Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,072 members, 7,835,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816600 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2008
@ Pennywise

Pennywise:

@pumice
Good reasoning. But sentiment rules NSE. Fundamentally.

I'm no expert but I think sentiments rule in both bull or bear markets, not only in the NSE even. That's how fundamentally good stocks become undervalued allowing long-term fundamental traders to find bargains.

Pennywise:

Playing it safe led me into UBA which has turned into a mule. Most annoyingly its not even moving backward so I can have a reason to get it slaughtered and have it fed to the dogs doing all the work right now.

Perfect stock for all season? While it will do a lot to please the mind of persons like me, I have to say it remains in the realm of imagination.

I don't think you should give up your UBA. I don't know when you bought into the share and what your investment timeframe is, but to me it appears to be going through some consolidation which will soon be over. Again this depends how soon is soon for you, but consolidation is normal for stocks and is often and indication that a breakout is iminent. When this will happen I don't know. I think someone mentioned Q2 somewhere in this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2008
Just thought I'd add this.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RolandE(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2008
oceanic will be paying dividend of N1.02k per share.
i bought the recent public offer in april 2007.
will i qualify for the dividend? and when. thanks n God bless u.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
yeto:

my 1st experience of shares' buying- i bought dang sugar @ 47.00 i feel i shld sell it now but i was told to wait, what do you think? and also i bought intercontinental @ 6.00 shld i sell it now?

I think you are in luck because the way I see it, prices of shares on the NSE are headed in one direction in the foreseeable future provided there are no scandals, political instability or social turmoil enough to arouse the attention of CNN. In order words this is a good time to buy stocks. The question of which you should buy or sell has been conveniently determined for you by computer generated technical indices of stock perfomance/potential you will find on any good website among which is nigerian securities.

Thereafter, you can read papers, talk to your broker and share your opinions and observations on the perfomance of these stocks (on nairaland) while learning from other people's experiences. You know what they say about learning how to fish. Having said that, both are fundamentally sound stocks and sentiments are not against them.

edwardaigb:

i want to know of stock broking companies that can help me with loans to buy stocks (margins). I have some stocks with a particular broking firm but they don't do margin trading and there are times i see some opportunities and unable to take advantage.

You may find this list given earlier on useful.
www dot karakataonline dot com/stockbrokers.html
I am sure you will come accross a couple of familiar names with their contacts. Generally, the bigger a broker is the safer.

@Obalende
Is it better to buy from primary market or secondary market? The answer is obvious - in most cases primary market may be better but the recent cases of over subscription is putting me off.
If you have been reading this thread, you would have found that primary market is a no no to most people now for many reasons

@Pumice
I appreciate your advice. I will keep UBA under very close watch because opportunities are presenting every day.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2008
hello house,please wat do u knw abt dis maxifund invextments and securities ltd pp which opened in sept 07 ND closed in oct 07 at 1.20k
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2008
This na why i no like to watch Nigeria match, person tell me say Nigeria dey lead,na wen i come dey watch am dem score us.
Na so e dey be everytime.I don off am again make nigeria score back.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbonla(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

This na why i no like to watch Nigeria match, person tell me say Nigeria dey lead,na when i come dey watch am them score us.

Tink say na only me!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2008
FatherOF2:

This na why i no like to watch Nigeria match, person tell me say Nigeria dey lead,na when i come dey watch am them score us.

Even with 10 men!

Abeg make dem come home joo make people when deserve am move ahead.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2008
FatherOf2, so u don confess, why you come watch the match na!

If Nigeria loose, I will hold you responsible, na ya fault grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2008
GHANA 2 CRAWLING EAGLES 1
END OF THE STORY. cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2008
Ghana deserves to win this match, two clean goals, undisputable possession, better initiative , drive, hunger for success. Let the better team win sha.

!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dokun23: 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2008
ghana don chop superchicken ooooooooo sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 8:14pm On Feb 03, 2008
Hello all,
The team is still Super Eagles,  faltering is allowed so long as they don't come to the earth to eat grass with chicken.

@ Mr Risky
Short/Long term:
Nestle, FBN, GTB, Chellarams, Okomu NGC, RTBriscoe, BOC, Vitafoam, etc Reason fundamentally sound and constantly making profit plus dividend payments.
CICO/GIGO/ZiZO,
?? UBA
My suggestions oh,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2008
@
i hope this 2-1 result wont cause a bloodbath on the floor on monday. but on a serious note,i think nigerian fans hav been havin unrealistic expectations, i wasnt surprised. cant u see the way ds guys hav been playin, plus the team lacks tactical and technical depth courtesy a berti vogts who coaches from his sitting room in Germany.  this is the first time i will be seeing such coachin arrangement. Nigeria sha! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Uluo(f): 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2008
Greetings to the gurus in the house. Pls, am new on this thread and i need help. My account officer claims that Dangote Flour Monies are yet to be returned. Is this tue? If not, how can I go about getting my money back so that I invest in something else. I use Crossworld Securities.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2008
Uluo:

Greetings to the gurus in the house. Please, am new on this thread and i need help. My account officer claims that Dangote Flour Monies are yet to be returned. Is this tue? If not, how can I go about getting my money back so that I invest in something else. I use Crossworld Securities.

he or she isnt being truthful with u girl. got my cheque last week and other fellas here have gotten theirs to. try calling the registrars to find out if they've sent ur cheque, i think its oceanic registrars.

all the best
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03, 2008
@Uluo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings to the guur rus in the house. Please, am new on this thread and i need help. My account officer claims that Dangote Flour Monies are yet to be returned. Is this tue? If not, how can I go about getting my money back so that I invest in something else. I use Crossworld Securities.

s
I do not know what your broker is up to, i have just received my money and even spent it 3.2million[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Twy: 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoogun: 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2008
Tu face has been attack again shey dem wan kill that guy for him mama niiiiiii sorry buddy you will not die but live
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Jideams(m): 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2008
lawalidowu:

@debenzd
You have mouth o!
which kin sofnurce?

please if at any time u get any gist of insurance stocks going on TS
ABEG! LETS KNOW IN DA HOUSE O!

carry go mate!
am aslo looking foward to this info
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Uluo(f): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2008
Thanks aktopgun and Jide ams. You in Netherlands have collected your money but see me. Please does anyone have the phone number(s) and/ or address of oceanic registrars?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2008
Uluo:

Greetings to the gurus in the house. Please, am new on this thread and i need help. My account officer claims that Dangote Flour Monies are yet to be returned. Is this tue? If not, how can I go about getting my money back so that I invest in something else. I use Crossworld Securities.

I haven't received money back for Dangote Flour either. I sent an email to my broker on Friday to inquire. My assumption though is they are retuning them in batches so keep checking with your broker.

I also keep hearing First Bank has listed the shares for the last IPO. Has anyone actually had this credited in their CSCS accounts??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2008
NBA:

I haven't received money back for Dangote Flour either. I sent an email to my broker on Friday to inquire. My assumption though is they are retuning them in batches so keep checking with your broker,

I also keep hearing First Bank has listed the shares for the last IPO. Has anyone actually had this credited in their CSCS accounts??

My money-back has been sent to my broker, Zenithsecurities, and my account has been credited.

First bank told me the certificates were being dispatched in batches, those with millions of shares are being done first before us, the lower units. No, I didn't hear of any CSCS direct crediting. Maybe some are being done that way, who knows.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2008
Uluo:

Thanks aktopgun and Jide ams. You in Netherlands have collected your money but see me. Please does anyone have the phone number(s) and/ or address of oceanic registrars?

2713300-8

Goodluck. I tried them all through last week and never got anyone to answer my calls.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2008
Omoogun:

Tu face has been attack again shey them wan kill that guy for him mama niiiiiii sorry buddy you will not die but live

wrong section tongue tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Uluo(f): 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2008
Guys abeg. Problem no. 2. I gave my brokers my certificates to verify close to 10 months ago. They just returned them saying I need to bring a banker's confirmation of signature. No problem with that. But they returned the certificates short of one. It appears that that one certificate was never even sent to CSCS in the first place. Please what can I do about this? They are telling me that it cannot be lost and they are attending to my issue. If it took them approx. 10 months to return certificates to me, only God knows how long it will take them to find this missing cetificate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
4wheel:

My money-back has been sent to my broker, Zenithsecurities, and my account has been credited.

First bank told me the certificates were being dispatched in batches, those with millions of shares are being done first before us, the lower units. No, I didn't hear of any CSCS direct crediting. Maybe some are being done that way, who knows.

Thanks 4wheel, when did you get your refund?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2008
@TWY
thomas wyatts is doing a right offer,still on TS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbanbajo(m): 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2008
Anyone with useful information on NAHCO should please share with us.

Where do you see the price getting to in 3 weeks' time?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 9:28pm On Feb 03, 2008
Uluo:

Guys abeg. Problem no. 2. I gave my brokers my certificates to verify close to 10 months ago. They just returned them saying I need to bring a banker's confirmation of signature. No problem with that. But they returned the certificates short of one. It appears that that one certificate was never even sent to CSCS in the first place. Please what can I do about this? They are telling me that it cannot be lost and they are attending to my issue. If it took them approx. 10 months to return certificates to me, only God knows how long it will take them to find this missing cetificate.

it is not lost,then where is it? attending to your issues till when.
dont give them any breathing space,pressure is the only answer for now.make sure they didnt sell your shares behind you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2008
igbanbajo:

Anyone with useful information on NAHCO should please share with us.

Where do you see the price getting to in 3 weeks' time?

BIGBOYLARRY WHERE ARE YOU ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:41pm On Feb 03, 2008
Geees:

Hello all,
The team is still Super Eagles,  faltering is allowed so long as they don't come to the earth to eat grass with chicken.

@ Mr Risky
Short/Long term:
Nestle, FBN, GTB, Chellarams, Okomu NGC, RTBriscoe, BOC, Vitafoam, etc Reason fundamentally sound and constantly making profit plus dividend payments.
CICO/GIGO/ZiZO,
?? UBA
My suggestions oh,

I don't think UBA is a CICO stock. It is very strong fundamentally long term. I think the nominal price may be a disadvantage against CICO until some very serious rumour is in the air.

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.