the lead issuing house for this chams deal. maybe i can use some of my contacts to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2008
wanaj0:

So, in order words, that was premature ejaculation?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2008
pumping777:

----
10,580,786,978 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N16.50 per share of Oceanic Bank International Plc’ Offer for Subscription and Supplementary Allotment were listed today 08 January 2008.
----

Chei. 10.5B sharesThis is like an IPO. grin grin grin

@Pumping,
Going by the above can one say there's another possible buy soon?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2008
@

If your contacts no solid 4 inside the 4 issuing houses, forget am, don't let any broker use your money do business only to return it in 3 months time (inside info)

After CHAMS, any PP wey UBA global market be the lead issiung house, people must through me

Anyway, if u have 5M and need letter of invitation, drop me an email (I'll try and press one or two buttons)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2008
K2:

K2! Let it go man! Let it go! If you want Chams, contact Wanaj0 and buy through him.
kpineo:

@all

is UBa the lead issuing house for this chams deal. maybe i can use some of my contacts to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

UBA global markets. I hear some back doors are still open. This is oversubscription waiting to happen.

Pumping, thanks for the Ocenaic update

All, Oceanic now has 22.22B shares so pls update your spreadsheets
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2008
upward:

@Pumping,
Going by the above can one say there's another possible buy soon?

I expect a gradual depression in the price for now so buy opportunities will start to pop up for long term investors.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2008
easimoni:

K2! Let it go man! Let it go! If you want Chams, contact Wanaj0 and buy through him.
UBA global markets. I hear some back doors are still open. This is oversubscription waiting to happen.

Pumping, thanks for the Ocenaic update

All, Oceanic now has 22.22B shares so please update your spreadsheets

For Chams, target the other issuing houses. I went through Skye Bank and they still have allocation grin grin

To be exact regarding Oceanic, it is 25.13B. Na die!!
-------------------
A total of 10,579,362,588 Ordinary shares of the Bank were listed today at N16.50k following the
conclusion of the Bank's Public Offer for Subscription and supplementary Shares alloted. This brings the
Bank's total shares outstanding to 25,131,878,869.25 as of date.
------------------
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:45pm On Jan 08, 2008
kpineo:

@all

Yes UBA Global markets are the lead arranger, pull some strings and they should still be able to collect the form.

K2:

Won't say that. Just that the brokers are reserving it for the BIG boys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2008
bigjay01:

@

If your contacts no solid 4 inside the 4 issuing houses, forget am, don't let any broker use your money do business only to return it in 3 months time (inside info)

After CHAMS, any PP wey UBA global market be the lead issiung house, people must through me

Anyway, if u have 5M and need letter of invitation, drop me an email (I'll try and press one or two buttons)

Thanks for the info.

Actually, the offer is not closed. However they are resrving for some people to avoid oversubcription. No one will collect the application from you once the minit is reached. As time goes on, they will put a limit on it.

Got two people to speak with UBA Global markets. From the first person, got a reservation for 2m units that I am 'allotting' now. From the second one, should get 500,000 units but don't have cash to fund it. If I get cash tomorrow or Thursday, may just go for 1m units straight away. May buy though in two names (individual and corporate).

I expect that SANTRUS will still have their own unfulfilled allocation. So you can still consider that. UBA Glabal markets were just being funny.

Heard of the letter of invitation nonsense. It is just to discourage people.

Definitely, if you don't know someone in any of the issuing house (not the receptionist) don't even bother submitting the form! It will just lie on the shelf.

Wonder why this PP is like gold while others are being hawked around
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2008
Na wa,them need to put internet fo plane.
i leave hotel with page 300.i come office meet 3 FAT pages.
@hbrednic and kpineo,

Abeg una go give me key make i first test drive those jeeps oh.i for like trash them for 5mins when them come.

@lawalidowu,

Prodigal son like wapco must come back come beg for more money make e go prodigal again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2008
@all

contacted my pips in UBA. the offer never even open proper. Selling my loss making nascon tomorrow and diverting fully. for Wanajo to be looking for loan for CHAMS and be so excited, there is more to CHAMS than meets my eye.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2008
kpineo:

@all

contacted my pips in UBA. the offer never even open proper. Selling my loss making nascon tomorrow and diverting fully. for Wanajo to be looking for loan for CHAMS and be so excited, there is more to CHAMS than meets my eye.

Hey kpineo,
you wan panic for Nascon go tie money for pp?.
My brother NASCON tori go change before the pp wen you wan run go will even be listed,not to talk of cert.(if na paper one oh) then verification.
No panic for that stock.
No be say the pp bad,but if you wan do pp, go look for another money do pp.
Me no dey normally do pp,ipo,po,etc.But i no advice that particular action u wan contemplate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Easimoni. I don't think we are on the same page.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Timmi: 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ Pumping
My point exactly, that for long term investors, it is time to start accumulating Oceanic versus accumulating UBA because long-term, Oceanic will outperform UBA, Oceanic is growing profit at a faster rate than UBA and will parallel or have a greater profit than UBA in a year's time.

Chams:
I happened to have 1-million shares of CHAMS at the previous PP, and as stated in another stock forum, CHAMS is, and will be the MICROSOFT of Nigeria.  Accumulate as much as you can for long term investing.

I do not participate in cycle in cycles out, I invest for long term, 1 to 2 years and none of my holding has returned less than 500% within that time frame.  I studied the company fundamentals, talk with management and some of their clients, evaluate the products, and so on.  I do not dwell too much on the PE or EPS (as important as it is) but rather on future growth and potential of the company, and invest in companies both in US and Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.