Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816726 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2008
blest:

chams pp -

can't believe am stuck here in the UK when this is happening.Cant believe i have money lying in my account i Nigeria. Anyway, i will let this pass.God dey our side. cry

You have to make better arrangements. I also have my money lying in a bank account in Naija but the Bank Manager is a close buddy. A phone call is all that is needed to transfer funds to any bank in Naija same day.

I used to use GTB as well but since they deactivated 3rd party transfers, no money goes into the account again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lastdonty: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2008
grin grin just go CELE make dem pray 4 u oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2008
First bank chart,
Fof2 & Wanaj0 - i decode am first time, as i was reading the blog - playing catch up. But, i be wan enter,  but money never reach my account, now it might be too late to enter.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2008
@NBA I tried to get UBA to add me to email list but I dont think my relationship officer understands what I mean, how did u get added on? Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blest(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2008
pumping777:

You have to make better arrangements. I also have my money lying in a bank account in Naija but the Bank Manager is a close buddy. A phone call is all that is needed to transfer funds to any bank in Naija same day.

I used to use GTB as well but since they deactivated 3rd party transfers, no money goes into the account again.

@pumping

thanks. i guess i have learnt the hard way.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2008
Naijadr:

@NBA I tried to get UBA to add me to email list but I don't think my relationship officer understands what I mean, how did u get added on? Thanks

@Naijrdr
My relationship officer took care of it. You can also contact them directly, I updated the other thread with the info.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2008
SavvyLanre:

First bank chart,
Fof2 & Wanaj0 - i decode am first time, as i was reading the blog - playing catch up. But, i be wan enter,  but money never reach my account, now it might be too late to enter.

I don't think it is too late to enter First Bank. I think it is early yet. If at all, I believe this will be the preeceding cycle. Expect the major cycle later before the 9 months results that are due next month.

Wanaj0 recommended First Bank long term. I don't think there was any coding there  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2008
hello gurus,

I read about this yesterday and I do not really know how true theis allegation is.

Do some banks really post inflate figures as profits?
http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jan/6/428.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2008
For the technicians - Personally, I have not started using these indicators.

MACD
Review of FIRSTBANK (FIRSTBANK)
as of 1/8/2008

Current Statistics

Close:   43.130
    Change:    0.230
MACD Value:    0.467
Signal Line:    0.450

The MACD can provide buy/sell indications in three ways, signal line crossovers, overbought/oversold conditions, and divergences.

Crossovers

Currently the MACD is bullish since it is trading above its signal line.The MACD crossed above its signal line 4 period(s) ago.  Since the MACD crossed its moving average, FIRSTBANK's price has decreased 3.51%, and has ranged from a high of 45.800 to a low of 41.150.

Overbought/Oversold

The MACD is not in an Overbought/Oversold range.

Divergence

There have been no divergence signals within the last 5 periods.

This commentary is not a recommendation to buy or sell, but rather a guideline to interpreting the specified indicators.  This information should only be used by investors who are aware of the risk inherent in securities trading.  
-----------------------

Relative Strength Index
Review of FIRSTBANK (FIRSTBANK)
as of 1/8/2008

The current value for the 14 period RSI is 51.1156.

The RSI, written by J. Welles Wilder in 1978, can be used in several different ways to analyze a chart.

Tops and Bottoms

The RSI is not currently in a topping (above 70) or bottoming (below 30) range.    A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area.  

Chart Formations

The RSI often forms chart patterns (such as head and shoulders or rising wedges) that may or may not be visible on the price chart.  Since the analysis of chart patterns is subjective, the Expert Advisor cannot find them.  You will have to visually inspect the RSI indicator to look for such patterns.

Failure Swings (also known as support or resistance penetrations or breakouts)

The RSI does not currently show any Failure Swings.

Support and Resistance

The RSI shows, sometimes more clearly than the price chart, levels of support and resistance.  As with chart formations, this is subjective, so you must visually inspect the chart to determine this.

Divergence

The RSI and price are not diverging.

-------------
This commentary is not a recommendation to buy or sell, but rather a guideline to interpreting the specified indicators.  This information should only be used by investors who are aware of the risk inherent in securities trading.  

--------------------------
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2008
TRW Stockbrokers also send Technical indicators data to your inbox. Does anyone use this broker?? They just appear so efficient. See example email received today.

-----------
Latest Market Info
OCEANIC: SUPPLEMENTARY ALLOTMENT OF SHARES.

TODAY THE SUBSCRIPTION AND SUPPLEMENTARY ALLOTMENT OF SHARES OF 10,580,786,978 ORDINARY SHARES OF 50 KOBO EACH @16.50 PER SHARE OF OCEANIC BANK WAS LISTED ON THE FLOOR OF THE EXCHANGE.

OCEANICBANK closed down -1.750 at 33.360.

Open High Low Close Volume___

35.110 33.450 33.360 33.360 9,512,415

Price Trend Report:5 Moving Average: Current price is below 5-period moving average: 35.34

21 Moving Average: Current price is above 21-period moving average: 32.35

LSQ Analysis: Current price is 20% above its price trend.

Bollinger Band Analysis: Price Volatility: Increasing; Price Trend: Not in trend (probably is in sideway or reversing);

Hurst Trend Analysis: Hurst Exponent: 1.0000, current trend will continue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Indicators Report: Value Tips

RSI 61.3

MACD -0.4

CCI 31.0

DMI 37.4; 34.6

K%D 44.9; 59.0 Market is in down trend.

NVI 8.2

OBV 861127.8

PVI 81.2 Price isnt likely to rise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRW Stock Forecaster:Prediction for Next Three Prices: 32.50, 32.22, 31.89

Deviation*: 0.07

Price Direction(short term): Price will go down.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ Mypeace

Just out of curiousity,what have you done with your Lasaco?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2008
@pumping

i use TRW
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Father of 2
like i had earlier said was planning holding that nascon till FYE result is announced. will check all my spreadsheet money and see what i can juggle about. Good looking out for your disciple.
too many stocks not enough money,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2008
aktopgun:

@pumping

i use TRW

Will you recommend them based on the service you are getting? I'm not thinking of changing but I've seen a few members express concern with the service they are getting. Maybe this is one to look at.

I just discovered their website and I'm kind of impressed with the information they have been sharing since my free registeration on the website. Also the timeliness of it.

I suppose you get even better stuff if you have an account with them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2008
@Pumping

Thanks, i am waiting for the next cycle.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2008
NBA:

@Naijrdr
My relationship officer took care of it. You can also contact them directly, I updated the other thread with the info.

Oh boy i no sure say relationship officer power reach this one ohhh. UBA stockbrokers no get hand for this one, this one na for UBA Global markets.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:41pm On Jan 08, 2008
faketan:

hello gurus,

I read about this yesterday and I do not really know how true theis allegation is.

Do some banks really post inflate figures as profits?
http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jan/6/428.html

This article is so poorly written/researched that no part of it should be taken seriously. If someone wants to impugn the banking sector, they need more than a few quotes from some nameless "former director of a bank". Do banks cook books? I believe all companies, including mine, will stretch the limits of the law to instill share holder confidence and generate positive news. Also, one bank can choose balance sheet to lay claim to being the biggest, another uses earnings, another branch network, another shareholders funds. So what, it's the investor's job to decide what really matters and back it up with his/her money.

It concerns me how easy it is to tarnish a reputation (any disaporans following the Roger Clemens story?). Whoever wrote this story needs a lesson in investigative journalism.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by foruma(m): 12:21am On Jan 09, 2008
Sold my Oceanic today @ about N33, bought @ about N16 smiley

Anyway.

http://rapidshare.com/users/9OSIZN

I have updated the Nairaland folder (above) with all the price listing till date.

Under Daily prices
----------------------
Prices for Jan 2,3,4,7 and 8. (I will be updating it daily)
All bonus and dividends declared for the year 2006
Proposed allotment for Access bank PO
Sample Stock price data from kenya NSE

Under investment books
-------------------------------
Trading for a Living by Dr Alexander Elder
Rich Dad Poor Dad _ Robert Kiyosaki
The Intelligent investor _ Benjamin Graham
MBA in a Day

Under stock analysis softwares
--------------------------------------
Aptistock 1.10
Aptistock 1.12 (latest version)

Under ebooks
-------------------
Control your sweat naturally
Interview Skills that win the Job
Next Day Interview (prepare tonight, get the job tomorrow)
501 Challenging Logic Reasoning Questions (good for job interview)
Book of IQ TEST (Very good book for aptitude tests, with answers) contains verbal, analogies, shapes, brain teasers etc. (highly recommended)

Under novels
----------------
Sidney Sheldon, (will upload soon)
James Hadley chase (will upload soon)
23 novels by Authur Charles clark.

MISC
------
Time zone from around the world
Collection of the best Reader Digest Humor (from Laughter is the best medicine).

Ok, enjoy, will be back later,

P.S. Let me know what you think.

The Idea is to have a central location for files,

I will upload the daily bid and offer positions, and other files later on,

grin peace,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jimmyjam: 12:24am On Jan 09, 2008
hello Man-jiro  or Pumpin please, do you have technical documentation that would better understand how to format and download the zenith sheet and import it to aptistock.

I copied and pasted fields to the excel sheet and was able to import but the updated info would not show up on aptistock. could i be doing it wrongly. are we to save the new csv in with the stockname first of the date, first infact if you can provide is with the csv's from 21st dec to date that will also be helpful

I even tried adding data manually to the NSE stock files such as for 7up ams saved it.  but it would not update aptistock.

thanks

jimmyjam

please feel to email me at:    blkjizz@yahoo.com

thanks

Also if anyone has an excel macros sheet that can calculate MA, MACD, RSI etc all on one simple sheet with graphs please email to me thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:14am On Jan 09, 2008
jimmyjam:

hello Man-jiro or Pumpin please, do you have technical documentation that would better understand how to format and download the zenith sheet and import it to aptistock.

I copied and pasted fields to the excel sheet and was able to import but the updated info would not show up on aptistock. could i be doing it wrongly. are we to save the new csv in with the stockname first of the date, first infact if you can provide is with the csv's from 21st dec to date that will also be helpful

I even tried adding data manually to the NSE stock files such as for 7up ams saved it. but it would not update aptistock.

thanks

jimmyjam

please feel to email me at: blkjizz@yahoo.com

thanks

Also if anyone has an excel macros sheet that can calculate MA, MACD, RSI etc all on one simple sheet with graphs please email to me thanks

Use the thread kindly provided by easimoni. Everything is explained clearly.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-103844.0.html

I have also uploaded in megaupload link below a zipped CSV file with all the date from April 2007 to date that works for BOTH Aptistock and MetaStock. Ensure you save the data as CSV(MS-DOS) and not just CSV. Thanks to the original providers of the data (bigjay01 and savvylanre)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SNAWNK4Q

For additional days, just create a new CSV file with the data for that day only (This means the import finishes quickly) and import this to Aptistock or Metastock.

Then copy the data from the new CSV file into the old CSV file so you can continue to maintain the entire data in one CSV file.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:15am On Jan 09, 2008
@foruma - Thanks for the effort!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 4:33am On Jan 09, 2008
@foruma

A ba di e? Your profile shows you are based in Eket, are you by any chance an MPN-QIT guy? Used to be there myself, loads of good memories. Thanks for your effort in sharing your resources on the forum.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:53am On Jan 09, 2008
re - Chams to bag ISO 9000 on thursday after various scrutiny. na better news be that.
those with home advantage don pockect the offer finish,its a pity i cant even get a scratch on this honey.
HOME GOOD OOOH MY PEOPLE. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naomi101: 7:05am On Jan 09, 2008
@abocana
Oh yes, nothing spoil for us to meet in as much as we are both in vancouver.i am in the coq. area.talk to u soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:22am On Jan 09, 2008
@Blest, just send the money to me and I can BUY since you cannot BUY.

Seriously, this CHAM thing na wa OOOOO. Was just processing a N12m loan that should be ready by month end for this thing now they will not allow me to eat belleful for this offer.

Learnt that they did preferential allottment. Was told that the 'offer' was just to fulfill all righteousness as the thing was already allocated!!!! Unbelievable.

Well, now that CHAMS is almost gone, what next
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by simplelady: 8:56am On Jan 09, 2008
Timmi,

Chams:
I happened to have 1-million shares of CHAMS at the previous PP, and as stated in another stock forum, CHAMS is, and will be the MICROSOFT of Nigeria. Accumulate as much as you can for long term investing.

which coy is chams please?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2008
@FO2

l am still stocked with my LASACO. l changed a broker and he has been working on the transfer. l don even tire for the only thing. l believe another sale opportunity will come up again soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:37am On Jan 09, 2008
MyPeace:

@FO2

l am still stocked with my LASACO. l changed a broker and he has been working on the transfer. l don even tire for the only thing. l believe another sale opportunity will come up again soon.

And how far with Transexpress?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 10:04am On Jan 09, 2008
Guys & Ladies, welcome back from the holiday even though it doesn't look like there was any in Nairaland.

people post on the thread at 12:00 AM.

Quick one, i have NEM stocks with three months prospect in mind probably @ N5. Does anyone see this as a good outlook.

kindly revert back if any

Many thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 10:08am On Jan 09, 2008
wanaj0:

And how far with Transexpress?

hahaha, answer as usual cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 10:12am On Jan 09, 2008
@Simplelady

Chams is short for Chellarams. Its also an acronym for a shakara company. They want your money, at the same time they don't. Better left alone. Dont see any point in this 'open' PP. Maybe the point is to sensitize people for its PO because with the credentials reported on this forum and the amount wanted, 5 Nigerians will happily raise the money on I.V.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 10:17am On Jan 09, 2008
HAPPY NEWYEAR FATHER OF MANY,WANAJO,AKTOPGUN, EASIMONI,OLOLUFEMI, SHIGIDI AND OTHERS IN THE HOUSE NOT MENTIONED, please could u inform me when wema and fidelity are likely to come back, i,m seeing them staying too long especially fidelity.    Then about  UTC, a penny stock under FOOD AND BEVERAGES, can someone inform me about it, i,m beginning to eye it especially the way BIGTREAT came in and fly up once, i can still see this UTC about moving as well.          YOUR OPINION PLEASE:

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.