Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,749 members, 7,831,395 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816021 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mutu1(m): 11:58am On Jan 30, 2008
FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
UNAUDITED NINE MONTHS RESULT ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2007
2007 2006 %CHANGE
GROSS EARNINGS N105.214b N63.722b 65.11
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N32.812b N19.259b 70.37
TAXATION (N6.890b) (N4.439b) 55.21
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION N25.922b N14.820b 74.91

ELEPHANT DON LAND BE THAT!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2008
@frankiriri

It is well.

Just be assured that he is watching you and would be hoping that you use your time well: making yourself and your family great.

Take care
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2008
mutu1:

2007 2006 %CHANGE

Me don dey shout say elephant wan enter market. This na small thing. The N250bn never start work yet. Wait for the next years financial result. FBN go set new record. But this result came fast!!! Na February we dey expect am. Result not that fantastic though. Zenith should make about that also in 9months.

tonyjon:

@ Wanaj0,

Did you read the post I directed to you?. Please am waiting for the document/information.

Thanks.

Peace.

Don't have it with me here. Ask easimoni or Yodiyokun

iconbull:

wanajo, i have about N2 mill tied down in that PP since 2006, verify their listing date well well! before jumping in. we havnt got certs or dividends since that time. i plan visiting their ofc this week though.

That shows that the PP is genuine. The thing ended 2005 so if you entered in 2007, na late comer you be. Well, the PP is still open for those that want to enter in 2008 as I am hearing. That shows that allotment/allocation is not yet done so you will need to wait for those buying now so that you can get your certificates together. Remember IGI?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2008
@frankiriri

IT IS WELL! Accept my condolence.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2008
mutu1:

2007 2006 %CHANGE

Over N10B PAT in the last quarter alone. Na new record be that already.

This na better African Elephant, the real king of the jungle grin grin grin No disrespect to Mr. Lion
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2008
wanaj0:

Anyone on board of UNIC Hit the magical 5.00 today
he be like say i miss this post, chei!

master i day on board o! i sitdown berekete for window side
any way  sha i fit open window for any body wey won pass window enter,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2008
wanaj0:

Me don dey shout say elephant wan enter market. This na small thing. The N250bn never start work yet. Wait for the next years financial result. FBN go set new record. But this result came fast!!! Na February we dey expect am. Result not that fantastic though. Zenith should make about that also in 9months.

Wanajo, Elephant don landooooo. Like you said though not fantastic, it tells us what the future holds!  Then if I project a PAT of N37.5bn for FBN this year, I will not be shooting too far! Because many things will add up by year end.  Anyway since FBN will declare only a 9-month result this year by Dec 2008, they might want to shift some goodies to make the 9-month result SWEET. Summarily, the future is great, all things being equal (I can hear many saying all things will be equal cheesy)

Well proper DUEL among FBN, Zenith, UBA and even Oceanic will take off January 2009.  Then we will know who is not who grin  But it will sure be tough.  Jim knows that hence these avalanche of POs etc.  Oceanic should not be under-rated too also with Intercontinental.  Then the cowboy go tell them say, HE IS ABOVE THE LAW!  him no mind pay fine later grin

Wanajo no de shout for nothingooooo.  He talked then about NGC, I no hear, na at N27 I come de rush am, tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
wanaj0:

Wanajo, Elephant don landooooo. Like you said though not fantastic, it tells us what the future holds! Then if I project a PAT of N37.5bn for FBN this year, I will not be shooting too far! Because many things will add up by year end. Anyway since FBN will declare only a 9-month result this year by Dec 2008, they might want to shift some goodies to make the 9-month result SWEET. Summarily, the future is great, all things being equal (I can hear many saying all things will be equal )

Well proper DUEL among FBN, Zenith, UBA and even Oceanic will take off January 2009. Then we will know who is not who But it will sure be tough. Jim knows that hence these avalanche of POs etc. Oceanic should not be under-rated too also with Intercontinental. Then the cowboy go tell them say, HE IS ABOVE THE LAW! him no mind pay fine later

Wanajo no de shout for nothingooooo. He talked then about NGC, I no hear, na at N27 I come de rush am,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2008
@pumpping et al

I am considering procuring diamond bank and or Giunea insurance. What can you say about them?
I will apreciate your contribution. I am not short termer(medium to long term).
Any other suggestions will be welcome

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2008
pumping777:

Over N10B PAT in the last quarter alone. Na new record be that already.

This na better African Elephant, the real king of the jungle grin grin grin No disrespect to Mr. Lion

Pumping,  Oceanic too set a new RECORD of any Nigerian Bank recording N8.8bn in any first quarter of financial year.  NEW RECORDS ARE BEING SET!  The future truly holds great prospects for Nigerian banks as prophesied by Moneywise.  (Hope no pound would be foolish this time, sha grin)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2008
faketan:

@pumpping et al

I am considering procuring diamond bank and or Giunea insurance. What can you say about them?

Cheers

Diamond is not in my radar. I know 9 months result is expected in March but I am worried that those that requested for ordinary shares from the last GDR offfer will have their shares credited by then. This may prevent any upswing and may even depress the price and provide a better entry point for medium or long term.

Guinea Insurance I know little about. The fundamentals are not great. Forward PE of around 74. This is quite high.

I am generally not looking in the direction of the insurance companies right now with the fear of TS all around.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2008
faketan:

@pumpping et al

Cheers

Very soon prices of First Bank, Zenith Bank, UbA, Interconti and UBN will become very high for small networth investors like us.  For that reason I have been piling up stocks of 2nd Tier banks with good fundamentals.  If you ask me, I will chose Diamond bank any day any time. It is fundamentally strong, and price can still give you good volumes.   Another that I will be piling up is Oceanic and Bank PHB, soon all these will get to the 40 to 50 naira bracket.  Just my naive opinion, but I can tell you, those of us who have taken tutorials under the feet of WindyWendy, Wanajo, Fatherof20000, Pumping, easimoni, Roughcut etal, for the past one year on this Forum can also pass for a guru anywhere else grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2008
Surprises:

Pumping,  Oceanic too set a new RECORD of any Nigerian Bank recording N8.8bn in any first quarter of financial year.  NEW RECORDS ARE BEING SET!  The future truly holds great prospects for Nigerian banks as prophesied by Moneywise.  (Hope no pound would be foolish this time, sha grin)

Dat na old record  grin grin Even Zenith beat that record. Abi na Carl Lewis get 100M record grin grin grin Just kidding sha. I get your point. All the same, I don't expect any significant rally in the prices of these stocks short term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2008
pumping777:

Diamond is not in my radar. I know 9 months result is expected in March but I am worried that those that requested for ordinary shares from the last GDR offfer will have their shares credited by then. This may prevent any upswing and may even depress the price and provide a better entry point for medium or long term.

Guinea Insurance I know little about. The fundamentals are not great. Forward PE of around 74. This is quite high.

I am generally not looking in the direction of the insurance companies right now with the fear of TS all around.
Thank you so much. I already have some GTB but may be I should get more. Or do you suggest I jump into FBN.
Could you please suggest any other stock with good prospect medium long term please. I trust your expertise .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ All,

This is to show sey elephant meat sweet oh. I dey expect the rush well well for this stock. Make una rush this meat well so i go see plenty money carry go oh.

@ oga wanaj0 and all,

The elephant(First Bank) don take over as the king of the jungle while the lion (UBA)dey sleep. Make person go wake that lion up oh or else.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2008
Surprises:

Very soon prices of First Bank, Zenith Bank, UbA, Interconti and UBN will become very high for small networth investors like us.  For that reason I have been piling up stocks of 2nd Tier banks with good fundamentals.  If you ask me, I will chose Diamond bank any day any time. It is fundamentally strong, and price can still give you good volumes.   Another that I will be piling up is Oceanic and Bank PHB, soon all these will get to the 40 to 50 naira bracket.  Just my naive opinion, but I can tell you, those of us who have taken tutorials under the feet of WindyWendy, Wanajo, Fatherof20000, Pumping, easimoni, Roughcut etal, for the past one year on this Forum can also pass for a guru anywhere else grin

Well, I am always amused by this reasoning. It has no basis but simply because a lot of people believe this, it keeps driving up the price of stocks with lower nominal prices.

Volume means nothing if you don't factor in the price. N1M worth of First Bank today is that same worth as N1M worth of LawUnion. The number of units mean nothing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2008
faketan:

Thank you so much. I already have some GTB but may be I should get more. Or do you suggest I jump into FBN.
Could you please suggest any other stock with good prospect medium long term please. I trust your expertise .

Medium or long term, I have my radar on CILeasing and AGLeventis. Wait for the profit takers to depress the price. It's already happening with CILeasing. I believe this stock will continue a gradual for consistent upward movement. Also keep an eye open for Japaul for reasonable price depression. There is more to be made from the stock this year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ Surprises,

Na true you talk sey those people don teach plenty people how to fish although some methods superb pass the others.

Gurus plenty for this forum and also guguru too plenty for this forum.

Na person go decide where he wan fall enter.

That diamond na good bank but that them GDR go worry am oh. Make we see sha.

Number of units does not matter unless you dey find seat on top board but if it comes to money, N5 million of Zenith is the same as N5 million of Grommac or ABC or ,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2008
pumping777:

Medium or long term, I have my radar on CILeasing and AGLeventis. Wait for the profit takers to depress the price. It's already happening with CILeasing. I believe this stock will continue a gradual for consistent upward movement. Also keep an eye open for Japaul for reasonable price depression. There is more to be made from the stock this year.
Thank you. I will hold on.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2008
@all the gurus them, wanaj0, pumping777 e.t.c

Please abeg, Skye or FirstInland, which IPO would you recommend that I go for towards a medium-long term? thnx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2008
@bjluv

l bi amatur like you. but helping the gurus, the answer is SKYE, it is even a buy at the market price now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by midastouch: 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2008
Hello Everybody,

I have been reading the generous postings of many gurus on this thread. I need someone to explain in detail how:

RORO - roll on roll off
CICO - cycle in cycle out
GIGO - get in get out

trading strategies work and are applied.

Thanks for being generous.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 1:31pm On Jan 30, 2008
ololufemi:

@ All,

Just received my[b] Dangote flour money[/b]. When them go list the chicken share wey them give us sef come give us our certificates.

@ololufemi
Bro,
What percentage of your money you get back or rather how much allocation you dey expect. If you have the allocation details even better.
Thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2008
@harrisoft
Nobody has to die for me to appear o,
This year has started busy for me,
But no worries you are in safe hands with all the fundamentalists and bombers around,
I am always reading and enjoying the comments, if better dey, let me know, i'll reply you  grin

@all
Going forward, FBN is looking like doing a big one o, the fundamentals are there, very well capitalised (250 BN!), very good liquidity, expect even more growth! (not for short term o)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2008
MyPeace:

@bjluv

l bi amatur like you.  but helping the gurus, the answer is SKYE, it is even a buy at the market price now.

thnx for the info---seems Skye will have to be it because FI bank is closing 2moro and I can not arrange funds and get CSCS number+account number ready by 2moro cheesy

Can the gurus shed more light to this? thnx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2008
bjluv:

@all the gurus them, wanaj0, pumping777 e.t.c

Please abeg, Skye or FirstInland, which IPO would you recommend that I go for towards a medium-long term? thnx

skye looks much better than FIB but if you are looking at 12 months or more, then you could as well go with FIB,
be careful with oversubscription tho
u cn stil get fib even 2 weeks after the closure, check with a reliable broker
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2008
bjluv:

thnx for the info---seems Skye will have to be it because FI bank is closing 2moro and I can not arrange funds and get CSCS number+account number ready by 2moro cheesy

Can the gurus shed more light to this? thnx

you do not need a CSCS account for IPO (You will be sent paper certificates grin)

Skye looks better to me
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2008
hispy99:

you do not need a CSCS account for IPO (You will be sent paper certificates  grin)

Skye looks better to me

CSCS was asked on the form and I was thinking it is better to have them all settled out since the beginning and not that I send the stuff to the CSCS account later or what do you tlhink?

Temmie10:

skye looks much better than FIB but if you are looking at 12 months or more, then you could as well go with FIB,
be careful with oversubscription tho
u cn stil get fib even 2 weeks after the closure, check with a reliable broker

I am still searching for one and May God almighty bring one my way. Would you recommend a reliable broker? wink undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2008
bjluv:

CSCS was asked on the form and I was thinking it is better to have them all settled out since the beginning and not that I send the stuff to the CSCS account later or what do you tlhink?

You are better off using a CSCS account (that is if Skye/First Inalnd will actually credit your account and not still issue you a cerficicate even though you use a CSCS account)

I am still searching for one and May God almighty bring one my way. Would you recommend a reliable broker? wink undecided

I use Afrinvest: min is N500k i think, service is ok, online presence is average at best , but i am happy with them overall
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2008
abi market never close smiley, everywhere is quiet, no info.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kc08: 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2008
I have about 500k from my dangote flour returns. what can I get into into for a medium to long term buy. I need help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kc08: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2008
ANYONE THERE, need a life line grin undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.