Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,436 members, 7,853,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819123 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2008
windywendy:

@Easimoni, for LASACO, I have 8.27b shares outstanding. Can you please confirm if this is correct? Thanks.

I no be easi o but,

I have 14.2B shares. I won't bother calculating the ratios grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2008
frankiriri,  Sorry about your loss GOD the father will receive His soul in haven and will give you strenght to bear the loss.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2008
pumping777:

I no be easi o but,

I have 14.2B shares. I won't bother calculating the ratios grin grin

14.2b  shocked shocked. Naaa, not sure that's correct. They previously had 1.4b and just listed additional 6.85b. Can't possibly be 14.2b  
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ACL(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ all
rough, wanajo,wendy
please whats up with this DVCF OIL & GAS @ 1:31k
my colleague brought it to the office & it was also advertised on radio.
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2008
For ikeja hotels, i am not selling at all. I will watch it go down, I have a 10% after comm profit but I think there will be a bigger wave to surf, am hanging in there guys.

I will do an averaging down buying if it goes lower than my entry point.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2008
windywendy:

14.2b  shocked shocked. Naaa, not sure that's correct. They previously had 1.4b and just listed additional 6.85b. Can't possibly be 14.2b 

1.4B ke? Meaning they had a PE of 5.5x? I don't think so. This must be the figure IBTC used to come up with that 5x PE for Crusader in December.

It was actually 7.4B that was outstanding before. Now it is 14.2B. Scary forward PE of 55x.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2008
@invisible and other gurus

forgive my lack of quick understanding but can you explain, averaging down to me in lame man terms. cause when i try to rationalise it in my head it seems i would be making more money for the brokers than myself.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2008
UTC crossed N5 today. I just dey look like Lucozade.  shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Fatherof2, you know say you be my brother any day abi? And I respect your opinion very well on this forum as well as the other many varied opinions. But e get one thing when you dey do wey de vex me well well.

Your strategy is sound no doubt, and you're obviously successful at it. I, like you, trade very heavily too. But sometimes your comments seem condescending to people who choose to do long term investing. Not too sure what's going on between you and Wanaj0, but it's not too cool for you to come out and call a stock useless, especially after someone has recommended it. Haba, Fatherof2, this detracts from your very well respected views na, it's beneath you.

Anyway, me I don talk my own finish  smiley. Please keep your comments impersonal, it'll help to foster open-mindedness on the forum, which is what we really want.  Abi?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2008
ACL:

@ all
rough, wanajo,wendy
please whats up with this DVCF OIL & GAS @ 1:31k
my colleague brought it to the office & it was also advertised on radio.
thanks

Sorry, don't know nothing about DVCF Oil & Gas. Seems like it's some kind of fund. No idea what it is.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Grabdaloot - at least you sold your Aglevent intentionally.
Me i was trying to do a short and long, so i maximise on the drop that happened second week of the year. I forgot to cancel my sell order, as there was an expiry on it,
Next thing i knew, I was querying my broker ZSL for not executing on all my orders - the following day, everything was executed on - including the Aglevent. I no fit talk,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2008
pumping777:

1.4B ke? Meaning they had a PE of 5.5x? I don't think so. This must be the figure IBTC used to come up with that 5x PE for Crusader in December.

It was actually 7.4B that was outstanding before. Now it is 14.2B. Scary forward PE of 55x.

Ok o, let's wait for Easimoni to confirm  his figures by the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses . . .  smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2008
SavvyLanre:

@Grabdaloot - at least you sold your Aglevent intentionally.
Me i was trying to do a short and long, so i maximise on the drop that happened second week of the year. I forgot to cancel my sell order, as there was an expiry on it,
Next thing i knew, I was querying my broker ZSL for not executing on all my orders - the following day, everything was executed on - including the Aglevent. I no fit talk,

Hmmm, make una dey siddon look. When I started mentioning AG Leventis, the price was like N3 or thereabout. Wetin una dey think? Like I said back then, volumes will show up at the right price on this one. I entered, exited at a handsome gain and re-entered at about N5. Na me go dey dictate price to all of una wey wan buy now grin grin. Infact, Fatherof2, I don close all windows, so no crashing in fit happen cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2008
@egoldman

Please can you send me email your cashcraft account. I am just about jumping ship. My email is pelemo2002 at yahoo dot com

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2008
windywendy:

@Fatherof2, you know say you be my brother any day abi? And I respect your opinion very well on this forum as well as the other many varied opinions. But e get one thing when you dey do wey de vex me well well.

Your strategy is sound no doubt, and you're obviously successful at it. I, like you, trade very heavily too. But sometimes your comments seem condescending to people who choose to do long term investing. Not too sure what's going on between you and Wanaj0, but it's not too cool for you to come out and call a stock useless, especially after someone has recommended it. Haba, Fatherof2, this detracts from your very well respected views na, it's beneath you.

Anyway, me I don talk my own finish smiley. Please keep your comments impersonal, it'll help to foster open-mindedness on the forum, which is what we really want. Abi?
my dear I think at the most recent comment, he meant if he puts N100k in there(chellarams), at 5% gain, that wont be enough profit, hence very useless, but with someone like wacky waja carrying volume with N40mil, 5% is N200k
I went back and found that post and thats what I got from it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2008
Naijadr:

my dear I think at the most recent comment, he meant if he puts N100k in there(chellarams), at 5% gain, that wont be enough profit, hence very useless, but with someone like wacky waja carrying volume with N40mil, 5% is N200k
I went back and found that post and thats what I got from it.

Hmmm, I'll let Fof2 speak for himself first before I comment further. But I was beginning to notice comments (both the last one and some previous others) which to my mind appear condescending to long termers, and hence my post.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2008
@kpineo, naira cost averaging is a technique which we leant from the American guys, Dollar cost averaging.

It is a trading technique meant to reduce the cost of your initial purchase cost, if the price goes down after you have bought.

Supposing you bought 100k units at 6 naira and it starts to fall to 5 naira, instead of crying over loss of 100 k naira, you get back and purchase the stock, another 100k units at 5naira.

You now see that your cost price for the total 200k units is now N5.50. It can be repeated several times as a stock continus to go down, if it gains a little, start to sell the units you bought cheapest.

Remember, this strategy is only used for stocks with sound fundamentals, not for steady losers like (transcorp).

Hope this helps, other gurus will help explain this strategy well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2008
invisible!:

@kpineo, naira cost averaging is a technique which we leant from the American guys, Dollar cost averaging.

It is a trading technique meant to reduce the cost of your initial purchase cost, if the price goes down after you have bought.

Supposing you bought 100k units at 6 naira and it starts to fall to 5 naira, instead of crying over loss of 100 k naira, you get back and purchase the stock, another 100k units at 5naira.

You now see that your cost price for the total 200k units is now N5.50. It can be repeated several times as a stock continus to go down, if it gains a little, start to sell the units you bought cheapest.

Remember, this strategy is only used for stocks with sound fundamentals, not for steady losers like (transcorp).

Hope this helps, other gurus will help explain this strategy well.

you do well, now i grab it clearly!!!! thanks mate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2008
Hey Guys whats been responsible for the movement we have been seeing all week with livestock? anybody with inside info?
@YODIYOKUN, i don hail you back .
@grabdaloot make you try write me back .

@frankiri acceptmy commiseration and may God grant you fortitude and strength to bear the loss
@windywendy, make u dey use style dey yab naijacanadians like us . We need to talk ooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SuperGuy: 10:41pm On Jan 29, 2008
LASACO O/S SHARES

With the share listing of 6.8b units, Lasaco assurance presently
has 8.2b units and with a q3 result of 865m and expectation of
bumper result at year end (probably in the region of #1.5b), Lasaco
is a good buy and better than most insurance stocks. This is my
candid opinion and particularly when the coy is not doing po having
just collected #4.2b warehoused in cbn in Nov 2007.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2008
SuperGuy:

LASACO O/S SHARES

With the share listing of 6.8b units, Lasaco assurance presently
has 8.2b units and with a q3 result of 865m and expectation of
bumper result at year end (probably in the region of #1.5b), Lasaco
is a good buy and better than most insurance stocks. This is my
candid opinion and particularly when the coy is not doing po having
just collected #4.2b warehoused in cbn in Nov 2007.

Statement Withdrawn.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 10:54pm On Jan 29, 2008
windywendy:

Sorry, don't know nothing about DVCF Oil & Gas. Seems like it's some kind of fund. No idea what it is.

DVCF oil and gas is partly owned by Deap Capital and management plc, So you can safely infer that substantial part of their profit goes to Deap Capital.percentage ownership: 29%. They finance oil and Gas projects . like given money to contractors to execute projects and share the profits afterwards, They are in to other business too. That all i can remember about them.

hope this helps.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2008
windywendy:

Anyway, me I don talk my own finish  smiley. Please keep your comments impersonal, it'll help to foster open-mindedness on the forum, which is what we really want.  Abi?

I learnt from this forum the word PREMATURE EJA, sincerely some people including me can be culprits, Please WWendy no vex,
NaijaDr thanks too believe that your explanation is cool.

@Cleasing has some bright minds managing it, moved in 2006 abi early 07 to their permanent property and has enjoyed a lot of PFA funds.  Furthermore and  those statisticians/actuarial folks managing it have not run out of ideas yet.
Summary It will head Borno still.
Cheers folks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Frankiri,
Take k man, God strengthen you protect, comfort and provide during this trying time
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2008
@frankiriri, God will erase your pain with his soothing love, také heart.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2008
@WindyWendy - You are probably right. I may be listing Lasaco's shares twice. I assumed the original PO and Rights shares have been listed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Frankiri
accept my deepest sympathy.
May the good Lord give you and your family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Frankiri,

Pls accept my condolences, may the Lord strengthen you and your family.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 11:21pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Fatherof 2, I enter Eterna and 18.00 and still keen to stay on board!

@Grabdaloot, You MUST say something about this stock o, biko! wink

@Windywendy, I don notice say you get Midas touch on this board, I throway salute !

What I learn on this board in January, Read, read ,, and read, there is always something new to learn.

@Aktopgun, me I don dey prepare to come chop rice for your end o!, we must celebrate Tobe complete delivarance.

@Frankiri, may HE who is able to truly console give you the fortitude to bear this loss, may His grace secure your family.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2008
pumping777:

@WindyWendy - You are probably right. I may be listing Lasaco's shares twice. I assumed the original PO and Rights shares have been listed.

Ok no problem. So assuming they're able to grow Q3 PAT by about 30% for year-end (and I'm thinking this is quite a conservative estimate), forward P/E is about 33 abi? Still prefer STACO but this isn't looking too bad considering the other valuations in the sector, plus these Lasaco guys have greater growth potential as they can benefit from both the local content policy and the mandatory health insurance thingy for government workers. My only problem with them is corporate governance. I recently read in the papers that they gave some hundreds of thousands of shares to a coach as a gift  shocked shocked. Who does that? shocked Did the shareholders approve? Anyway, I'll be keeping my eye on them, they're not looking too bad.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by diva4eva(f): 11:26pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ ACL,
Pls can u tell me more about the DCVF private placement. im interested. pls mail me on amaleux at yahoo.com. will appreciate if i get ur reply
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 11:27pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Frankiriri, may you be comforted.  Death remains an enemy but its final defeat has been made possible by the ransom provided by Jesus Christ.

WindyWendy,  Pumping etal, can you blow some wind or pump some information on the following stocks. Since I join this thread nobody has mentioned it, even its brother NCR has enjoyed the mention by Gurus.  That is TippleGee.  Why una no like this penny stock? Take a look at the price early 2007, you will be surprised.  And these ones too:

Neimeth
Ekocorp
R T Briscoe
Dunlop
7 Up (abi 7 no de up again?)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.