Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820399 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2008
I don't want to be drawn into the long term and short term debate!!! Each one of them is good. What you do is a function of your age and your portfolio size.

The younger you are, the higher the risk that you should take. Also the smaller your portfolio, the higher the risk you are willing to take.

If you manage a portfolio of N1bn, you will not be buying Chellarams; Livestock etc. Firstly the units available is not that much, secondly the risk is too much vis avis the returns. That's why major brokers have a list of investible securities!!!!

If I am young and I have a relatively small portfolio, I can invest in stocks without fundamentals and do CICO so as to accelerate the growth of my portfolio while understanding the risk involved.

For the LONG TERMERS, best way to make money is via PP's and good PO's. Right now what we have are over priced PO's. Look @ the NAHCO offer for sale? You make over 1000% within a year!!! Na those kind thing me I like.

Many good PP's are going on now. If you have deep pockets, just move in. Omatek computer is one. Will be selling @ 2.50/share. Zenith and GTB are core investors via the SME financing scheme.

Food Concepts is going on. Not that fantastic. You should however be able to get in at a premium.

With those PP's, you can make 500% easily within a year. You can also get BIG units that if you stay in for 5years, you will be smilling at yourself everyday.

Those with DEEP pockets, don't trade on the floor in reality. Even when they buy shares, they buy below the NSE price because they just got the company to issue shares to them.

For those who are friends on this site, now is the time to collaborate so that you can take positions jointly in some good companies. You can also use the power of leverage that way. You can put 25% of the money down collectively and get 75% financing. Many things are going on now that peeps need to take advantage off.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 11:30am On Mar 15, 2008
@Wanaj0
thanks so much for those words of advise,
May God continue to bless you

How deep do you think the pocket should be?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by EKWA(m): 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2008
WANAJO are you a broker ? you are right.I only bought on floor 7 times in my life since 10 years of into stock.Am mainly into PP or po and am not complaining for quick example still have Zenith bank bought @ 16.50-1million unit,Nahco pp 2ml unit,Access PO ordered for 1ml unit but got 640,000,Oceanic PO 1ml unit and still in process Japaul pp 7ml unit,Aiico 7ml unit.I can go on ,as my former lecturer Pat utomi use to say to us the ideal is the same but the tactics or approach is always different ,never done CICO in my life,not a fan but am not putting it down either.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2008
EKWA:

WANAJO are you a broker ? you are right.I only bought on floor 7 times in my life since 10 years of into stock.Am mainly into PP or po and am not complaining for quick example still have Zenith bank bought @ 16.50-1million unit,Nahco pp 2ml unit,Access PO ordered for 1ml unit but got 640,000,Oceanic PO 1ml unit and still in process Japaul pp 7ml unit,Aiico 7ml unit.I can go on ,as my former lecturer Pat utomi use to say to us the ideal is the same but the tactics or approach is always different ,never done CICO in my life,not a fan but am not putting it down either.

Broker ke Na dy/dx man learn for school OOO.

Deep pocket people don dey come out OOO

BTW, how did you get 2m units of NAHCO? You be Dele Cole??

dejavoe:

@Wanaj0
thanks so much for those words of advise,
May God continue to bless you

How deep do you think the pocket should be?

Can't answer that OO!! Levels differ OOO. The TOP for one man na the BASEMENT for another man!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ wanajo, seriously looking at BETA GLASS, forward pe is still 16 and thats fantastic right now. hope they declare a bonus. results come in april usually, any news on nafdac and the bottles?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by EKWA(m): 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2008
Wanajo,is simple be very very very nice to your broker for example Food concept pp i know of it since march last year .
Every year my broker get's a reasonable Xmas bonus (Cash),he works for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ALL
for anyone interested in Food concept

U can conatct them ,

01-2716390

info@foodconcept.biz

uche@foodconcept.biz
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2008
@all

For japaul to pay one naira dividenf, their eps has to be more than 1 naira. Its currently nowhere near that so thats a pipe dream.
To do a bonus of 1 for 1 is technically possible but i would fear the future implications of such a wide split.

@Shigidi
are u seeing berger paints? remember u mentioned it way back, and the thing jus keeps surprising. whats your PAT estimate?, full year results shld be out in 2 months.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:43pm On Mar 15, 2008
wanaj0:

Broker ke Na dy/dx man learn for school OOO.

Deep pocket people don dey come out OOO

BTW, how did you get 2m units of NAHCO? You be Dele Cole??

Can't answer that OO!! Levels differ OOO. The TOP for one man na the BASEMENT for another man!!!
[Btw, how do u get 2m units of NAHCO?]

WANAJO, IS NOT A BIG DEAL IF U CAN SPEAK NAIJA LANGUAGE DATS HOW I DO MY OWN ON DANGOTE, I WAS VERY SHOCK WEN SOMEONE BROUGHT THE FORMULAR HERE. Give out good premium u will be alloted all what u requested for, but i dont know if that has to do with broker magu magu.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2008
issuing house for FOOD CONCEPT

A FBN capital market : contact is Olumide Adisa and number is 0802 340 9589

B: Skye bank : contact is Niyi Oloruntoba and number is 0802292 4466

Minimum 250k unit @ 3.90K

get ur copy fast O grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2008
where IOMA dey?
i've spent the last 3 hours trying to catch up since yesterday. i'm surprised that @IOMA did not paste any funny stuff/pic on page 666!! or has @Easimoni done sometime to him after his 419th post@1:49am?

make una beg easimoni make im release ioma ooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2008
shigidi:

@ pumping777, is it me or are fundamentals going down the drain nowadays. yes i know they will be back but whats all his talk about ABC transpor at 7 naira shocked is there some thing i am missing, whats all the fuss about it. please let me know because i need ro pick something up on monday

Fundamentals don't support ABC right now. The attraction for some is the potential to grow PAT based on rumour of solid results and some new businesses they have acquired. See some of WindyWendy posts for more info on this. Also rumour of bonus.

You've seen me bolding BetaGlass in a few posts up there. That is my current strike. I've been accumulating since last week after I CICO out of it the previous week only to see it drop to N25 again. With good potentials and PAT that has been growing significantly since the turnaround in 2004, I am very interested. If bonus come enter join, all the better.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2008
Even me sef dey on the look out for IOMA.
Abeg Easimoni release him for us o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2008
@All Gurus
i think big treat has been able to send me to the clinic because i closed early on yeaterday.
I no wan die of this serious slump. i told my broker to sell and buy another thing but the guy told me to let it bleed and that the reversal will be a long one.

i don't know if he has been seeing candles like AKT and Roughcut oo, but i think im going to order him to sell and buy something else cos Bigtreat really needs some first aid or else. . .

What is happening to first aluminium and Etherna oil oo? these are stocks that are making me smile day in day out. na wa o.

Beta Glass? imme look into that today, today. in fact im calling my broker for a jaw jaw over some bingeys.

@Windy
where u don dey since? i don dey fail my CICo exams o because u no dey come as usual o.
i don score F9 for Bigtreat. The thing just dey slide like say e wan go into extinction.
how u doing? takia

Ps: should i still stay with ABC or disembark or even load some more? still gat some oyster to take enter oo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2008
CORRECT PEEPS I HAIL O,I JST FIND OUT SAY I DE PLAY,HW DO I GT D CONTACTS OF THESE PEOPLE THAT HELP GET EVRY ALLOTED AT PREMIUMS PLEASE U CAN SEND ME A MAIL TO wb2022002@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2008
abeg oga ekwa link me to this your broker .thanks na my email address b dis wb2022002@yahoo.com wil expect to hear frm u.
EKWA:

Wanajo,is simple be very very very nice to your broker for example Food concept pp i know of it since march last year .
Every year my broker get's a reasonable Xmas bonus (Cash),he works for me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Belewu: 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2008
House,
Spoke with a broker yesterday who said his firm is handling TNT PP. He says the PP came out yesterday but its just a formality as the firm has already warehoused the units available. He is offering to crosss to me at 3.70 for a 1.70 share and claims it will be listed in May at 3.00 for 50K share. Has anyone heard of this? I'd be liquidating some of my valuable ABC to go into this. Note that the broker is a friend and i would not expect him to lie to me. And no, i don't use his brokerage firm.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 2:45pm On Mar 15, 2008
Hello sir
please what is d minimum 1 can acquire and since it is a cross deal it is sure allotment nd also wat is d nominal value of d private placement?
Belewu:

House,
Spoke with a broker yesterday who said his firm is handling TNT PP. He says the PP came out yesterday but its just a formality as the firm has already warehoused the units available. He is offering to crosss to me at 3.70 for a 1.70 share and claims it will be listed in May at 3.00 for 50K share. Has anyone heard of this? I'd be liquidating some of my valuable ABC to go into this. Note that the broker is a friend and i would not expect him to lie to me. And no, i don't use his brokerage firm.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by charlimess: 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2008
Hello sir
please what is d minimum 1 can acquire and since it is a cross deal it is sure allotment nd also wat is d nominal value of d private placement?
Belewu:

House,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by akoscar: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2008
Dejavoe,

Abeg when is the Food Concept PP closing? I've tried to reach Olumide but he hasn't responded.

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2008
@Akoscar

it closes on the 21/03/2008
i have the Prospectus here but its too large to attach
would send it to you if you need it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2008
does any one hv any info on onward paper mill private placement?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by akoscar: 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2008
Dejavoe,

Thanks o. Abeg can u mail the prospectus to adigidzi@gmail.com?

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by akoscar: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2008
Dejavoe,

Thanks o. Abeg can u mail the prospectus to adigidzi@gmail.com?

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ wanajo
please when is omatek closing and how much is the minimum.
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ Akoscar

on the way, grin cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by akoscar: 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2008
Dejavoe,

Got it. Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ibkn(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2008
at alll are u sure TNT  does not mean explosiveremeber all those tom and jerry cartoons with  TNT dynamites exploding all over the place) men all these PP'S sef make man look b4 he leaps. am sure fruadsters will soon enter the PP industry, wonderbanks and all that paparazzi. TNT men thats clever.
onward paper mill i think is own by apex mills and i tot they were a subsidiary of thomas wyatt. i may be wrong, but i would not do anything paper even if am forced with a gun.
from now on there should be a rule that all PP'S be vetted or someone shuld gothrough the propectus before posting it here cus its people money and we know nigeria, am waiting for tresureline PP or wealth solution PP etc or
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ cj2008

hope this we help

onward mill info memo

enjoy reading

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejavoe(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ dvonne

Omatec is going for #2.70 with a minimum of 1million unit
not sure when it will close though

stand to be corrected,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2008
thank you
dejavoe:

@ dvonne

Omatec is going for #2.70 with a minimum of 1million unit
not sure when it will close though

stand to be corrected,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Crownvilla(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ Dejavoe,

Pls, pls, email me the prosectus and forms for Food Concepts PP. My email addy is: adebubba at yahoo dot com

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.