Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,762 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817902 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:49am On Mar 17, 2008
Omoba3:

Imiegba1: As another guguru in da house and based upon what I have learned from our Gurus and Gurusis, this is what I can glean from the available data on Eternaoil.

It has been on the rise since the 20th of February!!! This translates to 18 consecutive days of gains!! (Somebody done chop!) This cannot continue without a reversal. CICOers will either swoop in to take profit or those holding the stock throughout the period of these gains might decide to disembark at some point. Where that point is I don't know!!

This charts show that money is still chasing the stock: Chaikin Money Flow, MACD is trending positive, as for the candles we go leave that one for Topgun.

I hope this helps some.

omoba, nice one man. nice one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:50am On Mar 17, 2008
debenzd:

@ Aktopgun,

how u dey? Hope Tobe is doing well.

How old is he now?

hey girl. he is fine, thanks for asking. results due this week again. he is 14weeks wednesday
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

results due this week again. he is 14weeks wednesday

There's only one result we are all standing on. The one that the ready writer HIMSELF has signed and sealed with the precious blood of the Lamb. Bad news will not travel in the direction of your household in Jesus name!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 10:18am On Mar 17, 2008
1-4 BONUS FOR BETAGLASS.
CONFIRMED.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 10:22am On Mar 17, 2008
@TOPGUN,
YUR PRAYERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED, JUST REJOICE FOR THE MANIFESTATION, AMEN AMEN AMEN & AMEN
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 10:30am On Mar 17, 2008
cj2008:

1-4 BONUS FOR BETAGLASS.
CONFIRMED.

You sound as if you have an ulterior motive!!! How many times do you need to say that?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by EKWA(m): 10:32am On Mar 17, 2008
Aktopgun,your baby name is Tobechukwu meaning you should always praise the Lord and come rain or sun you will always praise the Lord at the end of the day your testimony is on the way,Rejoice.Our name always have big effect in our life and Tobe own wont be different because the man up ALWAYS DELIVERS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 10:33am On Mar 17, 2008
@highlander,

lol
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 10:34am On Mar 17, 2008
Naijadr:

@RoughCut, I also said bye bye to Costain at N74.85 smiley Phewww goodluck to anyone else still on board, the price is way too outrageous, wont let greed get to me!! grin
I need to issue a buy mandate on Monday, what to buy what to buy
ABC
Dunlop
Chellarams?
Beta Glass?

Dunlop and ABC are CICO but with ABC you need to be careful though especially if the rumours of an impending PO start gaining currency you can expect an upside to  the price on the short run there are also rumours of a bonus and new businesses  but know when to get out!

I'm in there by the way

Chellarams and Beta Glass are fundamentally strong and will pass both CICO and medium-long term tests. Infact i have a forward PE of 14.3 for Chellarams and 17.2 for Beta Glass sure the selection looks reasonable to me
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 10:45am On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

omoba, nice one man. nice one.

Topgun: Thanks 4d compliment. All is well with Tobechukwu.

Highlander:

You sound as if you have an ulterior motive!!! How many times do you need to say that?

Highlander: If you go back a few posts you will see that the same question was still being asked over again. So Cj2008 is not flogging a dead horse grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Sweetaura1(f): 11:01am On Mar 17, 2008
This is good news for those that bought First Inland PO.

Cheers

N100bn IPO: First Inland to allot full value to subscribers
By Agency Reporter
Published: Monday, 17 Mar 2008
Subscribers to the First Inland Bank Plc’s N100bn Public Offer may not lose sleep over whether their subscription will be accepted or not as the bank says it will absorb every excess fund accruing from the offer.

According to a statement by the bank on Friday, the Managing Director, Mr. Okey Nwosu said this after a courtesy call on the Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi in Awka.

He said the bank’s management had already begun discussions with the capital market authorities on how to absorb excess funds arising from the offer.

“First Inland Bank Plc recently visited the capital market to raise N100bn. But the capital market has had to contend, recently, with refund of monies from companies after over-subscribed public offers,” the statement said.

It quoted Nwosu as saying that although the bank raised over a N100bn from the capital market, “we are not planning to dislodge any subscriber or return excess funds from the exercise. Rather, we are talking with the authorities of the capital market on how to absorb all subscribers.”

He had told Obi in Awka that, with 12 branches spread across Anambra State, the bank had the highest number of bank branches in the South East, it said.

He added that this was a testimony to the bank’s realisation of the economic potential of the state.

According to the statement, Nwosu described the Anambra State Integrated Development Strategy, a baby of the Obi administration as a fantastic initiative. This, the bank said, had given priority to educational development
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2008
@AkTopGun,

Oga AK47,

I hail oooooooooooooo. Abeg shine ur candle on Dunlop and Livestock for me ooooooooooooo. I take God beg you. I dey support say Dunlop don bottom out but I will need your canles to see the path wella.

@ Windy Wendy,

Madam, wetin I come do nowwwwwwwwww. You never wan reply my post on cico week (Three out of the six u recommended).

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 11:54am On Mar 17, 2008
STOCKS TO SELL

ETERNA OIL

CONOIL

AFROIL
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:58am On Mar 17, 2008
wanajo:
5% for 4 days na 20% be that. Not bad for a CICO stock

Na only the unfortunate remaining Mugu's fit enter collect that wan.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 12:00pm On Mar 17, 2008
rt briscoe in a second year in a row,has just given a 1-4 bonus,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ AKT

How do you view live trading on-line?

As per Tobe,, HE that has promised is Faithful !!

@ALL

CCNN is at an all time low, can it go any lower ?, fundamentals is wacky , I'm not keen about this stock, just stumble on it ,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2008
windywendy:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum, introducing . . .

UNITED NIGERIA TEXTILES PLC
3RD QUARTER STATEMENT FOR THE
PERIOD ENDED SEPTEMBER 30TH 2007
                        2007          2006
TURNOVER                 N13.866b      N13.583b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION  (N755.698m)   (N56.648m)
TAXATION                  NIL           NIL
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION   (N755.698m)   (N56.648m)

This result bad no be small.

A friend of mine wanted to do one quick cico on this stock last week, na so I come warn am say "results will be out soon, and I don't expect the results to be good o, so stay clear"  grin. In retrospect, I guess I was right. Wey my phone sef, make I go collect my bottle of wine  cheesy. But then again, with this NSE sef, the stock price might still keep moving up despite the result.

Happy weekend everyone!

Did you say Bad? This is a cataclysm of titanic proportions wish i could find a stronger adjective to qualify the qualifier shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

They have managed to increase their 3Q losses by 1248%!

To imagine that this was a stock that was on an extended bull-run a  while ago on this  same NSE beggars belief!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2008
Dangote results out, as usual, bonus and dividend.

DANGOTE SUGAR REFINERY AUDITED ACCOUNT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2007
2007 2006 CHANGE % CHANGE
N'b N'b N'b %
TURNOVER 80.649 83.767 -3.118 -3.72
PBT 30.662 16.657 14.005 84.08
TAXATION 9.184 -9.184
PAT 21.478 16.657 4.821 28.94
PROPOSED DIVIDEND (FINAL) 50 KOBO
BONUS 1 FOR 5
CLOSURE DATE 24 - 27 MARCH, 2008
PAYMENT DATE 11TH APRIL, 2008

(from ZSL)

As par UNTL, someone said here that bad results now lead to price increases in NSE, after the catastrophic results of UNTL, the stock still gained almost max on friday. Let's see what today holds for teh stock. However the result was for 3Q, amybe they will rush to release the FY to remedy teh situation.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2008
@pumpin

I have somE RTBRISCOE
as they have given a 1 to 4 bonus now, if i sell my holdings say tomorrow, will i get the bonus?
also this news should mean people would start selling off and may lead to a price decline.
is this statement valid?
please analyze

@ALL
FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUT
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2008
I see IEI is doing a turn around, I have loads of it stocked up and wondering whether to sell and move into something else.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2008
i had wanted to repost on CCNN yesterday and another company i am watching- GSK but i decided against it. I do not make buy or sell recommendations but like to discuss the technicals to further enhance my skills and learning. i personally do not want this forum to turn into one where fellas just ask "what do i buy or sell" but rather to slowwly but surely understand "Why" someone would suggest a buy or sell on any stock. i still maintain that for the individual investor, value investing is safer and causes less sleepless nights and heartache. Besides what happens if ur computer crashes or u cant get a hold of ur broker in time? undecided undecided undecided

my thoughts on CCNN using TA, as i said earlier last week on it is that its supprot is currently between N18 and N19 and i expect it to do an upswing this week. I expected it on friday but it had not actually touched that support line till friday. i hope i'm right and not just blowing smoke  grin.

Dunlop, it may stagnate a bit but i personally do not see it dropping further for now.

lets see what the markets do today.

@prince11, i answered u last week on the question u asked, guess u didnt see it, the stockexchange website mate
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by OpeLovely(f): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2008
Nawa o! This thread is loaded! 674 replies! Omo, people like money o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2008
Ope, abi you no like money, empty ya account for my own na!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Kashif(m): 12:55pm On Mar 17, 2008
Keeping pace with this thread is unconsciously creeping into my priority list! Na wa o embarassed

@AKT, You are doing real good! Keep it up man. wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2008
@blueband et pumping (i know u both have IEI)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loml: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2008
Investment and Allied Assurance.

Investment Duration: ShortTerm (3-6mths)
Today's Price: N5 (4 units of shares)
Trading Range: N6:00 - N20:00
Personal Rating: 7/10

This was offered on private placement Last year (precisely - August, 2007) at N2.60 at N2.00 par value, today it's being offered for N5.k. This means that you will get 4 times the number of shares you pay for, and since It will come to the market at N1.50 it actually means that it's coming at the equivalent of N6.00 at N2 par value. There is a limited offer of this available for N5 per share also at N2.00 par value. You can get reciepts for whatever volume you want within what is available. The company was in for the quotation committee meeting last week, and it can be crossed directly to individual accounts in the CSCS. All Interested in this are required to make their cheques available to Infinity Royal Asset Managment Ltd by Thursday this week. Drop your Check at Generis Solutions, 3rd Floor Oluwatobi House, 71 Allen Avenue, Ikeja Lagos ask for Joseph Osodi,

BGL Securities.

Investment Duration: Midterm (1-2yrs)
Today's Price: N7:00
Trading Range: N20:00 - N30:00
Personal Rating: 6/10

This is one of the biggest Stock broking firms in Nigeria. Information reaching me has it that they don't need our money. The private placement is already closed, but we have a few days window to tap into it. Their Private Placement share price is N7.00 and they are planning to be listed first quarter of next year at N27.00. Minimum shares one can buy in the PP is 1,000,000 units, but we can collaborate. All interested in this are required to make their cheques available to Infinity Royal Asset Managment Ltd by Thursday this week, pls ensure that you get your reciepts. Drop your Check at Generis Solutions, 3rd Floor Oluwatobi House, 71 Allen Avenue, Ikeja Lagos ask for Ogho Emore.

APT Securities and Funds.

Investment Duration: Midterm (1-2yrs)
Today's Price: N6:00
Trading Range: N20:00 - N30:00
Personal Rating: 6/10

This is also one of the top 10 Stock broking firms in Nigeria, The APT securities stock private placment is already closed, but it's available for us. We have an opportunity to pick multiples of 1,000,000 shares at N6:00 per share. All interested in this are required to make their cheques available to Infinity Royal Asset Managment Ltd by Wednessday this week, pls ensure that you get your reciepts.Drop your Check at Generis Solutions, 3rd Floor Oluwatobi House, 71 Allen Avenue, Ikeja Lagos ask for  Joseph Osodi

Osodi Joseph 'Ekwu,
Deals administrator,
New Nigeria Club.
e.osodi@generis-solutions.com
www.josephekwu.,

I got this mail this morning please could someone  explain it better for me in layman's language
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2008
Still no market situation report, nobody peeping at the floor?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Kashif(m): 1:24pm On Mar 17, 2008
Chei!  E be like say our driver for ABC don pull hand brake join the brake wey him match last friday? grin

www.trw-stockbrokers.com/services.aspx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:31pm On Mar 17, 2008
dunlop

CCNN

GSK

CILeasing

IEI

interesting stuff. would like to see the candle patterns today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2008
i forgot to add

Dansugar
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2008
@roughcut

se o n ri ABC sha! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2008
aktopgun:

i forgot to add

Dansugar

And ABC but i think what happened today is a confirmation of what we said last friday. I think its still going to drop for a few more days. Bullish reversal trend has been confirmed by the drop today

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.