Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815808 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:50pm On Feb 17, 2008
@ Deoba, are you expressing a wish, how many KG load of transcorp are you carrying? grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Deoba: 8:59pm On Feb 17, 2008
Invisible,the future will tell. Read the reaction of the company by Transcorp management on the Proshare regarding the reversal sales of Nitel.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2008
Loma: Nice jokes cheesy keep em coming.

All: At this point in time, Trans[/b]corp = a [b]corp[/b]se in transit. grin

After its resurrection, we will see the [b]trans[/b]ition of a [b]corp[/b]se into a vibrant Transcorp grin grin grin

Deoba:

Invisible,the future will tell. Read the reaction of the company by Transcorp management on the Proshare regarding the reversal sales of Nitel.

[b]Deoba:
Talk true, you get 500kg, abi no bi so grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2008
@deoba

i hope u are right for ur sake cheesy cheesy. what exactly are u basing ur view on though? do u know something thats not public knowledge? come on share share share! cheesy

i would class transcorp as a turnarond at best and the turn around is still being sorted out sef. it may succeed, it may not. probably still has a ways to go but knowing the NSE, anything is impossible especially with all the "big names" (yeah right, only in nigeria! , not strictly true though) being mentioned with the company
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2008
Deoba:

Transcorp is going for a bull run this week because the recent government is a great news for this company.It will enable them to concentrate on other areas that can bring huge profit.Public is the greatest enemy of the company.No Shaking ,Transcorp will survive all these problems.

bull run when shareholders are already threatening to sue the FG.once court gets involved you know the rest.
looking for a bull run? [b]GET UR AFRIBANK NOW.[/b]you dont need harikrishna candles on this,just news.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2008
any short term traders here own airservices?

i suggest u sell tomorrow cuz the candles ( cheesy cheesy cheesy) suggest the downturn will continue.

if u are in it long term well u cant really go wrong i think.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2008
@hbrendic, the AFRIBANK flight has not taken off as soon as I thought it will. I loaded at 27+ and still dey wait for my CICO opportunity. Meanwhile I exited FBN and has some 'liquidity' in my system, any suggestions.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 10:22pm On Feb 17, 2008

Invisible,the future will tell. Read the reaction of the company by Transcorp management
on the Proshare regarding the reversal sales of Nitel.

"Due process" is about to be taught real due process. Like I said before, expect a $1billion
lawsuit against the Federal Government, after all it was the same Federal Government that
sold NITEL to Transcorp. smiley smiley Abi? Its not Transcorp's problem if the same Federal Govt or
its agents failed to follow due process when their NITEL bid was accepted!

Unless the initial agreement with BPE specifially say that Transcorp MUST invest $1billion in
NITEL which it failed to do, Transcorp can wiggle out of this one, after all, business conditions
are subject to changes - lenders may change their minds, IPOs may fail, etc. A promise is just
a promise!

I think the fun part is just beginning and in the end, the government will be begging Transcorp,
to forget what was announced this weekend smiley We shall see.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2008
invisible!:

@hbrendic, the AFRIBANK flight has not taken off as soon as I thought it will. I loaded at 27+ and still dey wait for my CICO opportunity. Meanwhile I exited FBN and has some 'liquidity' in my system, any suggestions.

some rumours are very close to the truth,afribank will be rewarding shareholders with both[b] bonus [/b] and dividens soonest.
so no shaking.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:36pm On Feb 17, 2008
@Iyke-D, if it is the government I know, you are talking about here, they will win any transcorp lawsuit. I wish we should discuss other stocks here, except Transcorp. It reminds me of the mistake I made in the po.

Walked into a banking hall, reeking of cash, picked up two prospectus and started reading, by no means was I a newbie in stocks. But on that day I found myself going for Transcorp above Dangote sugar, the rest is history now as I have dumped my Transcorp at a loss, N3.20 cry cry. and now this bull run before this bad news

Could we please discuss living things here? grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2008
@ hbrednic, did I hear the smell of bonus? Nigerians are bonus crazy, and will bid the stock sky high if that rumor happens to be near the truth. I think I will increase the qty of my Afribank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Esingapore(m): 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2008
study in singapore

with ur NECO/WAEC/GCE FROM 5 CREDIT AND ABOVE.

requirements
1 result

2 birth certificate

3 passport photo (s)

4 transcript

5 resume / curriculum vitae (CV)

ALL COURSES ARE AVALIABLE.

MORE INFO CALL 08069282796
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:51pm On Feb 17, 2008
A company is languishing in the doldrums of the second tier securities section. The name of this stock is RAK UNITY PET. Just because it has some petrol as its middle name can cause a bull run on this unknown stock (or is the PET for a lovely household creature?).

Does anyone have any info about this company?, please share.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2008
Esingapore:

study in singapore

with your NECO/WAEC/GCE FROM 5 CREDIT AND ABOVE.

requirements
1 result

2 birth certificate

3 passport photo (s)

4 transcript

5 resume / curriculum vitae (CV)

ALL COURSES ARE AVALIABLE.

MORE INFO CALL 08069282796

Wetin me go dey do for singapore of all places, make hunger no kill person there, anyway try the education section for good luck.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2008
Wedge of the week.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 11:20pm On Feb 17, 2008
@ALL

My comments are off the cuff without investigative research,more from memory(I confess I'm one lazy investor shocked shocked shocked).
I doubt the rumour(I'm just hearing it now on this thread) that Afribank will give bonus,based on my perception of the bank being over-valued(even at N26) based on its last Q result.

In this day and age that banks are striving to increase EPS by keeping outstanding shares as minimum as possible(some contemplating going down the intricate road of share reconstruction),I don't see the rationale of a bonus that would further dilute their struggling EPS.

This is entirely my own unresearched oppinion undecided undecided undecided.

@Invisible

Hello,fellow night-owl.I just placed a purchase order for a gun-fight CICO.
Have to keep it Invisible though,not suggesting,sorry man.At least not till I'm bought.you now how it is wink wink wink.Difficult to do 20% these days.
Wish I had a e-mail to send you,pal.Got only my usual one not for a forum.Hang on,I'll open a hotmail right away then post here. . .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2008
invisible!:

@ hbrednic, did I hear the smell of bonus? Nigerians are bonus crazy, and will bid the stock sky high if that rumor happens to be near the truth. I think I will increase the qty of my Afribank.

There you go again, you want to live on rumours! You just told us the sad experience you had with Transcorp and now Afribank. What is the margin with which Afribank is that different from Transcorp? Guess your bitterness with Transcorp is due to your "bad" experience with it, otherwise the news filtering in does not suggest the worst has come for Transcorp! Why not think other areas other than AFribank. There you go again Otherwise what did you expect Afribank to use to raise their stakes as they have unstrategically released their 3rd quarter result, and FY result won't be ready till who knows when?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Teenom(m): 11:31pm On Feb 17, 2008
I no go mind invest 4 singapore sha. Some of my peeps dey there and dem no wan comeback again o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee1wpACpLSM
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2008
@Mr Risky, (i like that name) only you are not allowing me to take some calculated risks with Afribank. Really I do not see Afribank in the league of Transcorp, for these reasons;

Afribank is still making profits
Afribank is still conducting banking business
Afribank did not have its aquisition reversed
Afribank just did a PO which could add to its profitability

Transcorp has no hope, no money, no friends and the chances of a boardroom fight is looking closer by the day (remember Odimegwu)

Afribank may use this bonus rumor to stir up interest in their stock and that is no skin off my nose since am into it for CICO only.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2008
@Krrush, I no mind if you will send my some 'coded' tip, you know the fear of the deep pockets,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 12:00am On Feb 18, 2008
invisible!:

@Mr Risky, (i like that name) only you are not allowing me to take some calculated risks with Afribank. Really I do not see Afribank in the league of Transcorp, for these reasons;

Afribank is still making profits
Afribank is still conducting banking business
Afribank did not have its aquisition reversed
Afribank just did a PO which could add to its profitability

Transcorp has no hope, no money, no friends and the chances of a boardroom fight is looking closer by the day (remember Odimegwu)

Afribank may use this bonus rumor to stir up interest in their stock and that is no skin off my nose since am into it for CICO only.

Well, if its CICO for Afribank, no qualms.  Things will not always remain bad for Transcorp, though.  If we are to go by what the Capital market should be, Transcorp has not so much disappointed anyone.  They didn't promise dividend in 2007, nor 2008, and the usual teething problems with new corporation are what have bedeviled the management; once those shady aspects are scapped off the dead living giant - in the long term (which capital market is supposed to be except for emerging markets like NSE), transcorp should be able to deliver. The horses are still willing to carry the beggars grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:02am On Feb 18, 2008
Afribank "rumour" is a close at it gets. It's the MD that dropped the hint. I posted the news story a day or two ago.

The important fact is that the bank is in a "position" to give bonus considering the number of outstanding shares. If the price of this stock does not move, how will they compensate those that bought the PO at N25?.

This is a done deal. The price must waka somehow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 12:13am On Feb 18, 2008
Hello Pumping777

Thanks for replying my last post. Please this o and n insurance, is it worth buying considering the report posted at page 470 summaring posible hold, buy and sell. I have some lose funds from my first bank sale. Thanks for all your help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:20am On Feb 18, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Well, if its CICO for Afribank, no qualms.  Things will not always remain bad for Transcorp, though.  If we are to go by what the Capital market should be, Transcorp has not so much disappointed anyone.  They didn't promise dividend in 2007, nor 2008, and the usual teething problems with new corporation are what have bedeviled the management; once those shady aspects are scapped off the dead living giant - in the long term (which capital market is supposed to be except for emerging markets like NSE), transcorp should be able to deliver. The horses are still willing to carry the beggars grin grin grin grin grin

My guy, I had wanted to hang unto Transcorp for a few more time, maybe a year or two, but I reasoned, what the heck! why not use this money to play the markets instead of causing a go slow in my portfolio.

I had since done two quick CICO's on two different stocks with same money. Well, we will jump right in when things change cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 12:26am On Feb 18, 2008
Invisible

Please I would really appreciate some cico ideas this week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:34am On Feb 18, 2008
@beginner, on my radar I could just see four stocks right now

Afribank
Guinea ins
linkage (if it drops 5%)
r.t briscoe (if it drops on monday, pounce on teusday)

I will run now before the gurus here will catch me using a crystal ball (abi I think say me and bigboylarry don become mates) grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 12:36am On Feb 18, 2008
@Invisible

Coooool!! cool cool cool cool I just signed-up a Hotmail!

Mail me and I'll send you my widow's mite of a tip for CICO. It's been suggested few days back;very hot,may get out of shooting distance tomorrow!

This is me-. . . . hotmail.co.uk
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:43am On Feb 18, 2008
beginner:

Hello Pumping777

Thanks for replying my last post. Please this o and n insurance, is it worth buying considering the report posted at page 470 summaring posible hold, buy and sell. I have some lose funds from my first bank sale. Thanks for all your help.

No vex. I no catch your code. He go be this sleep wey dey catch me
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 1:18am On Feb 18, 2008
@invisible

This is going to very messy for the Federal Government. Don't lose hope yet.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20080218315740
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:42am On Feb 18, 2008
Bull Market is a random market movement causing an investor to mistake himself for a financial genius.

Bear Market is a 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry and the husband gets no sex.

A long term investment is a short term investment that failed. e.g the Nascon 1-day sale last year

Economics is an extremely useful method of employment for economists.

The market is weird. Every time one guy sells, another one buys, and they both think they're smart.

The best time to buy anything is last year

Technical analysis is the art of drawing a crooked line from an unproved assumption to a foregone conclusion.

A technical analyst is a person who thinks that nine women can produce a child in one month.

Spend at least as much time researching a stock as you would choosing a refrigerator.

Remember the First Law of Technical Analysis: For every analysis, there is an equal and opposite analysis--so for every bullish analysis, there is a bearish one. The Second Law of Technical Analysis: They are both likely to be wrong!

We have two classes of forecasters: Those who don't know--and those who don't know they don't know!

February is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and October!

A market analyst is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today!

Have a bullish week!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 2:46am On Feb 18, 2008
loma:

A long term investment is a short term investment that failed. (.E.G NASCON)

Are you winding me up? angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 3:22am On Feb 18, 2008
jandbaby:

Are you winding me up? angry

Cool down,J-baby cool cool cool.

I take it you have several kgs of Nascon.

But I thought peeps were on to a good thing with that stock;not sure now from @loma's post

'Ave a great week-starter,kiddo.

Definitely hit Canada sooner than you think wink wink.

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.