Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,505 members, 7,854,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819142 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 4:53am On Jan 30, 2008
Hi all, searching for a stockbroker with requirements of 50k-200k and possibility to monitor portfolio online cuz im not in naija. Probably using Dbank, although not important. Any suggestions? No cashcraft pls tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 5:59am On Jan 30, 2008
@Frankiriri,

No matter the the situation; no matter the condition, we should continue to trust HIM.

The greatest comforter will definitely see you and your family through the dark period.

I believe all is well. God bless you and your family.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 6:13am On Jan 30, 2008
@ Wanaj0,

There was a document you posted some months back on company dividend and bonus announcements.

Please could you kindly send the document(all) to me through this e-mail address: jontony20@yahoo.com.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 6:25am On Jan 30, 2008
@ Father of Two,

As per Eterna, I got mine at #17.23k and I sold everything last week Friday at # 20.01k.

I wanted to hold but the way the price was fluctuating was a bit disturbing.

So I decided to quickly apply CICO.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gbangban(m): 6:30am On Jan 30, 2008
@Frankiriri,

Be consoled and may God grant you and yours strength at this time of your grieving.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bjluv: 6:50am On Jan 30, 2008
@tony and all, what is RORO/CICO/GIGO

cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by question(m): 7:15am On Jan 30, 2008
bjluv:

@tony and all, what is RORO/CICO/GIGO

cheesy
RORO - roll on roll off
CICO - cycle in cycle out
GIGO - get in get out

Hope I am correct.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 7:21am On Jan 30, 2008
@ All

Thanks for you contricution at this forum as it has been very helpfull.
Could someone provide me with information on Brokers in Nigeria providing online informnation on account balance at the end of the day.
My current broker does not provide this and it is scary, as i have to work out what my portfolio is worth on daily basis.

Thnxs
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:27am On Jan 30, 2008
@question, you are very correct, but GIGO could also mean garbage in garbage out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by walcolm(m): 7:27am On Jan 30, 2008
@frankiri,

heart felt condolences!!! may God grant you and your family the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 8:04am On Jan 30, 2008
question:

RORO - roll on roll off
CICO - cycle in cycle out
GIGO - get in get out

Hope I am correct.

ALL CORRECT
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 8:06am On Jan 30, 2008
why exactly are people buyin into ikeja hotels?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 8:27am On Jan 30, 2008
Hi Frank.

I deeply sympathise with you for your loss and at the same time commend you for your courage in letting forum members know about this personal tragedy. For a country that is not at war, we lose more human lives to gunshots annually than any other I can think off. Sometimes I feel the cost and risk of living in this country is way too much. When you get on the road oftentimes you get the feeling you are putting your life in your hand. Sometimes you dont even need to leave home. A lot of people who were living the good life here have given it up for a more austere existence outside the country in order to preserve life. But Nigeria is where home truly is irrespective of the cold embrace of insecurity and all the Okada smoke that confront you each time you set foot in. Once again accept my sympathy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2008
@Frankirir,

Please accept my condolences. The Lord is your strength.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2008
I need a favour from members of this forum.

Has anyone taken any facility from Intercontinental bank to buy shares?

I am interested in knowing how your experience has been,

Secondly, does anyone know about any facility(aside from UBA share plus) where I do not have to pay interest monthly?

I will be very grateful if I can can get some responses to this.

WindyWendy

I would love for you to get in touch with me. My email address is debenzd@yahoo.com

Many thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2008
windywendy:

@Fatherof2, you know say you be my brother any day abi? And I respect your opinion very well on this forum as well as the other many varied opinions. But e get one thing when you dey do wey de vex me well well.

Your strategy is sound no doubt, and you're obviously successful at it. I, like you, trade very heavily too. But sometimes your comments seem condescending to people who choose to do long term investing. Not too sure what's going on between you and Wanaj0, but it's not too cool for you to come out and call a stock useless, especially after someone has recommended it. Haba, Fatherof2, this detracts from your very well respected views na, it's beneath you.

Anyway, me I don talk my own finish  smiley. Please keep your comments impersonal, it'll help to foster open-mindedness on the forum, which is what we really want.  Abi?

No offense. We all have different temperaments and our experiences difer, so unity in diversity is allowed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:14am On Jan 30, 2008
frankiriri:

Hi all.
I know I have been MIA.  Na work pressure and an unfortunate accident way happen towatds the end of last year. My younger brother was gunned down. sad These issues  has turned me to one of the silent readers.

My condolence and sympathy. God will comfort you and give you the fortitude to bear the loss. Affliction shall not arise a second time.

IT IS WELL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 30, 2008
@ Frankiriri

Accept my condolence. God will comfort U & ur family. I pray that after now, only good news will proceed out of your family.

All,

Lets keep up the good work. Can someone tell us whats good for February?

@ all the guys (not forgeting the wonderful ladies) in diaspora

I hail ooooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Safive: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2008
@ debenzd.

I saw your post requesting any bank that can give share loan without monthly interest.

First Inland is One and I have used them. The only problem is that you have to use their brokers. They a slow sometimes in execution of orders. For medium term trading there is no problem.

Their terms are as follows, They give you 70% of total sum you require while you provide 30%. You must maintain a current account with them unlike UBA where you do not need to have an operational an account. They charge 1.5% upfront for management fee and 18% interest which is paid along with the principal (ie their 70%) at the expiration of one year.

I hope this is of help to you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2008
NSE Phasing out trading floors by 2013

http://allafrica.com/stories/200801230094.html

Speaking during the review of the performance of the NSE in the year 2007, the Director-General of the NSE, Professor (Mrs.) Ndi-Okereke Onyiuke disclosed that the planned phasing out of trading floors is in line with the advancement in technology which makes it possible for transactions to be carried out remotely from the trading engine.

She said, "Recent advancement in information technology infrastructures has made it possible for trading to be done remotely. Despite the opening of new branches of the trading floors in different parts of the country, we intend to leave the trading floors for another five years and observe developments in the market."

She disclosed that it will seek the opinions of stockbrokers and other market operators concerning the issue, and if the operators indicate that they can do without the floor, it will be phased out.

According to her "Nigeria is not yet ripe for a floorless stock exchange, going by the low level of trust among Nigerians.

"Corruption has seriously eroded confidence and trust among business people in Nigeria. It is very difficult for a Nigerian to fully put his trust on another Nigerian. This has impacted negatively on business in the country. People would only want to do business with the people they can see and those they know. This is the major factor that would make us to retain the floors until a reasonable time in the future," she explained.

Onyiuke stated that the NSE plans to change the Information Technology (IT) it is currently using due to the vendor's refusal to upgrade the system. She explained that the upgrade became necessary following the increase in transaction volume.

The NSE has recorded significant improvement in the market indices over the past year, especially in the area of turnover volume and value. It recently celebrated the crossing of the N1 trillion transaction value.

Onyiuke hinted that the NSE may migrate to the same system with the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. She disclosed that migrating to the same system with the LSE and the JSE would help in boosting the profile of the Nigerian's capital market, making it attractive to foreign investors.

"Following the refusal of the vendor of our current trading engine to upgrade the system to accommodate our functions and demands, we have no other option but to get an upgraded software from another vendor. We are considering buying the same network used by the LSE and JSE.

"This will afford us the opportunity to enjoy the same privilege JSE enjoyed when it joined the network. Whenever investors from around the world visit the site of the LSE, they would stumble on JSE because it is mentioned in the same site with the LSE. This has helped JSE to get the attention it is presently enjoying, making it the most attractive stock market in the African continent," she explained.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kc08: 9:59am On Jan 30, 2008
guys, new kid in the block,
Need your help. Just received about 500k refunds from Dangote fl over subscription.  need your help on what company(ies) to put this for some 25-50% or above interest in a short term investment,  any tips,  thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 10:04am On Jan 30, 2008
@Frank
My heart goes out for the loss of your brother, please find a way to forgive those that might have done this to him, God gives and takes, Take heart, fight it off and come back to the forum

@Wanajo
I have this Livestock feeds shares  i got sometime in July last year @4.30, the week i bought, it lost 30% of its value and later lost close to 60%, i just decided to leave for long term, but for the past 2 weeks it being gaining,it only lost 2wice in this 2weeks its presently at 5.97
what i will like to know is if there is anything driving it up, should i still hang on, my TP is actually 6.00
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 10:10am On Jan 30, 2008
Any one heard about the UNION BANK NIGERIA (UBN) PROPERTY COMPANY LIMITED? It is N1.00 ordinary share @ N1.50 each. Was purportedly done in Sept 2005 but apparently still open!!! If you have any info please share.
stanchuks:

@Frank
My heart goes out for the loss of your brother, please find a way to forgive those that might have done this to him, God gives and takes, Take heart, fight it off and come back to the forum

@Wanajo
I have this Livestock feeds shares i got sometime in July last year @4.30, the week i bought, it lost 30% of its value and later lost close to 60%, i just decided to leave for long term, but for the past 2 weeks it being gaining,it only lost 2wice in this 2weeks its presently at 5.97
what i will like to know is if there is anything driving it up, should i still hang on, my TP is actually 6.00

Stick to your initial plan.

Livestock is one of the wonder stocks on NSE. Nigerian Wire Cable is another one. Factory under lock and key but with rumours of turn around etc for the past two years also. Not that much info is available.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbonla(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2008
@ Frankiriri,

We share in your grief, it is well.

wanaj0:

Livestock is one of the wonder stocks on NSE. Nigerian Wire Cable is another one. Factory under lock and key but with rumours of turn around etc for the past two years also. Not that much info is available.

Thought the lock was removed sometime last year with the take over by some investors? Not sure the machines have been cranked yet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stranger12: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

FO2 i salute you, i recognise your authority and analytical mind. Am still waiting to hear from you before i make further comment. Maybe with this 40m loan our people will learn how to make use of OPM. That is the norm in the western world. Average Nigerian is afraid of bank loan why

My friend is still getting the money. The bank will give a 6 months loan renewable loan to another 6 months. This is the best in the sense that if you achieve your target within the first 6 months you pay them back if not, you extend the loan to another 6 months. It is a customised loan.

FO2 , FRANKIRIRI and Other, your comment and opinion will be hugely appreciated. I have heard the opinion of other contributors. You are all great people!

I promise to publish in this forum whatever that happens after 6 months or 1 year.Whatever my friend makes will be published. I want our Nigerian people to stop being afraid of taking calculated risk. Average westerner i have met in my line of business in the past are not afraid of taking risk and we are supposed to be better because we are children of God. "The only thing you have to fear is fear itself".

In the the future (if it pleases GOD) we will be happy we took the risk.

. . . here is the root of a credit crunch. Leading us all like sheep to artificially inflated share prices and a crash in the economy of Nigeria.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2008
@ Frankiriri
it is well with you and your family, may God give you the grace to bear the loos
God konws better, he giveth and taketh
God will help you fill the space.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:25am On Jan 30, 2008
Safive:

@ debenzd.

I saw your post requesting any bank that can give share loan without monthly interest.

First Inland is One and I have used them. The only problem is that you have to use their brokers. They a slow sometimes in execution of orders. For medium term trading there is no problem.

Their terms are as follows, They give you 70% of total sum you require while you provide 30%. You must maintain a current account with them unlike UBA where you do not need to have an operational an account. They charge 1.5% upfront for management fee and 18% interest which is paid along with the principal (ie their 70%) at the expiration of one year.

I hope this is of help to you.

Many Thanks @Safive. I will find out more about this. Really grateful. Still awaiting more responses.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2008
@ frankiri,

May the Almighty Jehovah provide you and your family with a balm in Gilead to heal this wound.

It will be well with you. God cares.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 11:40am On Jan 30, 2008
@ Temmie10 ( @frankiriri my condolenses)

Somebody has to die for you to come out, Na wa for you ooooo, i dey fear your levels , stand this truth.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 11:40am On Jan 30, 2008
@ Wanaj0,

Did you read the post I directed to you?. Please am waiting for the document/information.

Thanks.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 11:44am On Jan 30, 2008
@ All,

Just received my Dangote flour money. When them go list the chicken share wey dem give us sef come give us our certificates.

Also heard from the grapevine that First bank don dey despatch the offer certificates. That means that the price go , before people go start to dey sell them offer certificates.

Access bank, where my certificate oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2008
wanaj0:

Any one heard about the UNION BANK NIGERIA (UBN) PROPERTY COMPANY LIMITED? It is N1.00 ordinary share @ N1.50 each. Was purportedly done in Sept 2005 but apparently still open!!! If you have any info please share.

wanajo, i have about N2 mill tied down in that PP since 2006, verify their listing date well well! b4 jumping in. we havnt got certs or dividends since that time. i plan visiting their ofc this week though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.