Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,243 members, 7,860,555 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (819935 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:54pm On Feb 01, 2008
easi,

na fear of TS make me take my eye commot for redstar u know. i like it a lot and on my watchlist. dont know much about transnationwide but i love ur strategy of buying both, win-win situation ehn easi!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 9:56pm On Feb 01, 2008
pumice:

Sorry, I know I'm the new guy here but I just wanted to add a distraction.

Guess who is in the picture.

That's el presidente! Yar' Adua

Mr. Risky:

If you want me to change my mind, all wema boys on this thread, please sell/borrow me your wema for 50k per unit. Once the technical suspension is lifted, I will give you back grin

If by k, you mean thousand, DEAL! If you mean kobo, %#@!  tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ aktopgun, hope tobe boy is gettibg better. GOD is always ur strength my man
@ easimoni, thanks will appreciate that mail.
just looked at figures for trans express, fprward pe of 14. not bad at all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2008
easi,
just looked at red stars figures, forward pe of 17 at current price, thats a bit costly innit?? why do you like it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Pumice

Nice post early on, please keep it coming.

As per the picture, e be like say na Presido, e resemble the papa no be small.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ shigidi
No be everthing for NSE be forward PE oh. I had a chance to buy C&I at late 20's forward PE but chickened out thinking it was too high. You have to blend technicals with fundamentals. The mix give you the winning formula. Look at support and resistance levels, very good for CICO. Just my 2 cents.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2008
everyone now grabbing da loot. Abeg make una dey use that name with respect na  person name be that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2008
Grab da loot, person name? Ha this will be listed in the guinness book of records.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2008
Big Treat now has a market capitalization of N34B. This is higher than 7UP at N24B. Now, which one will I take if I am asked to become the owner of one of the companies? Of course I will go for 7UP that made a PAT of N1.2B in 2006. Let me see what Big Treat will come up with. I don't think it will be anything near that.

NSL has market capitalization of N66B. This is the same with UACN  . I wonder if it's even bigger than Mr. Biggs which is a subsidiary of UACN. See also that Big Treat has market capitalization that is more than half that of UACN grin grin

NSE and the manipulation of stock prices. grin grin grin Na real wa.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2008
Saw it somewhere earlier this evening, that FBN is on bid.

Another flight waiting to také off,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2008
invisible!:

Saw it somewhere earlier this evening, that FBN is on bid.

Another flight waiting to také off,

I think say na demo he go be. Elephant no go fit fly. Over 66M units was sold today which is more than the net bid left at the end of today.

I think it was a one off event probably by an institutional investor or the like. If not sha, other stocks in that range may follow suit.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2008
@pumping, you mean other stocks like UBA and Inter?

UBA is overipe for picking, I only wonder why it is still glued to the floor.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2008
eniyanman:

@pumping777,
howdy? please check your mail.

Collect from megaupload below.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZOHG33XQ
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2008
invisible!:

@pumping, you mean other stocks like UBA and Inter?

UBA is overipe for picking, I only wonder why it is still glued to the floor.

Yes, that is what I mean but I am not hopeful that any of them including FBN will move NOW. Let's see how Zenith does when it comes out of TS. I suspect it will not make it past around N50 either.

These stocks are glued to the floor because they are too heavy. Too much momentum required to keep them moving grin grin grin and there isn't enough news to support such.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2008
wetin una dey megaupload? No be virus sha because me self don dey download o! Mo gbo, mo ya!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2008
easimoni:

wetin una dey megaupload? No be virus sha because me self don dey download o! Mo gbo, mo ya!

Ha. I for clarify. It won't be useful to you. Just outstanding shares for companies.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2008
Mr. Risky:

As nobody don get the answer of who de this photo, I want to try.  But since I have been reading this thread, I am really stunned that it was in this 419 page that photo appeared.

I have taken a keen look at the photo, and the person them carry for hand, look very much like former Wema bank GM when en de small .  una see say in parents no even de look en direction   I know many will believe what I am saying.  If you want me to change my mind, all wema boys on this thread, please sell/borrow me your wema for 50k per unit.  Once the technical suspension is lifted, I will give you back

For all the attempts made at that photo.This is one of the strongest. My intestine be wan burst.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
I believe you oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2008
eniyanman:

Pumping, you are the 'men'! thanks.

To be clear, my list of outstanding shares already includes any known ordinary or preferential shares to be listed in future from PO's, Rights or even debt conversion including possible 25% oversubscription from POs.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2008
As someone don post photo quiz. make I post my own brain teaser jo.

One company dey for NSE with capitalization less than N1B.

I come hear say the capitalization go move reach around N4B by year end. About N1B will come from rights issue and the balance should come from capital appreciation.

So if I do the numbers, that could mean 100% appreciation.

I beg una, which stock fit be this? smiley smiley smiley

If you get am, come believe, make u grab a copy at a shop near you. No CICO for this one o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2008
easi,
red stars forward pe is 17, thats a it high innit?? why do u like it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2008
shigidi:

@ aktopgun, hope tobe boy is gettibg better. GOD is always your strength my man
@ easimoni, thanks will appreciate that mail.
just looked at figures for trans express, fprward pe of 14. not bad at all.

both guru and guguru are becoming very cautious now.  They announce only when they had consummated their transactions.  It is still ok, important thing is that please announce to the house after you have bought.  Herd mentality can even push your price so that within a week or so, you have pushed the used stocks to unwary buyers who will have to wait to the last sheet of their calender before recording 4% gain before commission grin To all unwary newbies here, entry price for your buys is very, very important. If you enter well, you go come out well, but if you enter high, you need a strong tide to push you close to your destination. This is my weekend counsel. GOOD NIGHT, and may the BULL wake up early MONDAY MORNING. AMEN
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2008
eniyanman:

@pumping,
it seems the file doesnt include the number of outstanding shares. am i missing something?

My bad. Na so I dey do for Friday nights.

I have included a tab with the outstanding shares now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMKGYEKA
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2008
pumping777:

As someone don post photo quiz. make I post my own brain teaser jo.

One company dey for NSE with capitalization less than N1B.

I come hear say the capitalization go move reach around N4B by year end. About N1B will come from rights issue and the balance should come from capital appreciation.

So if I do the numbers, that could mean 100% appreciation.

I beg una, which stock fit be this? smiley smiley smiley

If you get am, come believe, make u grab a copy at a shop near you. No CICO for this one o.

TRANSNATIONWIDE EXPRESS grin cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2008
SavvyLanre:

@ Krussh
I no work for ZSL o,  i just dey use their services.

Yeah,now I recall.

Its just that now that they seem to have gotten their software going,they have left us with no option to indicate an order expirey date.

The C.O.O. wasn't even aware of this fact not until I pointed it out to him!

@All

One Heavy tin weyn fall yesterday,resurrect quick quick today  grin.
Na d recoil wey dey occur when heavy measile won carry fast projectile speed forward,abi Engineer-ing  grin  grin.

Meanwhile,me a don load-up for d tripple-barrel blast of Firstbank,UBA and Zenith for a mid-term play.

Doing a little bit of "Oceanic re-loaded" as well;waiting on ZSL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2008
Mr. Risky:

smiley cheesy grin

Smile, Smiler, Smilest!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2008
shigidi:

easi,
red stars forward pe is 17, thats a it high innit?? why do u like it

It is a bit high but they must perform if they really want to do a PO. Same as Trans-Nationwide. Besides, 17 no bad for penny stock and this one na CICO o!
Mr. Risky:

Sittin' pretty  grin I think say na Daily Times be the answer
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:13pm On Feb 01, 2008
eniyanman:

my guy, na closing price you send o not outstanding shares. abeg no vex say I dey worry you.

No worries at all. Make u sef no vex jare. I noticed and corrected the link above.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 12:06am On Feb 02, 2008
@oxfordkid
ikeja hotel is one of the best buys rite now ,i see it @ N9 in a couple of weeks.apart from this bonus possiblities are high. read btw the line. i rest my case.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:15am On Feb 02, 2008
Abeg all the gurus in the house,I have been eyeing Union Homes.It is the only one in it's group(mortgage) and there is currently a boom in "build and sell" in Nigeria.They are also into Loans and Savings,with UBN backing them,is there share price at 7.80kobo a good buy?

Bearing in mind that there third quarter result has just been released with almost a billion naira profit.Last year they declared a bonus share.With all these good news why is the price still stuck at around 7.80kobo?

Is this a good buy now?

What is happening to International Energy Insurance?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:17am On Feb 02, 2008
There~their as in above
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by flakyy: 12:19am On Feb 02, 2008
Hi guys,

When should we look at exiting the UNIC jet. Should we keep our seat belts fastened. UNIC  although seems to be exhibiting the thesame trend about this time last year when you plot it with  NS Time Series Plotter or NS Technical Analyst on www.nigeriansecurities.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 12:25am On Feb 02, 2008
Hi guys

I just wanted to give you guys something to think about this weekend and please any observations are welcome.

Here is a trade I took this week. I bought Dangote sugar based on some technical analysis I did. Normally I would just have trendlines on from my charts which I download from cashcraft but I used the nigerian securities online software that was recommended in this thread. Although I still had to add the trendline and still have to calculate my fibonacci levels myself, I think the software is a godsent. I can see the big picture with volume, RSI and moving averages crossovers.

Anyway the main reason I bought the DSR this week was because of the confluence that happened last friday. This is very very rare situation when many, not all, of my favorite indicators or giving me a buy signal.
1. It touched the upward trendline and after retracing from it's high and it didn't break through.
2. It bounced of the 61.8% revel that I calculated which is about at =N=38.
3. The moving averages also support the direction, with the 150 ema being around the =N=38 zone.
4. The RSI is just coming out of the oversold position although on other markets I would wait for it cross 50.
5. and this happens in the NSE a lot, the was no recent bonus issue. this tends to make the 150 ema unreliable.
6. The icing on the cake; the flag structure which shows the slow rise to about 44 and the faster retracement back to the 38 level and the trendline (perfect).

I haven't seen so many signals telling me to buy since about september last year in another situation. To think, this happen in the NSE. The only thing I didn't like is that RSI not crossing the 50 mark and although the share seems to be stalling I rather being than out. To use the thread slangs I rather have a confirmed ticket than rushing at the last minute.

Note: I didn't buy just after november when it touch the trendline because it was coming out of consolidation which started in october and I wasn't sure where the trendline was. I didn't buy towards the end of december because I was saving money for MTN which I still missed in the end . But I guess everything worked out for the best. I didn't even talk about the candlesticks; we could go on for ever with that.

anyway that's my contribution for the week and like I said responses and criticisms are welcome. Have a good weekend and please keep up the good work.

Cheers.

I

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.