Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (813584 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2008
@ Debenz

What is the current Outstanding shares for CCNN
debenzd:

INFACT CCNN DID 117% pat OVER 2006 RESULTS FOR THE 2ND QTR 2007. I BELIEVE IT IS ON STOCK IN THAT SECTOR THAT WILL REPRESENT. I ALSO KNOW THEY HAVE A HIGH PE RATIO SO CAVEAT DEY PLENTY WELL WELL.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2008
eniyanman:

@easimoni,
interesting analysis. is it possible to do this on a sector-by-sector basis?
cheers.

If I do that one, I go begin demand payment because na sack dem go sack me. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2008
@EASIMONI I BEG U FIT SEND ME DIS CHART MAKE I DEY DO AM MYSELF?

@PUMPING, I RESY MY CASE FOR CCNN. AT LEAST DEM TRY ABI WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THEIR RESULTS. i THINK ASHAKA AND BCC WILL REPEAT THE WAPCO "MAGIC"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2008
Femtex:

@ Debenz

What is the current Outstanding shares for CCNN

1.24b AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I HAVE FROM FUTUREVIEW AS AT JANUARY 2008.

@PUMPING IS THIS CORRECT?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2008
@OmoAbike
im worried for you o, ur broker bought Etherna at 52naira ( na die be dat o). . .if i was in your shoes, i'll sell cos the way the thing will bleed, even the sacred hearts hospital will not be able to help. Pls, next time, set a limit for ur broker so u dont buy overprized stocks.

@All
Egbami o, i told my broker to sell off my first Alum and he said they couldnt sell. why now? shey nobody wan buy ni? abeggi o, make my spreadsheet profit no disappear for my very eye o.

Chei, i don dey get winch, i suspected Bigtreat will ressurect today and the thing responded , the next one wey go wake up from sleep na ABC, my mind is saying Wednesday, that one go turn green.
E be like say i go load more for that ABC, my new ID is RISKY2 since somebody don dey bear Risky for here (lol!)

@AKTOPGUN
abeggi, when u get time plenty, help me flash candle for ABC abeggi,
thanks a lot

@Windy
Welcome back, whats the take for next week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbanbajo(m): 5:06pm On Mar 20, 2008
All (especially my teachers - pumping et al),

Still on STERLNBANK

My broker offers me 1,000,000 units of Sterling at a premium of N2.
Do you consider this a good BUY?
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2008
debenzd:

1.24b AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I HAVE FROM FUTUREVIEW AS AT JANUARY 2008.

@PUMPING IS THIS CORRECT?

I have the same.

You have to look at CCNN's result very well over the course of the year. It appears they dropped PAT in Q-3 and only added to PAT marginally in Q-4. They already declared PAT of N0.19B in Q-3 but ended the year with N0.14B. This is not my favourite sector at the moment.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2008
igbanbajo:

Still on STERLNBANK

[/color][color=#990000]

That is around 27% premium at N9.28 with a forward PE of around 29x at that price. I think you should netotiate this down and look for like 15% at least or you may just end up making stipends after factoring in selling commision as well
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2008
igbanbajo:

Still on STERLNBANK

[/color][color=#990000]

This your broker na ARMY ROBBER.I ahve been accumulating Sterling for the past month and my broker has been getting it for me from the floor of the house.As greentree dey always talk-"All na Yahooze" grin grin grin grin( I actually find that statement he makes very funny)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2008
@EASIMONI, I AM BEGINNING TO SUSPECT THAT MOST OF THESE COYS ARE RELEASING THEIR RESULTS TO COINCIDE WITH THE IMPENDING BULL RUN.

CCNN RELEASED THEIRS EARLY.

@PUMPING I AGREE WITH YOU BUT WITH THE BULL RUN PLUS D FACT DAT CCNN HAS D MOST CHEERING NEWS(SOME PROFIT) I EXPECT IT TO BE ON D UPWARD TREND.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2008
@blueband which broker u dey use?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2008
Please i have Japaul oil, Transcorp and Livestock that i just bought recently day after i bought it started bleeding, lol, i am lucky as i only bought very little as i am only experimenting this Stock thing,
Don't know if i shld count my lose and sell and put the money in ABC transport,ikeja hotels or where,
To be honest,been reading this thread religiously for about a week now
please can someone please suggest 2 good fundamental stock the bear has beaten that i can enter for meduim term
Also shares that i should have for long term
as well cico, I hope my ignorance is not too glaring
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2008
debenzd:

@EASIMONI, I AM BEGINNING TO SUSPECT THAT MOST OF THESE COYS ARE RELEASING THEIR RESULTS TO COINCIDE WITH THE IMPENDING BULL RUN.

@PUMPING I AGREE WITH YOU BUT WITH THE BULL RUN PLUS D FACT DAT CCNN HAS D MOST CHEERING NEWS(SOME PROFIT) I EXPECT IT TO BE ON D UPWARD TREND.

I think they are releasing these ones just before Easter to minimize the negative impact.

I have no doubt that it could be on an upward trend but this may have nothing to do with wether the results are good or bad. In fact, the worse the results, the better for the positive movement  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2008
debenzd:

@blueband which broker u dey use?

Futureview.It took me some relationship building to get quality commitment.They have been good but still have some teething problems.Overall I am satisfied for now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2008
debenzd:

I dont want to sound like a doubting Thomas but I think the bears are not finished yet. That stampede effect may likely continue untill all those that has made 'amu robber' profits will finsh their game. Nobody wants to see his or her spreadsheet profits varnish.

So the bulls may still wait untill I finish loading my trailer, then we can proceed to lake Chad. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 5:28pm On Mar 20, 2008
CUTIX PLC: Unaudited result for the third quarter ended 31st January 2008 shows Turnover of N975.75 million, as against N762.21 million in the comparable period of 2007. Profit after tax stood at N84.3 million compared with N88.5 million in 2007.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2008
PUMPING 77 ET al[color=#006600][/color]Please i have Japaul oil, Transcorp and Livestock that i just bought recently day after i bought it started bleeding, lol,  i am lucky as i only bought very little as i am only experimenting this Stock thing,
Don't know if i shld count my lose and sell and put the money in ABC transport,ikeja hotels or where,
please can someone please suggest 2 good fundamental stock the bear has beaten that i can enter for meduim term
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by igbanbajo(m): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2008
@easimoni

I have printed and filed your chart (for preservation purposes) after doing some dissection of it.
Please be kind enough to forward me the soft copy. My email addy is igbanbajo at yahoo dot com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2008
For those interested in Redstar here is the chart, but it will require the interpretation of Roughcut and Topgun; From what I can gather, todays closing candle looks like a Spinning Top. MACD is trending positive,

Momentum is gradually trending up, so also is Chaikin Money Flow still looking positive. (Over to you Gurus and Gurusis)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2008
Pls pass this on to your ypunger ones and friends in need of a job:

Shell is looking to recruit young finance and econs graduates.

Application to be submitted online @ www.shell.com/careers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Malaga: 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2008
Afroil is a dead company. Afroil have no office in Nigeria. Afroil was closed down in 2001. since 2001 there has never been any financials of Afroil. This is a fraud against the investing public. My heart goes to those who invested in this Fraud.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by EIM: 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2008
EIM TRUST, Headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. for backed up traders by Forex market trading. Our purpose is to acquire and manage investments in markets we know well and protect our assets from fluctuations through diversified holdings. Our goal is to continue to safely increase earnings and shareholder value.

We are dedicated to leading our industry in customer satisfaction by providing consistently high-quality service; in profitability by demanding efficiency; in innovation by developing and marketing new systems, products and services; and in growth by searching out new domestic and international opportunities.

EIM Admin
-------------------
Please joint at:
http://eimtrust.info/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2008
dvonne:

Please i have Japaul oil, Transcorp and Livestock that i just bought recently day after i bought it started bleeding, lol, i am lucky as i only bought very little as i am only experimenting this Stock thing,

Selling is one thing, buying something good with the money is another. I don't think this is the time to buy Ikeja Hotels after missing the recent bull run. Profit takers can strike any moment.

ABC is not fundamentally sound either so if you can buy it, you might as well stick with Japuaul since it has also shed a lot of weight.

These are my suggestions of what to buy now. Caveat Emptor Abeg.

Medium Term - Beta Glass
Long Term: UBA/Oceanic/Chellarams

Sorry I won't be able to dissect these stocks now. If you check previous posts, you will find posts in which I gave reasons for buying Beta Glass and Chellarams. As for UBA and Oceanic, these are undervalued but it may take a while for the market to wake up.

Good luck.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2008
@MALAGA,

THIS IS RECENT NEWS ON AFROIL
http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/2007/12/11/afroil-plc-completes-first-phase-of-expansion-programme/

Do you think this may have also helped the "dead coy" ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2008
Malaga:

Afroil is a dead company. Afroil have no office in Nigeria. Afroil was closed down in 2001. since 2001 there has never been any financials of Afroil. This is a fraud against the investing public. My heart goes to those who invested in this Fraud.

Please check your facts again. I am not disputing that this is a dead company and I am not supporting the assertion either.

Afroil released Full Year results for 2006 in April last year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2008
windywendy:

Ikeja hotels, I used to have but have since sold. Forward P/E based on a projected PAT of 649 (which they projected in their prospectus) is 22, which is fair in comparison to the other valuations we're seeing in the sector. Infact considering that they've already done 632m PAT in their 9months of FY07, I'm thinking that a more realistic projected PAT will be about 800, bringing forward P/E to about 17. Although the caveat here, as easimoni has been pointing out, is that they might make a loss in their final quarter (I seriously doubt that though).

It's a very solid fundamental stock. I'm not sure it's good for cico, but if you're into anything other than cico, it's a BUY. From TA though, it looks like there was some heavy selling on Mar.3 and 4 and some heavy buying in the two days subsequent to that. Yesteday and today looks like the stock experienced some selling pressure. Results should be out around July (i'm guessing here) and if it's anything better than what they projected (and suspect it will be), the share price should head north -- esp. if there are good rewards to back up the results. Now seems a good time to buy, if you're in for the medium term. I don't foresee it falling any more significantly that it already has. As usual, caveat plenti.

E be like say I go commot now o. Happy investing everyone. cheesy

Windywendy gave her insightful take on Ikeja Hotel on the 11th March. Today is the 20th March. 9 days later the stock is still on the rise. It has broken to a new high and for now continues to rise. How long this rise will continue is anyones guess. The Gurus and Gurusis will advice as to whether its still wise to board since its consistent rise, but as the saying goes on this thread, its not wise to try and catch a moving bus!!!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2008
why will the NSE allow a dead company to be running at full gear on the floor?
that one na die. . .how is that different from the wonderbanks that came to steal?
The NSE should be questioned if its true that the company has no office and no financials which i doubt anyway.
That cant be possible
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2008
@ Jideakin1 etc

The chart for Transcorp today.

Long story about pasting it here so will just summarise:

The candle is red which means the price closed lower than the opening price. It however closed higher than the close on the last trading day. Don't remember whether this is an Emperor Hirohito or a Bruce Lee! Or is it princess Diana?

The 10 day moving average is cutting upwards across the 25 day average. The RSI, momentum and histograms are all trending upwards.

These all indicate an upwards trajectory for Transcorp but the red Bruce Lee today with a reasonable volume is a slowing down from its usual maximum gain.

Those in for cico with nervous disposition should sell but know that if the Moslem and Easter breaks had anything to do with the movement it could be a totally different direction on Tuesday.

My suggestion is watch it again on Tuesday and if it levels off or drops time for cicoers to bail.

This is a one stop service for Transcorp only. Hope AKT agrees.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2008
UBA DAILY STOCK POSITION

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 6:56pm On Mar 20, 2008
@

My take on Transcorp(se) is that it is a risky investment and remains so until ,   However Transcorp may represent the only opportunity for the commmon investor to get into the Telecoms sector.

One thing for sure is this - the day the deal with any major investor gets to the ordinary investor the price would be out of reach. I have dedicated a portion of my investments reserved for such risky business to Transcorp. If I wake up tomorrow and there is no Transcorp then so be it.

the time to get Transcorp is when nobody wants it. (As Oga Wanaj0 would say - only if it fits your risk appetite)

Disclosure - I am loaded on Trascorp.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2008
@Pumping/All; Please comments/critique,

I observed that both Oceanic, UBA and Mutual benefit are at an all time low! and are sound
Mutual will be doing IPO a some point, but I don't see them going on a PO at less than 6.00. UBA and Oceanic are very tempting indeed, which one of them do you will likely be more rewarding in the long term, about 9 month from now !

Chellarams has increased by abot 7% from its recent low, is the surrent price still good enogh for entry?

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Malaga: 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2008
pumping777:

Please check your facts again. I am not disputing that this is a dead company and I am not supporting the assertion either.

Afroil released Full Year results for 2006 in April last year.

where is their office in Nigeria this company was closed down in 2001.  who released the result The guys in proshare had a semina this afternoon in Lagos sharaton Hotel. Am just coming back from that semina more than 500 attendance. i got that information from the facilitators. Afroil closed down in 2001.

You now have the task of locating their office in Nigeria.  what is their website.  Oya Pumping show me their result of 2006. Result could be released from any body's bed room. was that result released in the floor of the NSE?  This is a fraud.!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.