Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,135 members, 7,863,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820416 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 10:20am On Jan 09, 2008
MyPeace:

hahaha, answer as usual cheesy

Wetin cause riot for Kenya no reach this one wy you dey do OOOO

Pennywise:

@Simplelady

Chams is short for Chellarams. Its also an acronym for a shakara company. They want your money, at the same time they don't. Better left alone. Dont see any point in this 'open' PP. Maybe the point is to sensitive people for its PO because with the credentials reported on this forum and the amount wanted, 5 Nigerians will happily raise the money on I.V.

CHAMS and CHELLARAMS are totally different companies with nothing in common.

CHAMS is doing a PP with plans for listing soon. They may do an IPO then.

CHELLARAMS is already listed but is planning for a PO.

Hope this help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:26am On Jan 09, 2008
@wanajo

thanks for putting pennywise straight on it. he got all mixed up didnt he.

anyway i suppose it would have helped to look at the prospectus before assuming

by the way, managed to raise any dosh yet? i'm going with the little i have. my link in lagos says its on a first come first serve basis. i am going with the little cash i have on hand right now

sure big boys like u will get large preferential allotments cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 10:30am On Jan 09, 2008
CHAMS and CHELLARAMS are totally different companies with nothing in common.

CHAMS is doing a PP with plans for listing soon. They may do an IPO then.

CHELLARAMS is already listed but is planning for a PO.

Hope this help.[quote][/quote]

That's CHARMING.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2008
wanaj0:

Wetin cause riot for Kenya no reach this one wy you dey do OOOO

l think say u don pass transexpress LEVEL grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 10:52am On Jan 09, 2008
aktopgun:

@wanajo

thanks for putting pennywise straight on it. he got all mixed up didnt he.

anyway i suppose it would have helped to look at the prospectus before assuming

by the way, managed to raise any dosh yet? i'm going with the little i have. my link in lagos says its on a first come first serve basis. i am going with the little cash i have on hand right now

sure big boys like u will get large preferential allotments cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well, reserved 2m units at UBA Global Capital Markets.

Just got a contact in SKYE BANK also. They are one of teh underwritters so I guess they are selling their portion (25% of the total offer) They are doing first come first served. The guy asked for an e-mail so as to make reservation for me.

Going to do a reservation for another 1m units while I go and source for funds.

Raised 1m already. Hope to get more before COB today. Will see if I can raise 12m by next week. If it is still open then, I can go for a KILL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:13am On Jan 09, 2008
Access Bank H2 Result out!

ACCESS BANK PLC

HALF-YEAR RESULTS ENDED SEPTEMBER 30, 2007.
2007 2006 %CHANGE
GROSS EARNINGS N23.4b N11.3b 106.46
PROFIT BEFORE TAX N7.0b N3.1b 126.51
TAXATION (N2.2b) (N989.3m)
PROFIT AFTER TAX N4.8b N2.1b 126.51

Fair result, but well below expectation. Was looking forward to H2 PAT of atleast N7b sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2008
10 pages since last thursday! Na wa o! Finding it increasingly difficult catching with you guys! Phew! I don tire o! Need 2 step up big time!

Can see some peeps gravitating towards Father of 2's strategy. Nice one! Hmm! I remember vividly how the fundamentalists were slightly miffed with the kamikaze style in which Father of 2 notoriously invaded this thread with its 25% strategy etc. Anyway, it's all good now! Just chuffed that the forum is no longer a one way traffic kind of forum. Anyway, nuff said!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by noshaking2(m): 11:40am On Jan 09, 2008
Spreadsheet profit alarmingly disappearing? No shaking at all! Just buy more units with these downwards looking prices etc cos the real bull run is about to start. The one we recently witnessed na bull walk! U know say ram wey dey reverse back/walk backwards, na power it wan go bring. The more the ram walks backwards, the more the momentum it has when it surges forward. Hope you get my drift!
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 11:46am On Jan 09, 2008
no_shaking:

Access Bank H2 Result out!

ACCESS BANK PLC

HALF-YEAR RESULTS ENDED SEPTEMBER 30, 2007.
                                        2007     2006    %CHANGE
GROSS EARNINGS          N23.4b   N11.3b   106.46
PROFIT BEFORE TAX       N7.0b    N3.1b    126.51
TAXATION                     (N2.2b) (N989.3m)
PROFIT AFTER TAX        N4.8b    N2.1b    126.51

Fair result, but well below expectation. Was looking forward to H2 PAT of atleast N7b  sad

Access PE now above 30! Nawaoooo! No wonder it took them time to release the result! Henceforth any delayed result is suspect (personal sentiment)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2008
wanaj0:

Well, reserved 2m units at UBA Global Capital Markets.

Just got a contact in SKYE BANK also. They are one of the underwritters so I guess they are selling their portion (25% of the total offer) They are doing first come first served. The guy asked for an e-mail so as to make reservation for me.

Going to do a reservation for another 1m units while I go and source for funds.

Raised 1m already. Hope to get more before COB today. Will see if I can raise 12m by next week. If it is still open then, I can go for a KILL.

Already reserved mine and stock field marshall wanajo make sure you no gobble up everything o! grin grin grin grin grin

As soon as they list i will offload hopefully for a profit enter into the secondary market and ride that hopefully i can offload before they go on TS and i will be ready for Interswitch PP and the 'cycle'who mentioned cycle- in cycle-out on this forum? should follow the same pattern¨

There is still cool money to be made on the NSE hopefully time is your friend
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2008
got a mail from UBA with the CHAMS prospectus today. anyone that receives the uba updates should also have received it, i presume?!
seems they were just creating an initial hype for the thing. anyway will not repost as some had put it on megaupload a few pages page.

Thank God am rid of access for now. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2008
can one reserve with different placement agents for the CHAMS PP? would that mean u fill out the form again each time u present ur cheque or is one form enough?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2008
@Wanaj0

I wont call you Filed Marshall because we are no more in the military era, so I’ll dub you with “THE ICHIE OF ALL GURU’S” (after all some one got to be the Ichie)  

I need your help here, last week I was able to sell both my LASACO (gained about 124%), AFPRINT (230% profit) and yesterday my CAPOIL was sold too (with more than 1600% gain) , meaning I am fully loaded with cash (in my acct.) but don’t know which stock to buy especially with all these free falls.

I would have love the CHAMS PP but I am not in Nigeria and no one can cash the money out for me.

So Ichie of all gurus what is your advice?

Btw, I still keep to your strategy of not selling off the entire stocks o; I left about 15k units of LASACO and 30k units of CAPOIL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2008
Access Bank may release 9 month result soon! Will improve!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2008
@ Ololufemi

how far with fcmb ? i get small units .wetin be next move. This Chams , person need dough to buy plenty,but i gast to go through the prospectus.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2008
@ aktopgun

howz Tobechuks ? Abeg what's the minimum requirement for this TRW peeps ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2008
@wanajo

everyday i'm amazed and rather bewildered the way guys mention big money on this thread shocked . they talk about hw they are really prepared to take position in stock. it's somehow awesome and encouraging.

you will also help your followers like me if you can answer my earlier request.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2008
no_shaking:

10 pages since last thursday! Na wa o! Finding it increasingly difficult catching with you guys! Phew! I don tire o! Need 2 step up big time!

Can see some peeps gravitating towards Father of 2's strategy. Nice one! Hmm! I remember vividly how the fundamentalists were slightly miffed with the kamikaze style in which Father of 2 notoriously invaded this thread with its 25% strategy etc. Anyway, it's all good now! Just chuffed that the forum is no longer a one way traffic kind of forum. Anyway, nuff said!!

hahahahha,
i'm trying to get one of my boys to pronounce this word.Laugh wan kill me with e response.
Welcome from your 10 page leave.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2008
steeviee:

@wanajo

everyday i'm amazed and rather bewildered the way guys mention big money on this thread shocked . they talk about hw they are really prepared to take position in stock. it's somehow awesome and encouraging.

Not sure what the earlier request was.

Well, I finished University in 1991, started investing actively in the stock market in 2001 so you can imagine where I ought to be especially now that I've moved to the NEXT LEVEL
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2008
kpineo:

got a mail from UBA with the CHAMS prospectus today. anyone that receives the uba updates should also have received it, i presume?!
seems they were just creating an initial hype for the thing. anyway will not repost as some had put it on megaupload a few pages page.

Thank God am rid of access for now. grin

That na y i be ask if you sell all. I be no want make u rid them all sha,
Just take d profit and wait.You no na green season(this na yodi slank) we dey.
All of them wan report how them take use our money last year.
I go teach u one thing soon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2008
@ Wanaj0

“THE ICHIE OF ALL GURU’S” I still dey wait for your responce on my request o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2008
osazet,
Per you enquiries into UTC, they got Peju Adebajo the respected dauthger of the stationery stores guru to take over their affairs about two years ago, she sold off the non profit making arms and concentrated on just the UTC foods (hence the exceptional item in the YE 05 results of N105m) YE 06 they made a profit of N64m. The stock rose from about 70k to a high of N4.8 on speculation that Peju had turned around their fortunes. Looking at their books it is inevitable that they will need to sell equity very soon to raise funds. They are in dire need of funds to expand and smoothen their operations. I'd thread carefully here. That's about all I have on UTC
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2008
steeviee:

@wanajo

Wanajo,if you are amazed @ the way guys mention big money on this thread,then I'm "acorned".What was your earlier request again?Does anyone on this thread have Big Treat shares to sell?Access is crossing the N25 mark,congratulations to Roughcut and co.Finally,now that the NSE has given Transcorp a deadline to rejuvenate MTEL or , ,what will happen to transcorp shares that have been on a seemingly unending one-way trip to South Africa
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2008
crazyT:

@ Wanaj0

“THE ICHIE OF ALL GURU’S” I still dey wait for your responce on my request o

What is the request again? The CHAMS thing took all my time and energy.

crazyT:

@Wanaj0

I wont call you Filed Marshall because we are no more in the military era, so I’ll dub you with “THE ICHIE OF ALL GURU’S” (after all some one got to be the Ichie)  

I need your help here, last week I was able to sell both my LASACO (gained about 124%), AFPRINT (230% profit) and yesterday my CAPOIL was sold too (with more than 1600% gain) , meaning I am fully loaded with cash (in my acct.) but don’t know which stock to buy especially with all these free falls.

I would have love the CHAMS PP but I am not in Nigeria and no one can cash the money out for me.

So Ichie of all gurus what is your advice?

Btw, I still keep to your strategy of not selling off the entire stocks o; I left about 15k units of LASACO and 30k units of CAPOIL.

You don't need to be in Nigeria. Your broker can issue a cheque to the issuing house so no problem with that.

I don't do short term. For LONG TERM, CHAMS is top on my list. Can wait till 2010 for that. First Bank and Diamond are also on my radar. Dangote Sugar should also do well this year.

On Diamond, if you can wait for 3 years, go for it. Don't see ACTIS staying past three years. You can be sure that when they decide to exit, it will be at a huge premium.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2008
@father of2
your pupil awaiting further directions. my personal email is on my profile. you can hit me there if it is personal.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2008
@ WanajO

What is your take on fcmb and A.G leventis. Respect.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2008
kpineo:

@father of2
your pupil awaiting further directions. my personal email is on my profile. you can hit me there if it is personal.

No oh,that one too much na.You no be pupil.You fit be wan bank manager now inside your airconditioned office signing L/C's.
You be mate na.You know say HUMILITY na good virtue.
i go check your profile wen time reach.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by steeviee(m): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2008
@wanajo

No doubt you've got a great pedigree.

@ ALL

what are your takes on NEM insurance?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2008
@Father of plenty

u cant see me as i dey postrate.I give respect , only we have different ways of expressing it. You dont know how much i have learnt from you though i dont make noise about it . I recognize chairman . i DEY HUMBLE , wetin small pikin sabi , you we you dey handle 285m. Abeg what is the next move on FCMB. i dey learn.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 1:19pm On Jan 09, 2008
good-day 2 all

@wanaj0
please how do i make a reservation on this CHAMS PP?
any phone or mail add that i can hit immidiatetly?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2008
steeviee:

@wanajo

No doubt you've got a great pedigree.

@ ALL

what are your takes on NRM insurance?

Which one is NRM Generally for insurance companies, tread with caution.

If it is NEM, difficult for me to recommend. It was 0.55 in 2006 when they did the rights. Now they've merged with VIGILANTE and not sure what the outstanding share is right now. However, they will be coming to the market soon which should drive up the price.

Still tend to lean towards UNIC. The PO was don @ 1.10 in 2006. They may be coming back to the market soon

barge:

@ WanajO

What is your take on fcmb and A.G leventis. Respect.

Personally prefer FCMB to AG Leventis.

hbrednic:

good-day 2 all

@wanaj0
please how do i make a reservation on this CHAMS PP?
any phone or mail add that i can hit immidiatetly?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2008
which one is NRM insurance ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.