Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,671 members, 7,865,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820703 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

people are insistant on pulling dunlop down sha, see fight again today. na who go win, bull or bear, very interesting. it is still the bulls for now but only just. unless something happens soon the candle will be red today.

o ye bulls where art thou!!!!!!!! cheesy

and the candle is RED. Closed N5.55 from the Opening @ N5.82 and First bank lost N2 today so time for shopping don dey approach quick quick!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2008
@pumping

i sorry ma men (trying to copy my liberian friend  grin),

i no look my charts on cutix yesterday. i guess i am paying for it today, was too tired. u are in it for long term abi? i bought last yr so i still sey kampe. roughcut na im clean mouth for this one.

just in case u are wondering, it did a shooting star yesterday, not good after its recent rally over the last few days and todayit looks like it is suffering for it as the bearish candle yesterday would have suggested had i looked at it.

angry with self
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2008
@roughcut
looks like we've reached our bottom for niwicable u know
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2008
blueband:

ABCtrans-Is the party over?

grin the party is not over yet, there was only a light out
for the dance floor to be mobed off the sweat.
Some ppl may decide not to continue again, while others
grab the opportunity, shine ya eyes.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

@roughcut

The thing gain today o! so he be like we don pass the bottom grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2008
livestock appears to be running out of steam despite closing higher today, i dont like the candle today at all. i guess we might have to wait for the next wave on this one. next week doesnt look good for it but i hope i'm wrong.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

@pumping

i no look my charts on cutix yesterday. i guess i am paying for it today, was too tired. u are in it for long term abi? i bought last yr so i still sey kampe. roughcut na im clean mouth for this one.

The money stil dey burn hole inside ma mattress and the hole is getting bigger as John Holt come join am. Can you believe the yeye stock still dey rise I no go even talk about COSTAIN!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

@roughcut

Whatch it, waiting for d bottom can be dangerous, do what u intend to do
and make sure u dont regret.

C. E. wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2008
RoughCut:

and the candle is RED. Closed N5.55 from the Opening @ N5.82 and First bank lost N2 today so time for shopping don dey approach quick quick!

u know what, the fact that it didnt go beyond 5.55, (the close of yesterday as well,) it might be that the bottom don form in a pattern called "matching low pattern" where both bodies of the candles are red after a long downturn and the closing prices are the same, meaning people arent willing to sell below N5.55.

heads up for monday. if it closes higher chikena.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2008
endure:

Whatch it, waiting for d bottom can be dangerous, do what u intend to do
and make sure u don't regret.

C. E. wink

i was merely making an observation to roughcut my brother grin. where would i get the money from to buy so many companies.

i like patterns and i like the pattern for this one.

ok. back to, all caveats apply!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TeeHay(m): 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

u know what, the fact that it didnt go beyond 5.55, (the close of yesterday as well,) it might be that the bottom don form in a pattern called "matching low pattern" where both bodies of the candles are red after a long downturn and the closing prices are the same, meaning people arent willing to sell below N5.55.

heads up for monday. if it closes higher chikena.

Can't agree more with guru AKT. I percieve, in addition, that if it closes higher on Monday it would head to take off its year high of 7.00. In my opinion this retracement is strong enough to take of that high, if it begins on Monday. CAVEATS Plenty!!

Ikeja Hotel seems to sustain the resistance breakout!!!!, a full 5% added today!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2008
Today's pricelist.
I never even look am sef.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2008
i feel the need to write this guys.

We are all aware of the imperections of our NSE and as i have said numerous times, we ae all learning more everyday. i do not advise and will not advise buying companies with woncky fundamentals. i have been careful i believe in applying caveats to most people on my posts as appropriate, except for the people who already know that bottom-line, ur investing decisions are up to us.

i have never bought any company i dont intend to keep for the long term and i have till date not done any CICO. this doesnt mean that people who do it a re wrong o something cuz many have made loads of cash from it and for some people thats their investment style eve.

i would like to say that these diagrams and analysis i do here are merely to help me and any others to make some decisions on "when" to buy and not "what" to buy. i cant decide perople's portfolios for them, thats an individual decision we all have to make.

Caveat empty! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

i feel the need to write this guys.

We are all aware of the imperections of our NSE and as i have said numerous times, we ae all learning more everyday. i do not advise and will not advise buying companies with woncky fundamentals. i have been careful i believe in applying caveats to most people on my posts as appropriate, except for the people who already know that bottom-line, your investing decisions are up to us.

i have never bought any company i don't intend to keep for the long term and i have till date not done any CICO. this doesnt mean that people who do it a re wrong o something because many have made loads of cash from it and for some people thats their investment style eve.

i would like to say that these diagrams and analysis i do here are merely to help me and any others to make some decisions on "when" to buy and not "what" to buy. i can't decide perople's portfolios for them, thats an individual decision we all have to make.

Caveat empty!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

silly me, i meant to say, " ur investment decisions are up to u" grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ all the ABC riders, my advice, try as much as u can to gather more
cuz I see waz goin to happen next week is cappable of blowing ur mind
But dont 4get o --------C. E
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2008
RoughCut:

You  fit dump some of that extra luggage in my cargo hold grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think my portfolio is lean and mean both long-term and CICO combined cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

When you get over 40 stocks on your list excluding the various PP's yet to list then you know that you have to start to worry!!!!!

RoughCut:

You fit tell us how we go get contact with this company and are they looking for more clients? At least  i fit send my business partner make him go meet with them

Thanks

I am afraid of dropping the name of the company here before arrows will start to fly left right and centre!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 2:24pm On Mar 14, 2008
FOR THOSE ON THE IEI TRAIN, THE MESSAGE IS "STAY WITH US, ITS BETTER TOGETHER". So don't attempt to do CICO with us grin grin grin grin

IEI unveils corporate brand

IT was a day of celebration for board, management and workers of International Energy Insurance Plc (IEI) and well-wishers, as the company formally unveiled its corporate brand identity.

The occasion, which took place in Lagos, attracted captains of insurance industry, energy, oil and gas technocrats and top government officials and witnessed a milestone in the history of the young but promising and vibrant underwriting company.

Speaking during the launching, the chairman of the company, Lt.-Gen. Salihu Ibrahim (rtd), who was represented by Mr. Christopher Briggs, said that the day marks another and singular milestone in the history of the young but very vibrant company.

According to him: "We are formally launching our corporate brand, unveiling our new visual identity and our first product.

"There seems to be something about the number three and IEI Plc: We work in three Ways: Onshore, Offshore, and General Business; and we also care in three ways: for you, your business and your environment."

He said: "International Energy Insurance Plc was borne out of the need to fill an identified yawning gap in the Nigerian insurance industry, and this gap was in the energy sector. It was quite clear to the team of young but very forward-thinking investors who bought out the former Global Assurance Company that there were obvious opportunities in this sector, which were not being fully exploited.

"And so the former company, which dealt in your regular insurance business was refocused, got new direction and was renamed. And so began the current journey of evolution and metamorphosis, which we all here to market and witness today."

Said he: "The journey continues: the metamorphosis never stops. In our quest to continuously delight our customers, reward and motivate our board, shareholders, management and staff, positively impact our communities' local and global, and inspire our industry, we will keep evolving, in anticipation of the needs of the times and the world we live."

"We ask you to stay with us on our journey. As you have come here today and been with us this far, we ask that you continue with us, because it is so much better together, and you are the reason we are here."

The Chairman of the occasion and former Commissioner for Insurance, Chief Oladipupo Bailey, in his remarked said the unveiling of the official brand of the company was something to be proud of because the company rose from nowhere to become what it is today.

He challenged the board and management that the sky was the limit for the company, adding that they must move forward with zeal to exploit enormous opportunities in the oil and gas sector.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ Wanaj0.

Do you know if I can still get on the IAA private placement? maybe I could put in some money?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2008
ty_ademolu:

@ Wanaj0.

Do you know if I can still get on the IAA private placement? maybe I could put in some money?

I really don't know again.

IAA did placement @ 2.10 or so for N2.00. which comes to like N0.525 per 50k share. That is already fully allotted. I however learnt that one of the parties to the offer is pushing for supplementary allottment (collected money from people so need to get stocks for them) but IAA is not playing ball because of the potential delay in listing/planned PO.

Now the company I talked about is 'buying' IAA for its client @ N1.20 for 50k for share!!! That is the one that I think is available.

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2008
the fund managers Oga Wanajo is referring to i think begins with a B.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

IAA did placement @ 2.10 or so for N2.00. which comes to like N0.525 per 50k share. That is already fully allotted. I however learnt that one of the parties to the offer is pushing for supplementary allottment (collected money from people so need to get stocks for them) but IAA is not playing ball because of the potential delay in listing/planned PO.

Now the company I talked about is 'buying' IAA for its client @ N1.20 for 50k for share!!! That is the one that I think is available.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Is there anyway you could hook a brother up? probably a phone number or something? I wouldnt mind buying at a reasonable premium. you could email me at luvintayo at hotmail dot com. thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:46pm On Mar 14, 2008
See me see pure luck!!!! I emptied ALL my SCOA yesterday at 220% net, the thing come fall yakata today.

Wow, my Xmas don come early this year grin grin grin

Make una beg IEI make he no put sand inside this my sweet garri sha o!! No be by all these annoucements wey dem dey make o cheesy

@aktopgun - thanks for the heads up on Cutix. Still some way from my entry point. Let me see how it plays out on Monday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

I am afraid of dropping the name of the company here before arrows will start to fly left right and centre!!!!

Ok hit me e-mail addy is roughcutsilkytouch at yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by orisebawo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

When you get over 40 stocks on your list excluding the various PP's yet to list then you know that you have to start to worry!!!!!

Wanajo pls could you send me the details at orisebawo@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ ALL the contact person cane be found at

ariyowealth@yahoo.com

Say that you want to do portfolio management.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BabaOlu(m): 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ Wanajo
FieldMashal General. I take God beg you, pls email me the company name on oglumide at yahoo dot com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

@ ALL the contact person cane be found at

ariyowealth@yahoo.com

Say that you want to do portfolio management.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

Thanks a lot and much appreciated should we mention that a prospective client gave us the link? Dont worry your identity is still under wraps grin grin grin grin grin grin
Will just mention that it was a prospective client who gave me the connection
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

IAA did placement @ 2.10 or so for N2.00.  which comes to like N0.525 per 50k share. That is already fully allotted. I however learnt that one of the parties to the offer is pushing for supplementary allottment (collected money from people so need to get stocks for them) but IAA is not playing ball because of the potential delay in listing/planned PO.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

@ Oga wanaj0

Abeg, u fit link me to IAA, I am very much interested my email addy is jazzyjay6789 at hotmail.com. Abeg I de down 4 my knees ooooooooooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2008
I dey shout CAVEAT EMPTOR no one dey listen. Make nobody come ask me question OOOOOOOOOOOO

Me no get any link OOOO. All of una wey dey collect link for Nairaland na OYO you dey OO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2008
bigjay01:

@ Oga wanaj0

Abeg, u fit link me to IAA, I am very much interested my email addy is jazzyjay6789 at hotmail.com. Abeg I de down 4 my knees ooooooooooo

Please and me too o i beg, grin, dvonnemartin at yahoo.co.uk
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

I dey shout CAVEAT EMPTOR no one dey listen. Make nobody come ask me question OOOOOOOOOOOO

Me no get any link OOOO. All of una wey dey collect link for Nairaland na OYO you dey OO

At least you don do your due diligence that's all you need to do. Nobody can say you did not add a disclaimer and CAVITY EMPTY so tey water no dey inside again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2008
wanaj0:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.