Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,444 members, 7,850,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (818535 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ Pumping and Roughcut,

Sorry about the Language. I meant full suspension. My broker offered to cross deal it from some accounts who are ready to ofload it.

My hunch is that the bank is a good bank even better than some banks currently trading on the NSE and once it is off the suspension, it will be a ride to the moon. remember the Afribank issue.

This is my take on this.

Any more ideas

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2008
pumping777:

yodiyokun hit the nail on the head when she said the insurance sector is a mine field right now. This will only put more pressure on a PO-Free insurance stock like Aiico.

So is AIICO the only TS free insurance stock for now?!

Surely they can not all go to the market at the same time na? There is a limit to the tew much money wey dey NSE especially when most peeps are now CICOERs.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2008
TRW has updated prices for today
@RoughCut, aah The Costain jet is back up, those snipers missed their target from friday!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2008
GUYS IN THE HOUSE I THANK YOU ALL ,

In keeping to my promise of updating you guys, i am publishing below:

THE 40M HAS BEEN ALLOTED LIKE THIS:

1. BUY  450,000.00 OF FCMB AT N20.23 OR BELOW (N9,103,500)AND ENTER A STOPLOSS N19

2. BUY 200,000.00  OF FIRST BANK AT N50.45 (N10,090,000)    

5. BUY 421,700 OF DIAMOND BANK AT N22.25 (N9,382,825) ENTER STOP LOSS N21

6. BUY 250,000 UNION HOMES AT N8.95 (N2,237,500) ENTER STOPLOSS N7.50  

10.BUY 900,000 NEM INSURANCE AT N5.48 (N4,932,000) ENTER STOP LOSS N4.50

6. BUY 500,000 UNITS OF AG LEVENTIS AT N8.51 (N4,255,000) STOP LOSS N7.50

Wanaj02 thanks a million times.

Pumping and the rest of the Gurus thank u guys.

I will not forget FO2 ,risky, roughcut ,Yodiyokun, aktopgun, Easimoni,ololufemi,Naijadr   and other gurus!

I will appreciate everybodies comment before i send out the order this afternoon,    

Napoleon your comment pls,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by richieade(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2008
wanaj0 link=topic=31554.msg#msg date=:

While not holding brief for Ndidi, a stock can be placed on TS for various reasons. NAMPAK and Cadbury are typical examples. When news that is unproven and uncertain is put in the public domain, NSE can place the stock on TS pending when there is more clarification on the info.

Loss of NITEL by Transcorp may be a blessing in disguise if they know what they are doing. Firstly they over paid for Nitel. Secondly how will they get FG to bring their own part of funding for NITEL?

NITEl should collect the money paid back and move to something else. I however expect the issue to end in court

Good point, same thing happened today in England to Northern Rock shares after the govt decided to renatoinalize it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2008
ololufemi:

@ Pumping and Roughcut,

Sorry about the Language. I meant full suspension. My broker offered to cross deal it from some accounts who are ready to ofload it.

My hunch is that the bank is a good bank even better than some banks currently trading on the NSE and once it is off the suspension, it will be a ride to the moon. remember the Afribank issue.

This is my take on this.

Any more ideas

Thanks

If a stock is on full suspension no transactions either cross-dealing or inter-broker are allowed during the period its on full suspension. If what are you are saying is actually true the broker or brokers involved are definitely looking for trouble!

Why do you want to bother with a stock that is full-suspension by the way?i dont think it will do any harm to wait till when the full suspension is lifted if ever.
Remember the stock was placed on full suspension for alleged irregularities or you have not  read the stuff that was written about the MD of that bank on this thread?

I will stay well clear if even if there is cash burning holes in your pocket! If you must splash your cash get someone who wants to cross Skye bank with you if you can get that is
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 1:30pm On Feb 18, 2008
pumping777:

yodiyokun hit the nail on the head when she said the insurance sector is a mine field right now. This will only put more pressure on a PO-Free insurance stock like Aiico.

@pumping777

Please, is it only Aiico that is PO- Free at this moment in that sector?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2008
Naijadr:

TRW has updated prices for today
@RoughCut, aah The Costain jet is back up, those snipers missed their target from friday!

Na me dash the air-hostess N2.40 last week
I checked before i boarded to make sure that the jet is fitted with the latest radar-jamming stealth technology so it appears invisible just in caseunlikely because the navigation system na helele it strays into enemy air space grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2008
The problem with T'corp is that everything that could possibly go wrong, did.

First, Ndi is a liability. She shoots from the hip and is full of soundbites. I've long since started treating her comments with extreme caution.

The much vaunted BOD are a selfish, self seeking bunch. Ovia, Dangote and co. They had much bigger and less contentious fish to fry elsewhere. They only got involved with T'corp to satisfy OBJ's yearnings when he was in power.

Initial management team - Nicholas Okoye etc - were clearly not up to it. I attended the PO roadshow in the UK and honestly wished I hadn't.  Their presentation was woeful, their message was as empty and hollow as it gets.

The list of what went wrong is endless.  But I think things may actually turn for the better in the next year or so. The goverment is likely to loose this case if it ends up in court. This should give T'corp space to operate without the hanging shaddow of a populist goverment. I also think it's the FG that should divest from Transcorp completely. They add no value to Nitel / Mtel, rather weigh it down with their public sector inertia.

My only fear is that with all this wrangling goin on,  will any potential investor with deep pocket be motivated to get involved, ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2008
The share price of Vitafoam Nigeria Plc. has today been adjusted for a dividend payment of N0.25k per share. The ex-div price is N10.05.

For those who bought last week, what does this imply?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

1. BUY  450,000.00 OF FCMB AT N20.23 OR BELOW (N9,103,500)AND ENTER A STOPLOSS N19

2. BUY 200,000.00  OF FIRST BANK AT N50.45 (N10,090,000)    

5. BUY 421,700 OF DIAMOND BANK AT N22.25 (N9,382,825) ENTER STOP LOSS N21

6. BUY 250,000 UNION HOMES AT N8.95 (N2,237,500) ENTER STOPLOSS N7.50  

10.BUY 900,000 NEM INSURANCE AT N5.48 (N4,932,000) ENTER STOP LOSS N4.50

6. BUY 500,000 UNITS OF AG LEVENTIS AT N8.51 (N4,255,000) STOP LOSS N7.50

I will not forget FO2 ,risky, roughcut ,Yodiyokun, aktopgun, Easimoni,ololufemi,Naijadr   and other gurus!

I will appreciate everybodies comment before i send out the order this afternoon,    

Napoleon your comment please,

I wonder about Ag Leventis. Are u sure you can get that volume?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2008
@oshkosh,

I have received my Oceanic certificate and even verified it. If you have more than 50K units, then you need to visit the registrars.

The phone no is 2713300-8. Tried this till my figers ached. Never got through. Anyway, I don't need then as I have verified the certificates.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

2. BUY 200,000.00  OF FIRST BANK AT N50.45 (N10,090,000)     Not sure this stock will see much upside from N50

10.BUY 900,000 NEM INSURANCE AT N5.48 (N4,932,000) ENTER STOP LOSS N4.50 Have you confirmed its not going on TS soon?

Napoleon your comment please,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Egavlas(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2008
@dollyp1cute

I didnt know you had already asked pumping that question before I clicked reply.

I am wondering the same thing.

E be like Oga pumping  they put fire for Aiico rocket for CICO reasons  grin

Some of us also have CICO plans in other Insurance firms too .

Your opinions here dey sell market o soo abeg easy on the other Insurance firms grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oshkosh(m): 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2008
@debenzd, many thanks,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ Wanaj0, Pumping777, FO2, RoughCut, Risky and all the guru and non-guru's

Have you all heard about Partnership Investment PP? If not please check page495 on this thread and read (part) of the invitation letter they send to me for the PP.

If you know anything about this PP please do share with a brother.

Btw, I need your help on what stock to buy because I am heavily loaded from my loot on (my non-fundamental stocks) Capoil and Afroil; the loot is so much that I need to whitewash the money ASAP embarassed because 8500% gain in less than 1year from just 2 stocks is more than blood money. shocked

I had a “looting after party” cheesy and that was why I overslept and missed the SCOA flight, now Transcorp has made me sober and I am back to reality.

I am thinking of offloading part of my loots into these stocks PZ, COSTAIN, ARBICO, R. T. BRISCOE and DUNLOP

So, what’s your take on any of these stocks?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2008
Salvage:

@pumping777

Please, is it only Aiico that is PO- Free at this moment in that sector?

Well, it is the only one I am 100% sure of since they have just completed their PO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2008
Oga Roughcut
That NEM of a coy, wetin de drive am?

Any better abi na de same hype wee de drive other insurance stocks?
I got at 3.83, make I jump out? E don do 48% today(5.7)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2008
Salvage:

@dollyp1cute

I didnt know you had already asked pumping that question before I clicked reply.

I am wondering the same thing.

E be like Oga pumping  they put fire for Aiico rocket for CICO reasons  grin

Some of us also have CICO plans in other Insurance firms too .

Your opinions here dey sell market o soo abeg easy on the other Insurance firms  grin

Ha. Don't get me wrong o. You see wetin happen to Crusader today? Na surprise for my friend wey buy 1 million units on Thursday o.

I am not dishing the other insurance companies. When my friend bought Crusader, I bought Lawunion and I posted here that I hope they don't go on TS this week o because I plan to bail this week.

I can only be sure of those that have done PO. Some POs will come when not being expected. I am just saying my own that, please be careful.

Yes, I get Aiico but I have decided I am not selling. I even bid for more Aiico at N5.70 today and maybe I got some during the price dip during the day. Just maybe sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ All

The tale of 3 L’s

Have you all noticed that all the Insurance stocks were green but the insurance with letter L, or alphabetical fundamental don dey nowadays ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2008
faketan:

Oga Roughcut
That NEM of a coy, wetin de drive am?

Any better abi na de same hype wee de drive other insurance stocks?
I got at 3.83, make I jump out? E don do 48% today(5.7)

Yep you fit jump out sharpish abi wetin you dey wait for?.

The only thing i can think is the YE is due i think anytime and they may be psyching us up for TS if they have not already been! So dont get caught.
I guess they do FY '07 results and if it looks good then allow it to climb a bit and there you go before you know what's happening TS!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ess: 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2008
Easimoni, pumping, wanaj0, Fo2 etc,
Can some one just please help me with end of year date for all the companies. I have been requesting for a while now. I know it was posted abt a month or so ago but I just cant find it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2008
RoughCut:

Yep you fit jump out sharpish abi wetin you dey wait for?.

The only thing i can think is the YE is due i think anytime and they may be psyching us up for TS if they have not already been! So don't get caught.
I guess they do FY '07 results and if it looks good then allow it to climb a bit and there you go before you know what's happening TS!
Thanks a lot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ESS
make I answer this one
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.96.html

see am for that page my bro/sis grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by creamdream: 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2008
looking for free information? ok, use google
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by WASKYWAJA: 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2008
Roughcut thanks for your comment.      Nem will be coming to the market. I am thinking of replacing NEM with LINKASSURE .

FIDELITYBK closed  11.50 today you think it is a good buy, ? maybe a little bit of it ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abujabooks(f): 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2008
@Ess

Check out this link.

http://www.cashcraft.com/yearend.asp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by creamdream: 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2008
looking for free information? google the matter.simple
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by son5070: 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2008
@Pumping
               Spoke with Diamond securities today,seem they re having little problems with stockbrokers in crediting the shares(verifying accounts).They confirmed account will be credited latest mid march and certificates dispatched by then as well.
I must confess,their customer service is excellent (from my experience though)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by topkin(m): 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2008
Anybody invested in Japaul here? I invested soooo much and I was really devastated to see their publication on The Punch.

Has anybody received his/her money back? They said it will be returned latest 15th but nothing yet for me. What was the interest rate?

Anybody?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2008
WASKY-WAJA:

Roughcut thanks for your comment.      Nem will be coming to the market. I am thinking of replacing NEM with LINKASSURE .

FIDELITYBK closed  11.50 today you think it is a good buy, ? maybe a little bit of it ?

Dont know about FIDELITY though because i have not been looking. Yeah go for LINKAGE if you can get iti think Pumping777 don commot dat one for ground and pray you dont get caught by TS

Goldlink and Universal assurance have just listed and they have been doing 5% to the upside so i think good for CICO or RO-RO. They will be going on TS but not soon  i suppose because they have just been listed they will push up the price  a bit so hopefully you get your timing right.

Pls do not over-expose yourself to the ins sector its a minefield as has been said so many times  on this forum.

Its your CALL!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ess: 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2008
abujabooks:

@Ess

Check out this link.

http://www.cashcraft.com/yearend.asp
faketan:

@ESS
make I answer this one
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.96.html

see am for that page my bro/sis grin

Many thanx, well appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.