Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,046 members, 7,849,222 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818335 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2008
kpineo:

@all

contacted my pips in UBA. the offer never even open proper. Selling my loss making nascon tomorrow and diverting fully. for Wanajo to be looking for loan for CHAMS and be so excited, there is more to CHAMS than meets my eye.

Well, the price is cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the attraction!!!!!!

FatherOF2:

Hey kpineo,
you wan panic for Nascon go tie money for pp?.
My brother NASCON tori go change before the pp when you wan run go will even be listed,not to talk of cert.(if na paper one oh) then verification.
No panic for that stock.
No be say the pp bad,but if you wan do pp, go look for another money do pp.
Me no dey normally do pp,ipo,po,etc.But i no advice that particular action u wan contemplate.

There are PP's and there are PP's. There are PO's and there are PO's

With all the delays with NAHCO, it is worth it. In 18months people made over 1,000% Well, I am willing for that wait with such return. I have regular income so it is not as if I need that income to survive.

As per NASCON, na the HERD mentality. Some don't even know waht NASCON was doing. People bought with little or no information.

Anyway, CHAMS no even dey available so the fewer the better.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ Fatherof2,

Baba, e ku orire oh.

Well done and how work.

Na one of your loyal disciples dey greet you oh.

Thanks a lot and always know you are there for incisive guidance.

Seems the market is repositioning for buyers to swing in.

Na PHB I dey wait for make I do am finish come do Zenith and probably GTb.

No shaking baba.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2008
I was told that the letter of IV thingy is bulls, basically if you know someone (not receptionist, not even officer) just hurry. the door is 99 closed. the remaining 1% is just for a select few. Not people with 10M, if you havenet got serious money just forget it. i hear crazy amounts. (For once, I am getting my news from people in the know).

This is the one. this one no be moi-moi
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2008
Timmi:

@ Pumping
My point exactly, that for long term investors, it is time to start accumulating Oceanic versus accumulating UBA because long-term, Oceanic will outperform UBA, Oceanic is growing profit at a faster rate than UBA and will parallel or have a greater profit than UBA in a year's time.

Chams:
I happened to have 1-million shares of CHAMS at the previous PP, and as stated in another stock forum, CHAMS is, and will be the MICROSOFT of Nigeria.  Accumulate as much as you can for long term investing.

I do not participate in cycle in cycles out, I invest for long term, 1 to 2 years and none of my holding has returned less than 500% within that time frame.  I studied the company fundamentals, talk with management and some of their clients, evaluate the products, and so on.  I do not dwell too much on the PE or EPS (as important as it is) but rather on future growth and potential of the company, and invest in companies both in US and Nigeria.

Oceanic - On that I agree with you but don't buy NOW. If you are in for long term why not buy cheaper in a few weeks?

CHAMS - So you don chop stock split of 4 for 1 ? I no be your friend again grin grin grin

Cycling In and Out  vs Long term investment - These are mutually exclusive. You can do both at the same time.

I am interested in Oceanic long term but I sold all my stock at 37.40 on Dec 31st. It is less than N34 now. I can go and buy the same Oceanic tomorrow at N34 to continue my long term investing if I wish. I will still be at least 5% better after brokerage charges . But I won't even buy tomorrow so I will be much better off. Yes, this will not always work, but sometimes it can be obvious and when it is, I go for it.

For me, I have 2 distince portfolios. Long term and trading of about the same value.

I mainly use PO's to build up my long term portfolio so I don't feel bad when I sell off my shares in the trading portfolio. I know I still have some of the stock for long term gains.

You see, there can be very good statistics with both short term trading and long term investments. Let me tell you that in the last 2 weeks of December last year alone, I know of a N25M trading portfolio that already grew by 30%.

My take is that you should go with the one you are comfortable with. Both of them work.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2008
bigjay01:

I was told that the letter of IV thingy is bulls, basically if you know someone (not receptionist, not even officer) just hurry. the door is 99 closed. the remaining 1% is just for a select few. Not people with 10M, if you havenet got serious money just forget it. i hear crazy amounts. (For once, I am getting my news from people in the know).

Bigjay01 you fit pull strings for me if its not too late? cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2008
bigjay01:

The IV thing is buls just to discourage people.

What do you mean by not people with 10m? How much do they expect us to cough out within days?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Baba, e ku orire oh.

Well done and how work.

Na one of your loyal disciples dey greet you oh.

Thanks a lot and always know you are there for incisive guidance.

Seems the market is repositioning for buyers to swing in.

Na PHB I dey wait for make I do am finish come do Zenith and probably GTb.

No shaking baba.

Thanks

Did you miss the last cycle of GTB from middle of Decemer that just ended last week? It was at least 24%.

Chei. CICO (Cycle In, Cycle Out) na better sport.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2008
bigjay01:

N10M ke?? Maybe at UBA Global Markets. My N2M in two tranches (madame) was well received at Skye grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2008
wanaj0:

The IV thing is buls just to discourage people.

What do you mean by not people with 10m? How much do they expect us to cough out within days?

infact i think that 80% of the 2bn has already been allocated even before yesterday. We are scrambling for the remaining 20%. that is how good it is. how they priced it so cheap at N2.50 beats me.

i am looking at the latest X5 as i post
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2008
pumping777:

You see, there can be very good statistics with both short term trading and long term investments. Let me tell you that in the last 2 weeks of December last year alone, I know of a N25M trading portfolio that already grew by 30%.

My take is that you should go with the one you are comfortable with. Both of them work.

Well said pumping. Both definately work.Its the one you chose to adopt.
I for one can't just do long,e dey scratch me for body.
I've been on it for some years now and its done me very very very very well.
Don't want to say too much about my portfolio,but short has put me in good stead to cross into a nine digit portfolio in some good months time this year.

Oya no more long,short gist again. Buy time dey approach.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2008
Folks - i tell you - you guys are too fast for me, catching up na serious matter.

1) Anyone get palaver with Zenith Securities? b'cos, man wan move commot go vetiva or Afrinvest.

2) Do you think i can get chams from UBA New York? I only need one recommendation - windywendy, i come get two (another one from Wanaj0)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2008
bigjay01:

infact i think that 80% of the 2bn has already been allocated even before yesterday. We are scrambling for the remaining 20%. that is how good it is. how they priced it so cheap at N2.50 beats me.

My brother the thing na juice. Problem be say I no get cash now!!!! You need to know how far I've gone looking for money (loan). Just need two weeks to pay back. That offer is damn too juicy to miss. If dem like, make dem no list for the next four years, na dem Sabi. By then, na 10 for 1 bonus dem go give us. Just expect 1,000% returns by 2010. if they do the 2011 election and we go for electronic voting, then na serious hammer be that!!!!!!!

pumping777:

N10M ke?? Maybe at UBA Global Markets. My N2M in two tranches (madame) was well received at Skye grin grin grin

Skye bank no be better issuing house. How many customers dem get? UBA just allocated teh thing to themself. I thing SANTRUST will allocate it to Sanusi.

Tommorow will be used to source for loan!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2008
pumping777:

I don't know about N10M but the madam at skyebank told me  the number units i would like to buy is up to me. Can you imagine my officer at UBA was still insisting that the offer opened and closed yesterday so i just left her i no get time to waste. Time or is it speed? is of the essence

A beg make una tread softly softly for skyebank make water no come pass gari grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:07pm On Jan 08, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Folks - i tell you - you guys are too fast for me, catching up na serious matter.

1) Anyone get palaver with Zenith Securities? b'because, man wan move commot go vetiva or Afrinvest.

2) Do you think i can get chams from UBA New York? I only need one recommendation - windywendy, i come get two (another one from Wanaj0)

You dey waste time. Just call them and threaten fire and brimstone if they don't action your request. Delay is dangerous. You dey watch am e dey go!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2008
RoughCut:

I don't know about N10M but the madam at skyebank told me the number units i would like to buy is up to me. Can you imagine my officer at UBA was still insisting that the offer opened and closed yesterday so i just left her i no get time to waste. Time or is it speed is of the essence

A beg make una tread softly softly for skyebank make water no come pass gari grin grin grin grin grin

UBA global market is the LEAD issuing house. They have already done 'preferential' allotment. Hence they are managing the number of units they can send out.

For SKYE and SANTRUT, not sure they have that many customers so there must be free float with them. Like you said, delay is dangerous. Not a customer of UBA but got someone to 'force' them to reserve 2m units. Contacted SANTRUST and will get a feedback tomorrow. If I can raise more cash, then will go for the jugular here. Buy Buy to MTN
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2008
wanaj0:

You dey waste time. Just call them and threaten fire and brimstone if they don't action your request. Delay is dangerous. You dey watch am e dey go!!!!
@Wanaj0

I no be customer of UBA, i be wan call dem find out, was just hoping someone on this trend would think it is worth the time to call. Na Zenith Sec. i dey use and considering opening another one now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2008
wanaj0:

UBA global market is the LEAD issuing house. They have already done 'preferential' allotment. Hence they are managing the number of units they can send out.

For SKYE and SANTRUT, not sure they have that many customers so there must be free float with them. Like you said, delay is dangerous. Not a customer of UBA but got someone to 'force' them to reserve 2m units. Contacted SANTRUST and will get a feedback tomorrow. If I can raise more cash, then will go for the jugular here. Buy Buy to MTN

These 2M units you reserved how many of those are you willing to float to fellow n'landers? i be great ife or is it great OAU?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Savvy, No just bother about UBA. They are bunch of useless folks. They are one of my brokers and they are the ones who told me it's closed. angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2008
bigjay01:

Be like you like car. Try this link for more.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2008
RoughCut:

These 2M units you reserved how many of those are you willing to float to fellow n'landers? i be great ife or is it great OAU?

The 2m unit is fully susbcribed now. It is being shared between 4 people. I hope to take minimum of 1m units out of that.

However, trying to get SANTRUST to see if I can get more.

Have one other link at UBA that I am trying to work on, if that clicks today then I should have some free float.

K2:

@Savvy, No just bother about UBA. They are bunch of useless folks. They are one of my brokers and they are the ones who told me it's closed. angry

Abeg no be dia fault. Na so proper PP be. Na by invitation. Did you get the IV Why una wan gate crash enter the party?

Windywendy, still waiting for yoyr analysis as promised OOO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2008
SavvyLanre:

@Wanaj0

I no be customer of UBA, i be wan call them find out, was just hoping someone on this trend would think it is worth the time to call. Na Zenith Sec. i dey use and considering opening another one now.

Call them first. faster that way. You need to know how fast the thing be. Na hot cake!!!!!!!!!!! People are dropping cheques without filling forms yet!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2008
The pension commission(PenCom)  generated N700B in the last three years according to businessdayonline so your guess is as good as mine where a lot of the money is invested any hope of a sustained bear run may prove to be forlorn

Time is of the essence!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2008
wanaj0:

The 2m unit is fully susbcribed now. It is being shared between 4 people. I hope to take minimum of 1m units out of that.

However, trying to get SANTRUST to see if I can get more.

Have one other link at UBA that I am trying to work on, if that clicks today then I should have some free float.

Abeg no be dia fault. Na so proper PP be. Na by invitation. Did you get the IV Why una wan gate crash enter the party?

Windywendy, still waiting for yoyr analysis as promised OOO

Analysis i think the only thing you need to start analysing now is how to figure out where the funds to purchase your goodies will be coming from
We fit do analysis later. Infact i go dey happy to join the analysts' panel
Buy now do analysis later
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2008
I need speed reading class to keep up with this thread.

@K2 no  mind UBA.

Got another email from them telling me the same thing (The CHAMS private placement began and closed yesterday. It was for a select few and hence only lasted for a day).

Only to find out here it is still on. CHEI! (pumping no vex)

ARESENAL 4 EVER(taking cover) GIANTS and JETS no let person gbadun NFL for NYC area  sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2008
For offshore n'landers you can use the following correspondent banks with skyebank to remit your funds just ask for the IBAN/SWIFT number for the account you need to transfer the funds into and make sure you send evidence of remittance to whoever you sent your app forms to

Deutsche Bank Trust Company
60 Wall Street
New York

Standard Chartered Bank
37 Gracechurch Street
London
United Kingdom

Deutsche Bank Trust Company
London
United Kingdom

Commerz Bank
Frankfurt
Germany

Citi Bank
New York
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:41pm On Jan 08, 2008
wanaj0:

Call them first. faster that way. You need to know how fast the thing be. Na hot cake!!!!!!!!!!! People are dropping cheques without filling forms yet!!!!

Thanks - unfortunately, it cannot be done from UBA NY, and i no get leg for Naija,
@Pumping and windywendy - how you take dey do am from here?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by poke(m): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2008
RoughCut:

I don't know about N10M but the madam at skyebank told me  the number units i would like to buy is up to me. Can you imagine my officer at UBA was still insisting that the offer opened and closed yesterday so i just left her i no get time to waste. Time or is it speed? is of the essence

ebi like say sky bank own no geniue i don try them but their language no gree me understand. IF any one know how to link me up with UBA am also desprate like WANAJO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Thanks - unfortunately, it cannot be done from UBA NY, and i no get leg for Naija,
Talking to UBA in naija or NY is like trying to get blood out of stone just call customer services at skyebank in nigeria and hopefully you are not too late!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2008
poke:

ebi like say sky bank own no geniue i don try them but their language no gree me understand. IF any one know how to link me up with UBA am also desprate like WANAJO

If you press correct button u go sabi their language cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2008
chams pp -

cant believe am stuck here in the UK when this is happening.Cant believe i have money lying in my account i Nigeria. Anyway, i will let this pass.God dey our side. cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Na person on ground in Naija complete the job for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2008
Daily bid positions -

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.