Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818707 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 11:20am On Feb 04, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Yes, to add my own, Pumping777, thanks very much for your generous contributions to this thread. Everyone has benefitted from your insightful comments and down to earth analysis of stocks and capital market investment. You are acknowledged as the 2007 MOST GENEROUS GURU. If you continue in this pace you might end up winning the 2008 slot.

Wanajo passes as the MOST FATHERLY COUNSELLOR GURU of this thread. As for Queen Mrs. WindyWendy, she is easily the MOST AUTHORITATIVE INFORMATION SOURCE, yes the lady who is soooooooooooooooooo generous with useful CORPORATE NEWS BEHIND THE NEWS. You are all recognized.

Aktopgun is equally recognized as the BEST STOCK SURGEON there is on this thread, he has his own way of dissecting each stock he chooses to comment on. ROUGHCUT may not be as rouch as the name sounds, even though constantly on the air, he finds time to disembark and tell us something newer than what we may already have known. For that, ROUGHCUT will pass as the MOST MOBILE STOCK ANALYST OF ALL TIME.

Other awards to be given by my co-presenters. Thank you.

Mr Risky:
U 2much gare, Carry go grin grin grin

I like the awards, so I second the motion. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 11:22am On Feb 04, 2008
Father of 2 is the Rich Dad of this thread , for constantly showing us where the money is!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 11:27am On Feb 04, 2008
Pennywise:

Peeps on this forum should beware that megaupload is laced by very stubborn virus and spyware. It has bent my avast antivirus arm backward, deleted all my bookmarks and presented an unsolicited megaupload tool bar as at this morning. I have battled this nuisance unsuccessfully for weeks. I will appreciate advice from knowledgeable computer fellas in the house if there is any. Hard disc formatting? Last option.

Pennywise:
The easiest way to detect Malware/Viruses/Trojans: Free online scanners; http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

After the scan, you can then proceed as advised by Pumping etc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 11:49am On Feb 04, 2008
@ Guk

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Awoof no get bone. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 11:58am On Feb 04, 2008
Omoba3:

Pennywise:
The easiest way to detect Malware/Viruses/Trojans: Free online scanners; http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

After the scan, you can then proceed as advised by Pumping etc.

pumping,man jiro, Omoba. Thanks to you all. Omoba, have you noticed that some of these detectors also leave a bit of their nuisance behind?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2008
@ gonziiii

Nice one with dunlop.

From a technical standpoint alone, at this time I would go with dunlop rather than neimeth. It seems to be heading in the right direction for a buy but the only thing I am afraid of is the =N=5 resistance point. It may power through or stall around there, as I highlighted in the chart there seems to be some serious buying in going on. Either way I'd rather be in than out. With neimeth it just seems I would be arriving at the party late.

Like I said this just from my own technical opinion, I'll leave the fundamentals to the gurus. The floor is still open to other suggestions. By now it's obvious I like pictures so here's one more.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2008
happens everytime.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2008
Pennywise:

pumping,man jiro, Omoba. Thanks to you all. Omoba, have you noticed that some of these detectors also leave a bit of their nuisance behind?

Pennywise: True, but the advantage outweighs this minor downside. What you must consider is that when a system is already infected, the best course of action is to remove the drive into an external caddy, to a 'clean area' as in a clean uninfected pc before scanning, this way you are certain that you are 100% free of worries. Many viruses, malware etc have been known to attach and hide themselves without being detected, if you try disinfecting in the same environment it got infected in, which is why the external scanners offer a simpler solution to removing the drive from the host pc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 12:51pm On Feb 04, 2008
Pumice: Pray tell, did you draw the arrows in yourself or does the Nigeriansecurities tool do this?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2008
Omoba3:

Pumice: Pray tell, did you draw the arrows in yourself or does the Nigeriansecurities tool do this?

Guy i did it myself o! wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2008
@pumice
Your arrowhead appears rather overly optimistic don't you think?.I think it will require a little editing considering, Dont be discouraged I am one of those praying fervently and fasting for dunlop.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2008
@all

Got info below from ZSL

The technical suspension placed on Zenith Bank Plc was today lifted following the conclusion of its public offering.

The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) today placed NAMPAK Plc on full suspension following the discovery of overstatement in the company's accounts. Investigations are still on and the company has promised to update the market and the investing public.

Kindly be informed that 1.25 billion ordinary shares of Dangote Flour Mills Plc were listed today , Monday February 4 2008 on the official list of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) at N15.00 per unit following the conclusion of its Initial Public Offering (IPO).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2008
As it was predicted the movement of the Elephant on Friday na demo. Even with the closing net bid, it could not continue with the momentum today.

It will be interesting to see what Zenith will bring to this segment now it is out of TS. I still think it will hit resistance around N50 when high volume profit takers try to lock in profit.

Folks are beginning to consider 5-10% margins in short term trades acceptable before the erasure of spreadsheet money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2008
so fellas,

anyone trading dangote flour yet? tongue

bobos just dey wait alhaji's certificate make dem chop clean mouth.

wait a month or so. koolu temper cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2008
Pennywise:

@pumice
Your arrowhead appears rather overly optimistic don't you think?.I think it will require a little editing considering, Dont be discouraged I am one of those praying fervently and fasting for dunlop.

@Pennywise

No I don't get discouraged that easily. As a matter of fact I welcome your criticisms. That's why I joined this thread in the first place.

I was wondering what you meant by optimistic. I don't think there is another way to consider what is happening to the price within the last 3 months. It is making higher lows and higher highs which is the definition of an upward trend.  All I did was connect the 2 lows to give an indication of future price. Also the 6EMA crosses the 150EMA and holds. Like I said there's only that resistance around =N=5. I would welcome another way of looking at the charts as this would only add to my knowledge.  

Remember no-one has a crystal ball, a trendline just shows previous prices in an attempt to anticipate the future. In reality they all end up be broken in the future and price either consolidates or goes down. I rarely practice technical analysis in a vacuum, I look forward to hearing your reasons why you are skeptical. I think it was Albert Einstein who said "if we new what we were doing it wouldn't be called research". wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AtamMan(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2008
FAO Gurus (and learners like moi),
My pple who has a clue as to what is driving Cornerstone's price northward? Is it that it is fundamentally good? Or is the current obssession with Insurance stocks to blame? As per FCMB, what would you advise a brother who is holding a few ks of it to do right now?
Pls help this bros out!
Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Yes, to add my own, Pumping777, thanks very much for your generous contributions to this thread.  Everyone has benefitted from your insightful comments and down to earth analysis of stocks and capital market investment.  You are acknowledged as the 2007 MOST GENEROUS GURU.  If you continue in this pace you might end up winning the 2008 slot.

Wanajo passes as the MOST FATHERLY COUNSELLOR GURU of this thread.  As for Queen Mrs. WindyWendy, she is easily the MOST AUTHORITATIVE INFORMATION SOURCE, yes the lady who is soooooooooooooooooo generous with useful CORPORATE NEWS BEHIND THE NEWS.  You are all recognized.

Aktopgun is equally recognized as the BEST STOCK SURGEON there is on this thread, he has his own way of dissecting each stock he chooses to comment on.  ROUGHCUT may not be as rouch as the name sounds, even though constantly on the air, he finds time to disembark and tell us something newer than what we may already have known.  For that, ROUGHCUT will pass as the MOST MOBILE STOCK ANALYST OF ALL TIME.

Other awards to be given by my co-presenters.  Thank you.

Ha ha ha! as it happens just landed back at base. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Well well what can i say? Honour will also come your way in Jesus name.I think everybody on this thread will definitely get an award! The thread has been a serious blessing to me in more ways than one so kudos to all of una.

The super crawling eagles have just managed to turn my monday'feelgood' hypothesis into a  pile of  cowpat i hope the NSE does not react accordingly i havent checked the closing prices sha. To imagine that they managed to lose with the extra man numerical advantage is  more galling. What else do they want the referee to do?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kc08: 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2008
Has Dangote Fl been posted? if so will it not be in the Food and Beverages sector?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2008
Atam-Man:

FAO Gurus (and learners like moi),
My people who has a clue as to what is driving Cornerstone's price northward? Is it that it is fundamentally good? Or is the current obssession with Insurance stocks to blame? As per FCMB, what would you advise a brother who is holding a few ks of it to do right now?

Your answer #1 is in red. Answer #2; if you've made money on FCMB, let it go.
pumping777:

Folks are beginning to consider 5-10% margins in short term trades acceptable before the erasure of spreadsheet money.

You must be a mind-reader grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2008
pumping777:

As it was predicted the movement of the Elephant on Friday na demo. Even with the closing net bid, it could not continue with the momentum today.

It will be interesting to see what Zenith will bring to this segment now it is out of TS. I still think it will hit resistance around N50 when high volume profit takers try to lock in profit.

Oga Pumping - Concerning, Zenith - if you look at the current & Forward PE of Intercon, Firstbank and Guaranty, and use that as a benchmark for Zenith, that boy would reach N58. But, because EOY is not till June, then i see its first turbulence at N52. Knowing that Zenith would deliver on good results.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:13pm On Feb 04, 2008
@ easi

wassup man. make windy no catch u with this ur signature o! me i no go settle fight.

£50 on easi to win sha!  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy (if i were a betting man).

admittedly, it was an upset to say the last. just goes to show, it aint over till the fat lady sings!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2008
@easi
how far? i no hear from you again . na superbowl or na supereagles do you? well if you can buzz me now . i am home
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2008
bivins1:

@easi
how far? i no hear from you again . na superbowl or na supereagles do you? well if you can buzz me now . i am home

Both of them! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2008
Zenith bank. 5% today how interesting.

How long do we think this bull run is going to last?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2008
aktopgun:

@ easi

wassup man. make windy no catch u with this your signature o! me i no go settle fight.

5'2" (Wendy) vs 6'1" (Me) = Tom Brady vs NY  Giants Defense

Wendy, when you read this, you know you are my "personal person", just can't resist needling you.  grin wink
ty_ademolu:

Zenith bank. 5% today how interesting.

How long do we think this bull run is going to last?

4-5 days. Same as PHB, Access, FCMB and other banks that have come off TS recently. Maiduguri too far, I'll be surprised if it reaches Abuja  grin But you should be able to get your 20-25% Fo2 style.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Oga Pumping - Concerning, Zenith - if you look at the current & Forward PE of Intercon, Firstbank and Guaranty, and use that as a benchmark for Zenith, that boy would reach N58. But, because EOY is not till June, then i see its first turbulence at N52. Knowing that Zenith would deliver on good results.

N52 is still within the range I am predicting. What I am saying it that it will not stay there.

We should compare Zenith to all its peers.  Zenith(24) actually has higher forward PE than UBA (15), UBN(18), Oceanic (17) and First Bank(22).

Agreed that Zenith usually maintains a premium but I don't see it maintaning a PE of around 27 when other contemporary stocks will have much lower forward PEs. One of the problems remains the high nominal price.

I will guess another 5% for Zenith tomorrow, then we will start to see some resistance. If not, all the better though.

If you look at all the banks maintaining a high PE in banking, the prices are below N30. It is the stocks that have prices above N40 that have lower PEs except Oceanic that is being weighed down by 22B big ones.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by speedy08(f): 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2008
RE AWARDS,
Your awards are spot on, but why you no give the ultimate FO2 award?

Abi na because na im be the grandpatron you no come consider am?

Me, i go nominate FO2 for company secretary, or chief legal officer of this forum.

You know that when lawyer don talk, the issue don settle be dat!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by edwardaigb: 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2008
was at Oceanic registrar today, picked returns on dangote Flour. that offer no try at all. imagine was given less than 2,500 units out of 15,000 units paid for. they did put some interest on the returned money though but it's all rubbish.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2008
@edward

only consolation will be if the price heads north and stays at least north-north east by the time u get ur cerificate cheesy

i checked my P.O vaccine level today, still quite strong. in this climate and till the NSE sanctions someone, him that has ears let him hear!

i have been stalking one guy like that wey be foreigner before come get change of name, then listed in 1964, with 2 previous bonuses, begin dey bottle pure water and its head is covered.

riddle: to which company am i referring?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2008
*deleted*
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2008
easimoni:

WENDY WENDY WENDY! Sorry O! Time to eat crow. Go Giants!

easimoni:

5'2" (Wendy) vs 6'1" (Me) = Tom Brady vs NY Giants Defense

Wendy, when you read this, you know you are my "personal person", just can't resist needling you. grin wink

Chei, mo gbe ooo cry cry cry cry

Anyway lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

**puts both hands on head and runs away**
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2008
speedy08:

RE AWARDS,
Your awards are spot on, but why you no give the ultimate FO2 award?

Abi na because na im be the grandpatron you no come consider am?

Me, i go nominate FO2 for company secretary, or chief legal officer of this forum.

You know that when lawyer don talk, the issue don settle be that!!!

No, no, no, you got it wrong I guess.  I only handed over to my co-presenters as I felt incompetent to be given the privilege of announcing the award for Fatherof2,000,000,0000m.  Anyway since you have woken the sleeping dog, I make bold to humbly announce that Fatherof2 won the award of THE INDISPUTABLE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE UNARMED INVESTORS ON THE NSE 2007 and 2008 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  All cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.