Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819107 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 11:33pm On Jan 29, 2008
@windywendy
please abeg  biko, can you buzz me on yahoo messenger my id awezie at yahoo dot com.
need to clarify some mixup briefly
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2008
ebony9ja:

DVCF oil and gas is partly owned by Deap Capital and management plc,  So you can safely infer that substantial part of their profit goes to Deap Capital.percentage ownership: 29%. They finance oil and Gas projects . like given money to contractors to execute projects and share the profits afterwards,  They are in to other business too. That all i can remember about them.

hope this helps.

I checked their website at http://www.dvcfonline.com/about.html but there is no contact address ie physical address. Could tell me where they are inNigeria? Also Could you confirm their reg number as none was displayed. Have you invested in the company ? Let us know.

I hope is not like other wonderbanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2008
Surprises:

@Frankiriri, may you be comforted.  Death remains an enemy but its final defeat has been made possible by the ransom provided by Jesus Christ.

WindyWendy,  Pumping etal, can you blow some wind or pump some information on the following stocks. Since I join this thread nobody has mentioned it, even its brother NCR has enjoyed the mention by Gurus.  That is TippleGee.  Why una no like this penny stock? Take a look at the price early 2007, you will be surprised.  And these ones too:

Neimeth
Ekocorp
R T Briscoe
Dunlop
7 Up (abi 7 no de up again?)

TrippleGee is planning a PO and will be releasing results soon -- I got this info from someone who works there. Chances are stock price will be moved up prior to this happening. I have no idea what timing the company is looking at though but they say it's this year.

Neimeth, not too much info here. But if today's results are anything to go by, it looks like it's a good company.

I don't know too much about the others.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:38pm On Jan 29, 2008
oawele:

@windywendy
please abeg biko, can you buzz me on yahoo messenger my id awezie at yahoo dot com.
need to clarify some mixup briefly
thanks

I use hotmail, so don't have yahoo messenger. Infact my workplace firewall blocks msn messenger (i think . . .). what's the mix up? perhaps the forum can benefit?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2008
windywendy:

I use hotmail, so don't have yahoo messenger. Infact my workplace firewall blocks msn messenger (i think . . .). what's the mix up? perhaps the forum can benefit?

if you dont mind can you send a mail to my box so that i can send u a mail.
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Sweetaura1(f): 11:50pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Frankiriri,

Accept my warm condolence. May the good Lord grant your family the fortitude to bear this irreparable lost, amen.

Remain blessed, God's your strength.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SuperGuy: 11:51pm On Jan 29, 2008
windywendy:

Ok no problem. So assuming they're able to grow Q3 PAT by about 30% for year-end (and I'm thinking this is quite a conservative estimate), forward P/E is about 33 abi? Still prefer STACO but this isn't looking too bad considering the other valuations in the sector, plus these Lasaco guys have greater growth potential as they can benefit from both the local content policy and the mandatory health insurance thingy for government workers. My only problem with them is corporate governance. I recently read in the papers that they gave some hundreds of thousands of shares to a coach as a gift  shocked shocked. Who does that? shocked Did the shareholders approve? Anyway, I'll be keeping my eye on them, they're not looking too bad.

Any shares issued are usually paid for, this particular gift was given by the state gov and I guessed fully paid for-nothing to worry about really.
Lasaco is likely to release a bumper result for many reasons; got their withheld fund-#4.2b in Nov, Q3 result very good-the highest in the industry,the mgt
seems dynamic-going into other business ventures.The coy seems like a company to closely watch and deal appropriately. With all these I will strongly recommend
a buy at the current price;very good prospect of growth-year end is dec
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SuperGuy: 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2008
windywendy:

TrippleGee is planning a PO and will be releasing results soon -- I got this info from someone who works there. Chances are stock price will be moved up prior to this happening. I have no idea what timing the company is looking at though but they say it's this year.

Neimeth, not too much info here. But if today's results are anything to go by, it looks like it's a good company.

Dunlop is also a coy to watch in that group having just concluded their turn around/re-engineering,
we should be expecting surprises from Dunlop,moreso the present price is too low for a veteran coy
like Dunlop.The mgt are quite aware of this and I understand they are working tirelessly to change the
fortune of the coy. Good buy for medium/long.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 12:00am On Jan 30, 2008
SuperGuy:

Any shares issued are usually paid for, this particular gift was given by the state gov and I guessed fully paid for-nothing to worry about really.
Lasaco is likely to release a bumper result for many reasons; got their withheld fund-#4.2b in Nov, Q3 result very good-the highest in the industry,the mgt
seems dynamic-going into other business ventures.The coy seems like a company to closely watch and deal appropriately. With all these I will strongly recommend
a buy at the current price;very good prospect of growth-year end is dec

you mean the state gov bought the shares off the floor and gave it as a gift? I'm not sure I fully understand
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 12:01am On Jan 30, 2008
oawele:

if you don't mind can you send a mail to my box so that i can send u a mail.
thanks

sent
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Surprises: 12:02am On Jan 30, 2008
SuperGuy:

Dunlop is also a coy to watch in that group having just concluded their turn around/re-engineering,
we should be expecting surprises from Dunlop,moreso the present price is too low for a veteran coy
like Dunlop.The mgt are quite aware of this and I understand they are working tirelessly to change the
fortune of the coy. Good buy for medium/long.

Thanks SuperGuy.  Thanks really for confirming my thinkings.  I was only testing my sanity grin  I wan waka follow some penny stocks, as UBA them do turn to dem madam Windy Wendy stock grin  With N1m for UBA the resultant units will be looking like a child's play.  e cheap, but I no near there cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 12:04am On Jan 30, 2008
windywendy:

I think I'll retract that my statement on Neimeth. Just did a quick check on the valuation and am not too impressed. Growth is not impressive (and I'm talking quarter on quarter growth) and forward P/E is like 75 based on a projected PAT of 127m.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 12:11am On Jan 30, 2008
@Frankirir

Sad thing,your loss.My sincere condolences.

And,we dearly miss your incisive contributions on this thread.

For peeps/newbees who might not know,@Frankiriri IS the undisputed,pioneer guru on this thread(go and read pages 1 to 40).
His forthright,explanatory style truely set the tone for the brotherliness of our thread,which then caught-on like wild fire. . . .

Take courage

Salute.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 12:13am On Jan 30, 2008
I know say Livestock na dead stock but my question again is what is moving the stock northward? please anybody with any info should discuss .
Pumping how far? which one you dey wait for now when you don sell all your stock?
whats up with tropicpet? make that thing no do another afroil ?
windywendy acknowlege me na. i go vex for you oo. since you promise me from stockmarket nigeria say u go write me , i never see your breaklight . you know you are the "male" of this forum
Grabdaloot ,pls check your yahoo and write back
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 12:15am On Jan 30, 2008
bivins1:

I know say Livestock na dead stock but my question again is what is moving the stock northward? please anybody with any info should discuss .
Pumping how far? which one you dey wait for now when you don sell all your stock?
whats up with tropicpet? make that thing no do another afroil ?
windywendy acknowlege me na. i go vex for you oo. since you promise me from stockmarket nigeria say u go write me , i never see your breaklight . you know you are the "male" of this forum
Grabdaloot ,please check your yahoo and write back

Shuo, which time I promise you? cheesy grin I don forget be that o. It's been quite a while I logged into SMN, it's up today, down tomorrow. The thing dey tire me sometimes. Abeg no vex o. What's your issue?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 12:20am On Jan 30, 2008
windywendy:

Ok o, let's wait for Easimoni to confirm  his figures by the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses . . .  smiley

Here is the official Lasaco outstanding shares story: Once upon a time, time time, Lasaco had 1.411B shares. They came to the market (Oct 2006) and offered us 6.854B shares strictly out of the kindness of their hearts. yeah right! But, only 5.992B shares were alloted representing 87% allotment Lasaco kept quiet for 15 months, letting the likes of Lead Capital the rumbling, bumbling brokers assume they only had 1.411B shares outstanding; Lead, in turn, advertises a PE btwn 5 and 7 and screams BUY BUY BUY!  tongue But alas, the truth is out and Lasaco has come clean much to the chagrin of certain analysts (who need to be flogged for not being able to calcuate PE)

Where the story get k-leg be say na 5.992 B shares (87% allotment) them suppose list. How them take list the full 100%, I no sabi. Anyway, update your sheets to 8.265B shares ( 1.411 + 6.584) until we see the audited report or prospectus (u know it's coming)

Forgive me for the story, been a slow day at work.  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 12:22am On Jan 30, 2008
easimoni:

Here is the official Lasaco outstanding shares story: Once upon a time, time time, Lasaco had 1.411B shares. They came to the market (Oct 2006) and offered us 6.854B shares strictly out of the kindness of their hearts. But, only 5.992B shares were alloted representing 87% allotment Lasaco kept quiet for 15 months, letting the likes of Lead Capital the rumbling, bumbling brokers assume they only had 1.411B shares outstanding; Lead, in turn, advertises a PE btwn 5 and 7 and screams BUY BUY BUY! tongue But alas, the truth is out and Lasaco has come clean much to the chagrin of certain analysts (who need to be flogged for not being able to calcuate PE)

Where the story get k-leg be say na 5.992 B shares (87% allotment) them suppose list. How them take list the full 100%, I no sabi. Anyway, update your sheets to 8.265B shares unitl we see the audited report or prospectus (u know it's coming)

Forgive me for the story, been a slow day at work. tongue tongue tongue

Ok there we have it. It's official. Easimoni has spoken grin grin

Thank you jare, you too too much smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 12:43am On Jan 30, 2008
This insurance companies with their bloated shares and meagre profits --- they are crazily over valued.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SuperGuy: 1:16am On Jan 30, 2008
easimoni:

Here is the official Lasaco outstanding shares story: Once upon a time, time time, Lasaco had 1.411B shares. They came to the market (Oct 2006) and offered us 6.854B shares strictly out of the kindness of their hearts. yeah right! But, only 5.992B shares were alloted representing 87% allotment Lasaco kept quiet for 15 months, letting the likes of Lead Capital the rumbling, bumbling brokers assume they only had 1.411B shares outstanding; Lead, in turn, advertises a PE btwn 5 and 7 and screams BUY BUY BUY!  tongue But alas, the truth is out and Lasaco has come clean much to the chagrin of certain analysts (who need to be flogged for not being able to calcuate PE)

Where the story get k-leg be say na 5.992 B shares (87% allotment) them suppose list. How them take list the full 100%, I no sabi. Anyway, update your sheets to 8.265B shares ( 1.411 + 6.584) until we see the audited report or prospectus (u know it's coming)

Lasaco is definately not doing any PO for now, at least not to my knowledge. The Q3 result was also fantastic--the highest in insurance sector, we should expect good result year end 2007 in the region of about #1.5b. Lasaco appears ok OR what do you think
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SuperGuy: 1:22am On Jan 30, 2008
easimoni:

There is no PO for Lasaco and the result for year end dec 2007 is going to be great (#1.5b) if the Q3 result is used as a guide.
Lasaco appears to set record with the highest Q3 profit in the sector.

Lasaco is definately not doing any PO for now, at least not to my knowledge. The Q3 result was also fantastic--the highest in insurance sector, we should expect good result year end 2007 in the region of about #1.5b. Lasaco appears ok OR what do you think
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 1:48am On Jan 30, 2008
@frankiriri
may the good lord streghten you up in this time, of your weakness.
take heart brother.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 2:00am On Jan 30, 2008
@ Frankiriri

Do accept my sincere condolence on the loss of your kid brother.
May his soul rest in peace. I pray that the good Lord Will give you and your folks the courage to pull through.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yomore(m): 2:02am On Jan 30, 2008
@Princesege
DVCF Oil and Gas Fund is a sort of Unit Trust. They claimed to have offices in cities like Lagos, Portharcourt, Warri, Nnewi and a city somewhere in the US. Me be don visit the office wey they get for Portharcourt sometime last year, but because I no see anything spectacular there I no pay return visit. They do support a lot of local contractors with fund to fund their contracts and get a share out of the profit. The contractors are also encouraged to participate in the fund hence I presume the fund is growing fast.They promised a return of about 26% for the last yearend.The website advertise an offer price of 1.31naira with a bid price of 1.24naira.Last year, when I visited their office, it was 1naira for one unit so it has moved up.This may necessitate another visit to get more info. which I shall share with fellow nairalanders.
Thank God for the opportunity to contribute.To all, Keep up with the good work.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 2:12am On Jan 30, 2008
@Easi, Windy

Proshare gives the shares outstanding for Lasaco as 14.1 billion.
What does this make the historical and prospective P/E ratios?

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 2:13am On Jan 30, 2008
@Easi, Windy

Proshare gives the shares outstanding for Lasaco as 14.1 billion.
What does this make the historical and prospective P/E ratios?

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 2:28am On Jan 30, 2008
@ALL of us one way or another,are GUN TOTTERS.

Big guns,small guns,it don't matter.

Remember our 2 major categories? In truth,most gurus to a relative degree,adopt either category's strategy when it suits them.

CATEGORY 1:   FUNDAMENTALISTS or "TALIBANS"(of the Afghanistan resistance,Terrorist war fame)

- These guys are stoic,resolute in their fundamental beliefs and act/plan
                                   accordingly with patient tactfulness.
                                - Because they fire only after careful mastery of their precise tool,and often from a far,foresighted,
                                  unsuspecting range,I propose yet another name for this category:

[size=13pt]Long-range SNIPERS[/size]

CATEGORY 2:   TECHNICALISTS or "SUICIDE BOMBERS"(a la Kamakazi Japanese fighter-jets fame) or of late CICO or RORO

- These guys act on technical correctness e.g. ". .its a good BUY because they've[b] always[/b] given past bonus".
                                - Because these guys show a reckless bravery with gut impulse when they strike their victims,often with practiced
                                   accurracy like gun-fighters in the wild,wild west,shooting from the hips. . . . I give you:

[size=13pt] Hip-shooting FAST DRAW GUNFIGHTERS[/size]

cool                                          cool

@Frankiriri

I never met your younger bro. Never met those who cruelly gunned him down.

I met you though,once,at Zenith Heights. . . .After signing-up to your Investment club.

From our lively discussion,you once more showed you are more of a Taliban.A SNIPER in this Stocks business.

Taliban or Bomber,Sniper or Gunfighter. . . . .

Lets[b] ALL[/b] keep shooting till we hit only those true values and purposes in life.Amen.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naijaking1: 3:09am On Jan 30, 2008
@Frankiriri

Oga Frank, it was very sad to hear your loss. I pray the good Lord to give you and family Peace Profound.

@All
Who know the influence of the Chinese buy into or investment into UBA on their stock?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 4:16am On Jan 30, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:28am On Jan 30, 2008
http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/773238/?hcode=relatednews

But the Chinese bank did have some sort of financing deal with UBA
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 4:36am On Jan 30, 2008
well one just wont know who is telling the truth now since the Chinese folks themselves do know how to get their tongues twisted cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 4:36am On Jan 30, 2008
@easi
how far? you been promise to call me but u no call me again? how far? we fit yarn now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by question(m): 4:44am On Jan 30, 2008
frankiriri:

Hi all.
I know I have been MIA.  Na work pressure and an unfortunate accident way happen towatds the end of last year. My younger brother was gunned down. sad These issues  has turned me to one of the silent readers.
Frank, sorry for the loss of your loved one.

It is well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.