Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (813532 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 6:59pm On Mar 20, 2008
This is the pictorial to back up Samstone4's analysis of Transcorp:

samstone4:

@ Jideakin1 etc

The chart for Transcorp today.

Long story about pasting it here so will just summarise:

The candle is red which means the price closed lower than the opening price. It however closed higher than the close on the last trading day. Don't remember whether this is an Emperor Hirohito or a Bruce Lee! Or is princess Diana?

The 10 day moving average is cutting upwards across the 25 day average. The RSI, momentum and histograms are all trending upwards.

These all indicate an upwards trajectory for Transcorp but the red Bruce Lee today with a reasonable volume is a slowing down from its usual maximum gain.

Those in for cico with nervous disposition should sell but know that if the Moslem and Easter breaks had anything to do with the movement it could be a totally different direction on Tuesday.

My suggestion is watch it again on Tuesday and if it levels off or drops time for cicoers to bail.

This is a one stop service for Transcorp only. Hope AKT agrees.

Samstone4 cool cool cool

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ijogbon(m): 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2008
On Transcorp.

I learnt the meaning of a very old proverb I had heard somewhere before but failed to harken to -

'If you want a fine wife dont pick her on a SUNDAY'. grin

I loaded up on Transcorp.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2008
@malaga

Abeg give us gist on the proshare meeting in Sheraton. They teach you to make money well well?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2008
Malaga:

where is their office in Nigeria this company was closed down in 2001.  who released the result The guys in proshare had a semina this afternoon in Lagos sharaton Hotel. Am just coming back from that semina more than 500 attendance. i got that information from the facilitators. Afroil closed down in 2001.

You now have the task of locating their office in Nigeria.  what is their website.  Oya Pumping show me their result of 2006. Result could be released from any body's bed room. was that result released in the floor of the NSE?  This is a fraud.!!!

Why you come dey give me assignment now?  grin grin grin You no come call me when you dey go attend the meeting sha o. As I talk, wether the company dey dead or alive, me no sabi.  Wether them get office, no idea. Wetin I talk be say NSE release result for them last year on the 18th of April, 2007.

Oya take but you go pay for this my research o  grin grin

AFROIL PLC
AUDITED Q1 ACCOUNT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST DECEMBER, 2006
PERIOD 2006 2005 ABSOLUTE CHANGE %CHANGE
TURNOVER (N' m) 25.230 29.855 -4.63 -18.3%
(LOSS)/PBT (N'm) -10.325 -5.619 -4.71 45.6%
TAXATION (N'm) 1.326 0.216 1.11 83.7%
(LOSS)/PAT (N'm) -11.651 -5.835 -5.82 49.9%

From Meristem
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Malaga: 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2008
yes o brother mia!

The analyst talked about atopgun candles o, i must learn that candle by all means,

The shares mentioned as must buy are,

will share this only if Napoleon and FO2 will come back to this forum.

The guys in proshare are very sharp, they even brought another facilitator from New york stock exchange,  

Lots of old elites,
Business day publishers were there.
Thisday
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 7:25pm On Mar 20, 2008
All,

Someone please upload the application form for Custodian and Allied Insurance public offer. Thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Malaga: 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2008
pumping777:

Why you come dey give me assignment now?  grin grin grin You no come call me when you dey go attend the meeting sha o. As I talk, wether the company dey dead or alive, me no sabi.  Wether them get office, no idea. Wetin I talk be say NSE release result for them last year on the 18th of April, 2007.

Oya take but you go pay for this my research o  grin grin

AFROIL PLC
AUDITED Q1 ACCOUNT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST DECEMBER, 2006
PERIOD 2006 2005 ABSOLUTE CHANGE %CHANGE
TURNOVER (N' m) 25.230 29.855 -4.63 -18.3%
(LOSS)/PBT (N'm) -10.325 -5.619 -4.71 45.6%
TAXATION (N'm) 1.326 0.216 1.11 83.7%
(LOSS)/PAT (N'm) -11.651 -5.835 -5.82 49.9%

From Meristem

Meristem are fund of outdated data's (check the accuracy of the Coy's outstanding no of shares they have.).  Oya where is their office. looking at those results, you don't need an accountant before u know it is a hoax,
where is Afroil's office?
I know Eternaoil's office,AP,Chevron,Mobile,Conoil,Oando, where is Afroil's office are they running a paper company?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dvonne(f): 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2008
Thank you loads pumping
will reverse now and make amendments.
will also read up your post on beta glass
God bless
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2008
Malaga:

Meristem are fund of outdated data's (check the accuracy of the Coy's outstanding no of shares they have.).  Oya where is their office. looking at those results, you don't need an accountant before u know it is a hoax,
where is Afroil's office?
I know Eternaoil's office,AP,Chevron,Mobile,Conoil,Oando, where is Afroil's office are they running a paper company?

I don't understand your point again. I talk say dem release result. Which one concern me again for where dem office dey? FSDH released the same result. Na audited result sef and FSDH I think reports it correctly as full year result. End of story.

I no get Afroil and I've never bought. I'm just correcting your statement abi na bad thing? It appears you were so impressed by this meeting, you don't think it is necessary to check any information you are given. Next time wey you dey go dat kin place, make you send me ticket make I join you  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2008
Where are your shares listed?

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2008
For those chasing illiquid stocks!

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Malaga: 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2008
pumping777:

I don't understand your point again. I talk say them release result. Which one concern me again for where them office dey? FSDH released the same result. Na audited result sef and FSDH I think reports it correctly as full year result. End of story.

I no get Afroil and I've never bought. I'm just correcting your statement abi na bad thing? It appears you were so impressed by this meeting, you don't think it is necessary to check any information you are given. Next time wey you dey go that kin place, make you send me ticket make I join you  grin

Pumping i must confess am so impressed with the proshare meeting ooo, i will check for Afroil's office tomorrow. Tonight sef, make i make phone calls now, Proshare are so confident that the company closed down in 2001 and there has been no financial since 2001 oooo! Anyway na naija we dey.

Let me even check NSE website ,    But  how comes nobody questioned that in Sharaton today,

Pumping next time i go send you ticket  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 7:53pm On Mar 20, 2008
Happy Page 700!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2008
@ MALAGA,

You no even want share the proshare picks with us on nairaland. The gurus here don share their own. Share now, make we analyse am for floor. Don't follow everything you heard there hook, line and sinker. NYSE dey different from NSE my bro.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by echelon(m): 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2008
Hi. Please does anyone know how much is charged for share certificate verification in Nigeria?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2008
@Malaga et @pumping

Afroil 2005 and 2006 results

Turnover  30      25

PAT      -36.9     - 48.56

Price as at reporting date 2.79 kobo

Culled from Stockswatch magazine published on the 28th of April
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2008
Favour08:

@ MALAGA,

You no even want share the proshare picks with us on nairaland. The gurus here don share their own. Share now, make we analyse am for floor. Don't follow everything you heard there hook, line and sinker. NYSE dey different from NSE my bro.

Yes O! Malaga, you must share "what" and "why"!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2008
My brother Easi and Oga pumping - i need to holla at you in a minute via email. I get one issue wey i no fit discuss openly.
Sorry guys, if anyone else one know, i go tell you. But, do not think it is appropriate for open forum.

Thanks for understanding,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by edwardaigb: 8:29pm On Mar 20, 2008
Law union and rock or nascon which is better for cico?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2008
pumping , looked back and can see beta glass havent given a bonus as far as my records show. guess u were right when u say dont be expecting a bonus, however, a fat dividen will do the trick grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by My4tune: 8:40pm On Mar 20, 2008
Awon nairalanders!!! I doff my hat for you guys. You guys are three much. I have been in the back burner gaining so much insight from this forum, no be small thing oh.  Guys more butter (blueband) to your elbows.  

Just had to hail oh!  Make una no vex I'm not a deep pocket oh (but i fit tear the pocket sha make e deep pass as e be grin grin) I just dey try learn one or two things from you guys.  

easimoni, abeg where this your famous spreadsheet wey I dey hear about?

Ak-gbosa, Men you don put me for work with this candle business oh!  

To all the gurus, guressess and gugurus, you are all doing a terrific job. Bravo!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2008
@Pumping I sent something on the otherside, abeg respond.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2008
jideakin1:

@Pumping I sent something on the otherside, abeg respond.

Which other side? My email?

@savvyLanre - I don respond.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2008
messanger, i think offline
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2008
@Loma - I never stop laughing since I read this your fisherman cartoon o. The fish come look like GCappa for my eyes grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2008
loma:

Now to more serious things! cool

Can you simplify the following

A research team proceeded towards the apex of a natural geologic protuberance, the purpose of their expedition being the procurement of a sample of fluid hydride of oxygen in a large vessel, the exact size of which was unspecified. One member of the team precipitously descended, sustaining severe damage to the upper cranial portion of his anatomical structure; subsequently the second member of the team performed a self rotational translation oriented in the same direction taken by the first team member.

Loma: Make I try small grin

A research team went to the top of a mountain in search of a sample of liquid hydride oxygen, using a large container. A member of the team fell suddenly down the mountain suffering severe damage to his brain. Subsequently, the second team member also had a fall, rolling down the mountain.

how i tak do? try, pass or fail?? grin

Nice brain teaser
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by peace2all(m): 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2008
Happy page 700 everyone.

You guys are doing wonderful job.

God bless you all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2008
Prince11:

@Pumping/All; Please comments/critique,

I observed that both Oceanic, UBA and Mutual benefit are at an all time low! and are sound
Mutual will be doing IPO a some point, but I don't see them going on a PO at less than 6.00. UBA and Oceanic are very tempting indeed, which one of them do you will likely be more rewarding in the long term, about 9 month from now !

Chellarams has increased by abot 7% from its recent low, is the surrent price still good enogh for entry?

Thanks.

I think you are looking at this just from the technical point of view.

Fundamentally UBA, Oceanic and Chellarams are good value but Mutual Benefit is not. Many stocks that are not fundamentally strong are seeing their lowest prices in the last 2 weeks or so. There is no assurance that these will not even sink lower especially insurance stocks that seem to now be out of favour. It is better to wait for a stock like Mbenefit to bottom out before you enter.

If Chellerams should grow their PAT by just 25% this year, the forward PE will be round 19. Now consider the fact that they grew PAT by over 200% last year. What if they hit 50% this year?

Back to your question, if you are looking at 9 months from now just extend it to one year and load up on UBA and Oceanic. Chei, I go dey envy by that time if I don't grab copies at a shop near me too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2008
Omoba3:

Loma: Make I try small grin

A research team went to the top of a mountain in search of a sample of liquid hydride oxygen, using a large container. A member of the team fell suddenly down the mountain suffering severe damage to his brain. Subsequently, the second team member also had a fall, rolling down the mountain.

how i tak do? try, pass or fail?? grin

Nice brain teaser

Make I help small.

Water
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2008
pumping777:

Make I help small.

Water

Now we sabi who bi engineer grin I don learn new name for wata today. How I tak do for the rest? grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheOne2(m): 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2008
@loma

Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pail of water
Jack fell down and broke his head and Jill came tumbling after
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Guk: 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2008
I have it on good record that Mutual Benefit is not comteplating a (I)P.O soonest.

They shall be giving Dividend soon which is rumoured to be between 10k - 16k per share.

Am looking at the Insurance stocks to go below =N=4 before moving in again

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.