Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820405 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2008
grabdaloot:

BTW for next year's bull market ( I hope it comes) I no go buy any stock we be like say e get fundamentals check out the stocks that have returned >300% this year : AFPRINT, LIVESTOCK, ALUMACO, FIRSTALUM (the Rio tinto gist might be at work here as well as the ALSCON tori), JOHNHOLT need I say more

No be me talk this one, many people don write about am before before. Next year, many folks will join you in positioning for the market in this way making certain the strategy is not likely to work!!!

What I suspect is that many folks will position for all these fundamentaless penny stocks towards the end of this year expecting a bear run next year.

These stocks na just like fashion. Next year fit be the time for the banks or heavily capitalized stocks. Just be sure that the strategy that will work best is that one which has been adopted by few people.

Last year, timing interim results did a lot of magic. This year results have actually resulted in an anti-climax for many stocks especially those in banking. Bonus is the one magic word I know is still working sha year in year out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2008
[img]http://ABC Pictorials[/img]

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 7:55pm On Mar 14, 2008
Wendy windy
Thank you very much i will keep reading and will google them.
God bless u all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 7:58pm On Mar 14, 2008
@Roughcut,  Sorry I specifically mention you this time, and ,please oblige.  What is all the stories around ABC?  Are we expecting a fantastic End of year result, and therefore juicy rewards to investors?  or they have won a high ticket contract?  What has been the push?  Please if anyone can throw in more light.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2008
abctrans

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2008
pumping777:

In fact I hope this is the case grin grin grin Deap gained over 100% before it went on TS and if I had the stock, I would have sold long before that TS arrived. It did not even go on TS until weeks after closure of register. I would have sold before then for sure.

Yep so if it dips lower we load some more but you need to know when to get out which is why i said i have refined my strategy because i was going to sleep on this one but not anymore!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2008
oops, i see roughcut has done abc already,

cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2008
aktopgun:

oops, i see roughcut has done abc already,

cool
At least we are saying the same in different styles. So i go be your back-up for candles and sticks grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2008
Akt, i posted earlier to shine candle for lasaco, no bother yasef again jare, dem don sell the tin, i don get trade alert, the agberoish part of my broka show imsef. Good for me sha, will get some cash, hope not to enter another cico with am, temptation too plenty.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2008
pumping et al abeg answer my question on FY profits na
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2008
Mr. Risky:

@Roughcut,  Sorry I specifically mention you this time, and ,please oblige.  What is all the stories around ABC?  Are we expecting a fantastic End of year result, and therefore juicy rewards to investors?  or they have won a high ticket contract?  What has been the push?  Please if anyone can throw in more light.
Rumours of a bonus and imminent FYE results and the are in pole-position to run the railway network franchise and the Fed Govt will be giivng them billions or is it millions ?of naira in subsidiies to do so.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 8:11pm On Mar 14, 2008
Aktopgun
You be winch o as per ABC.
E b like IEI don come be like ACENINS pre reconstruction
E b like I go become student of WanajO,no more CICO for me maybe angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:12pm On Mar 14, 2008
jideakin1:

Akt, i posted earlier to shine candle for lasaco, no bother yasef again jare, them don sell the tin, i don get trade alert, the agberoish part of my broka show imsef. Good for me sha, will get some cash, hope not to enter another cico with am, temptation too plenty.

omo i just dey reach house.

no vex. i hope u made ur dosh though
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:16pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ windywendy
abeg I got Big Treat late, the day I wanted to cancel was when they got it, got in at 13.75 and 14, I'm hoping that if it gets close to 13 by Tuesday or so, I'll sell then and get even more ABC and more Dunlop, or perhaps Livestock. What do u think

@ all, here's UBA Daily Stock Position

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2008
RoughCut:

Rumours of a bonus and imminent FYE results and the are in pole-position to run the railway network franchise and the Fed Govt will be giivng them billions or is it millions ?of naira in subsidiies to do so.

Thanks.  Maybe its because of this they are wanting to come out on an IPO.  If this story is substantiatable, then I don't mind pile some for the next 9months to one or two years at least until they begin to DISBEHAVE.  Because if it gets out of the penny stock regime, it will be all smiles.  I only wish this story is true, I don't mind quench all the candles and break the sticks grin and plunge into it, afterall I am a MT to LMer kiss.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:27pm On Mar 14, 2008
niwicable

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ aktopgun,
Thanks jare I chop small.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by CeeKay2: 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2008
@Baba Wanaj0 - are you sure about UBN, they seem to be holding their support rather well - in comparison to other in that sector
Honestly, just looking from a technical analysis - i would say something is brewing, EOY has not been released, maybe that might be the issue,
That is the reason i have not offloaded o,

I noticed that UBN gets beat up a lot on this forum shocked. Can the gurus tell us if this is backed by facts or is it just perception. On the average, it has given me fantastic returns over the last 5years. Not as much recently though.

Union Bank is a perenial bonus share monster and EPS has never been too shaby! I have quite a bit and i am not eager to sell. They've also had enough time to invest and reap benefits from the 2005 PO and i see profitability heading towards Canada smiley I think we are understimating UBN, no?

Windy Wendy, Wanajo, Roughcut, Pumping, AKtopgun and the gang. Lets analyze UBN, abeg!

CK
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2008
TRANSCORP will be 10naira by APRIL.

PAUL JEGEDE of JAPAUL said it today that there will be 1for1 bonus and 1naira dividend for JAPAUL OIL AND MARITIME this year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2008
osazeet:

TRANSCORP will be 10naira by APRIL.

PAUL JEGEDE of JAPAUL said it today that there will be 1for1 bonus and 1naira dividend for JAPAUL OIL AND MARITIME this year.

If na joke make you stop am o grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2008
Make una see sef. Even Full Year results no fit hold GTB's trousers up grin grin grin These banks sef shocked shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2008
grabdaloot:

@ Pumping, roughcut, easimoni,windy,aktopgun, FOF2,yodi and anyone I might have missed out who might have the info I need. Pleae what is your conservative estimate of the full year PAT for LONGMAN, UPL based on their exponential earnings pattern and also that of BETAGLASS.

I have this based on linear projections.

Longman - 0.13B
UPL - 0.17B
Beta Glass - 0.69B -  Grab a copy at a shop near you quoting today's prices. Cavity Empty sha o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hippy: 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ windy wendy
must really thank u for a job well done. pls how do i get to do chart on nigeria stocks?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ Fof2

I sold my UAC prop today after a 8% gain post commission because the stock wasnt interesting and I didnt remember why I entered in the first place. Plus I have finally seen green on my DSR as i bought at 49 naira during the post PO rally. FINALLY!

@ Windywendy

I actually placed an order for may and baker already but since my broker is ajebo, he hasnt gotten it? based on fundamentals I think I have about 500k to put into one stock, would you recommend niwicable, maybaker or betaglass? so Ill make it an order for monday

I have already asked another broker to get me livestock and presco.

@ All

Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beswyt(f): 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2008
I DEY TROWAY SALUT ooo. NA TRUE SAY BIGTREAT DEY PLAN 1for3 BONUS and PUBLIC OFFER?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2008
ty_ademolu:

@ Fof2

I sold my UAC prop today after a 8% gain post commission because the stock wasnt interesting and I didnt remember why I entered in the first place. Plus I have finally seen green on my DSR as i bought at 49 naira during the post PO rally. FINALLY!

@ Windywendy

I actually placed an order for may and baker already but since my broker is ajebo, he hasnt gotten it? based on fundamentals I think I have about 500k to put into one stock, would you recommend niwicable, maybaker or betaglass? so Ill make it an order for monday

I have already asked another broker to get me livestock and presco.

@ All

Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.

i would pick BETAGLASS.  EMPTY CAVEAT
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by larryx1: 10:04pm On Mar 14, 2008
i pay homage to all the gurus in the house,windywendy,fatherof2,pumping,every GURU in the house,i am thinking of getting into Betaglass,japauloil,ikeja hotel and afroil on monday,what is your take on these stocks?ese gan, you guys are blessing to this generation
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2008
If Japaul do bonus of 1:1 and 1 naira profit all man no go dey work for Naija again.Na stock market tips on nairaland dem go dey sit down on top
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beswyt(f): 10:29pm On Mar 14, 2008
blueband:

If Japaul do bonus of 1:1 and 1 naira profit all man no go dey work for Naija again.Na stock market tips on nairaland them go dey sit down on top

It can happen. first bank did 1for1 bonus 2006.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2008
@Aktopgun , roughcut,

It looks like japaul may bleed soon o based on today's candle! I beg shine eye for d candle.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2008
@Aktopgun , roughcut,

It looks like japaul may bleed soon o based on today's candle! I beg shine eye for d candle.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 10:40pm On Mar 14, 2008
Japaul no be first bank,infact no be third bank sef

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.